Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Westbrook has worn everything on the can't wear list lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They pretty much don't care right now.

So long as you wear poo poo that's not black errr thuggish, or urban you're fine.

Essentially as long as advertisers and Donald Sterling don't hate what a player is wearing you're fine.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/danieljrowell/status/746080805261287425

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/746093603370467330

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Dexo posted:

Also. It's been 10 years guys. Look how far we've come

This is only 10 years ago? LeBron looks so young. Why does LeBron look 42 now

It ain't just the hairline either

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
It was 13 years ago, and he's played more professional basketball than anyone alive during than span of time.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
No I'm pretty sure it's actually the steroid and HGH abuse

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ammanas posted:

No I'm pretty sure it's actually the steroid and HGH abuse

But enough about Jordan

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

2016 NBA Draft Fashion Power Rankings

1. Kris Dunn

GOAT. I didn't gently caress with the bowtie motif, but this is unquestionably fire. Perfectly fitted. Great color. Sick choice of shoes. This is a great look for the fashion world, much less the basketball one. Unfuckwittable.

2. Ben Simmons

All business. Smart look.

3. GUERSHON

out here looking like the graphic designer who thinks that he's slick wearing some fresh rear end poo poo to a business formal event. You're not getting away with it Guershon!!! Nice look.

4. Dejounte Murray

*screams at top of lungs*

THIS IS HOW YOU PULL OFF VELVEEEEEETTTTTT

5. Thon Maker

easily the best red suit of the night. it's just a normal red suit, with nice accents. why is this so hard?

6. Malik Beasley

I see you, I recognize you, and I respect your hustle. But the fit is off. Potential to be one of the better fits ever, execution leaves it as just above average.

7. Caris LeVert

I should hate this...but I just can't. it's heat. He looks like something they'd do to a Chevy Impala where I'm from.

8. Taurean Prince

Close to fire, but you did a little too much man. You don't want to look like a dude that overthought his suiting. Incorporate a little sprezzatura into your fit fam. Simple italian black suit, medium width tie with pin collar stays. would have been fantastic here.

9. Henry Ellenson

Nice suit. Fit's off.

10. Brice Johnson

Bland, but well executed suit from Brice Johnson. Very Brice Johnson.

11. Arvydas Sabonis

Aggressively average. Pins for flair are cool. Massive loving bow tie.

12. Ben Bentil

It doesn't look particularly good formally, but I like the fact that it speaks to his culture and shows what he's about. This is a really fun suit. Respect.

13. Papa John

looks like trevor bookers dad. And the suit doesn't fit. I ain't mad at it though

14. Jaylen Brown

excuse me, did you order the lasagna?

15. Buddy Hield

White tux, red bow-tie is a corny look. You aren't colonel sanders fam. Didn't fit particularly well. Bahamanian flag is a nice touch, but it didn't match the suit at all. Thought he'd go with something more fun.

16. Dragan Bender

suit doesn't fit and looks vaguely like something your racist SEC-school cousin would wear to a family wedding. Brick.

17 & 18. Malachi Richardson and Wade Baldwin IV

Looking at this photograph is the optical equivalent of saying "nah, I'm good on that".

19. Denzel Valentine

when you first look at this suit you're like "hey, that's not so bad", so that's positive points, but then you look at it a little more and you're like "is that clown wearing loving inverted color graphing paper? why are the shawl lapels so thin? why is the neck aperture so wide? why does the effect of all this make the bow tie look like a clit? WHY YOU ROCKING A BRICK??!?!?!"

20. Skal Labissiere

Skal's been through enough.

21. Marquese Chriss

perfect brick suit for a bust. red on black never works.

gently caress this whole area of your body

22. Jakob Poltl

suit like your game. it's not an aggressively bad fit, but I'll give the other guys points for loving trying.

23. Juan Hernangomez

see above. add pointless bowtie.

24. Brandon Ingram

bbbbrick. dude looks like he's wearing these jeans

the choker tie is a kind of cool feature and I gently caress with the lapels. But going with a navy smoking jacket or dark purple here would have improved this look ten fold. He looks like a loving clown.

25. Jamal Murray

fam kill yourself

lou bega lookin' rear end

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I died at the Lou Bega ref

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That post rules.

But I would have put Bentil several spots higher.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

That post rules.

But I would have put Bentil several spots higher.
i wanted to, I just didn't particularly like the suit. the circularity of the sheath over a dress shirt just looks weird. Would have been cool if he wore a formal dashiki

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Good post brolic

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Metapod posted:

Good post brolic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Providence won the fashion contest last night. Dunn was clean as gently caress and Bentil was just loud enough to be endearing.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

straight up brolic posted:

Looking at this photograph is the optical equivalent of saying "nah, I'm good on that".

it's a training game of Spot The Undercover Cop

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

EvanTH posted:

it's a training game of Spot The Undercover Cop
WADE MAN! You were at my wedding!!!

xian
Jan 21, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
That was such an enjoyable post to read

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/russwest44/status/747469428342689792?s=09

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The layout editor was being a little cheeky with that cover, I think

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Russ is getting bored and decided to take a glamour shot

https://twitter.com/russwest44/status/748217017992261632?s=09

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Oral History of Tim Duncan as Told by Tim Duncan's Clothes

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Metapod posted:

Russ is getting bored and decided to take a glamour shot

https://twitter.com/russwest44/status/748217017992261632?s=09

those must be his church pants because they are so holy

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Do pro athletes shave their bodies??

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

E2M2 posted:

NBA players shave everything and get enormous poo poo from the other players if they don't. Arm pit and leg hair are rare in pro basket

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

E2M2 posted:

Keith Olbermann used to advocate for mandatory armpit shaving by NBA players and I have to say that he is not wrong.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Crazy Ted posted:

Keith Olbermann used to advocate for mandatory armpit shaving by NBA players and I have to say that he is not wrong.

one of the nastiest things that ever happened to me was some dude's armpit hair ending up in my mouth during a pickup game. that is a taste that doesn't go away overnight.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

E2M2 posted:

Don't you?

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Mark Cuban took Carlisle and Barnes to IHOP. They dressed accordingly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NeuroticErotica posted:

Mark Cuban has got to be "in love with the Coco".

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

NeuroticErotica posted:

Good God Rick

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
what's weird about the sweatpants is that (a) it was probably hot as heck in dallas on that day and (b) carlisle looks pretty trim and not nearly at the point where men give up and start wearing sweatpants

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I feel like Mark Cuban is obligated to act very excited they got Harrison Barnes. Like a kid acting over the moon that his parents got him a beat up PT Cruiser as a graduation present

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

what's weird about the sweatpants is that (a) it was probably hot as heck in dallas on that day and (b) carlisle looks pretty trim and not nearly at the point where men give up and start wearing sweatpants

seems to me that anyone involve with college or pro sports basically stops wearing anything other than sweatpants

nagel
Sep 19, 2005

We formed a wall once.

Pro click! Also, that Draft review was awesome!

The Kenosha Kid
Sep 15, 2007

You never did.
check out the Antetokounmpos' new look

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Don't wear that outside in Milwaukee dude. Especially across the bridge. He's gonna get the poo poo shot out of him.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Dexo posted:

Don't wear that outside in Milwaukee dude. Especially across the bridge. He's gonna get the poo poo shot out of him.

I'm pretty sure he's black anywhere he goes, that won't come off...

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

alansmithee posted:

I'm pretty sure he's black anywhere he goes, that won't come off...

True, but roll the normal black bonus modifier for getting shot by police. And then add another bonus die on top of that for wearing equipment that makes you look like a Black Panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

True, but roll the normal black bonus modifier for getting shot by police. And then add another bonus die on top of that for wearing equipment that makes you look like a Black Panther.

Then another if he goes to Whitefish Bay like John Henson.