Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Monica is really the perfect person to close deals to license Pied Piper. Erlich is the hype man to get people interested, Monica closes the deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Avasculous posted:

They said a whIle ago that this was the intention in season 1 until they realized how contrived it was. Richard's really awkward date invitation at the end of season one was meant as a permenant death knell for it.

I actually really like that the show hasn't bothered with the cutesy, someone-for-everyone love stories that every other sitcom seems to go for.

I think (hope) they stick to that and Monica's shift is just a reply to the common complaint that the show doesn't give her enough to do.

I really hope they stick to this, but I doubt they will. We're hitting that 4th season where people "need to start dating each other" according to most producers/execs. Then again, it is HBO and except for True Detective I can't think of time they let producers destroy something.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hold on, can someone do a breakdown of who owns PP exactly? How many shares does each of the characters own? I completely lost track at this point, with all the buy-outs and buy-ins.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

waitwhatno posted:

Hold on, can someone do a breakdown of who owns PP exactly? How many shares does each of the characters own? I completely lost track at this point, with all the buy-outs and buy-ins.

Currently the majority (or all of it, I guess) is owned by Bachmanity, and we don't really know how the shares break down at this point because they're going to have to restructure everything next season.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Anya posted:

I will have to admit that I didn't see the Erlich bitching out Richard, and then cutting straight to Always Blue so fast. That part killed me.

Yes that was fantastic, I really believed for a few seconds it was gonna be an actual plot point and a source of drama for the next season but nope, it's just Erlich being a drama queen and it rules.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Monica would be the CRO, Jared could be the COO, Erlich could be the CMO.

I just wanted to write a post of acronyms.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

And what will Bighead be?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The mascot

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I would like to see Big Head in a pied piper outfit at some point.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

waitwhatno posted:

I think currently both Big Head and Eurlich own 50% each. They'll divvy that up amongst everyone since they now have no income or capital to pay anybody with and I'm assuming the "let's try to find another VC" will be the first few episodes along with the inevitable meltdown of Gavin being outbid by his own money.

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

the cap table was wiped out in the sale probably so erlich and bighead each own 50% on paper. they'll prob need to recapitalize though, so the actual breakdown is up in the air. i'd expect richard to get (relatively) hosed in the reorg tho

if this was reality (and sv has kept pretty close to reality so far) monica would probably head bizdev or maybe product. what she is good at doesn't really have anything to do with operations (jared)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe Gavin will offer Erlich and Big Head $10mil for the company and they take it! Then the next 9 episodes can focus on all the characters of the show just taking an episode each of kicking Richard in the dick.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

waitwhatno posted:

All the Raviga shares and board seats belong to Bachmanity, which I guess is split evenly between Erlich and Big Head.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Hmmm so now Gavin is the boss of the tech blogger they used to out him as a scum? What could go wrong? "Hey tech blogger whose blog i own, what was the source?"

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

Moose-Alini posted:

What exactly would Monica do at Pied Piper? She's pretty much Jared but for Aviga.

Maybe handle PR stuff and be their go-to person for what "normal people" think of their product.

Edit; didn't realize I was responding to a post a page back.

Mustache Ride posted:

A bag of dicks WITH handles?

Poala Bear fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jun 28, 2016

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am gonna be the minority opinion and say that I am sad to (potentially) see Laurie go. She was definitely a weak replacement for Peter Gregory, but considering her outside that really narrow context she was a really interesting touch in the show. Frankly, I wish they would replace Gavin Belsson with a new character. He has run his course as an antagonist and he is just a caricature at this point.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
They pretty much have no money at this point, right? Just the other million (or $999,999) from the blog sale?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, until they get acquired by Microsoft to be the Skype replacement.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

They pretty much have no money at this point, right? Just the other million (or $999,999) from the blog sale?

Did Bachmanity own the entire blog? If they did, then the journalist had no incentive to sell it to Gavin. Maybe she has the other million.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mustache Ride posted:

CSO.

Chief Snack/Soda Officer.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Erlich said they got two million for the blog and he and Bighead both get 500k. I'm assuming the reporter got the other million. Though I don't know what the deal was when Erlich bought the blog. Did he only buy half?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I liked Laurie too, if that means anything. I hope Raviga pops up again next season.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Cojawfee posted:

Erlich said they got two million for the blog and he and Bighead both get 500k.

Correct, bachmanity is $1 in the red right now.

They are completely broke. They have zero operating capital.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

What I find weird is that Raviga wouldn't go back to Gavin and say "We got a higher bid, raise your offer or you lose."

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Don't think too much about it.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I assume firing Patrice is going to bite Gavin in the rear end somehow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's already cost him $2m so far.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the $1,000,001 offer had a "no shopping" clause.

I hope Bighead's dad is Vincent Pastore.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Craptacular posted:

What I find weird is that Raviga wouldn't go back to Gavin and say "We got a higher bid, raise your offer or you lose."

They called 30 minutes before voting time, and Laurie hates everyone involved, so what does she care?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

They should fire Richard.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Richard is a bad CEO but then again he's the best engineer they have.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

CTO it is then! Big Head as CEO.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They already had a big fight over Richard's position.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Gavin's mafioso security guy (Hoover?) is a really underrated character who was cast really well.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
So how much of the company does Richard currently own? Why would he need shares from Erlich? Wouldn't he have his own from being part owner? Or are those additional shares that he got from being CEO? Sorry, I don't understand poo poo like this at all.

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Raviga forced voted so all the shares are sold. In theory Richard should be receiving part of the million dollars but it would have been set up so Raviga would recoup all their initial investments first.

That's how I understand it.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

So how much of the company does Richard currently own? Why would he need shares from Erlich? Wouldn't he have his own from being part owner? Or are those additional shares that he got from being CEO? Sorry, I don't understand poo poo like this at all.

The board voted to sell the company. Bachmanity owns 100% of it, and as of right now that is 50% Erlich, 50% Bighead. They'll have to work out deals with all the guys though because they have no money to pay them salaries.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
How could their new product name for video calls/streaming not be "Big Head"? It's perfect on so many levels.

You've got big heads on screen because of the high resolution available and big head figuratively if you often feel the need to live stream what you're doing.

Makes me wonder if they had the idea since the beginning...

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Would Bachmanity really own 100%? It seems like some of the staff would have been paid in shares at some point and those can't just disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

withak posted:

Would Bachmanity really own 100%? It seems like some of the staff would have been paid in shares at some point and those can't just disappear.

As stated already the company was sold but Raviga gets the entire million.

• Locked thread