Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Liberal white guilt txt.
You would fit right in in America. Decry the racists since that's what you've been taught to do, but deep down hate the Browns and foreigners as much as everyone else.
thanks for the dose of red pill wisdom WorldsStrongestNerd you've really opened my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
also it really seems like the UK is going to come out worse than they were in terms of trade with the EU and for this it is getting...?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
UK is winning the special olympics for nations award this year

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

also it really seems like the UK is going to come out worse than they were in terms of trade with the EU and for this it is getting...?
lots of entertainment

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

if corbyn wins at least he wont have a greater power enforcing horrible policies. Ofc that involves getting corb into power first

Besides that brits wont get much out of this with the current govt. Most of the positives are on the "gently caress you EU" side of things.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
the eu is a self inflicted treaty of versailles 2.0

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tram-video-racist-abuse-manchester-11535624

A bunch of chavs drunk on Bud at 7:30 am in the morning get in a verbal spat with a half black lookin American guy. Regular tuesday downtown

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Faithless posted:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tram-video-racist-abuse-manchester-11535624

A bunch of chavs drunk on Bud at 7:30 am in the morning get in a verbal spat with a half black lookin American guy. Regular tuesday downtown

thats just manchester for you mate

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Liberal white guilt txt.
You would fit right in in America. Decry the racists since that's what you've been taught to do, but deep down hate the Browns and foreigners as much as everyone else.

haha yeah americans alllllll hate brown people

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
"like what even is the EU?" -A Briton tired of god drat pakis making good curry for his idiot drunk self

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

corn in the bible posted:

haha yeah americans alllllll hate brown people

black, not brown, is the american way

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
but in fact it's your lovely bog country full of inbred retards that literally voted for independence from THE BLACKS.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
also it kinda seems like the Leave people have no idea what to do now lol

like a dog actually catching a car and not knowing what to do with it

or a dog pretending to chase a car to score points with its constituency and then they accidentally catch the car and are like "uhhhhh actually the things I said about this car while I was for real chasing it may or may not be true seee yaaaaa"

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

We get to have our own politicians gently caress up everything rather than Belgian ones.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
England CHOSE to leave the Euros

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

so what I'm getting here is that Brexit was a good thing if the EU can't get its poo poo together and emerge reformed and better in one way or another

...but the vote itself was mostly about the Leave organizers playing with xenophobia to motivate people to vote leave
The vote was as much also about the Remain camp offering absolutely loving nothing to people and hoping that the economically precarious but craven, and the young, who have been trained to vote to stay throughout their education, would show up and vote.

That was pretty much it.

The tone for the vast majority of the remain campaign was basically:

"There is a risk that your house will be worth 10% less and in 15 years' time you will have lost 」3000"
"Right..."
"And Christine Lagarde agrees!"
"Why should we trust any of that or not want to be able to afford a house more easily?"
"Both interesting questions, but did you know that the OECD agrees with our predictions?"
"How's about how headline GDP increases have come in the face of near decade-long pay freezes for many people and have left our society extremely divided while the EU stands by and just watches it happen. Why should that inspire confidence in the EU?"
"Richard Branson says it is good, to be in the EU."
"Where do working people even go from the 5th richest economy in the world to try to better themselves, since our country has such weak foreign language education that making it in Germany, the Arab world, or Japan is unlikely to happen for most state-educated people, and there is already a glut of English-speaking immigrants in Australia, Canada, and the US?"
"Have you considered that it is risky to leave the EU?"

Badly run campaign that addressed nothing.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

I hope the new independent UK can resume its special relationship with :ussr:, like that time they licensed turbojet engines to the Soviets, which ended up being used in the Korean war vs. the US.

Have the Brits made any good engines lately? The F-35's droopy penis doesn't count.

Neurolimal posted:

New Labour and Tories both took collective shits on productive jobs like that. Only paper pushing and coin counting remains

Not strictly true. *For now* we are still the base of Rolls Royce, who are second only to General Electric in the production of modern jet engines. One of the most famous of which being the turbojets that powered Concorde.

e: ironically they are considering moving, as might the whole operation we got in Wales building Airbus wings (like hell will they be able to compete with Boeing now), and I bet the fact that we do a massive chunk of the world's engine research will drop too. There is a hill in Oxford where you can see most F1 teams from, I doubt that'll be the case soon. Tens of thousands of jobs gone, many apprenticeship positions gone too. Only reason Dyson wanted out was because he has consistently whined that the pound is too strong to trade with China, which is where he is targeting in a big way.

a neurotic ai fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 28, 2016

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

jBrereton posted:

The vote was as much also about the Remain camp offering absolutely loving nothing to people and hoping that the economically precarious but craven, and the young, who have been trained to vote to stay throughout their education, would show up and vote.

That was pretty much it.

The tone for the vast majority of the remain campaign was basically:

"There is a risk that your house will be worth 10% less and in 15 years' time you will have lost 」3000"
"Right..."
"And Christine Lagarde agrees!"
"Why should we trust any of that or not want to be able to afford a house more easily?"
"Both interesting questions, but did you know that the OECD agrees with our predictions?"
"How's about how headline GDP increases have come in the face of near decade-long pay freezes for many people and have left our society extremely divided while the EU stands by and just watches it happen. Why should that inspire confidence in the EU?"
"Richard Branson says it is good, to be in the EU."
"Where do working people even go from the 5th richest economy in the world to try to better themselves, since our country has such weak foreign language education that making it in Germany, the Arab world, or Japan is unlikely to happen for most state-educated people, and there is already a glut of English-speaking immigrants in Australia, Canada, and the US?"
"Have you considered that it is risky to leave the EU?"

Badly run campaign that addressed nothing.

the young are stupid and cannot be trusted - camp leave

the old are stupid and cannot be trusted - camp remain

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

USSAr posted:

It's honestly the remainders probably melting down and pretending to be racist (hint they really are) and acting like leafers.
just wanted to quote this post and laugh at it and its not the smiling kind of laughter, cheers

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Liberal white guilt txt.

That's fine though at least he stays civil in public. Idc if you want to scream the N word at the walls all day at home but why you gotta go out in public with that poo poo?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Lichy posted:

the young are stupid and cannot be trusted - camp leave

the old are stupid and cannot be trusted - camp remain

theyre not wrong

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

USSAr posted:

It's honestly the remainders probably melting down and pretending to be racist (hint they really are) and acting like leafers.

hmmm yes have we considered this in fact a "false flag" operation??

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Soundboz posted:

hmmm yes have we considered this in fact a "false flag" operation??

it's happened quite a few times in the US, plus the remainders are mentally ill soooooo

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

remainers are accelerationists :tinfoil: i ate a spanish and i saw corbyn eating a spanish and he looked at me and he said he voted leave :tinfoil::tinfoil:

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Well I've just gone and joined the Labour Party, for what it's worth. I'd love to see someone left-wing get in, I'm sick of how things are.

However I never thought the tories would get in, nor we'd leave Europe, so I'll be wrong on this too no doubt.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

de la peche posted:

Well I've just gone and joined the Labour Party, for what it's worth. I'd love to see someone left-wing get in, I'm sick of how things are.

However I never thought the tories would get in, nor we'd leave Europe, so I'll be wrong on this too no doubt.

join TUSC instead retard

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

sinking belle posted:

remainers are accelerationists :tinfoil: i ate a spanish and i saw corbyn eating a spanish and he looked at me and he said he voted leave :tinfoil::tinfoil:

Maybe you guys should stop cannibalizing people? If you had gone out to vote instead of eating a poor Spaniard, you guys might have wone.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク
Did Boris ever get rid of the bendy busses in London?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

gay picnic defence posted:

Maybe this will be the scare that gets Gen Y off their arses and forces politicians to start listening to them.

It won't.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Preoptopus posted:

Did Boris ever get rid of the bendy busses in London?

He did, but I hear that they'll be making a comeback when England enters into Damnation Alley.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
has anyone even considered how brexit may affect SA's #1 sponsor, fakeid-uk.com?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Roylicious posted:

That's fine though at least he stays civil in public. Idc if you want to scream the N word at the walls all day at home but why you gotta go out in public with that poo poo?

Well sure, but there is no equality. In America you have a few leftists who actually care about civil rights, and they are used by neo liberal politians for identiy politics. The liberal ruling class in America tolerates brown people as a benighted underclass who needs help and guidance. The conservatives are more open in their disdain. I'm just loling at that guy who dislikes his neighbors for acting like uncivilized foreigners, but he will tolerate them since that's cool and good these days.

It's like the western world never made any real progress over the last 70 years. We just convinced folks to grit their teeth and be "tolerant". It's such a fragile peace.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well sure, but there is no equality. In America you have a few leftists who actually care about civil rights, and they are used by neo liberal politians for identiy politics. The liberal ruling class in America tolerates brown people as a benighted underclass who needs help and guidance. The conservatives are more open in their disdain. I'm just loling at that guy who dislikes his neighbors for acting like uncivilized foreigners, but he will tolerate them since that's cool and good these days.

It's like the western world never made any real progress over the last 70 years. We just convinced folks to grit their teeth and be "tolerant". It's such a fragile peace.

conservative: i think brown people are just like anyone else and should be allowed to take care of themselves, succeed or fail.
liberal: omg why u so racist, brown people aren't as good as whites and need so much more assistance

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
its funny being an american in the UK and not having to listen to poo poo about Trump any more, and instead watching all of this happen. On the other hand, i might be ejected with all the poles only to be left scratching at Trump's wall if i dont have my papers in order

Anybody up for claiming an island in the sea like Danny Wallace (even though hes a bit of a wanker)

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

GORDON posted:

conservative: i think brown people are just like anyone else and should be allowed to take care of themselves, succeed or fail.
liberal: omg why u so racist, brown people aren't as good as whites and need so much more assistance

thanks for your retarded opinion

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

I think at this point most Americans do feel somewhat close to the British as fellow English speakers but the same applies to Canadians, Aussies, and Kiwis.

There's probably more of a "special relationship" with Ireland these days in that there is a tendency for any white American with a few drops of Irish ancestry to refer to themselves as "Irish". There are more Americans of English ancestry than Irish but that same kind of pride doesn't seem to manifest at all.

You really don't even know what the "special relationship" even means, do you? I mean, drat.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Prorat posted:

German descended? What no. No.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Self reported or actual?

A lot of Americans are really shy about calling themselves English (unsurprisingly) and a lot are really overeager to claim Irishness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ha, the bastion of English culture and heritage that is Utah.

• Locked thread