Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Berke Negri posted:

Is it just CP soft cap going up or are they making CP180 gear a thing on PTS?

Just the cp I think, but there is a patch note about undaunted chests scaling correctly, etc.

quote:

Undaunted Chests Improvements
We've improved the rewards from the Undaunted chests! Now, the items you obtain from these chests will always scale all the way up to your current level and Champion Rank. We've also increased the availability of Monster Set Shoulder items in these chests: You will always find a Monster Set Shoulder piece in the Gold chest, often in the Silver chest, and occasionally in the Bronze chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Don't do it unless you have stam classes. Haj Mota set is garbage and Velidreth is only useful if you're a Stamina DPS.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

More Vvardenfell datamining:

Red is the stuff from DB datamining, all the other stuff is the new locations.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I really hope Vvardenfell is a $40 expansion, because it's the one thing people have been waiting for.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014
I could use an invite to the guild, @comradebigt. Figure the game will be more fun with more people to play with.

Also, as much as I like killing things fast, I normally end up playing healers towards endgame in MMOs because I'm too lazy to have to work to find a group, but how much variation is there with healers in general? From what outdated info I've seen it seems like Templars are pretty good for it, but can i manage with a Nightblade or Sorcerer?

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Oh wow thanks for the 50% lava resist assholes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Anyone know if there are issues with the Keen Eye skills? I just bought two today, and they don't seem to be working. No glows around the harvestable materials.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Anyone know if there are issues with the Keen Eye skills? I just bought two today, and they don't seem to be working. No glows around the harvestable materials.
I've been running around a bit and the skill on the alts I have it on has been working correctly for now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is Hermaeus Mora anywhere in the game? He's my favourite Prince. :allears:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I just did a quest with him yesterday. In Greenshade, I forget whether it was part of the AD story or a sidequest.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Scyantific posted:

Don't do it unless you have stam classes. Haj Mota set is garbage and Velidreth is only useful if you're a Stamina DPS.

I can see really specific uses for these. Haj Mota for some sort off off-tank in the wrong armor, perhaps (yes, I will try this with Light). Velidreth, otoh, looks like a really cool stam version of Skoria (kinda sorta) and I will def be trying it on my stam DK. Depends how the thing works, really.

I'm excited as gently caress for some of the updated sets, too. Gonna try Silks of the Sun on my magDK and hope everything gets more burned.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

MooCowlian posted:

I just did a quest with him yesterday. In Greenshade, I forget whether it was part of the AD story or a sidequest.

Cool, I'll keep an eye out.

Also, celebrating rank 9 Vampire with a speedy pickpocket spree in Windhelm. Carefully emptying the pockets of a warrior when a drunk argonian comes up behind me, and maintains full eye contact while dancing.

"ONE MORE AND YOU'D LOOK ALMOST HANDSOME :haw:"

Arsehole blew my cover completely and I got smacked by the now alert guards, oye.

Tim Hortons
Oct 11, 2013
ok, I think I've done everything right:

please invite @filo4000

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Poptart sure is having the correct TES experience!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Here are the motifs coming with the Shadows of the Hist update:

-Dark Brotherhood (probably going to be earned like Thieves Guild rewards, doing a perfect Sacrament)
-Minotaur (Probably a Daily Bounty reward from Gold Coast)
-Akatosh (Possibly a Daily Bounty reward from Gold Coast)
-Dro-m'athra (no clue how this will be earned; *maybe* a trial drop?)

Still no word on Yokudan ever coming. Hopefully it comes when Craglorn gets an overhaul.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Saw on one of the sites that they datamined a purchasable crafting bag coming to the crown store. Hopefully that actually shows up and isn't just something Beth are testing out for funsies.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Don't know how I feel about the dungeon DLC. 2 dungeons for $8 (using the site I use)? Hopefully they're really well made because I could get Orsinium for $12

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Is everything in the crown store stupid expensive or is it just me?

Anyway add me @AzuriaZyfire

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Saw on one of the sites that they datamined a purchasable crafting bag coming to the crown store. Hopefully that actually shows up and isn't just something Beth are testing out for funsies.

From the data mining thread:

quote:

Hey everyone,

As some of you know, we don't normally comment on datamined content but we're making an exception to clear up something.

Craft Bags are not going to be sold in the Crown Store. They are strictly an ESO Plus perk. The Craft Bag image that has been datamined is to only accompany the ESO Plus perk.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Scyantific posted:

From the data mining thread:

It will be in the store within three months "by popular demand".

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Don't know how I feel about the dungeon DLC. 2 dungeons for $8 (using the site I use)? Hopefully they're really well made because I could get Orsinium for $12

We've known since around TG that Q3 (this upcoming one) "DLC" wasn't going to be adding any new zones to the game. In retrospect it looks like it's because everything is going to be going towards Vvardenfell which will be bigger than anything they've released before.

Dungeons are cool, though, has anyone in goons ran through them yet? I got PTS downloaded this morning despite saying I wouldn't and only had time to mess around with changing hairs and dying stuff. Found the entrances to dungeons in Shadowfen but that's it.

Oh, also found some of the new player housing buildings.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Lava Lamp Goddess posted:

Is everything in the crown store stupid expensive or is it just me?

Anyway add me @AzuriaZyfire

Yeah, everything in the crown store is overpriced but i think the reasoning is that instead of buying 1500 or so crowns individually, players would find the subscription to be a better deal since you essentially get the 1500 crowns for free each month so it works more like an extra incentive/ loyalty reward.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Do the $16.99 60 day+3000 crown deal. Whatever consumables/cosmetics/expansions you get are totally worth the cash, and you get a ton of other benefits.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Are there any add-ons that help identify where your group mates are in relation to you without having to open the map?

The default ^ icon is pretty much worthless.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Do the $16.99 60 day+3000 crown deal. Whatever consumables... get are totally worth the cash,

Don't buy consumables.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Wouldn't it be better to buy the content dlc through the store rather than "renting" it with a sub?

Been a long time since I played. Considering another go.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rasmussen posted:

Wouldn't it be better to buy the content dlc through the store rather than "renting" it with a sub?

Been a long time since I played. Considering another go.

Someone said earlier that the best strat is to sub, get crowns from subbing, then use those to buy the DLC, and then stop the sub after you own what you want.

Still, without the sub-only crafting bag, your inventory fills up in about 3 seconds if you've got sticky fingers.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
If you're starting out now it's probably better to sub, considering the number of DLCs. Other than that, it depends how much you like/want the quality of life stuff the sub gets you. 10% exp/stuff, craft bag, and (next update) dyeing costumes and hats. Buying crowns separately is cheaper if you intend to play for a long time, especially if you buy during one of the (rare) sales. I also like that I dont feel forced to play or unsub.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Still, without the sub-only crafting bag, your inventory fills up in about 3 seconds if you've got sticky fingers.

I have sticky fingers and I swear I'm spending more time managing my inventory than playing the game. I'm still not going to shell out real money for something that goes away once I stop subbing. (But it's so, so tempting)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aramek posted:

Poptart sure is having the correct TES experience!

Honestly, this has made me put Skyrim on the back burner as I'm having too much fun. Can't savescum my way through pickpocketing anymore, but I'm really enjoying the explore > quest > craft > trade feedback loop it's got going on.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Radiation Cow posted:

I have sticky fingers and I swear I'm spending more time managing my inventory than playing the game. I'm still not going to shell out real money for something that goes away once I stop subbing. (But it's so, so tempting)

You don't lose it completely if you unsub, you just can't put any more poo poo into it.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
What's a reasonably quick way to bring up lower ranked skills? Doing some reading magicka nightblade would be a lot of fun for my playstyle. Problem is both Destruction and Light Armour are ranked at less than 5. :saddowns:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

poptart_fairy posted:

What's a reasonably quick way to bring up lower ranked skills? Doing some reading magicka nightblade would be a lot of fun for my playstyle. Problem is both Destruction and Light Armour are ranked at less than 5. :saddowns:

Crafted gear with the training trait. There's several of us who can craft it for you in the guild, on PC at least.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Scyantific posted:

You don't lose it completely if you unsub, you just can't put any more poo poo into it.

That's true, but the functionality of it, for me at least, is the ability to put massive amounts of poo poo in it.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Baron Porkface posted:

Don't buy consumables.

When consumables are costing 30 cents, I don't mind them, but there are certainly better investments to make on the crown store (until you run out of things)

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Scyantific posted:

AdvancedUI
Skyshards
Lorebooks
Horse Timers
pChat

If I had to choose 5 add-ons (lol fat chance) I would stick with those.

Horse Timers must have another name that I couldn't find.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tempus Thales posted:

Horse Timers must have another name that I couldn't find.

I think the author took it down, but CraftStore does in fact have mount timers for all your characters.

When consumables are costing 30 cents, I don't mind them, but there are certainly better investments to make on the crown store (until you run out of things)

When there are people in the guild who can easily craft you 200 of a consumable (except potions), then yeah it's kind of a waste.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Do they plan to add (or have they already added) instanced small scale PVP?

Something along the lines of WoW Battlegrounds, SWTOR Warzones, Rift Warfronts, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Propagandist posted:

Do they plan to add (or have they already added) instanced small scale PVP?

Something along the lines of WoW Battlegrounds, SWTOR Warzones, Rift Warfronts, etc.

It's been mentioned but per the words of Matt Firor

quote:

NO ETA

• Locked thread