Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

He won't be able to. She'll blow up KL, thus Dany's vision of a burnt out throne room. Otherwise, yes.

That could happen. I dunno I always assumed Jaime would meet Tyrion again, though. I figured Jaime would somehow get his honor back before he dies, as his arc seems to be about him coming around and realizing he's not the biggest piece of poo poo ever. And it feels like him and Tyrion have unfinished business between them, although I guess that applies a lot less to the show since they didn't talk about the Tysha thing. In the show Jaime hates Tyrion because he killed Tywin but that's not nearly the motivation it is in the book. Still would feel a little odd if the Lannister kids didn't meet again before poo poo hits the fan.

Also assume Bran going through the wall will cause it to fall since he's marked but you'd think Benjen would realize that and warn him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I'm watching the episode now so far it's great. Tommen just going "welp" was great.

Super mad Marge didn't make it out she was the one smart one. Not going to let that one slide. Nope. gently caress you.

Also that one septa getting death by snu snu was pretty loving brutal. What the hell was the point of the Jaime/Cersei reconciliation if this is what she does

Turdis McWordis
Mar 29, 2016

by LadyAmbien
This is pretty decent.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/06/27/pods-podcast-of-westeros/

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

What's happening in the Stormlands? Or so they essentially not exist in this show?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

TequilaJesus posted:

What's happening in the Stormlands? Or so they essentially not exist in this show?

Robert and Renly died and nobody stepped up to claim that they killed them so the Stormlands reverted to a primitive medieval meritocratic republic where lordships were dissolved and landowners/guildsmen vote who'll manage the various counties' affairs as elector-counts and mayors. Those who don't own land can be leased it by other landowners in exchange for a share of grown crops/services and a call to aide in times of need. Otherwise they're retained as servants to the realm in general or are considered 'outlaws' who aren't neccessarily criminals but are considered vagabonds to whom local laws of hospitality need not apply.

BUT if Stannis or Cersei admitted they killed Renly/Robert then they'd own the Stormlands by right which is the way things work now I guess.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 27, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MrSlam posted:

Robert and Renly died and nobody stepped up to claim that they killed them so the Stormlands reverted to a primitive medieval meritocratic republic where lordships were dissolved and landowners/guildsmen vote who'll manage the various counties' affairs as elector-counts and mayors. Those who don't own land can be leased it by other landowners in exchange for a share of grown crops/services and a call to aide in times of need. Otherwise they're retained as servants to the realm in general or are considered 'outlaws' who aren't neccessarily criminals but are considered vagabonds to whom local laws of hospitality need not apply.

BUT if Stannis or Cersei admitted they killed Renly/Robert then they'd own the Stormlands by right which is the way things work now I guess.

So by this logic D&D own the Storm Lands since they were the character assassins of Renly and Stannis.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I assume they're empty cause Dany's gonna land there and the writers don't give a poo poo.

Is Dragonstone empty too?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
This was a great episode.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Star posted:

https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/television/2016/06/26/when-will-george-r-r-martins-next-book-come-out-maybe-next-year-maybe-never.html
While it’s tempting to blame Martin alone for the long wait for Winter, the series may be a victim of its own popularity. Canadian supernatural fantasy writer Kelly Armstrong recalls when her Women of the Otherworld series, known for the 2001 werewolf novel Bitten, first took off.

“Once you are into a successful series it’s really hard to tune out the noise,” she says. “As the series goes on you hear, ‘What do you mean I have to wait an entire year for a book?’”

She’s currently at work on the supernatural thriller series Cainsville, publishing its fourth book, Visions, this August, a punctual one year after the last volume was released. Still, she finds herself emboldened by the precedent Martin has set.

“Now I can just say, ‘Well, Mr. Martin takes . . . ’” she laughs. “He sets the bar really, really low for us, which is awesome.”

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
That article is ducking stupid. What argument is it even making?

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jon Snow is King of the North because his people say so.

The only legitimate measure of power imo.

Also confirming R+L=J means nothing in terms of making him the du jure ruler of winterfell. Being Rhaegar's son makes him the Heir to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany. Of course should Jon need some legitimization that letter Robb wrote legitimizing Jon and naming him the heir to Winterfell could conveniently pop up.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

The only legitimate measure of power imo.

Also confirming R+L=J means nothing in terms of making him the du jure ruler of winterfell. Being Rhaegar's son makes him the Heir to the Iron Throne ahead of Dany. Of course should Jon need some legitimization that letter Robb wrote legitimizing Jon and naming him the heir to Winterfell could conveniently pop up.

he doesnt need legitimizing, all the northern Lords basically said they dont give a poo poo if hes a bastard hes still their Lord.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Robb suddenly has the authority to legitimise Jon Snow as a Stark because he and his mates rebelled against the Iron Throne and called himself a King, Jon Snow now has the same authority to say "Yeah, okay, I'm Jon Stark now" so it doesn't really matter in the least about any letters or whatever.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

That article is ducking stupid. What argument is it even making?

I dunno, I was just amused by that one author saying Martin lowers the bar for everyone

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I dunno, I was just amused by that one author saying Martin lowers the bar for everyone

EXCEPT ON A SCALE!

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

EXCEPT ON A SCALE!

HIYO! :golfswing:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
What the gently caress is with the white ravens in this show, didn't Pycelle get one like 3 seasons ago? Do they send them out when summer is over AND when winter begins?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I think they get them at the change of every season.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

What the gently caress is with the white ravens in this show, didn't Pycelle get one like 3 seasons ago? Do they send them out when summer is over AND when winter begins?
lets take this slow and see if we can't puzzle out what might have gone down here

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Obviously all the stuff in season 6 in the North happened at the same time as the stuff in season 2 in KL. Multiple Sansas confirmed.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Welp, I might be dumb but at least I would have never written "THEY"RE IN THE PIE, THIS PIE I COOKED, *cutaway to a finger in the pie*, I BUTCHERED THEM AND MADE THEM INTO A PIE............THIS IS A YOUR KIDS PIE"

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Welp, I might be dumb but at least I would have never written "THEY"RE IN THE PIE, THIS PIE I COOKED, *cutaway to a finger in the pie*, I BUTCHERED THEM AND MADE THEM INTO A PIE............THIS IS A YOUR KIDS PIE"

"You mean there's goat in this pie? I am not sure what you are saying. It's good though."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What is a "pie"?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
"ARgghhhgha, why are my sons just sitting here while I dieeeeeeeeeee"

"Goddammit you rear end in a top hat I said they're IN THE PIE"

"BLeerurghhghg...boys......boys....avenge meee...."

"THE PIE THE PIIIIE"

"lol jk owned"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

What is a "pie"?

A baked dish in a pastry dough casing.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Hotpie makes a cameo this episode

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He at least should've taken a bite or two first. She jumped the gun on the WHY HERE THEY ARE scene.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"THE PIE THE PIIIIE"
:haw: I'm nominating you for an Emmy

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Of the major areas in relation to Cersei:

1) North - open rebellion
2) Vale - open rebellion
3) Riverlands - just lost to Edmure by way of Arya
4) Highgarden - open rebellion or at least gearing up for it
5) Stormlands - who gives a gently caress
6) Westerlands - the one spot you rule, which probably hates you behind your bag for the kinslaying of Kevan & Lancel
7) Dorne - open rebellion
8) Reach - I don't think this even exists in the show

Outside of the Landing she has no support at all. 5/8 of the above just need to agree on a suitable replacement...which is coming their way

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

MrSlam posted:

He at least should've taken a bite or two first. She jumped the gun on the WHY HERE THEY ARE scene.

:haw: I'm nominating you for an Emmy

I would've loved for the director to allow Maisie to embrace the crazy and go full-anime with her Murderface

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

visceril posted:

Hotpie makes a cameo this episode

She's been trained in the deadly arts of poison, water-dancing, spycraft, and facechanging, but her deadliest talent so far was gained from a brtual 3 months of Hot Pie cooking classes.

He honed his skills from the savage kitchens of Flea Bottom. He's the Pie Mei of bakecraft.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"THE PIE THE PIIIIE"

"lol jk owned"

slow clap that rises into raging applause.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Cersei's rule will be short lived considering how the kingdom is still broke and the iron bank wants their money back. Even if she's forced back to the westerlands casterly rock is also broke

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Oh God please let this show end with a dude marrying his aunt

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Flying under the radar is how littlefinger finally came out and said what his end game is. A bit prosperous that a petty lord, son of an upjumped sell sword whos lordship is over patch of rock barely fit to graze sheep and a one room keep thinks he can become king of the entire loving continent, but there we are.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

Cersei's rule will be short lived considering how the kingdom is still broke and the iron bank wants their money back. Even if she's forced back to the westerlands casterly rock is also broke

I really hope they follow through on Cersei's horrible backfiring life-destroying schemes. Otherwise if they say she's super powerful and everyone supports her reign, they're assuming the viewers are idiots who haven't learned anything about the nature of power from the previous seasons.

davecrazy posted:

Flying under the radar is how littlefinger finally came out and said what his end game is. A bit prosperous that a petty lord, son of an upjumped sell sword whos lordship is over patch of rock barely fit to graze sheep and a one room keep thinks he can become king of the entire loving continent, but there we are.

Littlefinger's entire goal is to get power, but him planning on being King Baelish is a bit much for me to swallow.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 27, 2016

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

davecrazy posted:

MrSlam posted:

Littlefinger's entire goal is to get power, but him planning on being King Baelish is a bit much for me to swallow.

This isn't a show secret. He told Varys this back in seasons 1 and 2.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

So John Snow is King in the North, but Sansa is still Lady of Winterfell, right?

John Snow is a King without a seat, unless he appoints himself lord of the Dreadfort.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

davecrazy posted:

So John Snow is King in the North, but Sansa is still Lady of Winterfell, right?

John Snow is a King without a seat, unless he appoints himself lord of the Dreadfort.

Olly's burned down village will be his seat of power. And he will sit upon The Potato Chair.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 27, 2016

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

davecrazy posted:

presumably the whole "we dont care if hes a bastard" speech means he has usurped Sansa as Lord of Winterfell. Bran too.

Also, I guess they just rolled Rickon into that wall of bodies and called it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So the behind the scenes stuff says that Sansa is jealous that Jon gets all the credit for saving winterfell. Well maybe if you didn't keep information about the vale knights from him or spent the last three seasons fighting and literally dying for your followers you might get some respect too.