Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

W.T. Fits posted:

:unsmith:

What was Ratchet about to ask him there at the end?
"Why should today be any different?"

And then Megatron decides to go hang out in the badass panel thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

The Question IRL posted:

They are. But at the same time that doesn't justify going "all Irish people are bloody terrorists/ sympathisers. In fact they are incapable of managing themselves and they'd be better off with us back in charge."

And as the Peace Process has shown, there were a lot of people who were in the IRA who regret what they've done and turned their backs upon it.

Also much like American bombing campaigns have done wonders for ISIS/ISIL recruiting, poo poo like the Bloody Sunday massacre did a lot to radicalize Irish youth.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Skwirl posted:

Also much like American bombing campaigns have done wonders for ISIS/ISIL recruiting, poo poo like the Bloody Sunday massacre did a lot to radicalize Irish youth.

Yup.

I guess the point is if you break down/portray the "enemy" as ruthless evil monsters, you do less than combat them than if you figure out a way to empathize with them and treat them like people.

This is true even in punch-people comics where we have to punch Ultron in the face.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Morrison is definitely the person who ruined Beast.

A naked, blue man plays God with a comic universe and a writer who worked for the company years ago gets the blame. Sounds about right.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

A naked, blue man plays God with a comic universe and a writer who worked for the company years ago gets the blame. Sounds about right.

:golfclap:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought The Watcher showed up to tell Beast he sucked because he brought the young versions of the original xmen into the present day and completely, utterly, and irrevocably (cept for secret wars! :haw: ) hosed the timeline up.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I thought The Watcher showed up to tell Beast he sucked because he brought the young versions of the original xmen into the present day and completely, utterly, and irrevocably (cept for secret wars! :haw: ) hosed the timeline up.

I like to think that the Watcher shows up to tell Beast he sucks once a month on a general basis.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alhazred posted:

I like to think that the Watcher shows up to tell Beast he sucks once a month on a general basis.

I'd love a Watcher mini with him just getting insanely frustrated with ol dummy hank.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well enough about Literally-Hitler-Beast.

This got posted on imgur a couple of days ago, and it's everything I love about Spiderman :allears:

Amazing Spider-Man 662

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Infinitum posted:

This got posted on imgur a couple of days ago, and it's everything I love about Spiderman :allears:

Amazing Spider-Man 662

I read stuff like this and it makes me wonder why comics would ever choose to not be this. Don't get me wrong, we need the funny and badass panels too. I just wonder why there are comics that specifically try to snuff this part out. That was great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SonicRulez posted:

I read stuff like this and it makes me wonder why comics would ever choose to not be this. Don't get me wrong, we need the funny and badass panels too. I just wonder why there are comics that specifically try to snuff this part out.

[img-superboy-prime-rips-arm-off]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Infinitum posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 662

This made me feel really good. Thanks for posting this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 662

I really appreciate that this isn't random chance but something Peter actively set out to do.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Infinitum posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 662
:3: I love Spider-Man so loving much. This is just one of the reasons he's been my favorite hero for 28 years.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Infinitum posted:

I really like this. I hope that guy manages to get his life back on track. :unsmith:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I really appreciate that this isn't random chance but something Peter actively set out to do.

"Thank gently caress he finally decided to rob something. I've been pacing this block every morning with the same newspaper for a month now!"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

10 Beers posted:

:3: I love Spider-Man so loving much. This is just one of the reasons he's been my favorite hero for 28 years.

Yeah even when his books are written badly, it almost never affects him, the bad writing instead happens to the people around him

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

W.T. Fits posted:

I really like this. I hope that guy manages to get his life back on track. :unsmith:

I'm sorry to tell you, but Peter will never get his life on track. :smith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Then his boss gets possessed by his arch enemy and his workplace is levelled and some alien is trying to eat his brain.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
How does he dial with those giant gloves?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

General Ironicus posted:

How does he dial with those giant gloves?

Magnets

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Siri call my wife. Siri? Oh gently caress I emp'd another one. gently caress.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Travis343 posted:

Siri call my wife. Siri? Oh gently caress I emp'd another one. gently caress.

Bloody terrorist gloves.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Threep posted:

"Why should today be any different?"

And then Megatron decides to go hang out in the badass panel thread

Imagine my disappointment when this didn't turn out to be literally true when I checked.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

Wade Wilson posted:

Imagine my disappointment when this didn't turn out to be literally true when I checked.
Would have to post half the book, but here's a summary:

Threep fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 27, 2016

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Threep posted:

Would have to post half the book, but here's a summary:

I like Megatron's custom Angry Autobot badge.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's such bad odds.

They need more Decepticons to fight Megatron.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
is there a subscription thing like marvel unlimited that lets you read all these transformers comics because goddamn if the pages posted in various threads don't make me want to read them but I feel like there's probably enough for me to accidentally go quite broke burning through them on comixology or whatever

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Scribd used to let you read basically everything by IDW, but they changed to an Audible style plan, so I cancelled.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think the first trade or two is on Comixology "Unlimited" but that's about it. Just wait for a sale. They seem to go on sale pretty once or twice a year via Humble Bundle and/or Comixology.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I like that silhouette.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

10 Beers posted:

Same, that was a great issue for reminding me how much I love Spider-Man. I agree with the guy saying it was good as a thing he planned out rather than random chance, Spider-Man's at his best when he's the guy who actually cares. Every not super edgy dark hero has moments like that obviously but they almost always feel most organic coming from him, because he's just some dorky kid who's own life is on a constant roller-coaster of poo poo, of course he wants to reach out to people he can empathize with and all. Most of his baddies are tragic stories too, that's why he works so well with them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Am I the first person to mention that Dan Slott wrote that?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Die Laughing posted:

Am I the first person to mention that Dan Slott wrote that?

There's a reason everyone but BSS likes his Spider-Man run.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Kramjacks posted:

I like Megatron's custom Angry Autobot badge.

That's one of artist Alex Milne's signatures, customising the Autobot sigil depending on what's going on on panel. Take Ratchet's here which could also be an entry for this thread on its own:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Slott was fine till he did Superior Spider-Man then most of his talent went right down the drain so quickly that it wouldn't be hard to believe that he'd been replaced by a Skrull

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

drrockso20 posted:

Slott was fine till he did Superior Spider-Man then most of his talent went right down the drain so quickly that it wouldn't be hard to believe that he'd been replaced by a Skrull

So....he wrote a (subjectively) bad story? It's a good thing every writer doesn't do that at least once in their careers, or the medium would be choked with lovely stories.

VV:thejoke:

haitfais fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jun 28, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They do and it is.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Chaos Hippy posted:

BSS, or at least Rhyno, X-O, and I, like the current run. Slott's first solo run starting with Big Time, broke my continuous Amazing Spider-Man run that started with #252.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Chaos Hippy posted:

Wish fulfillment?