Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Fuckin widescreen patch Tuesday whaaaat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Oooohhh poo poo motherfucker!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Fuckin widescreen patch Tuesday whaaaat

:neckbeard:

What's the highest setting it allows for though, 720p?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

So how's Awakened Anton, Somefool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwJmdmLO6oM

Confident enough to duo against raid tier difficulty. :lol: as if you need full epics for this.

Evil Fluffy posted:

:neckbeard:

What's the highest setting it allows for though, 720p?

It's 720p, but I'd say it's pretty bad. This mode actually zooms into the game, cutting off extra vision from top/bottom while giving very little for left/right. I want to say it's a disadvantage using this mode in certain dungeons. I had to go back to 4:3 after I noticed how much vision I lost in Anton.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

Confident enough to duo against raid tier difficulty. :lol: as if you need full epics for this.

Welp thanks in advance for the free poo poo neople

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Somefool posted:

Nice dog mount

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

It's 720p, but I'd say it's pretty bad. This mode actually zooms into the game, cutting off extra vision from top/bottom while giving very little for left/right. I want to say it's a disadvantage using this mode in certain dungeons. I had to go back to 4:3 after I noticed how much vision I lost in Anton.

That's depressing. :(

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Somefool posted:

So you're telling me all the actually did for this was Zoom the camera in an add a lovely filter and called it a day?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Umbreon posted:

So you're telling me all the actually did for this was Zoom the camera in an add a lovely filter and called it a day?

It wasn't actually that zoomed in when they first tested it. I guess they thought that having a bigger field of vision was too advantageous so they had to take something away. It's really crippling in rooms with a lot of vertical space.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Streaming a bit tonight, gotta come back with a vengeance. Gotta wreck some nerds. Gotta reclaim some cred (and rp).

https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria will go live in a bit, just waking myself up.

Edit: Live

Edit2: Ended a while ago, forgot to edit, thanks to those who watched! I hope some people stuck around for the matches with Jonno. One in particular that should be archived ended with me at 945 hp after just barely tanking part of a hit through SA, and getting into the air to close from the top of the screen with mountain press for a combo finisher. That's one that people need to watch if they didn't catch it live, because holy gently caress

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jun 25, 2016

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Hey somefool, how do you get Berserk Dragon Cries over in DNF? The one quest that gives them in DFO is gone, so now there's kind of an extremely finite supply.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NachtSieger posted:

Hey somefool, how do you get Berserk Dragon Cries over in DNF? The one quest that gives them in DFO is gone, so now there's kind of an extremely finite supply.

Korean economy being gently caress huge, etc.

They're actually really loving expensive now at 10k each due to supplies running low compared to it being like 2k each from god knows when. Most people don't even use it nowadays except maybe sellers who solo this stuff.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Notes for the update tomorrow:

quote:

[Maint] Scheduled maintenance Jun 28, 2016
Jun 27, 2016

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance, starting at 03:00(UTC) Jun 28, 20:00 (PDT) Jun 27. Maintenance is expected to last approximately twelve hours.

Maintenance notes

Act 05. Part 1 Guildpact

< Contents & Events >

- Major Update Notes

- Mission for Guild Event
- Come with Me Event
- Welcome to EPIC Summer Event
- Weekend Ontime Event
- Honey Time Event
- Daily Delivery Event

< Sales >

- Passionate Samba Package
- Item of the Month: Neo Premium Contract (Plus)
- Lost Treasure updated: Rare Clone Avatar Set

< Changes/fixes >

- Launcher design renewed
- Official logo design renewed
- Gold trade now unlocked
- Auction Hall level restrictions removed
- Gold trade now available via Mail/Individual Trade
- Initial server selecting menu dropped, now both servers available
- When cases of the same guild names exists under the Cain Server, the names of these guilds will be randomly set. Then, the guild masters of these guilds will receive a ‘Guild Name Change Authorization’ for them to rename the guild to a name of their choice.

*For the rest of the changes, please refer to the upcoming patch note page.

*DFO ExStream event & Instagram #HuntingGerri event winners will be given the “DFO Supporter” title during the maintenance.

Thank you for your cooperation.

- Dungeon Fighter Online Support Team –

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
At last, finally this stupid Demon Challenge secondary currency can stop. Although, unfortunately, I have a feeling gold selling will start to make a resurgence, but you can't win 'em all.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Yay it's Monday, last day of Honey Time, let's just go ahead and check the upcoming events.

quote:

- Honey Time Event

:shepicide:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Can't wait to see a selective chron box for 600 hours of honey time login! :v:

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
x1 Ice Tiger Capsule for every minute you're logged in. They come individually by mail, and to open them you need to confirm you want to open them.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Just got my chronicle box for 400 hours, mostly by leaving DFO on in the background a lot. Since I'm never gonna grind otherverse, I'm all for these events. Maybe my DT from the even can actally get 3 pieces of Light Naught.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Already scooped up a full new set of gold emblems for rare clones. I'm excited to be able to make my main not look retarded.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Black Balloon posted:

Already scooped up a full new set of gold emblems for rare clones. I'm excited to be able to make my main not look retarded.

That implies we won't ridicule your fashion choices anyways.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So am I, brother. So am I. Any bets on what the price will eventually settle down to?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Holy poo poo echeverria plats were ~7 mil a week ago, then they disappeared before I could snag one, and now there's only 2 and they're 40 mil each.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Obligatum VII posted:

Please do not mock guild hasubando Imp. He will destroy you.

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008

Nethertribes posted:

And crush your family. Basically he'll bury your everything.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

I mock Imp constantly. He need me.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LogicNinja posted:

Just got my chronicle box for 400 hours, mostly by leaving DFO on in the background a lot. Since I'm never gonna grind otherverse, I'm all for these events. Maybe my DT from the even can actally get 3 pieces of Light Naught.

Actually the go to chron sets for DT are C-K 3/6/9 for general use damage and Black Curtain 6/Shadow Magni 3 if you want to go pure support hth.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

fool_of_sound posted:

He needs you... to build Vit gear you lazy nerd.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

Nethertribes posted:

He needs you... to build Vit gear you lazy nerd.

Edit: Sader buffs just make things faster and more convenient. I solo'd anton normal. The only tricky part is APC usage on Medel.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Your tombstone(s) will read: Your Everything.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Obligatum VII posted:

That's fine as long as my real life fashion choices aren't ridiculed

Sick shades err day

Edit: Trying to find out more about this epic summer event thing, and I'm not finding much that's actually solid. Anyone know what the deal is with it?

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 28, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Well it's either a UNIQUE EXPERIENCE event that we wouldn't have any idea about, or it could be that "epic road" event I've heard about from DnF that has a chance at giving you a random epic weapon from level 60 to 80. They're also ungrindable from my understanding.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

If you mean Epic Road, its 5 runs per day and 10 runs on weekends per account. It's 3 rooms with 1 hell demon in each room. In the last room, you have a chance to get a level 60~80 epic weapon. All epics from this event cannot be grinded.

I would say the drop rate is similar to regular hell mode so prepare to not get anything for a couple of days if you're unlucky.

This event will either be the greatest thing ever or the worst poo poo ever depending on your luck. Also everyone can buy a level 70 epic weapon box.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Well, maybe I can grab an 80 bludgeon for pvp or something. Shoulda held on to the twig for that, but oh well.

Good time to pick something up for my alts, anyway.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Already got my best 80 epic on my GM, but I would love a Deep Rooted Cross or Garroter's Sickle, and wouldn't mind a Redemption Cross or Despair Clockwork; it's still somewhat better than my Priest's Judgement.

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

what is our guild icon going to be? I hope it will be kawaii as hell, to celebrate our friendship and love of anime.

Nighthand posted:

Holy poo poo echeverria plats were ~7 mil a week ago, then they disappeared before I could snag one, and now there's only 2 and they're 40 mil each.

the people who power farmed bad event dungeon are going to make disgusting bank :witch:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
No epic road, new obfuscated and oversized launcher without any info on the poo poo it'd downloading and ridiculously huge download don't make for a promising start.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Haha, the epic summer event is just the calendar check-in event. Nice naming nipple. :suicide:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
This launcher is way too big on my laptop. However, on my desktop it looks fine. I don't even know why I still have DFO on my laptop anyway considering I cannot get it to run, but I guess hope springs eternal.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Somefool posted:

Haha, the epic summer event is just the calendar check-in event. Nice naming nipple. :suicide:

Yeah but it has an Epic Transfer Stone at the end! :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Hey somefool, can you explain the "guild insignia" stuff, the update page is incredibly vague and unhelpful about what any of that means. I'm assuming it's another way to get more passive stats?