Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Grater posted:

I still never liked it nearly as much as the original but I agree, this season has been pretty solid. Hopefully another network picks it up, I never thought History was the right channel for the program.

Yeah. Maybe The Science Channel, Esquire or maybe even Discovery could pick it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Discovery is the most obvious choice since this show belongs on Velocity.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Velocity needs a car show that isn't fixing old cars, as much fun as that is. TGUS would be an awesome feather in their cap, I'd think.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
The only problem with Velocity would be the potential for creative control being compromised due to network pressure from sponsors/advertisers being mainly car companies

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A&E/History has commercials too.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

scuz posted:

Velocity needs a car show that isn't fixing old cars, as much fun as that is. TGUS would be an awesome feather in their cap, I'd think.

Screw that, Amazon should buy it. Alternate between seasons of The Grand Tour and Top Gear USA. Netflix put in a bid for May/Clarkson/Hammond right? Top Gear USA consolation prize?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Chris Harris Drives launches on topgear.com this week

http://www.topgear.com/videos/chris-harris-coming-topgearcom

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I never thought I'd see a Rolls Royce as ugly or generic, but that Dawn (sp?) was not interesting at all. I appreciate the effort, but I dug the older one much more. I wish the dudes were reversed though because that makes me feel sad.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
Why do they keep thinking this a car show?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's supposed to be about giant birds that pee on their legs, if memory serves.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Rolls are always ugly. While it looked flashy and neato, it looks like a design that will be come super dated. It has a bunch of old and new concepts mashed together that just look wrong.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Cojawfee posted:

Rolls are always ugly. While it looked flashy and neato, it looks like a design that will be come super dated. It has a bunch of old and new concepts mashed together that just look wrong.

Rolls are only about letting the plebs know you got "gently caress you" kind of money.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, bummer about TG:USA :smith:

I think Harris is better at doing the test laps than any of the old crew.

The old Jag test driver was a bad rear end, and Rory recreating his drive to Geneva was vintage Top Gear.

Reid and Harris really should just be trusted with hosting the show in its more classic format.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That Extra Gear was great. I loved the segment with the Jaguar test driver, it deserved to be on the main show. Reid and Harris are killing it.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Rolls are only about letting the plebs know you got "gently caress you" kind of money.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

http://i.imgur.com/Q03rUXd.mp4

A face made for radio.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Would be perfect if those were labeled "compact".

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Is it too much to hope that LeBlanc tells the BBC to piss off when they won't sack Evans, he replaces Adam Ferrara on TGUS when/if another channel picks them up?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I can't unsee him picking his ear

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
That's why he won't help out the ones new to studio recording, he has no idea about it himself.

eunos
Nov 27, 2003
Ugh, that gif to me shows that Nu Top Gear's failings aren't ALL about Chris Evans, there is incompetence up and down the food chain. It's not live TV for god's sake, why on earth wouldn't they cut and reshoot that bit? Is everyone asleep at the wheel??

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you had to work with him you'd leave that in too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A new logo.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

A new logo.

It seems very 80s to me. I don't like it (yet).

Fred Breakfast
Aug 12, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

A new logo.

This logo makes me want to drive all the cars

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Cojawfee posted:

A new logo.

There, I fixed it :buddy:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

pik_d posted:

It seems very 80s to me. I like it.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
When will they learn that ginger never works with Top Gear?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

spog posted:

When will they learn that ginger never works with Top Gear?

I think it's a throw back to the"orange" interior lighting of all the 80's cars. Fits the era of the style and font.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

i realise this is taken completely out of context and it is the sum total of my experience with the new top gear, but gently caress.

the audience all look bored shitless, joey seems to be doing the most canned 'look interested' hand movements possible, and that ginge picking away at his ears and grinning awkwardly

yeah it's pretty safe to say i'm never going to bother watching it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

George Smiley wants his glasses back, you sneering oval office.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Evans is channelling Rik from the Young Ones. Pity there's no Vyvyan to hit him with a cricket bat

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Two Finger posted:

the audience all look bored shitless, joey seems to be doing the most canned 'look interested' hand movements possible, and that ginge picking away at his ears and grinning awkwardly

According to the newspapers, that's likely to have been the best take from 7 attempts to do it right.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cojawfee posted:

A new logo.

I preferred the name being written on the silver duct tape.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

George Smiley wants his glasses back, you sneering oval office.

you take that back

gary oldman at least made them look good

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, I hope this isn't the last we see of Adam, Rut, and Tanner loving around in cars. :smith:

wombat74
Sep 30, 2005

Corporate Fat Cat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Evans is channelling Rik from the Young Ones. Pity there's no Vyvyan to hit him with a cricket bat

if Vyv DID come charging in with a cricket bat and lay into Evans I would watch the poo poo out of that

In fact if NuGear was just a punk beating Chris Evans with various sporting equipment I would tune in every week

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

wombat74 posted:

In fact if NuGear was just a punk beating Chris Evans with various sporting equipment I would tune in every week

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

A new logo.

Louvered text, louvered windows, louvered tail lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Evans talking about how he's so cool for driving an old rolls instead of a new one reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPS02EFgdfE

It's like he saw that, took it seriously, and it's the whole reason he has a bunch of classic cars.