Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
All I can say about that update is that the guard spawns were magical.

Just a bunch of guys standing in the same space being eaten by rats as they slowly shift apart into fully separate bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Death Zebra posted:

I honestly thought they did. I tried a ghost run knocking out every guard and there were alerts anyway. I assumed they were waking up.

I'm fairly sure guards spawn during major mission objectives. The easiest way to get around alerts being raised from finding bodies this is to hide them, preferably in absurd and out of the way places. The first time I tried to do a Ghost/Clean Hands run in the main game I hid like 10 unconscious Overseers on the ledge outside the second storey of the Abbey. On light fixtures and on top of cabinets are two more excellent places.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

grack posted:

I'm fairly sure guards spawn during major mission objectives.

Yeah, you can see it on the Golden Cat mission where I stuff a dude into some shrubbery on the way to rescue Emily then on the way back newly spawned dudes there to make my run home a little less care-free have already found him and are trying to find who is responsible.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Guard spawning is a delicate process. Predators like rats await the larval guards, in order to strike when their prey is at its most vulnerable.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

TheLastRoboKy, about 21 and a half minutes in posted:

shiny teeth and me
Goddamn it. Thanks for reminding me of that song.

It's still good.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Lprsti99 posted:

That avatar is still the best thing I've done on the forums :allears:
You know what I think? A few things, actually.

I think I'm tired of looking at my chickenstratch in that avatar.

I think you can continue on to do even better things on the forums.

And finally, I think that we are in fact already prepared for Dishonored 2.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Fish Noise posted:

:five:

I would go higher but you'd need to add a fish into Daud's coat and possibly a head bruise.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Empress Jessamine's Dance Troupe.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Why don't they animate?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

grack posted:

I'm fairly sure guards spawn during major mission objectives. The easiest way to get around alerts being raised from finding bodies this is to hide them, preferably in absurd and out of the way places. The first time I tried to do a Ghost/Clean Hands run in the main game I hid like 10 unconscious Overseers on the ledge outside the second storey of the Abbey. On light fixtures and on top of cabinets are two more excellent places.
I just finished a Ghost/Clean Hands run and was delighted to find out that the game doesn't give a poo poo if bodies were found, neither for the checkmarks indicating Ghost and No Alerts nor for the Achievement itself. The only thing Bodies Found influences is Chaos rating, and of course if you're still around the attentiveness of the guards themselves.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Really? I was pretty sure the only thing that influenced Chaos level was a few side missions (poison the Hatter's still) and actual kills.

As long as people aren't actually dead, there shouldn't be a bump in chaos.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I'm not aware of that causing a rise in Chaos. I'll tweet Harvey Smith and ask though, he's been super active on Twitter recently for obvious reasons!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

I just finished a Ghost/Clean Hands run and was delighted to find out that the game doesn't give a poo poo if bodies were found, neither for the checkmarks indicating Ghost and No Alerts nor for the Achievement itself. The only thing Bodies Found influences is Chaos rating, and of course if you're still around the attentiveness of the guards themselves.

I don't think finding bodies directly affects Chaos, but if a guard finds bodies and activates an alarm, that will definitely raise Chaos a bit.

Also, if you liked Ghost/Clean Hands, try doing Ghost/Clean Hands/Mostly Flesh and Steel in a single run. It's a helluva lot of fun.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
So like Thief? Are the levels designed for that?

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
"Mostly Flesh and Steel"? What is that, no powers?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Cathulhu posted:

"Mostly Flesh and Steel"? What is that, no powers?

Nothing but tier 1 blink. Which admitedly is a pretty good advantage already.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The biggest thing that'll drive you insane about Mostly Flesh and Steel is not having Agility 1/double jump. Beyond that it's an interesting but not unfair challenge.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Also both expansions are $3.75 each on Steam. Now is a very good time to pick them up!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Coolguye posted:

The biggest thing that'll drive you insane about Mostly Flesh and Steel is not having Agility 1/double jump. Beyond that it's an interesting but not unfair challenge.

It also gives you motivation to figure out how to best gently caress around with game mechanics. Ex. In Daud's base he literally never looks under the table directly behind him so you can just crouch under there and listen to the "greatest assassin of the age" monologue about the Lord Regent.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

George posted:

Why don't they animate?
I thought I'd leave the specifics of any potential avatarization to Lprsti99's discretion.

But if you must have animation, there's really only one man for the job.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Fish Noise posted:

I thought I'd leave the specifics of any potential avatarization to Lprsti99's discretion.

That is terrifying and amazing and I have to force myself not to watch it endlessly.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

grack posted:

I don't think finding bodies directly affects Chaos, but if a guard finds bodies and activates an alarm, that will definitely raise Chaos a bit.

Also, if you liked Ghost/Clean Hands, try doing Ghost/Clean Hands/Mostly Flesh and Steel in a single run. It's a helluva lot of fun.
I might have misunderstood the first thing. My information was mostly from GameFAQs and reddit threads after googling if bodies found breaks Ghost/Clean Hands, the Chaos thing was incidental and possibly wrong info.

I might do MFaS next, but I got tired of avoiding confrontation. I will instead make use of all the conventional weapons instead...

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

The true lord of the dance.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

holy poo poo

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Fish Noise posted:

That sandwich dance is sultry.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Coolguye posted:

holy poo poo

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mod's please change the name to Dishonored: holy poo poo or Dishonored: Coolguye keeps Choking on Chokes

tia

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

:five:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Goldmine this poo poo :golfclap:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I saw RoboKy's new avatar in a Games thread and got curious.

The backstory behind it is simply beautiful. :allears:

Orv
May 4, 2011
You are all beautiful people.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Fish Noise posted:

For some reason when I see those all I can think is "a pirate I was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the sea!"

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

A good choice, for what breaks the curse.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

It's only fair the man I threw in a bathtub soup haunts me forever.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Since you guys have beaten the final mission, I may as well post this here.

Enjoying the LP by the way. I love this game to bits and I'm glad to see you're doing it justice.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
So I'm doing a High Chaos Ghost run of Dishonored (MurderGhost as I like to call it), and boy it can get frustrating trying to figure out where I got spotted. The game doesn't seem to like pairing Ghost runs with High chaos very much.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

High Chaos Update

Eminent Domain (part 2):
Youtube Polsy

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I'm sad Billie Lurk doesn't post in this thread. :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i wasn't sad but i am now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
All female Assassin squad in Brotherhood and Revelations or bust.

I would regularly call them all at once (up to 6 Master Assassins) to run up on people and they would just shove each other around, knock each other in water, off rooftops, it is the best.

• Locked thread