Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

nothing to seehere posted:

All together it makes ... 51.2% to leave. Actual result was around 56%. Of course, where those extra leave votes comes from is a mystery. Is this the exact same borders used for the general election?

Not even slightly, it includes more rural areas as well as the cities (which tend to have a bigger Tory vote, even in the North - William Hague is an MP in North Yorkshire, for example, because it's all rural)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

To do a very rough example of how this works,

Say Labour 60/40, Tories 40/60, UKIP 5/95 with a vote share of 50/30/20 (not particularly unrealistic),

we get

Remain 60*0.5 + 40*0.3 + 5*0.2 = 43

Leave 40*0.5 + 60*0.3 + 95*0.2 = 57

OK....so what?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Pissflaps posted:

OK....so what?

The argument "the "Labour heartland" going Leave is evidence of vast numbers of Labour voters voting Leave" is not very strong, yet has been presented without second thought by both the Labour party and the national press

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/labour-crisis-alan-sugar-alistair-campbell-lead-anti-corbyn-campaign-1567898

quote:

Lord Alan Sugar and Alistair Campbell are two of the best-known names backing an online campaign to oust Jeremy Corbyn as Labour leader. The former Number 10 communications chief and the ex-Labour peer are urging hundreds of thousands of their followers on social media site Twitter to sign a 'Saving Labour' petition.

And lo the Blairites surface.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
It's interesting that the Parliamentary system basically causes an utter collapse in times of crisis since there really isn't a clear line of succession whereas the US line of succession works its way through VP/Speaker/Pro Tem/every cabinet position.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 28, 2016

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Yes, well known subsurface, hidden Blairite Alistair Campbell and Alan 'Lord' Sugar

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Pissflaps posted:

OK....so what?
Numbers are fun, Pissflaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJgkaU08VvY

(And it means that the "Labour threw the referendum because Corbyn :argh: refused to share a platform with Pig Dave and went around talking to people instead" meme doesn't stand up.)

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Junker posted:

The EU sends it's regards

As he slips a blade between Farage's ribs

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
bbc.co.uk has an article up about the 'best and meanest memes' following England being knocked out be Iceland.

Fucksake is the BBC barely better than loving Buzzfeed now

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

TACD posted:

I didn't see this addressed, but Article 7 allows the EU to forcibly eject a member state if it severely breaks the law, commits human rights violations, and a couple of other similar things I think. There was a consideration of using against Hungary at one point.

It just suspends certain EU laws with immediate effect and prevents the country from taking part in EU decision making, it doesn't actually eject it.

The decision can be made based on a breakdown of law, democracy, human rights, those sorts of things.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

TACD posted:

They look more like cardboard cutouts than real people.

"look"?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Sion posted:

bbc.co.uk has an article up about the 'best and meanest memes' following England being knocked out be Iceland.

The comment sections on their EU-related articles for the past few months, and even still now, have been full of people accusing the BBC of bias and refusing to acknoweldge the Leave campaign fairly. On one hand, it shows their userbase these days, on the other they happened to be completely justified.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

nothing to seehere posted:

Darlington vote: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000658

Party splits: http://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

42.9*0.37 = 15.9 (Labour)
35.2*0.58= 20.4 (Tory)
13.1*0.96= 12.6 (UKIP)
4.8*0.3= 1.4 (Lib Dem)
3.5*0.25= 0.9(Green)

All together it makes ... 51.2% to leave. Actual result was around 56%. Of course, where those extra leave votes comes from is a mystery. Is this the exact same borders used for the general election?

Check the turnout levels. I'd do it myself but your links break on my phone. If turnout was higher in the referendum, and it probably was, then there's your missing Leave voters.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Sion posted:

Consumer oriented reporting, duh.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

EU states mull giving EU citizenship to UK students after Brexit - Renzi:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-students-idUKKCN0ZE1RM

Well thats something at least

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Sion posted:

Buzzfeed does some actual good investigative journalism now and them. Also, the BBC's clickbait tends to be third-hand stuff that's already been through the Buzzfeed / Upworthy mill.

Private Speech posted:

It just suspends certain EU laws with immediate effect and prevents the country from taking part in EU decision making, it doesn't actually eject it.
Ah fair enough, my mistake

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The argument "the "Labour heartland" going Leave is evidence of vast numbers of Labour voters voting Leave" is not very strong, yet has been presented without second thought by both the Labour party and the national press

So you're saying these places aren't labour heartlands anymore?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pissflaps posted:

So you're saying these places aren't labour heartlands anymore?

no, pissflaps, that is not what he's saying

Dominionix
Feb 27, 2007

Because you touch yourself at night...

HJB posted:

The comment sections on their EU-related articles for the past few months, and even still now, have been full of people accusing the BBC of bias and refusing to acknoweldge the Leave campaign fairly. On one hand, it shows their userbase these days, on the other they happened to be completely justified.

I was going to say, the BBC's coverage was completely biased.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gravy Jones posted:

We're going to need gunpowder, lots of gunpowder.

:five:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Dominionix posted:

I was going to say, the BBC's coverage was completely biased.
The BBC is always biased towards the status quo. They were with ScotRef, they are with abortion, they are with the death penalty.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, it's just a known thing.

It does mean that people all over the political spectrum get irrationally angry with it for being biased though. Especially in an age where people seem to expect magical unbiased sources.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

V. Illych L. posted:

no, pissflaps, that is not what he's saying

Then what is he saying?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Being reported that Corbyn will lose the no confidence motion, but Corbyn is going to ignore it and continue on.

Amazing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Arkane posted:

Being reported that Corbyn will lose the no confidence motion, but Corbyn is going to ignore it and continue on.

Amazing.

:unsmigghh:

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Arkane posted:

Amazing.

MPs don't get to decide who the leader is, the party members do.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:newdanger:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Arkane posted:

Amazing.

Corby looking rock solid boys

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Arkane posted:

Amazing.

Yes, he is amazing.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

qhat posted:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

qhat posted:

He's got the backing of Labour Members, Labour Voters and the Unions. The PLP are going to lose this one and the tears will be amazing.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Unless the Blairites actually go full Brutus on him and stab him on the floor of the Commons, Corbyn is going nowhere.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

What's even the point of this no confidence vote, is it some kind of prerequisite for a new leadership election, or are the Blairites just beating their chests and hoping that Corbyn doesn't understand his mandate?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Fans posted:

He's got the backing of Labour Members, Labour Voters and the Unions. The PLP are going to lose this one and the tears will be amazing.

There will be even more tears the morning after the following election.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Tigey posted:

EU states mull giving EU citizenship to UK students after Brexit - Renzi:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-students-idUKKCN0ZE1RM

Well thats something at least
Well, Euramus is responsible for 1m babies in the 00s alone, so i guess it's worth some efforts.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

qhat posted:

What's even the point of this no confidence vote, is it some kind of prerequisite for a new leadership election, or are the Blairites just beating their chests and hoping that Corbyn doesn't understand his mandate?

Yes :newdanger:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Don't worry everyone, Stephen Crabb, Tory pensions secretary, is riding to the rescue by standing as a candidate for the Tory leadership.

Also, you're not the only one who just went "who?!?"

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

Don't worry everyone, Stephen Crabb, Tory pensions secretary, is riding to the rescue by standing as a candidate for the Tory leadership.

Also, you're not the only one who just went "who?!?"

Leonard J Crabbs, UK PM.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

holy poo poo this is amazing

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
jeremy will start wearing his cap during PMQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

qhat posted:

It's just setup for the Leadership Election. They want to do everything they can to try harm him first.

• Locked thread