Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Best Jotaro: Poll
□ Part 3
□ Part 4
□ Part 5
□ Part 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
my house now contains a copy of japanese eyes of heaven because my little brother imported it for some reason. which part 4 character is the most op so that i can properly clown him at least once for liking part 3 better than part 4 before actually just playing as new moon pucci the rest of the time

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Just beat him up irl

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've gotten to Bohemian Rhapsody in part 6 now, and what the gently caress Araki, this is the greatest :allears:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

no they will not posted:

□ Part 3
□ Part 4
□ Part 5
□ Part 6

All Jotaros are the best Jotaro

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

QuasiQuack posted:

I've gotten to Bohemian Rhapsody in part 6 now, and what the gently caress Araki, this is the greatest :allears:
Weather Report creates his own OP original character to win and that's very cool.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

no they will not posted:

□ Part 3
□ Part 4
□ Part 5
□ Part 6

Part 6

You all know why

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cos he dies protecting his daughteru

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Part 6

You all know why

:agreed:

i hope when i'm in my late forties i can pull off snakeskin as well as dadtaro

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Part 6

You all know why

because he's gone forever

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Green Intern posted:

Alt Universe Rohan already exists, and his creation has infinite reach and acclaim. I of course am referring to Jim Davis.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Dias posted:

because he's gone forever

Look who can't handle That Much Man

https://twitter.com/pamvary/status/746393399578681344

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

All Jotaros are the best Jotaro

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes even that one

Now Jouta on the other hand

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, going out on a limb here and saying Kira was the one calling in to the radio show.

Also, is the "Shizuka's mom never tries to find her" plot point made more or less dark by assuming that she was one of Kira's victims? Or that she was turned invisible by Achtung Baby and then hit by the bus?

Heck, that second one works pretty well at explaining why there's an invisible baby just randomly lying on the sidewalk in the middle of nowhere. Mom set the baby down for a moment, tried to flag down the bus, didn't realize she was invisible, got squished.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I always felt the idea is that Shizuka's mom got on a bus without her child on accident and Shizuka just kinda wandered around. The reason they never find her mother is because the mother isn't in Morioh anymore.

Also why would Kira call in about his own victims? Given the anxiety and under the radar nature of Kira, I just don't see why that's a more logical explanation than the fiance of the woman he killed being worried that he hasn't heard from her after he proposed.

e: also I have to keep reminding myself that our first look at Kira is after Rohan's Bizarre Adventure, not Let's Go Play At The Mangaka's House so we still got like a month until Kira goddamn it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The mother would know that she was in Morioh when she lost the baby though and ultimately they can't find her. Joseph would have realistically gotten both the Police and SPW foundation involved in finding her mother for obvious reasons and because there's a chance her mom is a Stand user too.

They don't find Shizuka at a bus-stop either, they find her in the middle of nowhere after Josuke manages to get the bus to stop. Shizuka was definitely abandoned (which plays into the meaning of Joseph abandoning Josuke).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Like Josuke and his father, the mother of Shizuka had no idea she even had a baby and so Shizuka just Mr. Magoo'd her way through life no one ever noticing her for six months, it's all very impressive actually.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There aren't enough poo poo moms in media as a whole so it's also good in that sense.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Plus the baby was naked when Joseph found her, so I doubt the mom was, like, taking care of her while out in a stroll or something, probably just straight up abandoned her.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Plus the baby was naked when Joseph found her, so I doubt the mom was, like, taking care of her while out in a stroll or something, probably just straight up abandoned her.

That's really dark. Can't we just believe she was murdered by a serial killer?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Achtung Baby would be a really bad Stand to have honestly. With my anxiety, the whole drat world would be invisible pretty frequently honestly.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'm glad you're honest about it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd actually be awesome because once you're old enough to control your emotions remotely properly, you could do anything you wanted. Good or evil.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I am absolutely in love with this season/series of Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable. It reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho mixed with the complete godly style of Jojo poses. The only thing I don't like is seeing Joseph become an old man. I realize his original run is in like the 30's but it's sad to see a great character begin to fade away. gently caress, I love this series so much, from the rock band stand names to the crazy powers this show just touches that kid in me that grew up watching DBZ and as previously said YYH. I tell everyone and anyone I know that asks something to watch this this show really needs to be insanely popular over here and it's a drat shame it isn't.

Also, whoever runs the series that comes up with what songs to use for the credits is a loving national treasure.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The ED music is always personally selected by Hirohiko Araki (the original author) himself.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Bad Seafood posted:

The ED music is always personally selected by Hirohiko Araki (the original author) himself.

God bless that ageless sex beast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Diabetic posted:

I am absolutely in love with this season/series of Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable. It reminds me of Yu Yu Hakusho mixed with the complete godly style of Jojo poses. The only thing I don't like is seeing Joseph become an old man. I realize his original run is in like the 30's but it's sad to see a great character begin to fade away. gently caress, I love this series so much, from the rock band stand names to the crazy powers this show just touches that kid in me that grew up watching DBZ and as previously said YYH. I tell everyone and anyone I know that asks something to watch this this show really needs to be insanely popular over here and it's a drat shame it isn't.

Also, whoever runs the series that comes up with what songs to use for the credits is a loving national treasure.

From how your post reads, feels like you've not read the manga so this thread's a minefield for you.

This is the anime thread if you missed it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769790&pagenumber=185#lastpost

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

From how your post reads, feels like you've not read the manga so this thread's a minefield for you.

This is the anime thread if you missed it
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769790&pagenumber=185#lastpost

I appreciate it, I just like reading other fans posts regardless of spoilers, I'm a father of two, so by the time I watch it I've already forgotten most of the spoilers. I read through Stardust Crusaders and the first few chapters of Diamond is Unbreakable before I had to start watching circuits for all major phone carriers, so my free time to read has been eaten up quite a bit, I just got to marathon Diamond up to the latest episode so I had to gush. :swoon:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'd actually be awesome because once you're old enough to control your emotions remotely properly, you could do anything you wanted. Good or evil.

Yeah, I'd like to imagine teenage Shizuka turned her own snacks invisible when going to the theater. Or gets sent along with Speedwagon Foundation people on a wagon transporting something and she just turns it invisible so there's less risks of theft. Or just turned herself invisible and pretend to be a ghost to spook Joseph.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 27, 2016

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
From what I have been able to glean from the Spanish translation of the latest Jojolion chapter because I am impatient, some hardcore poo poo is about to go down.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I'd like to imagine teenage Shizuka turned her own snacks invisible when going to the theater. Or gets sent along with Speedwagon Foundation people on a wagon transporting something and she just turns it invisible so there's less risks of theft. Or just turned herself invisible and pretend to be a ghost to spook Joseph.

The phantom blood picture is way better used for Battle tendency imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

From what I have been able to glean from the Spanish translation of the latest Jojolion chapter because I am impatient, some hardcore poo poo is about to go down.

Why impatient? The English version was out like 6 hours after it launched in Japan.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I think kewl had to tinker with it or flat out yank it back down temporarily for a second or two soon after first publish (there was a dupe page, that mighta been it) and as a consequence the way it listed jojolion in my subscription feed looked all wrong, like there was no recent update in English for the new chapter at all.

That's a long loving way for me to type "i can see how somebody might have missed the update at first"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I didn't even realize there was a new chapter today.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 28, 2016

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I thought this months came out last week?????????

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it did

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

19th of every month unless it falls on a Sunday or there's an hiatus.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Jousuke Higashikata has four balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Just had a weird thought about the most recently introduced character, Kaato Higashikata.

I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking she's got a good chance of being the Big Bad of JoJolion... So I thought, given how little we know about her Stand, what could it have to do with time? I'm not expecting Araki to adhere to that, but it's fun to think about.
What if whatever she puts in between her card deck lands in some kind of storage dimension where it's frozen in time? :tinfoil:

That could work. After all, she had a secret mobile phone stashed away during a multiple-year stay in prison - that might be how that thing still is charged. Not to mention it'd be a rather limited ability that could get downright insane once you think about the applications: perhaps only things as large as a card fit in; she could store all sorts of projectiles in mid-flight, effectively turning each card into a surprise gun. Or there's already lit dynamite in there. And what happens if only part of something goes in? Would a human lose a body part, since all blood flow stops in a time-frozen limb? Could Kaato store air in her deck, creating wind/low air pressure like the gravity dude from Stone Ocean? Hell, we don't even know if the whole deck has to stay together, maybe the Stand could be used as a multitude of small portals.
Fun option: always have unspoiled snacks from 1970 at hand.

Dunno, just an idea. It feels like a rather basic power with lots of creative uses, I'm curious to know more.

edit: y'know what, spoilering this just in case.