Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Very tempted... What's a good text? "Party like it's the 36th kalpa?"

"goddammit i asked for lemon-lime"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

JT Jag posted:

She's never wrong.

But what if she lied?

She doesn't even say two whole words in that scene. There's a lot of interpretation going on with her cult and the other demiurges.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Maya's probably an antagonist as of now but it seems like she'll turn, she's clearly intended to become a huge major character at some point.

I like how the prophecy illustration has her tossing what looks like a cartoon bomb

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Tetracube posted:

Maya's probably an antagonist as of now but it seems like she'll turn, she's clearly intended to become a huge major character at some point.

I like how the prophecy illustration has her tossing what looks like a cartoon bomb

Her first question is "hey, what do you think of death?"

Which, granted, Allison probably answered correctly, for the wrong reason.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tetracube posted:

I will be very disappointed if this does not come 100% true.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

wiegieman posted:

Her first question is "hey, what do you think of death?"

Which, granted, Allison probably answered correctly, for the wrong reason.

That was also her second question.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

"Six arms, six cocktails, six livers, no problem."

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Ze Pollack posted:

"goddammit i asked for lemon-lime"

"I wanted orange, but they gave me lemon-lime."

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

"a hundred or more guests unaccounted for"

:eyepop: how did I not get this

Oh my god does this mean that clown car of people following Allison are just gonna keep doing that and causing big fights scenes for the entire comic.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Oh my god does this mean that clown car of people following Allison are just gonna keep doing that and causing big fights scenes for the entire comic.

We can only hope.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

"Drink Six Billion Daiquiris"

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

team overhead smash posted:

"Drink Six Billion Daiquiris"

i'm a fan of this one

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Unfortunately was too proud of my first idea

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

atomicthumbs posted:

"a hundred or more guests unaccounted for"

:eyepop: how did I not get this
oh my god same

flanked by white chain and cio

and followed by a ton of eternally brawling jackasses

I love this comic

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Unfortunately was too proud of my first idea

what's important is choosing

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah dont mind those guys, thats my entourage-brawl. theyll wear themselves out in a minute.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

God, you just know the Pursuers are going to keep getting stronger and stronger as they brawl across the multiverse and become the next pantheon.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

wiegieman posted:

God, you just know the Pursuers are going to keep getting stronger and stronger as they brawl across the multiverse and become the next pantheon.

Given that they're all actively trying to seize divine power through violence, this seems quite likely.
Doubly so if the desire for power is more important than the actual attainment of power. In pursuing Allison they are exercising their ability to want.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

wiegieman posted:

I caught onto the "100 uninvited guests = the Pursuers" thing, but the whole 108 stars = the Pursuers totally went over my head.

Grenrow
Apr 11, 2016

wiegieman posted:

It's like the ultimate shrine to Aesma.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I'm just imagining the page of Zoss chilling on top of a dead Prime, starting at the horde of new demiurges, but with K6BD Alison and the Pursuers instead

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
At this point, I'm fairly certain Zoss is dead / only exists in Allison's head. Previously I thought there was some room for interpretation, but this latest comic cemented it for me at least.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Benson Cunningham posted:

At this point, I'm fairly certain Zoss is dead / only exists in Allison's head. Previously I thought there was some room for interpretation, but this latest comic cemented it for me at least.

Zoss is 100% dead, yes. His death is what set events in motion.

Causality and the linear flow of time just don't mean quite as much when you're the inheritor of all creation.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zoss first appearance and calling her his "redeemer" in their meeting in the Void seemed to suggest that the Thorns and/or demiurges got the better of him, but word of God from the tumblr says death ain't no thing to him because he's closer to Royalty than any mortal has ever been.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 27, 2016

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

None of his previous appearances have shown any firm indicator of being a hallucination. This, coupled with the curious lack of his usual crypticness, makes me wonder if the guy in the latest comic is actually Zoss at all. I think it could be Incubus, pushing her forward for whatever his own reasons are.

That said, it does seem really unlikely for Zoss to be interested in ruling over anybody anymore. I don't know if he's dead so much as the usual concept of 'death' has no meaning to whatever the hell he's become. Seems like he's gone way beyond all of this poo poo

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
She gotta redeem his feudalism.

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

Zoss is 100% dead, yes. His death is what set events in motion.

Causality and the linear flow of time just don't mean quite as much when you're the inheritor of all creation.

Not like death stopped YISUN from conversing with his creations and disciples or giving Aesma sage advice that she'd completely misunderstand.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Yes.

http://orbitaldropkick.tumblr.com/post/99047910221/heres-a-quick-guide-to-some-of-the-warriors-that

Note the alt-text on this page, incidentally:

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-39-pursuers/

"O, tumultuous heaven, O unfavorable stars"

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Oh, just realized something: in that scene where Zoss goes to kill the angels AGAIN, he's completely corporeal in the Void, which Mottom implied takes a considerable amount of willpower to do so. And he's doing it while kicking the poo poo out of hundreds of the most powerful angels ever.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's neat that you can tell who is human and who is not by the color of their flesh in the void.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Note the alt-text on this page, incidentally:

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-2-39-pursuers/

"O, tumultuous heaven, O unfavorable stars"

Aw man, now I'm just thinking that the adventures of harp-head, book-head and giant baby would be a good sitcom (with their neighbor gun-witch)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I always notice something new when I reexamine pages.

I'm really digging the cute little imp in the corner.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Even if Zoss himself isn't alive and kicking, Allison has a large part of his power jammed directly into her skull. I wouldn't be surprised if it retained some impression of him.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ixjuvin posted:

Even if Zoss himself isn't alive and kicking, Allison has a large part of his power jammed directly into her skull. I wouldn't be surprised if it retained some impression of him.

That's pretty much my theory too

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Agean90 posted:

That's pretty much my theory too

Indeed, agreed.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
When you're a god, all death means is that the story is now about someone else.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
jamming a chunk of Conquering King straight into your soggy mortal mind probably gives you one hell of a buzz

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i still can't get over that the burgeoning heir to the power of the gods is being chased around by a goddamn fight in the prophecy about her

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like how no matter what nothing in this comic ever goes quite how I expected

except it is always glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

The alt text is pretty great.