Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Some chinos and a nicely pressed short sleeved shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
my favorite neil hamburger joke is the ET and reese's pieces joke

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Sintax posted:

You callin Hamburger a gimmick cus imabout to throw down. He plays a character on stage, just like any comedian but much more obviously so. Lord knows nobody would want to watch Gregg Turkington do standup!

Didn't "Tony Clifton" do this already?

You should watch Entertainment. It's really good.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Get some Key Lime Pie A La Mode.

I'm talking about Ice Cream on the Side.

I don't know why but that's hilarious to me.

The whole thing is amazing.

"Listen, the wife's going out tonight, I'm gonna have the guys over, we're gonna watch the fish on the big screen, I'm gonna grill up some brats. I got a micro brew chillin' in my wetbar and I was gonna warm up some ziti. Why don't you come by if you got some triple-fried pizza dough or some kind of frozen meatballs or whatever it is you can warm it up in my microwave. Or you could warm it up back at home, bring it over pipin' hot. But if you wanna bring over a vegetable medley, a crudités, figure out how much lunch meat you can spare, maybe bring over a pound and a half, two pounds of black forest ham, maybe a Dijon mustard spread, any kind of desert, maybe a German chocolate cake or something like that. I tell ya what'd make you a big hit with the dudes is get some key lime pie a la mode, I'm talkin' about ice cream on the side. And you have got to have a bite of my homemade ziti, I'm just gonna warm her up, she's been in the freeze. You know what I love are those hot mozzarella sticks, cube 'em up, put 'em in some marinara sauce and have them on standby. Of course you can't go wrong with some sour cream and onion so long as you bring ridged chips"

edit: I wanna try and memorize it before my new neighbor moves in

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 30, 2016

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

edit: I wanna try and memorize it before my new neighbor moves in

If he knows the reference you'll have a friend for life or he'll call the cops then and there

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Either way he'll remember it for life

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

i don't "get" tim and eric

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
they are terrible but once in a while have a funny skit

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

there was a recent episode of hit podcast The Best Show where Tim called in out of character and he seems like a really chill and cool guy.

i mean, i didnt doubt he was, but sometimes the super good at acting ones are mean

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Dumbass.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I don't "get" people who don't get Tim and Eric. What's so complicated about their humor?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Tim and Eric should have been tapped for the MST3k reboot, but instead of making fun of the movies we're watching on screen, they'd be making fun of the movies they'd be watching on their phones or tablets that we can't see or hear.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Tried watching Entertainment last night and didn't "get" it. I "got" The Comedy which is kinda what I was expecting. So i dunno. Will try and finish it over the weekend.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Drunken Baker posted:

Tried watching Entertainment last night and didn't "get" it. I "got" The Comedy which is kinda what I was expecting. So i dunno. Will try and finish it over the weekend.

there's nothing to "get" other than it being bad enough to not be enjoyable and pretentious enough to mislead dumdums into thinking that was the point.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Nanomashoes posted:

I don't "get" people who don't get Tim and Eric. What's so complicated about their humor?

:shrug:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I thought the T and E movie was better than I was expecting

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
shrim

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Shrim begin?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a seafood restaurant down at the marina it's called Delgrangos.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
robert loggia was in the middle of alzheimer's when they made the tim and eric movie

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

comes along bort posted:

robert loggia was in the middle of alzheimer's when they made the tim and eric movie

He remembered his lines, that's the important thing. Besides, it's not like half the people who have ever worked with them weren't mentally ill or deficient in some way.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm still not sure how to approach the whole deal with Richard Dunn, clearly at the edge of death for years, all the recurring jokes about him dying or almost dying, and then him dying for real at the end of the show

E: in a finale that involved all the other recurring weird old men pretend dying

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I'm still not sure how to approach the whole deal with Richard Dunn, clearly at the edge of death for years, all the recurring jokes about him dying or almost dying, and then him dying for real at the end of the show

I don't think the jokes were about him dying so much as about him being old and a terrible actor. Besides, he'll always be remembered best as Brett Favre on the unforgettable 51st episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.

E: I concede that his character died in his last T&E appearance.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Isn't the guy who plays James Squall like a real life crackhead?

Honestly when I found out a lot of the actors in the show were people were basically homeless people or mentally ill it kinda skeeved me out for some reason, mostly because it kind of seemed like T and E were basically exploiting them.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

Honestly when I found out a lot of the actors in the show were people were basically homeless people or mentally ill it kinda skeeved me out for some reason, mostly because it kind of seemed like T and E were basically exploiting them.

They give the mentally ill WORK. They're practically a charity.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

facebook jihad posted:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

facebook jihad posted:

half of hollywood is on crack or crazy are you offended by every movie that comes out?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

facebook jihad posted:

most of them seem glad to have the work tbh

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

Sure, but they aren't asking them to do anything illegal, so it's technically more ethical than the Bumfights of yore.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
Today I watched the awful awful new FF movie. Tim was Reed Richards stepfather. He was criminally underused.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I like the one where they go to the alternate universe where there's a bunch of ricks and a bunch of mortys and they have to prove rick's innocence or something like that

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Yeah so Tim and Eric is a satire of pop culture as well as people n general. If you don't get it then you're a basic bitch who doesn't operate at that level and are akin to a crustacean or single cell organism.

Tim's genius seems to be well understood but Eric is a master of physical comedy.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Of all the hosed up weirdos they have on their shows the guy who plays Pablo Myers is somehow the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9amo_x_Sg4

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Wizard Master posted:

Of all the hosed up weirdos they have on their shows the guy who plays Pablo Myers is somehow the worst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9amo_x_Sg4

thank you for posting this extremely funny comedy gold from masters of the comedy craft, Tim Heidecker and Eric The Fat One of Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job™ fame

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I used to really hate Tim & Eric, but one day I was stoned, and with some fairly new friends. Most of my closer friends had left town for college. I dunno why, but I found myself at 20 years old, in a roach infested apartment, of some guy I didn't know very well, who lived with his mom and sister, in the worst part of east plano, and one of my new friends was over 21 so he bought us all beers. We were getting stoned and we were boozing up, then we'd come in, and binge watch tim and eric. I was just trying to be polite and make friends, so I put up with it. Well, something about the environment, the weird as poo poo environment, plus my altered state, made me start laughing like a loving idiot, and soon we were all cackling at this stupid poo poo.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWZw1bUeoMY
I like this guy, makes me want to have some canned meat.

Oldest Trick in the Diaper Book
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6a8dAGO1Uo

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 2, 2016

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

paco650 posted:

thank you for posting this extremely funny comedy gold from masters of the comedy craft, Tim Heidecker and Eric The Fat One of Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job™ fame

np.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

wide stance posted:

Yeah so Tim and Eric is a satire of pop culture as well as people n general. If you don't get it then you're a basic bitch who doesn't operate at that level and are akin to a crustacean or single cell organism.

Tim's genius seems to be well understood but Eric is a master of physical comedy.

Yeah I don't begrudge people who dislike them but they definitely get slotted into my "has poor taste entirely" mental category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

facebook jihad posted:

They've said in a bunch of interviews that they do their best not to veer into exploitation. They don't want a Whack Pack type situation.

wide stance posted:

Yeah, that is at the core of what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Cj8J00-Us

Absolute Lithops fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 2, 2016

• Locked thread