Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Davos is a criminal, Gilly helped murder her husband, Edd is going bald far too young and Sam is really, really fat.

'Good' died with Gren in that tunnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Goofballs posted:

This was great, Bernie Septa had me losing it. He don't even know its over.

I have to quote this once again but the whole Tommen part just kills me.

"And BStuc was like, 'Hey man, why they lingerin' on this shot? Some poo poo 'bout to happen OH NO! OOOO!"

"He killed the poo poo out of himself!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah but he straight up sought her out and strangled her to death then shot Tywin with a crossbow when he was taking a poo poo so not really "heroic actions".

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Trying to find a map of Westeros with a scale on it because I'm a horrible nerd. Arya would've taken a boat to Maidenpool or the Saltpans and taken a horse (presumably) on the King's Road toward the Twins. Assuming she's riding hard and isn't waylaid by bandits I think she'd make it there in a week. None of that matters really. The real question is, where did she find the time and space to grind up the Freys into pies and how long has she been back in Westeros? She could've been back ages ago since things are non-linear now.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Beric Dondarrion and Thoros of Myr are good dudes and Davos is the best goddamn person in the show or books. Barristan Selmy is also cool, and good, and alive.

Hollismason posted:

Yeah but he straight up sought her out and strangled her to death then shot Tywin with a crossbow when he was taking a poo poo so not really "heroic actions".

Uh, she was in Tywin's bed. He definitely was not expecting to run into her, nor was he doing anything in cold blood.

E:

MrSlam posted:

The real question is, where did she find the time and space to grind up the Freys into pies and how long has she been back in Westeros? She could've been back ages ago since things are non-linear now.

She was the serving girl who was "flirting" with Jaime in the previous scene. She'd been scoping the scene for some time before making her move.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I'll say Sansa and Arya are not far off from being as bad as show Cersei at this point tbh. Also Bran committed one of the worst acts in the show and Jon was completely game for leaving everyone for dead until Sansa manhandled him into fighting.

And people think the Starks are as close as we have to good guys. The show still has morally ambiguous characters, it just has cartoon villains like Euron, Joff and Ramsay who make everyone else seem like saints.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

jfood posted:

Davos is a criminal, Gilly helped murder her husband, Edd is going bald far too young and Sam is really, really fat.

'Good' died with Gren in that tunnel.

I loved how no one remembered about the tunnel until the next day, they were lucky to not have the wilding horde rush down iy

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Lyanna Mormont is good and the best.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I don't think anyone was arguing Bran for being a good guy. Bran and Meera had seemingly zero remorse for forcing Hodor to hold the door for them, they just seemed concerned about whether it was going to hold long enough for them to get away.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also Lady was beyond reproach and went to doggie heaven and lives out her days as Sophie Turner's pet northern Inuit dog.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

How many ways are there to come back from the dead?

Night's King zombification, Red Priest magic, Qyburn science, Iron Island Drown & Watch (??)... am I forgetting any?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Hobo Clown posted:

Night's King zombification, Red Priest magic, Qyburn science, Iron Island Drown & Watch (??)... am I forgetting any?

Good old regular CPR, as practiced by Book Iron Islanders and the slave that Robb's wife talked about who got her into being a healer.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

The Iron Island is really supposed to be medieval CPR. They call it the Kiss of Life. Damphair just sat there and stared at him because Euron used to molest him when he was a kid.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I really want the series to end with Sansa on the Iron Throne after shes disposed of Littlefinger.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

the jizz taxi posted:

Also they should give the Dreadfort to Davos for his trouble and call it the Beardfort

The Dadfort.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Lycus posted:

The Dadfort.

way better, thank you

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

MrSlam posted:

The Iron Island is really supposed to be medieval CPR. They call it the Kiss of Life. Damphair just sat there and stared at him because Euron used to molest him when he was a kid.

Wait, really? I thought Damphair wasn't in the show, and Euron coming back to life unaided wasn't in the book?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Need to settle an argument.

Should WunWun's nickname be ThruDoor or NoDor?

TIA.

Hobo Clown posted:

Wait, really? I thought Damphair wasn't in the show, and Euron coming back to life unaided wasn't in the book?

A character that perfectly matches Aeron's description is in several scenes in both S2 and S6, but he's never named on-screen. Just another tidbit thrown in for book readers. He may become Aeron if the plot needs it, or he might never be seen again, or maybe he'll become Victarion, who knows.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's no way that Cersei doesn't plot to blow up all of King's Landing with wildfire and Jaime kills her. I don't think Cersei probably knew about the plot maybe?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Cersei is probably so arrogant that she won't appoint a small council, plus this means the show doesn't have to hire any more actors.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

He's calling the priest in the show Damphair and then using the inference from the book that Euron in the show was also Brother BadTouch

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now

Hobo Clown posted:

Does Mirri Maz Duur zombification count?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
There's also 'jam obsidian in the heart' zombification.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I was thinkin', how much do we really trust that Qybrun, guy who is known to steal bodies to do creepy resurrection trails on them, actually cremated Tommen?

Vote Zombie Tommen 2017.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A character that perfectly matches Aeron's description is in several scenes in both S2 and S6, but he's never named on-screen. Just another tidbit thrown in for book readers. He may become Aeron if the plot needs it, or he might never be seen again, or maybe he'll become Victarion, who knows.

He's apparently named Aeron in the script, but is for all intents and purposes just a generic priest of the Drowned God as far as season 6 is concerned. It might get expanded on if Euron is actually going to be a major villain in season 7.

Euron did not participate in any ceremony in the books, and Aeron's official reason for opposing him is his godlessness.

E: LoL resurrection and Wight zombifications are the only ways that people have been raised from the dead. Drogo and the Mountain were dying from poison, but I don't think they actually died before they came back as zombies, and the Night's King was definitely alive when the Children turned him into Ice Dad.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jun 28, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
an older member of my family wanted to know why in Ep9 could Ramsey make Bran run all of a sudden before he killed him with an arrow?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Ague Proof posted:

There's also 'jam obsidian a silicon based microchip created by genetically altered inbred humans in the heart' zombification.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viY-xU7WyWk&t=19m6s

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 28, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hitchensgoespop posted:

an older member of my family wanted to know why in Ep9 could Ramsey make Bran run all of a sudden before he killed him with an arrow?

I guess since "fly" can also mean run, maybe it could have tied into the three-eyed raven prophecy.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

WampaLord posted:

Onionfort.

:colbert:

Yeah I get those when I eat fajitas

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

hitchensgoespop posted:

Out of curiosity, what did they think when they saw bran again in Ep10?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Cygni posted:

I was thinkin', how much do we really trust that Qybrun, guy who is known to steal bodies to do creepy resurrection trails on them, actually cremated Tommen?

Vote Zombie Tommen 2017.

I think the difference there is that Tommen is already really really dead whereas the Mountain was slowly dying from poison when Qyburn got to him so he was able to work some of his zombie fuckery.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Does anybody wonder if 'Sansa (mb w/ Littlefinger) shows up with the Vale army and saves the day' was one of GRRM's bulletpoints, and the show wrote themselves into a dumbass corner replacing Jeyne with Sansa and taking her out of her book plot?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

the jizz taxi posted:

Also they should give the Dreadfort to Davos for his trouble and call it the Beardfort

Give it to Hot Pie and call it the Breadfort.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I think the difference there is that Tommen is already really really dead whereas the Mountain was slowly dying from poison when Qyburn got to him so he was able to work some of his zombie fuckery.

Quite frankly there shouldn't have been a body to show Cersei, though I guess that depends on how high up the window he jumped from was.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah I get those when I eat fajitas

I laughed.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

Does anybody wonder if 'Sansa (mb w/ Littlefinger) shows up with the Vale army and saves the day' was one of GRRM's bulletpoints, and the show wrote themselves into a dumbass corner replacing Jeyne with Sansa and taking her out of her book plot?

My roommate and I figured that's what's going to happen. And then Jeyne just dissolves into the mist and Sansa and Jon's story of her trying to get power from him will spin off from there. And actually work better since LF will have been schoolingher the whole time and she didn't just run to him to be rescued, but whatever! The show is gonna give us an ending!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

WampaLord posted:

Quite frankly there shouldn't have been a body to show Cersei, though I guess that depends on how high up the window he jumped from was.

It'd have to be pretty loving high for that hardcore a splat. I hate knowing this firsthand, but a fall from 100+ feet can still allow an open casket.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Sansa III
Corbray kills Harry the Heir at the tournament and Shadrich takes advantage of the chaos to kidnap Sansa, intending to sell her to the Boltons. Just go with it.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Propaganda Machine posted:

It'd have to be pretty loving high for that hardcore a splat. I hate knowing this firsthand, but a fall from 100+ feet can still allow an open casket.

Ya learn something new every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

For reference, the observation deck on the Empire State building is on the 86th floor, more than a 1000ft up, and that jump can leave a perfectly viewable corpse.

Also I don't think there is really any drop from which people splatter. If your parachute doesn't open you're going to be a mess, but people aren't water balloons, they don't just erupt into a mist when they hit something sufficiently hard.

• Locked thread