Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

PM Bojo, Chancellor and/or Foreign Secretary Farage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Hey you know the old dude with the Vermin shirt?

Turns out the people with their arms round him are a Progress employee and a 'social media professional'.

Sound familiar?
https://t.co/VtqM5O3Yxg

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Tesseraction posted:

I did, what does that have to do with pissflaps hand-wringing about Corbyn?

Why did you vote leave and are you happy with the consequences? Just curious.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

No, but the great minds of this thread vacilate nightly between admitting he'll never win an election and pretending he will.

you're phoning it in with all this wringing

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I bet every Tory out there is going to bed each night wishing that Nigel Farage would shut the gently caress up before he makes things even worse.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gotta try for it, pissflaps

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Turns out the people with their arms round him are a Progress employee and a 'social media professional'.

Sound familiar?

What's British English for astroturf?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Could Corbyn seriously deselect 100's of people and come back from this? And actually not get reamed by a UKIP-Tory coalition?

It's not Corbyn that deselects people, it's the CLP:s. And given his support among the party membership, he would have a good chance of having a lot of parachuted Blairites deselected.

This is probably part of why they're this desperate.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's not Corbyn that deselects people, it's the CLP:s. And given his support among the party membership, he would have a good chance of having a lot of parachuted Blairites deselected.

This is probably part of why they're this desperate.

But why should a party possibly do what's in the interest of its members???

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ghetto Prince posted:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1W

Well gently caress, I thought the Bank of England had stopped the bleeding, but this is starting to look really bad.
As far as I can see it's still better than 2008 by a gnat's pube hair, and it's not like the world's financial system collapsed into a burning heap back then or anything.

Stop scaremongering!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hollismason posted:

Self loathing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

blowfish posted:

We have AstroTurf over here, too. I flayed my legs on it often enough at school.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

CommieGIR posted:

What was Nigel Farage thinking, going to Brussels to gloat while his economy crashes?

"Check out my trash fire that's burning down the house. Neat, huh?"

He's gonna show up in the media e.t.c as a renta-gob like katie hopkins but in terms of any political power he's sunk. UKIP don't really have much purpose or popularity if brexit or a semi-brexit :flaccid: goes ahead (they already lost a lot of funding from backers and they won't even be able to sponge off the eu anymore) He has nothing left to lose by insulting the eu a bunch, but gains attention for it, and his supporters and potential future audience will lap it up.

Gonzo McFee posted:

I just joined the Labour party.

The things I do for my love of an old man and his jam.

I can't bring myself to do it while blair was associated with labour and a good solid, khrushchev denouncing stalin style corb speech will do that. That and they will probably cancel his membership what with him being a loving war criminal.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

blowfish posted:

Astroturf.

Glad to help.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Why is it called AstroTurf it makes no sense

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fans posted:

"We need to get rid of Corbyn so we can win elections" says Group that keep losing elections to Corbyn.

"Look how easily Trump won the Republican primary, time to clear out a jail cell for Crooked Hillary because he'll win every state!" shout loyal Trump supporters as they dismiss every poll showing him losing terribly being a plot by the hated Blairites GOP establishment.

The fundamental problem with Corbyn isn't his ideology it's that he's a poo poo leader more interested in maintaining his sense of personal purity than actually serving as leader of the Labour Party(i.e., by running a pro-Remain campaign that wasn't a cross between a wet fart and a long sigh) and his most fanatical supporters seem to be primarily motivated by a schizoid terror of the Blairites they see every time they close their eyes.

blowfish posted:

I'd rather see Labour lose under Corbyn

I have good news for you

quote:

One in four UK Labour voters is unlikely to support the party any more after the Brexit referendum, local media reported on Tuesday, citing an internal survey conducted by YouGov.

The party potentially lost 27 percent of voters, who cast their ballot for Labour at the last general elections, in its referendum campaign, persuading British nationals to vote for the Remain camp, the poll shows, according to The Guardian.

thespaceinvader posted:

Sound familiar?

It does sound familiar, although in the US the conspiracy theorists prefer the term "crisis actor" or "false flag".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

ShredsYouSay posted:

Could Corbyn seriously deselect 100's of people and come back from this? And actually not get reamed by a UKIP-Tory coalition?

Probably not, no. But the PLP have made it so that even if Corbyn were to resign and endorse whoever came next that Labour won't win the next election.

Now if the PLP had taken their medicine when their chosen one Liz Kendall got slaughtered, their second choice Yvette Cooper got decimated and the third option they resigned to letting win because he was as left wing as they're willing to let on a ballot Andy Burnham got beaten firmly then Corbyn would be commanding an impressive lead and probably would end up being the next PM. But they spent his entire time in the spotlight reacting like children who were told they couldn't have their sweets so here we are. Voting for Corbyn again because at least he's willing to stand up to racism at a time when we're dangerously close to open fascism becoming a leading force in British politics.

The Insect Court posted:

"Look how easily Trump won the Republican primary, time to clear out a jail cell for Crooked Hillary because he'll win every state!" shout loyal Trump supporters as they dismiss every poll showing him losing terribly being a plot by the hated Blairites GOP establishment.

The fundamental problem with Corbyn isn't his ideology it's that he's a poo poo leader more interested in maintaining his sense of personal purity than actually serving as leader of the Labour Party(i.e., by running a pro-Remain campaign that wasn't a cross between a wet fart and a long sigh) and his most fanatical supporters seem to be primarily motivated by a schizoid terror of the Blairites they see every time they close their eyes.

I have good news for you

It does sound familiar, although in the US the conspiracy theorists prefer the term "crisis actor" or "false flag".

Speaking of open fascism. gently caress off.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 28, 2016

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Hollismason posted:

The actual product or the fake grassroots movements

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Hoops posted:

Let's just knock this leadership election out quickly. If Corbyn wins a big mandate, he wins the battle, end of. Right now he's in this very awkward position of a brutal insult from his party, while pointing to a leadership election that happened ages ago in political terms.

lol like gently caress, he conclusively won the leadership battle 9 months ago and has exceeded every arbitrary test set for him in the hope that he'd fail and give and excuse for kicking him out.

When he wins again, gently caress knows what will happen, it'll be better than the alternative but I'm getting the nagging feeling (hope being, of course, a mistake) that it will not be good.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I'm not, as I said previously I'd have preferred to have had this referendum under completely different circumstances, but decided that as a single voter I would vote Leave on the principles of Dennis Skinner and the 'Lexit' (ugghhh gently caress that term) crowd. I feel the EU is subsidising the lovely right-wing governments of the Eastern Bloc, pushes through poorly thought out economic policy and I personally dislike Britain's 'special snowflake' relationship with the EU. If I was a policy maker, i.e. in Cameron's position, I would have not put this to referendum because he was playing with fire.

But seeing as I doubted me and other idiosyncratic Leave voters were going to be the ones to swing the referendum, I voted Leave instead of spoiling my ballot. In hindsight I would have spoiled the ballot.

This isn't to say I don't share responsibility for the outcome, I just find it funny that people point to me as if I am literally all 17 million leave voters in person.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hollismason posted:

It was first used at the Houston Astrodome. Which was, in turn, named because of Houston's association with NASA.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Just realised PMQs is tomorrow. It's going to be anarchy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Dang, double post.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

tooterfish posted:

As far as I can see it's still better than 2008 by a gnat's pube hair, and it's not like the world's financial system collapsed into a burning heap back then or anything.

Stop scaremongering!

Actually no, it's 0.3% below Jan 10 2009, which is the previous lowest value on those charts.

In fact it is a 31 year low, according to the reports after the referendum (and seeing that the value hasn't changed much since)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Hollismason posted:

It was invented for use in the AstroDome in Houston, Texas.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

UrbicaMortis posted:

It will be David Cameron alternating between two answers 1) we've already taken some harsh decisions, and 2) I won't be here in 3 months so I don't know lol

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Private Speech posted:

Actually no, it's 0.3% below Jan 10 2009, which is the previous lowest value on their charts.

In fact it is a 31 year low, according to the reporting after the referendum (and seeing that the value hasn't shifted much)
Lies!

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

UrbicaMortis posted:

Maybe Corbyn and Cameron will just go "Backbench are cunts right?" "Yeah" then go out for drinks.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I don't think Corbyn can win a general election, but I don't think anyone with decent policies is going to for the next ten years or so. That's the price we pay for having literally zero political dissent towards the rightward march we've been on for two decades.

I'll back a left-wing candidate over anything else regardless of electability because it's better to have a bad government with a powerful opposition to keep their worst excesses in check than two interchangeably bad parties trading power based on who can write "CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION" in the biggest font on the most things.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fans posted:

Maybe Corbyn and Cameron will just go "Backbench are cunts right?" "Yeah" then go out for drinks.

If they spent PMQs just dunking on the opposition's backstabbers I might actually pat Cameron on the back if I ever met him IRL.

Before punching him in the face.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Corbyn can win if the north really starts hurting before the next GE

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

baka kaba posted:

I dunno, the pissflaps meme could go viral any day now
Why do you think this?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

So basically the modus operandi for the current British leadership is "gently caress you got mine" in all respects?

Go watch The Lion in Winter. It will tell you everything you need to know about everyone involved in UK politics then, now and forever.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

I don't think Corbyn can win a general election, but I don't think anyone with decent policies is going to for the next ten years or so. That's the price we pay for having literally zero political dissent towards the rightward march we've been on for two decades.

I'll back a left-wing candidate over anything else regardless of electability because it's better to have a bad government with a powerful opposition to keep their worst excesses in check than two interchangeably bad parties trading power based on who can write "CONTROLS ON IMMIGRATION" in the biggest font on the most things.

Yeah, pretty much. Corbyn is severely unlikely to win an election but he's also the best hope the party have at this point - they've been so utterly hosed by vacuous spads being parachuted in that there's only a tiny proportion of people with functioning brains. Blair killed Labour for a generation.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

qhat posted:

Corbyn can win if the north really starts hurting before the next GE

How the gently caress do you think the North is feeling now

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

David Cameron spends entire time pointing at Boris Johnson's seat.

It's empty.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Also I think Corbyn can win. Anti-establishment is in right now and Corbyn is promising something different, which people have made very clear they want.

If his Party stopped doing everything they could to make Labour look like a garbage fire they'd actually be ahead in the polls. Hell they've got this mess going on and they're still breaking even.

gently caress the PLP. Corbyn will outlast them and maybe even pick up some votes from people going "It's disgusting what they're doing to you. You're a good lad"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Biggus Dickus posted:

Why do you think this?

urinary tract infections are pretty common

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Kaislioc posted:

David Cameron spends entire time pointing at Boris Johnson's seat.

It's empty.
If Gove or Boz don't bother turning up to the house tomorrow either, they should be tried for loving treason.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

How the gently caress do you think the North is feeling now
Leave voters up here still seem pretty happy about the result tbh.

I don't think they realise quite how hosed we are yet. Or maybe I'm the one who's got it wrong, and the gurning demagogues who convinced them all Britain is about to enter a golden age are right. Who knows!

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

qhat posted:

It will be David Cameron alternating between two answers 1) we've already taken some harsh decisions, and 2) I won't be here in 3 months so I don't know lol

lol no it won't it will be Cameron making snide comments about the coup attempt and the entirety of the house jeering at Corbs in response except for his shadow cabinet, Dennis Skinner and the SNP.

• Locked thread