Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Pretty sure the FFGoons auth system is still broken due to forums fuckery. It's not your fault, person who is weirdly down on himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

seiferguy posted:

edit: as is the music for Ozma

Do you mean just the Weeping City music itself? Ozma's just got the regular boss music.

Though regarding the Weeping City theme, though this might've come up in the thread already: It's a callback, and very likely foreshadowing. Part of it is a heavily modified version of "The Extreme", final boss music from FF8. It kicks in around 1:39. So the queen in the big giant coffin from Void Ark is very likely an Eorzean Ultimecia.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's actually the opening notes of FF9's battle music, which is very similar.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ozma's Doomsday part has separate music which is a slowed down version of the Void Ark battle theme, too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

3.3 MSQ question (very early on), does everyone just know that I have a tiny penisMidgardsormr following me around, now? I was rather expecting a reaction from Aymeric and Alphinaud

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

3.3 MSQ question (very early on), does everyone just know that I have a tiny penisMidgardsormr following me around, now? I was rather expecting a reaction from Aymeric and Alphinaud

Well, you did fly into Ishgard on his back at the end of HW so I'd assume they have some idea.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Iron Tusk posted:

Well, you did fly into Ishgard on his back at the end of HW so I'd assume they have some idea.

I'm gonna be honest I've pretty much forgotten everything but the broad strokes of the entire story, at least tonight

Also I'm really tempted to actually do what I say I'm gonna do every patch and attempt the new stuff totally blind, but I'm too tired tonight and I know I'm gonna look it all up at work tomorrow :saddowns:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That is a good question, maybe only dragons can see him?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think only you and dragons, yeah.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
can anyone invite me to the guild? i'm on excalibur and my character name is Hey Boo

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Other people definitely saw you fly in on his back, since an NPC mentions you "Flying in on Dragonback" in a 3.1 cutscene

Maybe to other people he just looks like a generic dragon?

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Minigardsormr is probably invisible to anyone but you and dragons. Middlegardsormr is visible but not really easy to identify at a glance. I think.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
They probably don't realise that it's Midgardsormr you're riding around on. They think Midgardsormr's the husk wrapped around the Agrias in Silvertear Lake, not some entity that's got some actual magical heft hidden in a shapeshifting form.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah the rest of the realm has no idea what's happening with dragon dad. I'd imagine they'd freak the gently caress out if they did

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Hello goons,

Static's looking for a SCH or AST healer. Working on Nidhogg Ex right now, and will be going back to A6S after we're done with that. Come (attempt) to kill bosses with us! Thread is here, post there or message me on FFgoons if you're interested! We're also interested in subs of all colours and kinds! Our play times are a bit odd so please make sure to scope that out .

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Farg posted:

Yoshida: I think that's still a possibility. Something like "Miqo'te lessons," and create some space in Idyllshire that only players with VR can enter, and have some kind of Miqo'te paradise. That might be interesting.

:greenangel:

They should just fix the floaty namesplates/numbers being at the correct depth in 3d and I'll play this in VR all the time already, gdi.

The one time I did trial roulette in 3d, I got a shiva and it was glorious, but I had to turn off all the nameplates and other floaty text bits, which would make it super annoying outside single boss and maybe an add spawn encounters :v:

Yoship, please VR

chlorophylls
May 8, 2013

I'm gonna kill you.

Hamsterlady posted:

Other people definitely saw you fly in on his back, since an NPC mentions you "Flying in on Dragonback" in a 3.1 cutscene

Maybe to other people he just looks like a generic dragon?

kafziel posted:

Minigardsormr is probably invisible to anyone but you and dragons. Middlegardsormr is visible but not really easy to identify at a glance. I think.

Ignimbrite posted:

They probably don't realise that it's Midgardsormr you're riding around on. They think Midgardsormr's the husk wrapped around the Agrias in Silvertear Lake, not some entity that's got some actual magical heft hidden in a shapeshifting form.

Slight corrections: Aymeric is the one who mentions you flying back to Ishgard on dragonback. Middlegardsormr is entirely visible and understandable to others; he even introduces himself as Midgardsormr to Aymeric, Lucia, and the Fortemps family (when they all gather to receive you in Ishgard after you beat Thordan at the end of 3.0). Aside from those mentioned, nobody else knows about Middlegardsormr being the Midgardsormr, as he passes as a generic dragon well enough in that form.

Minigardsormr is most likely invisible to everyone else, and he seems to pop up only when you're alone anyway or when his children need a talking-to (from what I can recall, feel free to correct me.)

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Whenever Midgarsormr is visible, he's visible. When he's not, he's not. It's as simple as that. Aside from the people he introduced himself to in that cutscene the only entities that know who he is are Tiamat, Hraesvelgr and Hydalyn. The first two he has shown himself, the latter because he's taken over her old past time of keeping the Big Eye In The Sky on you (although with a little more hands-off measure.)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
seiferguy thanks for the info you posted earlier. i haven't got to play too much but the guildhests and daily main scenario DF didn't have the issues I was having earlier, so I think it may be fixed

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

They should just fix the floaty namesplates/numbers being at the correct depth in 3d and I'll play this in VR all the time already, gdi.

The one time I did trial roulette in 3d, I got a shiva and it was glorious, but I had to turn off all the nameplates and other floaty text bits, which would make it super annoying outside single boss and maybe an add spawn encounters :v:

Yoship, please VR

I just want to be able to move the floating combat text. I did some UI cleanup and adjustments last weekend to rearrange and shrink a number of UI elements, but nope, combat text is front and center.

I just want to scoot it off to the right a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

EponymousMrYar posted:

Whenever Midgarsormr is visible, he's visible. When he's not, he's not. It's as simple as that. Aside from the people he introduced himself to in that cutscene the only entities that know who he is are Tiamat, Hraesvelgr and Hydalyn. The first two he has shown himself, the latter because he's taken over her old past time of keeping the Big Eye In The Sky on you (although with a little more hands-off measure.)

There's definitely times the little one pops up and nobody sees him.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Because they're walking away and he tends to only talk in mind-speak. If/when they look back, he's not there. It's a common movie trope (and 90% of his appearances.)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
does anyone have a link to a good text recap of the 3.0 plot? google is giving me not a whole lot except a really poorly worded/formatted thing on reddit. i need a recap before i dive into 3.1 and wanted something to read during lunch break

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Because they're walking away and he tends to only talk in mind-speak. If/when they look back, he's not there. It's a common movie trope (and 90% of his appearances.)

There's at least one time he pops up in the middle of a crowded building and absolutely nobody notices him.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
He pops up in front of Alphinaud and Aymeric to talk to Hraesvelgr and Alphinaud looks towards him while Midgarsormir is talking and he isn't visible, which I think is supposed to show that Alph can't see him but can maybe hear him? Not sure.

Baalfrog
Nov 14, 2012

Thats pretty neat.
We recently started a fresh FC with a couple of friends with the aim of doing some Extreme trials (current ones, like Nidhogg and Sephi) and Alexander savage too. I main a DRG, and what I am looking into is the accuracy needed for DRG to hit things and overall improvements to my gear, if there is much more to be done. You can see my character here.

Second thing that I am wondering is if the 230 Lore tomestone weapon is better weapon than the 230 Relic? Should I start saving up Lores on that?

Baalfrog fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 28, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you've already got 230 relic, I'd say to put your effort into the grind to get it to 240 (the process of which lets you customize its secondary stats to whatever your floor tanking heart desires). Save your lore for other poo poo, alt jobs if you're done spending it on your DRG.

As far as pre-built secondaries before you get there, I'd say to ignore the lore weapon and go after the Horde Spear from Nidhogg, which is crit/det, unless you really need the skill speed from lore/relic for some reason.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Front Accuracy on A8S is 723. I'm well over that in lore gear. Yes, the crit on the lore lance outweighs the det on the relic one. See if you can't get your hands on the DRG feet from Mhach, they're better than the lore ones.

Deathwing
Aug 16, 2008

Solumin posted:

Pretty sure the FFGoons auth system is still broken due to forums fuckery. It's not your fault, person who is weirdly down on himself.

Yeah, seemed broken for me too when signing up this morning, figured someone would post here sooner or later if it was...some SA gaming groups are weirdly uptight about their application processes/asking questions about such processes/etc., I think sometimes it seems better to err on the side of self-deprecation at first.

Anyway! Just started playing last night thanks to the Steam sale...I sorta burned myself out on Guild Wars 2 for the near future, and I think this will be a nice change - really like the soundtrack so far in particular. Gonna have to get used to not dodge-rolling everywhere now, but i'd played FFXII again recently too, so the combat itself doesn't feel *too* weird.

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

Solumin posted:

ok so then how do I get authorized to play anime catgirls with goons?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Some simple questions

Relic Weapon quests, yeah, what am I working for? I've gotten to the point where I'm grinding atmas in Fates and I'm really trying to cut down on habits to make the most out of my time.

I'm in heavensward and when other players go on flying mounts I can see them take off and fly but they stop being rendered in the draw distance really quickly, is this normal?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

TomBosleyExp posted:

ok so then how do I get authorized to play anime catgirls with goons?

As far as I know, posting in this thread and asking an admin to manually auth you is the only way. (I am not on ffgoons myself, so...)

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Some simple questions

Relic Weapon quests, yeah, what am I working for? I've gotten to the point where I'm grinding atmas in Fates and I'm really trying to cut down on habits to make the most out of my time.

I'm in heavensward and when other players go on flying mounts I can see them take off and fly but they stop being rendered in the draw distance really quickly, is this normal?

The relic weapon is a slightly better weapon with a cool, glowy skin. The atma step you're on only took me < 3 hours, but if you're doing the MSQ you're going to get a weapon better than your relic pretty quickly.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I dunno, what platform are you playing on? If the PS3, then probably yeah. Back when I played on the PS3 the culling was hilarious, although the part where I was doing a quest and the quest mobs were culled was somewhat less hilarious. (They could still attack me, I just couldn't see them.)

On the PC, there doesn't appear to be a draw distance option, but it's pretty far away.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Guys, /mogdance is so awesome :buddy:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Xenoveritas posted:

I dunno, what platform are you playing on? If the PS3, then probably yeah. Back when I played on the PS3 the culling was hilarious, although the part where I was doing a quest and the quest mobs were culled was somewhat less hilarious. (They could still attack me, I just couldn't see them.)

On the PC, there doesn't appear to be a draw distance option, but it's pretty far away.

drat, it might be that Im still playing on direct x 9.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Some simple questions

Don't bother with ARR relics, all they're good for now is glamour.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And a title.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fister Roboto posted:

Don't bother with relics, all they're good for now is glamour.

Relic only offers a slight stat bump over a weapon that takes way less effort to get.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
1,000,000 MGP the hard way later:

:toot:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Liver Disaster posted:

Relic only offers a slight stat bump over a weapon that takes way less effort to get.

To be fair, the models are really intricate and some look really good.

• Locked thread