Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Someone is saying on youtube (lol) the cards that meld half of the melded creature is on the back with one half of the card and the other half is on the other?

Has that been confirmed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

80s James Hetfield posted:

Someone is saying on youtube (lol) the cards that meld half of the melded creature is on the back with one half of the card and the other half is on the other?

Has that been confirmed?

quote:

The answer to our problem was this: What if you could play with each card individually, but then when both are on the battlefield at the same time they transform? You could have a card made up of two cards, but that single card would only exist on the backs of the two other cards. Double-faced cards would be the missing piece to the puzzle.

no it must be a hosed up rumor

Zoness fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Jun 28, 2016

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GoutPatrol posted:

Return Decay to your hand, bash in with my 14/14 unblockable Knight

In conclusion I want this new card to work with Knightfall or Grixis Delver.

Recast it

if that's what you want play loving emerge unscathed or something

that said, I could see a world where it sees play in legacy combo decks as an echoing truth that can also kind of counter force of will(does anyone still play echoing truth)

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Haha

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

drat, the flavor of EDM is pretty good!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm losing control of my ability to hold back my laughter

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Cryptolith Command UUU
Instant
Escalate (2)
Choose one or more:
- Counter target spell.
- Draw a card.
- Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
- Tap all creatures your opponents control.

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 28, 2016

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

ungulateman posted:

Cryptolith Command UUU
Instant
Entwine (2)
Choose one or more:
- Counter target spell.
- Draw a card.
- Return target permanent to its owner's hand.
- Tap all creatures your opponents control.

This might be a playable blue card, thus won't be printed because it might be a playable blue card.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Now I have Eminem's Just Lose It in my head.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
At least use the actual mechanic from the set

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Hanweir Garrison seems like it would be pretty strong in a Red/White humans shell. It has good synergies with Always Watching and Thalia's Lt and a minor synergy with Giddeon. It seems like not too much of a deck building cost to include it's paired land as a 1 of either, and giving a dude haste could be relevant in that Shell.

It could even show up in a Red/White humans deck for Modern, sense it has really good synergy with Champion of the Parish as well.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mcmagic posted:

Slightly worse Remand?

It doesn't seem worse, it just has different strengths. It gets around uncountable cards that remand can't hit and affects creatures on the board. Is that better than remands card draw? Hard as hell to know for certain without playing it. The bigger question is does it take over mana leaks spot in decks like jeskai control?

I really like the card.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I like the argument that implementation of GIANT CARDS was the answer to a problem as opposed to the problem being how to implement GIANT CARDS just so they can say they put BFM in the game.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

GIANT CARDS own and I am glad they found a way to put some into the game.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

It doesn't seem worse, it just has different strengths. It gets around uncountable cards that remand can't hit and affects creatures on the board. Is that better than remands card draw? Hard as hell to know for certain without playing it. The bigger question is does it take over mana leaks spot in decks like jeskai control?

I really like the card.

I was debating the use of the card with a friend and he suggested it as a sideboard card in merfolk against decks with supreme verdict.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
haters of giant cards ought to vacate

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Just random thoughts about the spoilers so far. Blessed Alliance would have been amazing to have in place of celestial flare for UW control during RTR / Theros standard. I like the non-promo Thalia art a lot and I am looking forward to using that card. Also liking Hanweir Garrison and looking forward to seeing more cards with Emerge

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

How long will we have to wait this time to get an anime final fantasy art for Thalia v2? Final fantasy 7 remake's coming up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Irony Be My Shield posted:

GIANT CARDS own and I am glad they found a way to put some into the game.

I'll bet they look cool in real life and I'm sad that I'll almost certainly never get to see them in action.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

How long will we have to wait this time to get an anime final fantasy art for Thalia v2? Final fantasy 7 remake's coming up.

You can add pink hair and sheer on her long rear end cloak and you practically have Lightning.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Hanweir Garrison and especially Gisela both look cubeable and it's already giving me fits that their other halves aren't. Maybe you get the other half when you draft it? Feels wrong for cube, but it'd make Johnny/Timmy/newer players happy even if it might be a trap to include both halves more often than not. I just don't know!

e: Bruna and Gisela being horrors and being broken/fading but mono-white is disappointing. Mono-red and mono-blue angels would've been really cool and it makes sense to break the color pie for it like dragons and tarkir.

Pontius Pilate fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jun 28, 2016

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
So this is what Wizards thinks of fusion...

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Pontius Pilate posted:

Hanweir Garrison and especially Gisela both look cubeable and it's already giving me fits that their other halves aren't. Maybe you get the other half when you draft it? Feels wrong for cube, but it'd make Johnny/Timmy/newer players happy even if it might be a trap to include both halves more often than not. I just don't know!

Most cubes I've played with have all their cards sleeved, if you do that then they are probably fine for a cube. Draft one half hoping to hit the other without worrying about someone intentionally hate picking it. Both angels are playable on their own anyway and the Township cards would probably be ok in a red cube deck.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Most cubes I've played with have all their cards sleeved, if you do that then they are probably fine for a cube. Draft one half hoping to hit the other without worrying about someone intentionally hate picking it. Both angels are playable on their own anyway and the Township cards would probably be ok in a red cube deck.

The other halves just seem so much weaker that it's tough to justify a slot outside of larger cubes. Narrow two card combos where one half isn't worth a slot usually don't make it in tighter lists; dark depths and vampire hexmage pretty much win the game and you don't see those two in smaller cubes very often. Bruna isn't terrible for most cubes, especially with all the pushed angels and humans of late, but 7 mana white creatures have to compete with Elesh Norn and not much space for other 7 drops.

If I were to go with the pick the good half, get the other less good half plan everything would still be double sleeved. Not worried about card damage or anything like that.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Pontius Pilate posted:

The other halves just seem so much weaker that it's tough to justify a slot outside of larger cubes. Narrow two card combos where one half isn't worth a slot usually don't make it in tighter lists; dark depths and vampire hexmage pretty much win the game and you don't see those two in smaller cubes very often. Bruna isn't terrible for most cubes, especially with all the pushed angels and humans of late, but 7 mana white creatures have to compete with Elesh Norn and not much space for other 7 drops.

If I were to go with the pick the good half, get the other less good half plan everything would still be double sleeved. Not worried about card damage or anything like that.

Yeah it depends on the cube I suppose. Aren't most cubes somewhere around 600 cards? In a powered up cube it probably wouldn't cut it but in a cheaper cube it might be worth adding as a payoff.

I should build a cube.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Angry Grimace posted:

So Maro as Vince McMahon and Jace as Roman Reigns, pushed against the fans wishes, is the greatest tale.

My mind is now trying to reconcile Mark Rosewater doing the Vince McMahon Swagger Walk and it is failing to compute'mrakul.

Also who remembers the old Yu Yu Hakusho card game where you had to make a team of four fighters at the start of the game, but the last expansion came out with super versions of some fighters who were a team on their own but were built from 4 cards that were each 1/4 of the supercard.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I was debating the use of the card with a friend and he suggested it as a sideboard card in merfolk against decks with supreme verdict.

I could see it having a home. In Modern it's almost always a worse Remand, but being able to hit uncounterable spells could potentially be relevant. That's not nearly as big an issue in Standard, but with a dearth of unconditional 2-mana counterspells I could see Bad Remand being narrowly playable anyways.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
It's pretty much entirely down to whether Abrupt Decay, Supreme Verdict and Loxodon Smiter are relevant cards.

So no.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

You can add pink hair and sheer on her long rear end cloak and you practically have Lightning.

I'm waiting for the card Thalia, the Savior :kimchi:

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

Voyager I posted:

I could see it having a home. In Modern it's almost always a worse Remand, but being able to hit uncounterable spells could potentially be relevant. That's not nearly as big an issue in Standard, but with a dearth of unconditional 2-mana counterspells I could see Bad Remand being narrowly playable anyways.

Gonna test it in r/u flyers in standard. Also please give me a searing spear EDM

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Wonder if the new Merge cards are gonna require WHFB-style formation trays to move easily or something.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The hell is this doing on Innistrad

draw 2 cards whenever you cast an Eldrazi creature with cmc 7 or more.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wasn't expecting a stage 3 (this set)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rinkles posted:

We are yet to see his final form.

Seems pretty strong to me, could there be a deck to build around it? It seems if you flip it you should win quickly, and you can run counters and that Remand-lite spell.

On that note, might Abbey's stock go down with a playable instant around that sends Ormendahl to hand?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rinkles posted:

Hah, he makes Delvers. And turns them into Insectile Abberations when he flips.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Rinkles posted:

Hahahaha, love this card!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Rinkles posted:

The hell is this doing on Innistrad

draw 2 cards whenever you cast an Eldrazi creature with cmc 7 or more.
You can proc this by Emerging a Wretched Gryff for U right? Kindof hope that's a deck somehow (with more appropriate Emerge enablers).

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

New gimmick deck : 4 of each researcher plus counters and card draw.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
I am absolutely loving the fact that this guy just keeps going! This newest "last form" of his seems pretty drat strong, if a bit slow due to his 5 CMC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jabor posted:

Hah, he makes Delvers. And turns them into Insectile Abberations when he flips.

:vince:

Loving this. I know it's probably not great, but loving this.

• Locked thread