Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ImpAtom posted:

My first weapons after I changed to Conqueror had Ziodyne. Conqueror is more damage output and Lord more Sessions/Support I think?

Coolio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Anyone know anything about the quest the dude in the Arena gives you to find 10 mirages to come hang out with him? I found the one in Harajuku who finally lets you start trading Detritus but I'm wondering if I need to go scour all the idolaspheres to find more.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Motto posted:

You have "analysis" in the main menu, and info on previously beaten enemies on the gamepad during battle.

Unless I'm missing it neither of those work for the first encounter with an enemy or boss though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
http://nintendoeverything.com/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-co-director-shares-a-message-for-the-games-western-launch/

Yes, they are quite cute!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/meme_look/status/744820901321945088

He's getting harassed by the "Censorship" crowd on twitter.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

if a couple replies counts as harassment now, just shut down the loving internet

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dehry posted:

https://twitter.com/meme_look/status/744820901321945088

He's getting harassed by the "Censorship" crowd on twitter.

That was the most obvious thing in the world. Amazon's already been bombed in the 1st star review percentages.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yashiro Owns.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whaa there are classes?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

whaa there are classes?

Yep, check your cast member pages.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

wait do accessories count as armor too? it seems that way looking closer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

wait do accessories count as armor too? it seems that way looking closer

Yes, basically they rolled them into one now. Every accessory also has associated armor.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

explains why draug was rolling over me, lol, time to actually buy some modern armor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
That first savage encounter ain't loving around huh

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
So I'm in chapter 3 and accepted elli's side quest. Got as far as hee ho mart. She told me to meet her at shiboya station but I'm not seeing her.

Do I have to finish the chapter to make her show up?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Savage encounters just don't gently caress around in general.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

MrAristocrates posted:

There's a place with three next to each other near the end? middle? of that section, jump off the one in the middle.

e: also I beat the boss of Mamori's side story, Sukukaja + Sukunda is real good y'all

You have saved me. :hfive:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Do you ever get a skill that makes buffs and debuffs last more than three rounds? Sometimes by the time I've finished applying all the ones I want the ones I started with are running out. :v:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

3 turns with only 3 units is basically how they balanced them being party wide by default

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SylvainMustach posted:

So I'm in chapter 3 and accepted elli's side quest. Got as far as hee ho mart. She told me to meet her at shiboya station but I'm not seeing her.

I'm pretty sure she told you that she wanted to go get a drink. She's right in front of the Shibuya Cafe

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

SylvainMustach posted:

If it's the same spot I'm thinking where Tsubasa was for hers, come toward the camera and to the right.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

How do DEF/RES factor into damage as opposed to armor? I got an item that decreases both stats, but has higher armor than what I've got.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Motto posted:

How do DEF/RES factor into damage as opposed to armor? I got an item that decreases both stats, but has higher armor than what I've got.

My guess the armor rating is a base value and DEF and RES further increases defense by their attack type (DEF for physical and RES for magic).

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Thanks guys

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Where do I get more revival beads?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Regy Rusty posted:

Anyone know anything about the quest the dude in the Arena gives you to find 10 mirages to come hang out with him? I found the one in Harajuku who finally lets you start trading Detritus but I'm wondering if I need to go scour all the idolaspheres to find more.

So far I've only found Detritus guy and one Mirage per dungeon, including the Prologue one. It seems each of them will let you do the negotiation minigame with them to get random Performa from their dungeon. You get better odds and rates at the negotiation if you increase your arena rank. Basically it's a game-long quest, don't sweat it too hard.

I've been doing the beginner arena a lot to level up my poo poo low level weapons for those sweet sweet 5th skills, turns out each rank has a hidden extra reward once you hit 99 points.

Len posted:

Just buy some Fresh Curry from the Hee Ho Mart, same effect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Len posted:

Buy curries at the hee ho mart, they do the same thing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Len posted:

There is an identical item called Fresh Spicy Curry sold at the Heeho Mart.

Basically a thing to keep in mind is: For flavor reasons there are magical SMT items and real-world items and they have the exact same role, it just is an explanation for why you can buy revival beads from the local store.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Can you buy chakra drops anywhere at some point

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just leave when you run out of EP and go heal with soda at the office, you generally can't buy items to restore mana in SMT games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have literally never come close to running out of EP so far

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think I used a Chakra drop in an earlier boss fight once

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Regy Rusty posted:

You either already have or are very close to unlocking Harajuku. Once you do, go check out the store there. ;)

Finally unlocked Harajuku earlier. Touma is now a Sentai Villain, Tsubasa has an awesome outfit that's better than just a lame bikini, and Kiria is J-Pop Idol Jotaro Kujo now.

Life is good. :)

Also, Gangrel was a chump. Despite being weak to swords, Kiria completely wrecked his poo poo with her SP skill.

Edit: Bleh. Just noticed I left a few words out of a line there.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jul 3, 2016

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The only time I seem to come close to running out of EP is doing all encores in the arena.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Regy Rusty posted:

I have literally never come close to running out of EP so far

Same here, to the point where I'm starting to wonder why it even exists as a mechanic if I can't run out even using it every turn. I guess it's to keep you jumping out of the Idolasphere so you remember to use Unity??

That or it's just a legacy mechanic.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's basically a legacy mechanic. Reminds me of SMTIV where you could get an app that would basically make mp a non issue early on

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
I wish the bestiary gave you info on drops that aren't materials. I've been searching for a chakra leaf for a sidequest without any clue where to look. I probably should just shelve it and hope that I run into one later.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A Sinister Rap posted:

I wish the bestiary gave you info on drops that aren't materials. I've been searching for a chakra leaf for a sidequest without any clue where to look. I probably should just shelve it and hope that I run into one later.

The enemies in the next dungeon seem to drop them more frequently so just shelve it until then

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So where do i get the magazine for this little girl? she says somewhere in Shibuya but none of the shops actually carry anything like that unless i'm just missing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So where do i get the magazine for this little girl? she says somewhere in Shibuya but none of the shops actually carry anything like that unless i'm just missing it?

It's on a newsstand near Central City street iirc

• Locked thread