Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The Greece win was loving awful and I won't accept any revisionist trying to pretend it was good or entertaining at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015
So many brexiters going to be hitting their womens tonight

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

lol

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I'm sorry but if you weren't cackling like a madman after Greece scored for the entire duration of the game then you possibly aren't a real sports fan.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Joe Hart came out to say some empty words to the media. Where's England Captain Wayne Rooney?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

606 is back taking calls, and the first guy is a bore trying to bring rugby union into this

Joe Hart being interview shortly :unsmigghh:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

quality.

but if you follow umbro on twitter you have problems

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Savage stuff. England is kitted out now by a gay-friendly company that's based in Eugene, Oregon, USA, one of the worst and softest sports cities in America.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Drunk Canuck posted:

Um Greece beating Portugal in Lisbon is the greatest Euro ever and will never be toppled.

if iceland won this it would mean beating france in paris along the way

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

I loving wish this was true, Nike only took over in 2013.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Drunk Canuck posted:

Um Greece beating Portugal in Lisbon is the greatest Euro ever and will never be toppled.

Denmark won the euros without even qualifying ok.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ah ah ha ha , glen huddle should never have been sacked

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

this is iceland's first major tournament and their path is through the hosts. it would absolutely top 2004 if they won it all

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

"bring back glenn hoddle"

"drop all of the players"

rocking and rolling irl

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Caller just now: "That was a gutless, witless, feckless performance, and I'm referring to Roy Hodgson's press conference."

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

WeAreTheRomans posted:

quality.

but if you follow umbro on twitter you have problems

He's not following them though

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

quote:

England goalkeeper Joe Hart: "As a group it is down to us. All the plans are put in place, we knew everything about Iceland but ultimately we didn't perform. Personally I didn't perform.

"It's not a question of wanting it, there's nothing we want more. They are just words though. We were in a good place but we haven't done it. We will get a lot of flak and we deserve it. We will learn from this and try and bring English football back to where it belongs.

"We have put it in a low place.

"We just couldn't find a way back into the game. The next manager has a tough job on his hands. We worked hard but with no success. That is how this team will be remembered."

Wow, a frank admission of how poo poo England is

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Smirr posted:

He's not following them though

I don't really understand twitter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope Roy donates his wages to save the whales.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RideTheSpiral posted:

Urg why aren't we discussing how bad Wayne Rooney is

Nothing we didn't already know.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/JoeHart/status/747533986143027200

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

KFBR392 posted:

Savage stuff. England is kitted out now by a gay-friendly company that's based in Eugene, Oregon, USA, one of the worst and softest sports cities in America.

Nike is based in Beaverton

Eugene just hosts its wholly owned subsidiary NCAAF team

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Troy Queef posted:

I too want Mike Bassett back as manager

Italy showed modern defenders don't know wtf with 442

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
What a great day of foot

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Does Match of the Day normally come straight out and spoil the result on the cold open? I don't recall it ever happening before.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Woodenlung posted:

Denmark won the euros without even qualifying ok.

Best part is Danes revel bask and celebrate in this fact with no regard to the genocide going on or the fact that we played a boring poo poo tournament and kept facing teams that apparently had collective seizures as soon as they faced the mighty chain-smoking lager swilling drama queen-infested shithead Danish team

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I've had to watch that bullshit final game so many times

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

Caller just now: "That was a gutless, witless, feckless performance, and I'm referring to Roy Hodgson's press conference."

Pardew for manager

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/747548518043230213

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

jre posted:

Pardew for manager

Pardew is the manager version of Adebayor though. His teams start out really well then just fade out after 6 months and he's poo poo again

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

LGD posted:

Nike is based in Beaverton

Eugene just hosts its wholly owned subsidiary NCAAF team

Irrelevant, both are terrible towns with above average rates of gay diseases

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

KomodoWagon posted:

Best part is Danes revel bask and celebrate in this fact with no regard to the genocide going on or the fact that we played a boring poo poo tournament and kept facing teams that apparently had collective seizures as soon as they faced the mighty chain-smoking lager swilling drama queen-infested shithead Danish team

Imagine if Wales won the Euros with Gareth Bale left at home and replaced by his shitter, gayer brother. That was Denmark 92.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

vyelkin posted:

but enough about greg haha

Tellin it like it is. About time.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Vardy did that step across trying to dive on the one break he got the twat. Good thing he got Ragnar'd.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
England should try playing football instead of whatever the gently caress it was they were doing today.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pik_d posted:

Pardew is the manager version of Adebayor though. His teams start out really well then just fade out after 6 months and he's poo poo again

that club football international football is different

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Some of the best players in the Premier League on show today"

Gabby's right, it's not fair to expect England to have won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

i had a great time with the 50-odd icelanders that showed up in the paris fan zone. great time, great game, great result

• Locked thread