Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

spot Rico in that pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
3 on 3 fireball war.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

my favorite quote of the night is

"one of you girls wanna dial nine and one and just hold it there?"

lmao oh my.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Did Smoke become Ghost Rider in the last couple years? The man has one helluva death wish all of a sudden.

Not that I'm complaining; makes great viewing :getin:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Leica, Mearn, etc: Another thing I've just noticed about Daytona Rising- there are only two bathrooms for 34 sections of grandstand in the Pit Out/Turn 1 areas of the 400 level. It appears a little better in the 300s (four bathrooms), but they paid how much for that design flaw? I could understand if it were the old Petty/Earnhardt sections which had two bathrooms for 16 sections in those wings, but you can't use the same excuse when you've paid $100M and have more than double the sections in your "prime" seats.

All the bathrooms one could dream of in the splash zone, though. :iiam:

https://www.daytonainternationalspeedway.com/Visitor-Center/Maps.aspx

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What would you guys consider the best all around track to spend a weekend with NASCAR at? Strongly considering going to at least one race weekend next year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey guys. Know what time it is?

We're Bringing Back The Sunshine:

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/747459624521990144

Norns posted:

What would you guys consider the best all around track to spend a weekend with NASCAR at? Strongly considering going to at least one race weekend next year.

Daytona. Beach vacation meets NASCAR. You can also tie in the amusement parks/attractions in Orlando (or Kennedy Space Center) if that's your thing, as they're an hour away.

If you're coming in from the UK (UK goon, right?), you can get reasonable airfare into Orlando/Sanford International Airport, rent a car, and drive the 30 minutes or so to Daytona.

e- Just to be more informative in comparison to the other places I've been for Cup races:
-Bristol- Bristol is a small country town (which reminds me of my hometown) which happens to have a huge racetrack. Thunder Valley is fun, but there's not much else to do while you're waiting for races.
-Charlotte- Major city, has the advantage of having the race shops, HoF, and other museums in the area. It's got other attractions, too (Cannon Mills, the Carolinas Aviation Museum w/the Miracle on the Hudson plane, Carowinds). I like the Charlotte area, I just would prefer Daytona given the choice.
-Indianapolis- Another major US city with not a whole lot to do other than the IMS Museum.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 28, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw, I live in Idaho currently.

Daytona looks good, I really enjoy the superspeedways iRacing at least!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Norns posted:

Naw, I live in Idaho currently.

Daytona looks good, I really enjoy the superspeedways iRacing at least!

I don't know why the hell I thought you were from England. :lol:

I went back and posted info about Bristol, Charlotte, and Indianapolis, the other places I've been to for Cup races. Daytona has the advantage of plate racing, which is wildly entertaining. My favorite racing experience overall is actually Eldora, but you probably don't want to go to farm country of extreme Western Ohio on a Wednesday night.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

As long as the racing, food, and beer are good I'll probably go anywhere.

I didn't get into any kind of motorsport till I started watching F1 and bought all my sim racing garbage in 2014.

I'm trying to make up for that.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
go watch sprint cars at a dirt track instead

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Speaking of which, since you're in Idaho, Meridian has a couple dozen sprints coming July 21st

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You know. I think I'll do that.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Norns posted:

You know. I think I'll do that.

I'll be at the Meridian Speedway for the Whelen Modified race.

I can't believe there's another Idaho SASCAR goon.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Elitist Bitch posted:

I'll be at the Meridian Speedway for the Whelen Modified race.

I can't believe there's another Idaho SASCAR goon.

Yep, been back in Boise for almost five years now I think. Pretty sure I'm the only person in idaho without a car or truck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

go watch sprint cars at a dirt track instead

Go watch anything at a dirt track. It's all good.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

iwentdoodie posted:

Go watch anything at a dirt track. It's all good.

fair point, but there's nothing on dirt that'll blow your mind quite like a 410

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Fun fact if you're ever buying one ticket at Daytona: you can't leave a single seat in any row and the ticket reps can't override it, so even if it's a great seat but there are only two together in that row, you're screwed. The only chance they may be able to do something is race day, when the computer systems and/or ISC go into desperation, "sell every seat you can" mode.

I get why they do it, but :fuckoff: anyway.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
:ohdear:

https://twitter.com/Matt_Tifft/status/747913459380084736

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ouch. That's really rough :(

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hey SRA, someone really went above and beyond editing that fight up

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/747912924572717057

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

fair point, but there's nothing on dirt that'll blow your mind quite like a 410

Truth. I'm going to watch a bunch this weekend. Then again I go at least three weekends a month to watch cars go in circles on clay.

But, dirt tracks also give you this amazing poo poo: https://youtu.be/xjbRFweRMyk

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I prefer this stuff

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This Radioactive from this point forward is fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUq3lH6OJ7w&t=245s

VikingSkull posted:

:vince:

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

:captainpop:

Trust fund babies and old ladies. drat.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my lord lmao

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is the truck fight punishment out yet?

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Elephanthead posted:

Is the truck fight punishment out yet?

$15k fine for Townley, $12,500 for SRA, both on probation for the rest of the year

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SwampYankee posted:

$15k fine for Townley, $12,500 for SRA, both on probation for the rest of the year

they got that 'it was funny and the media loved it' discount

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Did we lose SRA forever?

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Did we lose SRA forever?

I assume so.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Banned from NASCAR and dead forever. Sad!

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Great. Now I'll never get a shirt and hat.

EDIT: But if he needs help paying the fine, might not be a bad idea.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I saw his SomethingAwful account for sale on eBay for $12.50.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

L_Harrison posted:

I saw his SomethingAwful account for sale on eBay for $12.50.

Someone buy it and use it as an excuse to print some loving t shirts already.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
He was just fighting for our right to buy merch

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The Fanatics Tent City o' Souvenirs is opening at least two hours late due to late arriving trucks from California.

Good start to the weekend.

E- Of the 8 tents on the Hendrick Motorsports side of the tents, four of them are Dale jr. Related.

In terms of aesthetics, this lacks the charm of having all the haulers to walk up to, but it is nice to be able to handle stuff without having to have it tossed out from 10 feet above you. I'm impressed, though. You can buy at least something for drat near every driver in Cup and a handful in Xfinity and Trucks too.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 30, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Looks like SRA is getting ready to run Xfinity at daytona.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey look, here's a thing I did because I'm a NASCAR TV nerd:

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/748563680736993280

Sprint Cup/Xfinity (companion weekends)
Booth- Rick Allen, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte
Pits- Dave Burns, Mike Massaro, Marty Snider, Kelli Stavast/Parker Kligerman (while Stavast is working the Olympics)
Hosts- Krista Voda, Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty

NBC/NBCSN are back for its second season. The race at Watkins Glen will be on USA. Rick Allen is not the greatest, but we'll give him another shot.

Sprint Cup Misc.
Southern 500 cameo- Ken Squier, Ned Jarrett, Dale Jarrett?
HotPass (NBCSN Homestead companion broadcast)- Leigh Diffey, Dale Jarrett

NBC added some fun stuff during their portion of the season last year, both features being unconfirmed but likely for 2016. As part of the retro theme of the Southern 500, Ken Squier was given the mic along with Ned and Dale Jarrett for about 100 laps and gently caress, it was awesome. Squier choked up and it got dusty in my room. I hope they bring him back but, if not, Bob Jenkins has done stuff with NBC in the past.

If you missed it, give it a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsLEyLJ1vSU&t=3159s

HotPass was a separate telecast on NBCSN for the Championship Round at Homestead last season focusing on the last four drivers in the Chase, complete with its own on-air crew, Leigh Diffey handling lap-by-lap and Dale Jarrett the analyst.

Xfinity Non-Companion Races
Booth- Dave Burns/Leigh Diffey/Ralph Sheheen, Dale Jarrett
Pits- Dave Burns/Ralph Sheheen, Jim Noble

K&N East/West:
Booth- Rick Allen/Dave Burns, Jeff Burton, Steve Letarte OR Ralph Sheheen, Frank Stoddard, Parker Kligerman
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio (East), Heather DeBeaux (West)

Whelen Modifieds:
Booth- Ralph Sheheen, Ray Evernham/Tommy Baldwin, Jr.
Pits- Derek Pernesiglio

One nice thing about NBC is their ever-growing racin' portfolio, which includes tape-delayed K&N and Modified races, aired usually during the week following the date they actually ran. Check listings.

The FOX Truck and ARCA stuff and the American Sports Network ARCA info from the OP remains the same for the second half.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Hey guys, FYI, bingo is open till Saturday at noon Eastern.

Thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765153&perpage=40

• Locked thread