Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Tim Sherwood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Does it say anything about "senior players" bottling it again? No?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
While a lot of that poo poo is obvious that stinks of players trying to shirk the responsibility for how they played last night and trying to claim it's all the old owl's fault.

A lot of it is on Roy's selection and tactics but when you can't even complete a 5 yard pass that's on you.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
don't worry i'll be all fine when we get a new manager just like the last time. and the time before that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this article is pretty savage about joe hart

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...s-a7106591.html

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/danroan/status/747809111505502209

What he said during his press conference today. He said this twice.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Good to hear Roy whining that he's got to attend a press conference to justify his performance I mean the oval office only got paid £3 million a year gently caress off

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God, he's so salty and smug. What a prick that man is. He thinks his poo poo doesn't stink.

Wayne Rooney has denied the locker room stuff about Lallana, the 6 changes and poo poo, but he's going to isn't he? I have no doubt that poo poo is all legit.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/joeloboITV/status/747812696184201216

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Josuke Higashikata posted:

God, he's so salty and smug. What a prick that man is. He thinks his poo poo doesn't stink.

Wayne Rooney has denied the locker room stuff about Lallana, the 6 changes and poo poo, but he's going to isn't he? I have no doubt that poo poo is all legit.

This is literally competing with Farage at the European Parliament for most objectionable poo poo today

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Historically, he's got 1/1 requirements for the job.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the fa really needs overhauling but there are loads of old men with jobs of doing gently caress all that have the power because only 2 people out of over a 100 are needed to veto reform or something lol

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

As poo poo as he was, it's not really fair that Sterling is taking the brunt of the criticism

Kane was just as bad and Rooney only looked decent against Russia

Clyne is better than Walker too. Walker has zero end product

Hey. Newsflash, idiot. None of this matters. Kane, Rooney, Walker and everybody else could have played the game of their lives and England would still have lost. Lost at sea? Little boy doesn't know what happened? Little white boy went to mass and never educated himself on the world's real religion? One word, buddy: karma. Ever heard of it? What goes around comes around, in common parlance for the less educated. The truth is, after the Iceland Portugal match, the English fans made a fool of themselves, celebrating the draw as if they themselves had won anything. They got off by kicking the Portuguese when they were down, making brutal fun of them for only getting a draw against lovely Iceland, I've tried to get over it but there were a lot of hurt feelings and nasty trolling. I'm not saying any names but let's just say you could look into the eyes of some of these England fans and see the pleasure they were getting from the misery the Portuguese fans were going through. Thankfully Brahma is fair and he made sure those people got their just desserts. The same thing happened to USMNT fans who also made fun of Portugal, then they lost 4-0 to Argentina, and also to Colombia, also last year they lost against Panama and Jamaica and that's the kind of shame you can never live down. If these fans had behaved properly and not gloated on the suffering of others, they would now be celebrating major wins for their teams. Instead, they're crying and whining about players or Roy or whatever without realizing they are a infinitesimal part of the milk sea of souls, and no good deed goes unpunished. Anyway, my friend kwagga told me all this stuff and he's brown so it must be true. Namaste.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Hey. Newsflash, idiot. None of this matters. Kane, Rooney, Walker and everybody else could have played the game of their lives and England would still have lost. Lost at sea? Little boy doesn't know what happened? Little white boy went to mass and never educated himself on the world's real religion? One word, buddy: karma. Ever heard of it? What goes around comes around, in common parlance for the less educated. The truth is, after the Iceland Portugal match, the English fans made a fool of themselves, celebrating the draw as if they themselves had won anything. They got off by kicking the Portuguese when they were down, making brutal fun of them for only getting a draw against lovely Iceland, I've tried to get over it but there were a lot of hurt feelings and nasty trolling. I'm not saying any names but let's just say you could look into the eyes of some of these England fans and see the pleasure they were getting from the misery the Portuguese fans were going through. Thankfully Brahma is fair and he made sure those people got their just desserts. The same thing happened to USMNT fans who also made fun of Portugal, then they lost 4-0 to Argentina, and also to Colombia, also last year they lost against Panama and Jamaica and that's the kind of shame you can never live down. If these fans had behaved properly and not gloated on the suffering of others, they would now be celebrating major wins for their teams. Instead, they're crying and whining about players or Roy or whatever without realizing they are a infinitesimal part of the milk sea of souls, and no good deed goes unpunished. Anyway, my friend kwagga told me all this stuff and he's brown so it must be true. Namaste.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Sterling won a pen in three minutes, how's that not confident? And a great pen it was too by the roonster. Under captain John Stones we'd have held out for way longer than 34 seconds. Some green shoots there imo

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Roy should have been fired on the spot when he put Wilshire on. I mean sure the players didn't perform but that displayed a level of mental retardation previously thought impossible

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

is bielsa still out of a job?

He's about to take over for Lazio

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://puu.sh/pJ7m1/9a3b3026c1.webm

nice and hq for posterity

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Lemon posted:

Roy should have been fired on the spot when he put Wilshire on. I mean sure the players didn't perform but that displayed a level of mental retardation previously thought impossible

Do you remember when he said prematch 'I hear he didn't get a good reception from the media after the last game...think you'll be eating your words the further we get into the tournament ;)'

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Breath Ray posted:

Do you remember when he said prematch 'I hear he didn't get a good reception from the media after the last game...think you'll be eating your words the further we get into the tournament ;)'

I remember him saying something along the lines of we've been dominating so far, someone is in for a thrashing or something like that.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Ninpo posted:

I remember him saying something along the lines of we've been dominating so far, someone is in for a thrashing or something like that.

well we were thrashed tbf

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
What I wanna know is how in the gently caress the rest of the squad tolerated Kane taking lovely free kicks and corners.

When I play sunday soccer and some loving scrub demands to take set pieces I'll call him a homosexual slur and take the loving ball from him, and here we have no one saying a word to Kane through 4 matches. Pussies.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Looks like we've found the next England manager

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...n-a7095491.html

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

tarbrush posted:

This is literally competing with Farage at the European Parliament for most objectionable poo poo today

:qq:

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol

He's better than any poo poo English manager you have coming up the ranks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Marquis de Pyro posted:

lol

He got some decent results with a pack of terrible players so there's not too much wrong with this.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Mean Bean Machine posted:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
The US usually look like more of a team than England ever do, and he can't be more incompetent than Woy.

More inspiring than most of the names on the list, god help me if I ever have to see Alan Pardew's smug oval office grin on the sidelines as England fail to qualify after being beaten by Belarus.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

tarbrush posted:

farage did nothing wrong

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Would love to see a cool foreigner like Klinnsman or Roy Keane in charge.

Glenn Hoddle is the one of the English front runners I'd give a shot, but his hatred of retards would make most of the current squad unpickable.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

come off it even harry redknapp wouldn't back tactics tim for engla

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-aston-villa-man-backed-11536803

beat all english managers with sticks imo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Allardyce is unironically the answer for England. It's just a matter of time until you all realize it.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Tortuga posted:

Would love to see a cool foreigner like Klinnsman or Roy Keane in charge.

Glenn Hoddle is the one of the English front runners I'd give a shot, but his hatred of retards would make most of the current squad unpickable.

Hoddle should never in a million years get near the England job. He wasn't bad at it before but all the baggage that comes with him makes him far to much of a risk, especially with the modern press.

Southgate's the likely candidate given its a young team and he has worked and got great results out of most of them before. If not Southgate just get Pulis in, England would win WC 2018 with Pulis, although England would deservedly get invaded by a UN force for crimes against humanity as a result. Also would mean West Brom wouldn't have to put up with his poo poo for one more season.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

FullLeatherJacket posted:

come off it even harry redknapp wouldn't back tactics tim for engla

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-aston-villa-man-backed-11536803

beat all english managers with sticks imo

he'll cure our lack of passion and it will come home

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Lol glenn hoddle?!? No way will he get it

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Hoddle hasn't had a proper football job since 2006, and at that point he was failing to get out of the Championship with Wolves

I wish I had drinking mates who worked in punditry and could try and help me fail upwards at every given opportunity

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
should be Paul Gascoigne IMO

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Jose posted:

Beautiful.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Pulis or Allardyce would be amazing and play to England's strengths. They'd also please the fans, who keep banging on about wanting to see sides that play with "heart" and "passion", which I think really just means physical aggressiveness and speed. I'm not sure why the FA would be so down on them.

Southgate seems like a cool guy though. I wish he'd manage a club. England's a thankless job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Jose posted:

a bloo bloo bloo england players won't say stuff in interviews that'll be used against them later

that's why they can't pass

• Locked thread