Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Yep, even the dead rose from their graves to vote. Pets too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

nexus6 posted:

Yep, even the dead rose from their graves to vote. Pets too.

Checks out.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Aren't chainsaws supposed to have a sort of dead-man handle that shuts them off if you let go while it's running? :stare:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pretty sure it is shut off, you can see it's not spitting out any more saw-dust. It's wiggling like that because of the tension on the blade.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

I thought something was breaking out of the tree at first.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?
Fuckin' Ents, man.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

nexus6 posted:

I thought something was breaking out of the tree at first.

It's just taking its first steps in years.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
That tree gif is loving cool. I don't know why.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Aren't chainsaws supposed to have a sort of dead-man handle that shuts them off if you let go while it's running? :stare:

No dead-man on a chainsaw. If you let go, the clutch releases and the blade stops moving but it stays running. The saw does have a kickback guard that uses a brake to stop the chain if you should catch the tip or run into a piece of wire.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Malachite_Dragon posted:

mostlygray posted:

No dead-man on a chainsaw. If you let go, the clutch releases and the blade stops moving but it stays running. The saw does have a kickback guard that uses a brake to stop the chain if you should catch the tip or run into a piece of wire.

I finally found a video, you can hear that the chain stops moving but the motor is still running as he runs away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxbAVzhZ8o

Edit: idiots with chainsaws compilation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nGBM76C-5Y

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A White Guy posted:

Parliament is not going to overturn the referendum result. You can't ask an entire country's opinion on a thing and then say "WELL YOUR OPINION SUCKS", it tends to get you kicked out of office the next year.

In Australia the party in power is trying to set up a plebiscite over marriage equality because their hand has pretty much been forced and if they don't do something they're going to suffer for it at the upcoming election because something like 75% of Australians want marriage equality. But they're also massive loving bigots so they've made sure to change the rules governing plebiscites so that, even if the Australian public vote for it, it won't be binding to individual politicians and they'll still be free to vote against it.

Making the entire event utterly worthless.

spog posted:

Just for you non-Brits: this is the main opposition party: with the image updated to show those senior members who have resigned in the last 24 hours.

So why are all these guys quitting again if they're the opposition? Weren't they the ones pushing for Brexit?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Exactly. They made this movement with the expectation that it would fail and now it's real.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gorilla Salad posted:

So why are all these guys quitting again if they're the opposition? Weren't they the ones pushing for Brexit?

the leader of the party is genuinely left wing and they don't like him because they've decided he can't get elected so they're loving the party over to put someone they like who is also unelectable but is right wing

labour campaigned to remain and overwhelming voted to

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Say Nothing posted:

Terrible mma fighters.

"loving FIGHT YOU PUSSY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRFBNXgcVA&hd=1

This is pretty great.

:allears: : Ah, see, the ropes were in his way.

:haw: : This technique *could* work if he was in an open field!

stinky ox
Mar 29, 2007
I am a stinky ox.
The change of expression is priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7rXwLBapg

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

stinky ox posted:

The change of expression is priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ7rXwLBapg

It's going to be so much funnier when they don't place in a single Olympic event either. :allears:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Say Nothing posted:

Terrible mma fighters.

"loving FIGHT YOU PUSSY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRFBNXgcVA&hd=1

the best part is that there's apparently a canadian mma network/channel/whatever called "MM-Eh?"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

[/quote]

Apparently they're coached by a reanimated Klaus Kinski? I will root for them even harder now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Chichevache posted:

It's going to be so much funnier when they don't place in a single Olympic event either. :allears:

its hard to when there is no team competing

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Jose posted:

its hard to when there is no team competing

I'm talking about the whole country, not the team. They've lost their mojo.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is so good. Pro click with speakers on.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://twitter.com/Dazed/status/747830940639105025

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Just put in some blue and it'll be close enough :v:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Great dog web4

http://imgur.com/gallery/zeNlI70

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
http://i.imgur.com/fJs3wmw.gifv

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Wrong thread, that's awesome.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Imagined posted:

But in your heart of hearts, you wanted him to fail, didn't you.

Here is another to make up for my bad joke GIF:

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Imagined posted:

It's perfect for this thread, every once in a while. I was actually rooting for the guy; he's so committed!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ragequit posted:

But in your heart of hearts, you wanted him to fail, didn't you.

Here is another to make up for my bad joke GIF:

Was that a bug? I'm gonna stuff that tennis player in a locker.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer
Unerfüllterwartungschadenfreude up in this thread lately.

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

Josef bugman posted:

The free movement of people is seen to be an impediment for British people to achieve jobs, potentially with good reason.
Been reading that Daily Mail, I see. The UK has (had) 5% unemployment, well within the OECD's "full-employment unemployment rate" of 4 to 6.4%.

Josef bugman posted:

There is also a great deal of anger at the very idea that foreign visitors are coming to Britain, not being able to find work, and then claiming benefits.
For all of three months. There's a reason practically nobody with an education fell for this poo poo.

Let's be honest here, I might have been an EU immigrant to England, but Germany has better weather and 20% better wages. The yobs and olds will surely get their wish of no foreigns fulfilled once the gap explodes to even more. All the racist attacks will help too, I bet.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Been reading that Daily Mail, I see. The UK has (had) 5% unemployment, well within the OECD's "full-employment unemployment rate" of 4 to 6.4%.

For all of three months. There's a reason practically nobody with an education fell for this poo poo.

Let's be honest here, I might have been an EU immigrant to England, but Germany has better weather and 20% better wages. The yobs and olds will surely get their wish of no foreigns fulfilled once the gap explodes to even more. All the racist attacks will help too, I bet.

I know this, but try explaining it to others.

And yes I know its stupid that people get cross about it when millions is taken out fo the economy to be spent on things like HS2 and so on. But the fact is that people fell for it because there is a feeling of a lack of opportunity. Now we may very well say, with good reasons and a shitload of graphs, that the reason for their lack of opportunity is bastards in fancy suits.

It is an impedement to some people who lack jobs because all they want is a job where you need a head and a torso and be fine. Now an arguement could potentially be made for the fact that this is not because of migrant issues but of increasing power and money being concentrated into a smaller group of people and I would agree. But the way these people "feel" needs to be looked at. It isn't all just "Ein Folk" people goose stepping down the street, it is too large an amount of people for that. We can say "all people are a little bit racist to some degree" but if we are going to say that upwards of 50% of the people that voted in a nation is only voting against the EU because of Racism then I am sorry but we are all uttery hosed.

But ultimately I am not qualified to speak for people who didn't vote "in". I can try and understand their reasonings but I doubt I'll get it. We've failed people in this election, and it doesn't seem as if there is any way of stopping it getting worse. Saying "we" here I don't mean to include you in this Osama, I am just very sad and a bit afraid.

Josef bugman has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Jun 28, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Solice Kirsk posted:

Was that a bug? I'm gonna stuff that tennis player in a locker.

Looks like some manner of spider :lol:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
You guys need to be cool.

Don't be not cool.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/27/super-racist-pool-safety-poster-prompts-red-cross-apology/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This didn't get enough attention. 38 seconds, that isn't how you use a chainsaw. :ussr:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

What is the kid in the middle doing that supposedly is not cool? The breaststroke?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

gleebster posted:

What is the kid in the middle doing that supposedly is not cool? The breaststroke?

Or drowning. The loser.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

gleebster posted:

I figured either swimming while black or masturbating on a flotation device in the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
More Olympic fun.

Actual first responders greeting visitors at the airport:

And the various stadiums aren't finished at all. Here's an artist conception of the BMX park:

Here it actually is:

Nailed it.