Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

H8 the giant crabs as well.

I know a pretty good strategy for dealing with giant crabs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

In Training posted:

care to share it with the rest of us??

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

In Training posted:

Well?

Soral
May 30, 2009

have u tried circle strafing the crab

Soral
May 30, 2009

you can parry the basic attack it does with its right claw.... then riposte it in its weak point for massive damage

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Soral posted:

you can parry the basic attack it does with its right claw.... then riposte it in its weak point for massive damage

O_O

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Soral posted:

That's rad, why isn't there a gif of this?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did not know you could parry the crabs that's badass

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

The name of the man who gave them to you?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When the crabs are reeling back to do their double claw slam you can just riposte them for free.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I dont think I ever personally killed a Farrons Keep crab I just let the friendly giant throw javelins at tbem for massive damage.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Bobby The Rookie posted:

That's rad, why isn't there a gif of this?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HOLY gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

on my first ng it probably took me 20 to 25 tries to beat NK.

on the ng+ of that character I beat him on my second try... and both the phantoms I summoned had died in the first phase. I felt like a god

both times I used the storm ruler. it's thematically appropriate I think

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
i got good enough at nameless king on ng+ to where i only need 4 estus for the fight. with gundyr i went through 9.

i like gundyr's form 2. it's the least spectacular of the boss form changes, but the speed at which he chains combos together really makes you sit up and pay attention to a fight that was initially a retread of the tutorial.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

omfg

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

those crabs are so good

what a great enemy.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lmao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder what gaming was like before there were memes. I can't even remember anymore

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I wonder what gaming was like before there were memes. I can't even remember anymore

before the internet we still managed to make memes like "the mew behind the truck"

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
There's been memes for as long as there's been the Internet. They were just called something else

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
It's cool how normies call image macros memes now. All image based jokes are memes to them

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

rediscover posted:

It's cool how normies call image macros memes now. All image based jokes are memes to them

But who wants to be the guy going well technically

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

lots of goons

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

im on ng+ and the irythil sword knight at the bottom of the tower where you mean siegward kicked my rear end five times before i beat him:yeah:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those ice guys and the tall goatmen are actually the hardest bosses in dark souls 3. i can get nameless down in a try or two now but those stupid things still murder me

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
he kicked my rear end repeatedly on my first go through the game but i killed him in one shot on my second playthrough

good gamer feels

also i think the katana may be 'o.p.'????

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

also i figured out why that katana guy near the start is so hard..he has infinite stamina. he just swings and does weapon arts all day. i mean you can trounce him cause hes a dumb npc but its pretty lovely to deal with when youre a newbie lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

also i figured out why that katana guy near the start is so hard..he has infinite stamina. he just swings and does weapon arts all day. i mean you can trounce him cause hes a dumb npc but its pretty lovely to deal with when youre a newbie lmao

Even after playing all the other souls games I'm still basically a dumb newbie but the one thing most difficult NPC fights in the series have in common is that if you attempt them enough the enemy will eventually fall off of a cliff and die without any input from you whatsoever. Basically the only truly hard one in the entire series is the dude in the chapel at the end of Eileen's questline in Bloodborne and that's only because he has the good sense to not fight you anywhere near a cliff

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I killed sword master on my first try without even getting hit.

Soral
May 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

Even after playing all the other souls games I'm still basically a dumb newbie but the one thing most difficult NPC fights in the series have in common is that if you attempt them enough the enemy will eventually fall off of a cliff and die without any input from you whatsoever. Basically the only truly hard one in the entire series is the dude in the chapel at the end of Eileen's questline in Bloodborne and that's only because he has the good sense to not fight you anywhere near a cliff

except he's not really because he has a very very easily abusable leash. you can just pelt him with poison knives from the doorway while he walks back and forth

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

I killed sword master on my first try without even getting hit.

he riposte killed me from full health

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

pussy bitch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

pussy bitch.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i was just kidding bob.. your cool with me bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

i was just kidding bob.. your cool with me bro

lmao i know. i just have that pic saved as Stu Drinks Lean on my compy and try to use it every chance i get

• Locked thread