Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wolfsheim posted:

Thunderbro I don't necessarily disagree with you that rich people want to continue to accumulate as much wealth as possible and will gladly gently caress over anyone to do it, I mean that's not even a terribly controversial statement.

The stretch is that you think Trump acting like a big tantrum-throwing baby who thinks everyone should be fawning over him constantly for the last few decades was all some kind of act, and in reality he's a mastermind who's been forging secret deals with legislators this entire time all to bring down the globalists. Like, is there any indication or evidence other than "I want this to happen"?

Also :laffo: at military families being somehow more in the know, the military has always skewed heavily conservative even during the Bush years when they were actively being hosed by him.

No you don't get us Trumpians

A big whiny baby threw tantrums for decades because mommy and daddy globalist wouldn't let him sit at the big kids table

He tried and tried, with golf and lavish jets and still they laughed at him and told him he'd never be good enough

So after a boiling point (WH correspondence dinner) he fumed, grabbed an assault rifle called THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and he is now going to have his revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

Yes it would be, but in the current global environment that is utterly impossible. It's why Bernie's tax plan is completely unfeasible. A ham-handed increase to taxes would just cause billionaires to flee the country en-masse, because it's kind of the nature of what they've worked that they're able to flee any border that wants to actually get fair taxes out of them. If you root them out they will just immediately take their things and root in another country. Right now the best course of action is to paint the spotlight directly on them, so they'll never be accepted back if they run with the money, and make America itself an amenable environment to remain in while we plug up the laws they are abusing.

No, I don't agree with your idea that Trump will spew GOP policy. They've had to pull all the weight possible just to get him to moderate his tone, they're going to be in a world of poo poo trying to pull him right.

seems to me that only global action could prevent this. perhaps... globalism is good??!!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's right, in the sense that saying racist over and over is effective and Trump won't win if he can't figure out the way to beat that strategy.

not being racist would help imho

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Trump should have buffed his Persuasive Killshot resists before starting the bossfight. rookie mistake

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

babypolis posted:

seems to me that only global action could prevent this. perhaps... globalism is good??!!

like dissolves like

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump should hire dilbert

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Thunderbro posted:

You're sitting here having a rousing laugh at Trump's speech on ((( globalism ))). Peel your eyes open and look at the speech.

No. Why do you think Trump's positions are going to do what you think is needed against "globalists"?

Thunderbro posted:

wait so people actually support a war criminal whose security breaches can be read in direct primary sources I thought this was some sort of novice level trolling

Stop deflecting

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

babypolis posted:

Global trading is a good thing! Just not when all the profit goes to a handful of human beings in a population of 7 billion human beings!

Pook Good Mook posted:

No. Why do you think Trump's positions are going to do what you think is needed against "globalists"?

Stop deflecting

I think the proposals laid out in his leaked speech against globalism are a good start against globalists :)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Thunderbro posted:

Yes, this post is very much about discussing the issues!

No, I mean, like, what are you basing the 'master strategist' part on. If all the generic republican talking points are just pandering to dumb southerners, how do you know that his plan to stop the globalists aren't just pandering to alt-right infowars types? And is the thin-skinned narcissist part also part of the act or just his normal personality (and not cause for concern)?

Who is the real Donald Trump to you, and how can you tell?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He's right, in the sense that saying racist over and over is effective and Trump won't win if he can't figure out the way to beat that strategy.

perhaps a time machine that allows him to go back in time to before he said his racist statements

Or he could be like "I said all that stuff...on opposite day."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Wolfsheim posted:

No, I mean, like, what are you basing the 'master strategist' part on. If all the generic republican talking points are just pandering to dumb southerners, how do you know that his plan to stop the globalists aren't just pandering to alt-right infowars types? And is the thin-skinned narcissist part also part of the act or just his normal personality (and not cause for concern)?

All the things he says to those groups I don't like is base pandering because a vote is a vote. But all the good things he says are true and real.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why in the world is Trump campaigning in the Texas panhandle this afternoon?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Oiled and Ready posted:

A big whiny baby threw tantrums for decades because mommy and daddy globalist wouldn't let him sit at the big kids table

He tried and tried, with golf and lavish jets and still they laughed at him and told him he'd never be good enough

So after a boiling point (WH correspondence dinner) he fumed, grabbed an assault rifle called THE AMERICAN PEOPLE and he is now going to have his revenge

This makes a little more sense but how do you know it's a globalist conspiracy and not just other billionaires personally disliking Trump because of his extremely obnoxious personality?

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Wolfsheim posted:

The part where he blew out the 16 GOP candidate lineup, hilarious the entire way, breaking every primary record with less than 100 campaign staffers. Efficient!

The real Donald Trump is [whatever I want him to be]. I'll just go along with the rest of your post because that's fun.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

if elected i will jail my opponent

that's Manafort's influence, no doubt

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Wolfsheim posted:

Because his trade policies are the only thing that remain unchanged since interviews done in 1988.

Other thinskinned narcissists yell at their secret service officers or pee on them when they are upset, or they blow off steam with an intern in the oval. Trump...says mean things. Considering what foreign representatives have said about him (UK parliament members, for one), tweeting "you are a failure and/or wrong" seems fairly restrained to me. He only really goes ham on the journalists, because they both love and deserve the abuse.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

zoux posted:

Same reason he does every nonsensical thing in his campaign.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

Global trading is a good thing! Just not when all the profit goes to a handful of human beings in a population of 7 billion human beings!

trading creates wealth. there are many problems with the distribution of that wealth, but not all of it is gobbled up by "globalists"

protectionism will accomplish nothing for a post industrialist society like the us and in fact will actively harm the country. you said it yourself, capital will just flee when threatened in any way, only concerted action by most of the world can stop that. so how will isolationism accomplish anything?

again, the problem is not trade, its the distribution of that wealth. and trump has showed time and time again that hes running to benefit himself and his rich ilk. its delusional to think he will actually do anything for the working class

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

where can i donate to get a personalized brick on the wall

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

This makes a little more sense but how do you know it's a globalist conspiracy and not just other billionaires personally disliking Trump because of his extremely obnoxious personality?

Oh that makes it easier for them, definitely. But if his actual message was still stock GOP anti-black racism they would be donating to him.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oiled and Ready posted:

So you're going to get him a seat at the table and be locked outside still.
Like, where is anything to make you think that he isn't still out for himself in that scenario? Being mad at old money using causes new money people to be even shittier to the people below them. Which lines up with Trump's robber baron mo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

trump goes where all the idiots at

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a train wreck joke fellas

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I appreciate this thread because it gets people to come in with hushed tones and serious looks and say "But what about the illuminati????" except they're absolutely loving serious about it

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Is "globalists" just another way for conspiracy theorists to say "the illuminati" without sounding retarded?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

TheTatteredKing posted:

So you're going to get him a seat at the table and be locked outside still.
Like, where is anything to make you think that he isn't still out for himself in that scenario? Being mad at old money using causes new money people to be even shittier to the people below them. Which lines up with Trump's robber baron mo

Who in the entire world that could ever be president is not out for themselves and would allow me to personally pull up a chair at the table?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

is loving doobie writing his fund raising emails now?

INDICTMENTS.............piled high

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

Karl Barks posted:

not attacking you but god drat it john marshall's blog posts are so badly written. editor needs an editor.

Agreed. Great reporting but...yeah.

Trained as a historian, and you can tell.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary.......IN THE CELL

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

Is "globalists" just another way for conspiracy theorists to say "the illuminati" without sounding retarded?

In principle, except that people who say "globalists" still sound retarded.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Crows Turn Off posted:

you already know the answer to this question

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Crows Turn Off posted:

Do you really want to play that game after the Brexit referendum?

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

I appreciate this thread because it gets people to come in with hushed tones and serious looks and say "But what about the illuminati????" except they're absolutely loving serious about it

The richest people in the world all meet at Bilderberg like every loving year to openly plan the direction of global politics, you bet I'm absolutely loving serious

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

Trump honestly has no loving idea how an actual campaign works or why it does what it does.

Like, him coming to San Antonio/Dallas/Houston on the fundraising thing a while back at least made nominal sense, but this is just loving dumb.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Do you really want to play that game after the Brexit referendum?
No. :(

Let me just throw out a crazy opinion and just add that I think a healthy mix of globalized and domestic economies is the best.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

fade5 posted:

Trump honestly has no loving idea how an actual campaign works or why it does what it does.

Like, him coming to San Antonio/Dallas/Houston on the fundraising thing a while back at least made nominal sense, but this is just loving dumb.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-trains-fiery-wreck-texas-panhandle/

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Who in the entire world that could ever be president is not out for themselves and would allow me to personally pull up a chair at the table?

Well duh no one is going to give to a chair to obnoxiously continue this metaphor, but the gop keeps you locked out of the house in the rain let alone at the table. What has Trump done to suggest he'll lift all boats with a rising tide?
Democrats at least seem interested in keeping the proles fed to avoid the guillotine in the most cynical assessment

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Oiled and Ready posted:

The richest people in the world all meet at Bilderberg like every loving year to openly plan the direction of global politics, you bet I'm absolutely loving serious

Have you ever seen the movie The conspiracy? Pretty good horror movie, and it's on Netflix

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Oiled and Ready posted:

What are your feelings on the trilateral commission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

He only really goes ham on the journalists, because they both love and deserve the abuse.

• Locked thread