Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Awkward Davies posted:

Boy you guys sure have some real hot takes on lovely Bill Cunningham was. V edgy, good job.

Can't be letting our actual opinions about things run amok in the positive-spin zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Untitled by Jason Martin, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

4th and 9th? That and Smith + 9th have such beautiful light later in the day.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Awkward Davies posted:

4th and 9th? That and Smith + 9th have such beautiful light later in the day.

Yup!

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Awkward Davies posted:

Boy you guys sure have some real hot takes on lovely Bill Cunningham was. V edgy, good job.

I'm not a huge fan of the man's individual works but anyone not impressed with his body of work as a whole is seriously underrating him. Someone spending 50 years documenting anything deserves our respect for being metal as gently caress.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
street-1 by Esa Foto, on Flickr

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

IMG_5813-3 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_5816-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

IMG_5823-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

Cool hats by Zrave, on Flickr

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Untitled by David Shen, on Flickr

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.
Bad news street thread, someone saw your pics and couldn't take it anymore. Street Photographers are Posting Too Many Terrible Photos Online

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

aricoarena posted:

Bad news street thread, someone saw your pics and couldn't take it anymore. Street Photographers are Posting Too Many Terrible Photos Online

Sound Monkey, did you write this?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

aricoarena posted:

3/4 photos are back-of-head, mods?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The comments on that article are so bad it makes the dorkroom look like loving Gone With the Wind.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like the dig that it's not obvious whether the writer is showing off good or bad examples of the art though.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

IMG_5825 by difficult listening, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

aricoarena posted:

That should go in PAD too.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like the dig that it's not obvious whether the writer is showing off good or bad examples of the art though.

Yeah I thought he was quoting examples of poo poo photos and then I read the comments and realized they were his and I laughed.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Venezia by alkanphel, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Street photos with a Kiev-10.

Flower market by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Outdoor piano by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Tech Conference by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Umbrella Arcade by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Helen Highwater posted:

Street photos with a Kiev-10.

The biker pics in your flickr stream are awesome dude. Do you ride? I'm going to a big motorcycle convention this weekend and taking the FA. Hoping to get some good shots, but I will most likely fail.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Choicecut posted:

The biker pics in your flickr stream are awesome dude. Do you ride? I'm going to a big motorcycle convention this weekend and taking the FA. Hoping to get some good shots, but I will most likely fail.

I don't any more. I used to (had a sweet as gently caress V-Max that scared the gently caress out of me the first time I opened it up) but not any more. I was just sitting at a cafe with a camera in my hands when the procession rolled through. Took about twenty minutes for the whole column. I found that the bikers were pretty cool with having their photos taken, but I wasn't really able to talk to them very well because I don't speak Slovakian. I had a few semi-coherent conversations in a broken mix of Russian and German but they were interested in the old camera and that opened up a lot of communication.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Helen Highwater posted:

I don't any more. I used to (had a sweet as gently caress V-Max that scared the gently caress out of me the first time I opened it up) but not any more. I was just sitting at a cafe with a camera in my hands when the procession rolled through. Took about twenty minutes for the whole column. I found that the bikers were pretty cool with having their photos taken, but I wasn't really able to talk to them very well because I don't speak Slovakian. I had a few semi-coherent conversations in a broken mix of Russian and German but they were interested in the old camera and that opened up a lot of communication.

I rode a V-max a few years ago. They have insane power. I believe it was the fastest production bike a while back. Pretty wicked looking too. My current stable contains a BMW GS, Buell X1 and some Montesa Trials bikes that collect dust since I don't compete anymore. I test rode a multistrada today and I think I am going to add one of the enduro models to the stable. My BMW is getting tired with 110k miles on the clock. I've been all over north america on it though!

This was on a parking lot, next to a street, so I guess it could go here or the landscape thread, or I should just burn my photography gear and kill myself. Probably the latter.

Ducati Multistrada Enduro by Eli J, on Flickr

Jimlad
Jan 8, 2005
This one has a dude in it AND a street so it's definitely street.

Jimlad fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 9, 2016

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Jimlad posted:

Isettas are so cool. Nice pic.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Jimlad posted:

Man, this is good.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Oops wrong thread, anyway here's the street pic I meant to post

GREY2469
by Jimbo, on Flickr

8th-snype fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jul 9, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies

Bristol; July 2016 by dunos, on Flickr

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
DSC_2101 by Ryan Chan, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

3 Wheelin' by Eli J, on Flickr

Wall of Death by Eli J, on Flickr

Early 1900's Cyclin' by Eli J, on Flickr

Business of Ferrets
Mar 2, 2008

Good to see that everything is back to normal.

Working Lunch by Business Ferrets, on Flickr

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Business of Ferrets
Mar 2, 2008

Good to see that everything is back to normal.

Really like this one.

ahleeshaa
Jan 24, 2007
"dicks"

Untitled by Alysia Spencer, on Flickr

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

It's too bad about that super distracting ENG camera on the left edge of the frame.

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Too bad those people got in the way of your photo of the "end police brutality" sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

deaders posted:

Too bad those people got in the way of your photo of the "end police brutality" sign.

In her defense, we do really need to end that it's getting a bit much over here.