Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zero really loves this fuckin snail huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

Artix posted:

Transporter room: Got the 5 digit number from above the nucleus (27951), stuck it through the converter, got 12/9/5/1. I assume those are the cards I need for the little card game thing but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what the AI card is and the best I've gotten is three wins followed by the two sun cards destroying each other, then nothing happens. I figured pretty much everything else out, but this last bit is completely incomprehensible to me.

I think that The game thing is just to help you work out the ordering. "The sensor" is in the nucleus itself, click just below the thing that displays the code number.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

hyphz posted:

I think that The game thing is just to help you work out the ordering. "The sensor" is in the nucleus itself, click just below the thing that displays the code number.

transporter room I would have never guessed to click on it if i didn't see a video

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Control Room music is very good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I just got to the BIGGEST REVELATION IN ZERO ESCAPE HISTORY

This changes EVERYTHING

D team, post trash room Phi has RED HAIR!? :eyepop:

I know someone is going to take me seriously, the thing under tags is not significant at all

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In case anyone is wondering about the 1/216 thing I got three ones my third try so I'm either the luckiest dude alive or the rng is skewed

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

:lol::lol: the Monty Hall scene

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Cake Attack posted:

In case anyone is wondering about the 1/216 thing I got three ones my third try so I'm either the luckiest dude alive or the rng is skewed

Isn't that also coincidentally the drop rate for the 'legendary' items in Earthbound like the Sword of Kings and Goddess Ribbon etc as well?

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I have no idea why I'm so stumped in the healing room. I found all the keys in the harpsichord, filled the glass and pitcher with water, did the bud puzzle, stabbed the poster, and noted some weird stuff but I have no idea what to actually do next.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This is not a happy game, huh

Regy Rusty posted:

Zero really loves this fuckin snail huh

Radical - 6 is inspired.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 29, 2016

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

hyphz posted:

You can click on that thing? Seriously? I have no idea how you were supposed to know that outside of clicking on literally everything because that does not look interactive at all.

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

Q-Team Study That escalated so quickly? The decision tree is probably my favorite so far and uh...holy poo poo at Mira in general? :magical: Eric still sucks though

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Me: Oh boy, I'm having a lot of fun with this game already, and I've just started! Hmm, I guess I'll pick group C, and Oh, Is Akane holding a chainsaw in that fragment? I'll pick that one and see what happens.

ONE ROOM ESCAPE LATER...

Me: JESUS CHRIST

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Nevileen posted:

Me: Oh boy, I'm having a lot of fun with this game already, and I've just started! Hmm, I guess I'll pick group C, and Oh, Is Akane holding a chainsaw in that fragment? I'll pick that one and see what happens.

ONE ROOM ESCAPE LATER...

Me: JESUS CHRIST

Please tell me you did this at the decision time for that section:

http://i.imgur.com/1aKvIWU.jpg

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I did. I didn't want to consider the other options.

....Then I did them anyway and watched in horror. :smith:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Yesssssss.

Funyarinpa returns. Rec room, C team spoiler.

EDIT: And also how important a sofa's comfort level is. I like this room, which means the stuff after it can only be horrifying.

Oblivion4568238 fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 29, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

holy poo poo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Gloomy Rube posted:

I have no idea why I'm so stumped in the healing room. I found all the keys in the harpsichord, filled the glass and pitcher with water, did the bud puzzle, stabbed the poster, and noted some weird stuff but I have no idea what to actually do next.

if you pull the lever on the console you should get a digital camera that's used for the main puzzle of the room

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That was the first thing I did!

Q team is just as hosed up as most of us anticipated, if not worse. It's risky to introduce new main characters in the final game of a trilogy, but this team doesn't feel like a waste of time at all.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh my god the study :magical:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man Junpei (very early character impressions, no specifics) does not give a single gently caress

I love that apparently it wasn't living for years in a post apocalyptic earth that turned him into a bitter old man, he turned into that in just a year after 999 :v:

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 29, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Runner up for the funniest moment in the entire series is (Team Q: Pod Spoilers) WHO KILLED MIRA? "Gab" W-WHAT? HOW THE HELL DID A DOG KILL HER?! *Q just curls up into a ball and blows up*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that out of control tits are a continued ZE tradition.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I just want to say right now, from the bottom of my empty soul, I hate you all so so much.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So, first hour of the game here and I have a question about important decisions 2-4. Does anything interesting happen if I have each team vote for the team they were asked NOT to vote for, thus still spreading the votes around?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Same here. Akane specifically mentions "three tries" in the following cinema, so it's scripted.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Most perplexing thing in the game so far (serious spoilers and speculation based on them ahead) (D team, post manufacturing room):

Sigma comes to the conclusion that this timeline is the one that lines up with the future he remembers. He loses his eye and arms, radical-6 escapes, and Diana gives the speech on the recording from VLR. It all seems to line up...

Except Akane and Junpei are dead. In VLR they are both very much alive. So how can this be reconciled? It would be easy to simply assume Sigma is wrong, but how could you explain him making that mistake? He knows they're alive in his timeline. There's no way he could get confused about that.

So assuming he's right, what does this mean? I can think of two possibilities - one, they're not really dead and Sigma knows it somehow.

But my theory is related to something that's been bothering me for a while now. Why are Akane and Junpei even here? They never mentioned it in VLR. In fact, it is a plot point in both these games that no one knew what happened here. It's why Phi and Sigma were so unprepared. And yet if we take this game at face value, Akane should know everything. She should have been able to prepare Sigma for what would happen at any time during their 45 years knowing each other.

So really this ending serves to cement my doubts - the Akane and Junpei in this game are some kind of impostors and Sigma is aware of this.

I'm not sure it all fits and I could be totally wrong. But something WEIRD is up with this ending.

Not to mention the fact that despite it being a proper ending, the flowchart continues on in another fragment I can't yet access... I'm onto your tricks game.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 29, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I DONT LIKE THE OUTCOME OF THE STUDY OK THANK YOU YES

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Note: I am specifically referring to what occurs after killing Eric. (spoilers for post-Study)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Note: I am specifically referring to what occurs after killing Eric. (spoilers for post-Study)

What's wrong with a little heart to heart?

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
someone put me in a cryo pod for the next 11 hours till it unlocks on Steam

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Amazon Status: Still loving Nothing.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
So, Q-Team, Triangle. I just found out that Mira is a psychopath who likes to harvest pure hearts :gonk:

What a treasure.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 29, 2016

Extra Tasty
Aug 5, 2014

I don't have a problem with the English voice cast in general, but hoooly poo poo Carlos's voice bothers me so much for some reason. He sounds weirdly flat.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I prefer the Japanese VA if for no other reason that I can't understand Japanese and can self-insert my own English voices like my animes

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Poonerman posted:

So, I just found out that Mira is a psychopath who likes to harvest pure hearts :gonk:

What a treasure.

God dammit, put some loving context please. I had some story stuff that brought it up.

Edit: For anyone who didn't mouse over, it's a character spoiler.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 29, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Fair enough, but you can tell me to add further context without hovering over it :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Poonerman posted:

Fair enough, but you can tell me to add further context without hovering over it :v:

It was by accident unfortunately. :smith:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
(I should have been more specific so I do apologize)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

if you pull the lever on the console you should get a digital camera that's used for the main puzzle of the room

I'm way too used to myst puzzles. To me "there's no power going to this thing" means "don't touch it until you start up a generator somewhere" Thanks!!

• Locked thread