Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yeah, go by yourself if you want to see it. My kids won't watch these and my wife isn't all that interested so I go alone most the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

grahf987 posted:

Can anybody post on the experience of going by yourself to one of these things that is fully packed? I don't know anybody in my new area (around Austin) and this feels like a once in a lifetime thing that I would not want to miss. Id gladly buy a MsT3k'ers ticket in Austin if they would entertain the thought?
You'll be listening to the movies and the riffs, so whether or not someone you know is sitting next to you in the dark is somewhat irrelevant.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Robert Denby posted:

Would not be surprised if this one gets pulled. It was released as "Great White" in the US and was the subject of a lawsuit by Universal Pictures, which got it withdrawn from distribution (after it'd made a tidy profit for its distributor Film Ventures).

The funny thing is a distributor inquired about it 5-10 years ago, and was told by Universal, that they still consider the injunction valid and would enforce it.

I had the AWE DVD release which proudly (and incorrectly) bills it as the movie that "Steven Spielberg banned forever!" :lol:

If you have free access to Lexis Nexis or Westlaw via school or work you can find that actual case if you want to read it.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 18, 2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
This is the greatest shark movie since Turkish Jaws

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I was convinced that this was an alternate title for Bruno Mattei's "Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws" until I IMDB'd it. How can there be two batshit insane Jaws ripoffs from Italy? I thought all Italy specialized in was cheapo Night of the Living Dead cash-ins/

There are actually a couple of Jaws ripoffs from Italy. Lamberto Bava did one.

Also lots of Exorcist knockoffs Mario Bava even got stuck doing one.

Italy did a lot more then just Zombi films.

2DCAT posted:

This is the greatest shark movie since Turkish Jaws
Look at this scrub who never saw Cruel Jaws starring Hulk Hogan. :colbert:

They're actually both magical in their own ways

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Oh, poo poo. The Last Shark was filmed in my hometown.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

gfanikf posted:

There are actually a couple of Jaws ripoffs from Italy. Lamberto Bava did one.

Wasn't Devil Fish basically an Italian Jaws ripoff? Just with a Sharktopus instead of the regular kind.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Yeah, The Last Shark is a pretty good riff.

That helicopter scene was something special

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The song for the title credits of The Last Shark, Hollywood Big Time, are on youtube. In case you really wanted to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqfHP7pWH4k

Even without the rifftrac I can't make out what the lyrics are and if it's all in English or only partially in English.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

gfanikf posted:

Also lots of Exorcist knockoffs Mario Bava even got stuck doing one.

House of Exorcism is actually a recut version of Lisa and the Devil with a bunch inserts. It's really bad on a bunch of levels, and the Exorcism cut doesn't even make sense. Lisa and the Devil on its own, however, is a fantastic Bava film.

Beyond the Door is a passable Italian Exorcist clone and much superior to House of Exorcism (although very inferior to Lisa and the Devil).

The golden standard of Exorcist ripoffs is actually the Turkish ripoff SEYTAN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQT2lECrBZI

Also going back to Jaws ripoffs, the Mexican ripoff (Tintorera) holds a special place for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qxdLCl46Nw

InfiniteZero fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 21, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just slightly related but Berberian Sound Studio was supposed to be pretty good. I never got a chance to check it out.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone going to the Minneapolis show next week?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So, I just watched Behavior of Domestic-Pigs in a semi-natural Pig-Park for the first time.

How have I never seen this before? This is a great (and extremely gross) short. There is a scene that easily rivals that scene from Zlateh the Goat and the tail from This is Hormel.

:barf:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Canned Panda posted:

So, I just watched Behavior of Domestic-Pigs in a semi-natural Pig-Park for the first time.

How have I never seen this before? This is a great (and extremely gross) short. There is a scene that easily rivals that scene from Zlateh the Goat and the tail from This is Hormel.

:barf:

How bad can it be?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

How bad can it be?

Blood squirting pig vagina

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Canned Panda posted:

GWAR album names are getting a little too on-the-nose

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Looks like we know the next RiffTrax Live show! MOTHRA, on August 18!

http://www.pbandawesome.com/2016/06/rifftrax-live-mothra-coming-august-18.html

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Canned Panda posted:

What the odds they can do a VoD for this? It a old movie, but it also Sandy Franks...

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
IIRC Sony owns it now and they're on great terms with Rifftrax.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

grahf987 posted:

Can anybody post on the experience of going by yourself to one of these things that is fully packed? I don't know anybody in my new area (around Austin) and this feels like a once in a lifetime thing that I would not want to miss. Id gladly buy a MsT3k'ers ticket in Austin if they would entertain the thought?

It's completely fine. It's a nerd event, so it's semi-welcoming if you want it to be but also if you want to be left alone, also fine.

I have to show up more than an hour early (sometimes) to the shows during the summer because you never know if Fathom or Fandango has heard of the Arizona time zone and if the show will start in Pacific or Mountain time and I've called ahead and the person has been wrong before, so sitting there alone in a full lit theater for an hour can feel weird. But since I know there probably aren't any jocks there to give me swirlies, I"m ok with playing something on my 3DS or a game on my phone for an hour. Or, during the last one, watching playoff basketball on my phone.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Robert Denby posted:

IIRC Sony owns it now and they're on great terms with Rifftrax.

Oh good. Is that why Shout was able to re-release the Godzilla episodes and Time of the Ape?

Anyway, Mothra should be a fun movie to mock. The Godzilla and distant cousin Gorgo are classic episodes. Shame the later only air once, so I never got watch it much on Sci-Fi Channel.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
They actually made a deal with Sandy Frank or whoever owns his library and were able to get the MSTed Gamera movies on DVD a couple years ago. That set is out of print now though. The "Mothra" show should be pretty fun. You can get "Mothra" with two other Toho pics "The H-Man" and "Battle in Outer Space" in a very nice DVD package (new transfers, both English and Japanese audio) for :10bux: on Amazon.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Rirse posted:

What the odds they can do a VoD for this? It a old movie, but it also Sandy Franks...

:aaaaa:

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

2DCAT posted:

Anyone going to the Minneapolis show next week?

My husband and I are going. Gonna hang out on the patio at Butcher and the Boar before hand. I am pretty excited. I maybe paid a little too much for tickets on the floor, but it should be a good time. The only other Rifftrax Live I've been to was Manos (in a theater) and that was fun as hell.

I am just a little worried about Jonah Ray. He can stop making that stupid face already.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Canned Panda posted:

No way. Really? Is it a short meant for vet schools? That makes sense for a vet school.

This does give me a bit more hope they'll do a slightly edited take on Surviving Edged Weapons.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

RandomPauI posted:

No way. Really? Is it a short meant for vet schools? That makes sense for a vet school.

It was meant for a college zoology class, it seems.

Also, totally stoked for the Mothra event.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Canned Panda posted:

Oh Goddammit. gently caress Cineplex for cutting Canada out. :canada:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Mothra is a legit good movie, but I'm not sure the riff is gonna manage to make the twist ending any funnier than it already is.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Rirse posted:

Sandy Frank, Sandy Frank, source of all our pain!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
gently caress me this ain't the right thread

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

June was a crazy month for me and I forgot this was tonight.

Sold out in both places. :smithicide:

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Should be fun up in Minneapolis at the live show!!

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
So everyone appearing tonight did a press conference yesterday. Its about an hour long and while nothing exciting about any future things was mentioned, its pretty funny. The biggest takeaway was some of the parings for the show. Sounds like Bridget and Mary Jo for one short and Joel and Jonah for another one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHXXX288zQ

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

P good seats imo

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Actually pretty busy for a live event at my theatre. One guy has a professional looking Tom Servo and a guy in a Joel style jumpsuit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh snap. Instead of rifftunes they're playing songs from the show.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've got all the preroll images, I'll upload them when I get home. Might take a bit to shrink em all down a little (what's the best, easiest to do that, btw?), but still.

I haven't heard I Think I'm A Clone Now in at least a decade.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 29, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this? posted:

Actually pretty busy for a live event at my theatre. One guy has a professional looking Tom Servo and a guy in a Joel style jumpsuit.

Yeah this is far more than I've ever seen for one of these here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of slides some guy actually started yelling about Ghostbusters when they did the slide making fun of people complaining about their childhood being ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Pretty great to hear Patrick Swayze Christmas and the waffle song in a crowd again.

• Locked thread