Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can you leave a competitive match during the hero pick screen without penalty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Harlock posted:

Did they add a delay for Mercy beam clicks if you're not using toggle beam? Just noticed it tonight

Yeah, something about it felt really strange to me tonight.

Mystery Machine posted:

I feel like the Hanzo and Genji mains have migrated to competitive in higher numbers than everyone else.

That's literally the first thing I saw in my first comp game.

I really don't understand how people can enjoy the game like this.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

Can you leave a competitive match during the hero pick screen without penalty?

you can leave during the "Assemble Heroes" screen with no penalty, and at no other time (unless someone else leaves before you)

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Quitting half way through a comp match is not cool. Don't be that goon.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
If someone could upload my best POTG that would be great

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its time for Jastiger's list of Changes to Overwatch to make it more balanced and competitive.

Genji: Mostly stay as he is. A light, fast, and lethal assassin.

McCree: Still pretty good after the nerf. He needed the nerf. I'd say leave him as he is post nerf

Pharah: She needs to have more HP if she's gonna be an offensive attacker. I feel like her rockets COULD have a bit more splash damage, but even so, I think buffing her to 250 or 225 would be a fair balance for her as an offensive character. Also little thruster jets to move a bit more in air would be cool, but i think thats a bit much now.

Reaper: Mostly alright, deadly close range, but not so much far away. I'm not sure I'd allow him to still gain health packs while phantomed though. That seems a bit much. Take that away and I think he's alright.

Soldier 76: Pretty good and balanced. Maybe have a bit more weapon spread at super long range since there is no damage drop off, except when he ults. Its a bit silly for him to pick apart people from so far away with spray and pray.

Tracer: P good as is, really. Her ult should charge a bit faster since it doesn't really do THAT much damage. It should do enough to take out a roadhog, or it should recharge faster since its so easy to miss.

Bastion: Pretty good as is except maybe add a BIT more delay to moving out of turret mode.

Hanzo: Pretty good as is if they make it so you can freakin hear his ultimate. I'd maybe change the animation so you can tell which direction its going in, otherwise p good.

Junkrat: Pretty good as is. His passive is kinda dumb though and I wish there was something more exciting offered

Mei: Her Right click does maybe a LITTLE too much damage on a headshot with the huge hitboxes they have. It'd be nicer if she had a bit more of a UI clue as to when you're in range to do damage vs just ineffectually shooting your gun.

Torbjorn Why does his ult give HIM mega armor? It should boost his turret for sure, but turning him into a hero that out damages other offensive heroes seems a bit silly on top of the mega armor he gets.His turret shouldn't be nerfed damage wise, but maybe have its range a bit reduced. Take away his mega fast firing on ult, take away the armor, but keep his hammer swings super fast and i think he'd be in a good place.

Widowmaker EASILY needs her hitpoints reduced to 175 or even 150. Her escape combined with her massive headhit boxes combined with her ability to indiscriminately dispense kills on the enemy team make her a bit on the OP side. This should be countered by lowering her hit point total so she can't absorb so many shots and then ninja away to 360 no scope folks. Her damage nerf was needed, but now she needs her hp reduced a smidge. Also some sort of screen shake would be nice, but not necessary.

D.VA She's pretty good right now. She's more a skirmisher than a straight up tank though.

Reinhart Lower the range on his hammer. It hits way too hard to have characters be REALLY far away from him and him still get massive damage on them. Like Roadhog, he shouldn't be starting attacks, then changing his curser and keeping full damage on people behind him in a 360 radius. Otherwise pretty good
Roadhog Definitely needs a nerf. His gun is and should be lethal, but his hook is dumb the way it is now. As long as your cursor is on the enemy when it hits it, you hit that point. This means you can have a complete miss, track to your target, and score a hook around a corner or cancel out an escape vector, which is not how it should be. His hook should come out faster and be where his cursor is at the time of initiation. No more of this random hooks, then tracking the target and landing a hook around corners or against evasive characters. It comes out fast, goes in fast, doesn't track targets. Its too strong to do that for as easy as it is to land. Also he should take bonus damage while healing if he's caught.

Winston Leave as is, maybe give a bit more of cursor icon so you know when an enemy is in range and how many enemies you're hitting.

Zarya She can be ridiculously powerful if played right. Again, maybe a cursor so you know how far away the enemy is and whether you can even hit them or not.

Zenyatta: He's pretty powerful as he is now, and the fact that he can discord orb makes him deserving of a low health pool. I say leave as it.

Symmetra: A cursor as to whether you can hit the enemy or not. Also her ult should be changed so that it can be recharged if you earn enough to recharge it. Its a bit silly to have the ult start at zero again only after the teleporter expires or is destroyed. A mechanic where it can keep going based on how well the Symmetra is doing seems like it'd make it a lot more interactive and balanced.

Mercy: Pretty good where she is right now, perhaps with a bit longer cooldown on her ult so it isn't a redo so quickly. It seems right now sometimes the team is so bad she has to heal them so much she gets to res twice in the same push, which isn't something other heroes tend to be able to do.

Lucio. Pretty nice as is, maybe make his wall skating a bit more intuitive is all.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mystery Machine posted:

I feel like the Hanzo and Genji mains have migrated to competitive in higher numbers than everyone else. Played a bunch of pleasant quick games, with at least one support and a tank on each team, but usually 3-4 of them combined. Was loads of fun.

I encountered this exactly myself as well. Did 3-4 comp matches and had people posting "im a genji main" in every one and the hanzo on the opposing teams was always really good.

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
Played my 10 placement matches and about 8 comp games and never faced or played with a Zenyatta. Kind of weird.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
obviously should have stopped reading earlier than this but

quote:

Pharah: She needs to have more HP if she's gonna be an offensive attacker. I feel like her rockets COULD have a bit more splash damage, but even so, I think buffing her to 250 or 225 would be a fair balance for her as an offensive character. Also little thruster jets to move a bit more in air would be cool, but i think thats a bit much now.

You deserve the utmost derision for even thinking this.

bumble posted:

That's literally the first thing I saw in my first comp game.

I really don't understand how people can enjoy the game like this.

Genji is actually pretty fun though, maybe people don't counterpick winston into him?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Easy Mac posted:

Played my 10 placement matches and about 8 comp games and never faced or played with a Zenyatta. Kind of weird.

He's just too much of a liability. If you have a single support, it's either gonna be Mercy or Lucio (for KotH), and if you have a second support, you're better served with one of the aforementioned two instead of a robot with all the durability of David Cameron's political career.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Jastiger posted:

Its time for Jastiger's list of Changes to Overwatch to make it more balanced and competitive.

McCree: Still pretty good after the nerf. He needed the nerf. I'd say leave him as he is post nerf

Reaper: Mostly alright, deadly close range, but not so much far away. I'm not sure I'd allow him to still gain health packs while phantomed though. That seems a bit much. Take that away and I think he's alright.

Soldier 76: Pretty good and balanced. Maybe have a bit more weapon spread at super long range since there is no damage drop off, except when he ults. Its a bit silly for him to pick apart people from so far away with spray and pray.

Tracer: P good as is, really. Her ult should charge a bit faster since it doesn't really do THAT much damage. It should do enough to take out a roadhog, or it should recharge faster since its so easy to miss.

Bastion: Pretty good as is except maybe add a BIT more delay to moving out of turret mode.

Hanzo: Pretty good as is if they make it so you can freakin hear his ultimate. I'd maybe change the animation so you can tell which direction its going in, otherwise p good.

Junkrat: Pretty good as is. His passive is kinda dumb though and I wish there was something more exciting offered

Mei: Her Right click does maybe a LITTLE too much damage on a headshot with the huge hitboxes they have. It'd be nicer if she had a bit more of a UI clue as to when you're in range to do damage vs just ineffectually shooting your gun.

Torbjorn Why does his ult give HIM mega armor? It should boost his turret for sure, but turning him into a hero that out damages other offensive heroes seems a bit silly on top of the mega armor he gets.His turret shouldn't be nerfed damage wise, but maybe have its range a bit reduced. Take away his mega fast firing on ult, take away the armor, but keep his hammer swings super fast and i think he'd be in a good place.

Widowmaker EASILY needs her hitpoints reduced to 175 or even 150. Her escape combined with her massive headhit boxes combined with her ability to indiscriminately dispense kills on the enemy team make her a bit on the OP side. This should be countered by lowering her hit point total so she can't absorb so many shots and then ninja away to 360 no scope folks. Her damage nerf was needed, but now she needs her hp reduced a smidge. Also some sort of screen shake would be nice, but not necessary.

D.VA She's pretty good right now. She's more a skirmisher than a straight up tank though.

Reinhart Lower the range on his hammer. It hits way too hard to have characters be REALLY far away from him and him still get massive damage on them. Like Roadhog, he shouldn't be starting attacks, then changing his curser and keeping full damage on people behind him in a 360 radius. Otherwise pretty good
Roadhog Definitely needs a nerf. His gun is and should be lethal, but his hook is dumb the way it is now. As long as your cursor is on the enemy when it hits it, you hit that point. This means you can have a complete miss, track to your target, and score a hook around a corner or cancel out an escape vector, which is not how it should be. His hook should come out faster and be where his cursor is at the time of initiation. No more of this random hooks, then tracking the target and landing a hook around corners or against evasive characters. It comes out fast, goes in fast, doesn't track targets. Its too strong to do that for as easy as it is to land. Also he should take bonus damage while healing if he's caught.

Winston Leave as is, maybe give a bit more of cursor icon so you know when an enemy is in range and how many enemies you're hitting.

Zarya She can be ridiculously powerful if played right. Again, maybe a cursor so you know how far away the enemy is and whether you can even hit them or not.

Zenyatta: He's pretty powerful as he is now, and the fact that he can discord orb makes him deserving of a low health pool. I say leave as it.

Symmetra: A cursor as to whether you can hit the enemy or not. Also her ult should be changed so that it can be recharged if you earn enough to recharge it. Its a bit silly to have the ult start at zero again only after the teleporter expires or is destroyed. A mechanic where it can keep going based on how well the Symmetra is doing seems like it'd make it a lot more interactive and balanced.

Mercy: Pretty good where she is right now, perhaps with a bit longer cooldown on her ult so it isn't a redo so quickly. It seems right now sometimes the team is so bad she has to heal them so much she gets to res twice in the same push, which isn't something other heroes tend to be able to do.

Lucio. Pretty nice as is, maybe make his wall skating a bit more intuitive is all.

:ughh:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

funroll loops posted:

It really feels like they hosed something up with the netcode. As Roadhog especially I was getting tons of hooks behind me and point blank shots that were doing literally no damage.

Seriously, junkrat and pharah are miles off on my screen but not on my killcams

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jastiger posted:

I don't agree with most of this, but I'm unironically glad you posted it because I like reading people's genuine thoughts rather than sassy one-liners or salt.

Also I agree that Pharah's rockets feel like garbage because the splash sucks. She's clearly very, very powerful and should not be buffed, but I think reducing her effectiveness in other ways and increasing rocket splash a bit would be good. Perhaps reduce her clip to 4 or 5.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
All you gotta do with Pharah is hit directly with your rockets. Pretty much every other character has to do the same and they can't fly and don't do 120 damage shots.

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Jastiger posted:

Jesus Christ, no.

my back pages
Jun 23, 2009

Jastiger posted:

Ehh, probably needs a small left click buff but whatever.

Jastiger posted:

No. Not even close--she's probably the most powerful hero at the moment.

Jastiger posted:

Ehh, that's a 50% buff to ult damage. Does 400 now which is probably fine.

Jastiger posted:

He's already only useful as a surprise pick--nerfing him is probably nay good.

Jastiger posted:

I think Hanzo might be a bit weak at the moment just because he doesn't really fit much into many comps / maps, with the possible exception of defense Route 66.

Jastiger posted:

Mei's underpowered if anything, even despite her Tracer killing 150 damage crits.

Jastiger posted:

I think Torbjorn should be changed a bit but that's personal preference for what-Overwatch-is-as-a-game and not necessarily balance related.

Jastiger posted:

D.Va is easily too weak.

Jastiger posted:

Zarya is probably second strongest behind Pharah, and it's debatable whether or not she's first.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rear end posted:

Jesus Christ, no.

Actually yes.

I'd say the changes to Widow, Roadhog, and Torb are probably the most pressing changes. I'll be awaiting my call back from Blizzards balance team shortly.

Pharah is pretty powerful, for sure. It just seems strange she has the same hit points as other characters with far more offensive capabilities or even snippers and the like. I get a feeling of assault front liner from her vs the flanker we see in Reaper or McCree. Why doesn't she have more HP than them?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I dunno what everyone else's experiences has been like tonight, but besides losing a bunch cause me and my friends aren't amazing, I've experienced a total of zero rear end in a top hat players in competitive. At least not yet?? Not a single cocky rear end in a top hat going "lol 2ez", no salt from the other team if they lose against us, no bitching about who got play of the game. Everyone has been really chill and GGing is the most that's really ever said. The most bitching about play of the game I saw were players that had underwhelming plays of the game saying something like "oh god this is embarrassing don't give it to me"

I've lost way more in a row tonight than I would have in quick play but I've had much less interaction with rear end in a top hat players on the other team.

I could really do without Blizzard blasting my ears off with their way too intense competitive mode VS screen music after 3-4 minutes of quiet game searching

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Jastiger posted:

Actually yes.

I'd say the changes to Widow, Roadhog, and Torb are probably the most pressing changes. I'll be awaiting my call back from Blizzards balance team shortly.

Pharah is pretty powerful, for sure. It just seems strange she has the same hit points as other characters with far more offensive capabilities or even snippers and the like. I get a feeling of assault front liner from her vs the flanker we see in Reaper or McCree. Why doesn't she have more HP than them?

Zenyatta and D.Va are begging for a buff and you want to change Roadhog's hook? You use the hook once, you probably will get a kill, then the enemy team will gently caress you up due to a tiny capacity shotgun.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
I just want Roadhog's hook to work and not put them behind me.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

rear end posted:

Zenyatta and D.Va are begging for a buff and you want to change Roadhog's hook? You use the hook once, you probably will get a kill, then the enemy team will gently caress you up due to a tiny capacity shotgun.

I was thinking DVA s hould get a buff, but if she's played right she's brutal. Never having to reload and being able to push players around is actually pretty slick. Giving her more HP wouldn't really do anything and her guns doing more damage...ehh, they already do pretty good damage. MAYBE increase when its near melee range, but thats about it.

As for Zen, he is simply super strong.. Orb of discorde is a 50% damage boost to a 45 damage orb. That is 90 damage with a clip of 20. Thats a lot of leeway for misses and the like. Zen is really squishy for sure, but he SHOULD be. He gives his team 50% damage against a target, that is HUGE. He's fine and is the sleeper hero we're gonna see boost up in the rankings here in a few weeks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Macaluso posted:

I dunno what everyone else's experiences has been like tonight, but besides losing a bunch cause me and my friends aren't amazing, I've experienced a total of zero rear end in a top hat players in competitive. At least not yet?? Not a single cocky rear end in a top hat going "lol 2ez", no salt from the other team if they lose against us, no bitching about who got play of the game. Everyone has been really chill and GGing is the most that's really ever said. The most bitching about play of the game I saw were players that had underwhelming plays of the game saying something like "oh god this is embarrassing don't give it to me"

I've lost way more in a row tonight than I would have in quick play but I've had much less interaction with rear end in a top hat players on the other team.

I could really do without Blizzard blasting my ears off with their way too intense competitive mode VS screen music after 3-4 minutes of quiet game searching

i saw one but it was the classic types-"*sigh*"-in-party-chat variant, no slurs or yelling. otherwise the player attitude quality was exactly the same as usual

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Jastiger posted:

I was thinking DVA s hould get a buff, but if she's played right she's brutal. Never having to reload and being able to push players around is actually pretty slick. Giving her more HP wouldn't really do anything and her guns doing more damage...ehh, they already do pretty good damage. MAYBE increase when its near melee range, but thats about it.

As for Zen, he is simply super strong.. Orb of discorde is a 50% damage boost to a 45 damage orb. That is 90 damage with a clip of 20. Thats a lot of leeway for misses and the like. Zen is really squishy for sure, but he SHOULD be. He gives his team 50% damage against a target, that is HUGE. He's fine and is the sleeper hero we're gonna see boost up in the rankings here in a few weeks.

Zenyatta is the only support with lackluster mobility and little hp. Didn't they make it so that you have to be in a line of sight to shoot orbs now? From what I'm seeing people just throw orbs and die quickly after now.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Jastiger posted:

how does math work

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I love playing Symmetra because once you get your poo poo set up you can go high-risk pick class. Yes, good players should wipe you out. But they frequently don't. And you need so little time to burn down Mercy if you get the drop on her. Even if we trade 1 for 1, my teleport and turrets are still out there. My team basically has "me" in every meaningful respect. But the other team is down a Mercy.

Got POTG in a placement match burning down a McCree, burning down Mercy as she rezzed, and burning down McCree again.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

um excuse me in chuunibyou it's the girl that wears the eyepatch

:goonsay:

i can get behind dark flame master reaper though

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So you have to win 300 matches to get one of those gold weapons.

Do competitive points transfer between seasons or do you seriously have to grind a ridiculous number of games relatively quickly to get those gaudy baubles?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Macaluso posted:

During my placement matches there were a lot of wannabe generals trying to order the team to choose specific characters, but that didn't last long after match 10. I think people mellow out when they're not so anxious about where they're going to be placed.

I just capped off my night with a match where everyone on my team gradually left. I stuck around and had wacky emote times with the enemy team until the clock ran down. I somehow got PotG during these shenanigans. It was a chill time and everyone was a good sport about it. My only beef is that I don't think a match like that should affect anyone's skill rating.

Jastiger posted:

Zenyatta's currently suffering from a major design contradiction, in that his orbs demand he stay in the open in everyone's LOS, but his fragility demands that he hide behind cover. He's the right amount of cannon but way too much glass, and he's probably going to stay on the bench competitively until Blizzard resolves that core contradiction.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jun 29, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zoness posted:

um excuse me in chuunibyou it's the girl that wears the eyepatch

:goonsay:

i can get behind dark flame master reaper though

anyone can be a chuuni if they put their demon-tainted heart to it

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
For real what is with all the hardcore Genjis and Hanzos in competitive

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Here's my list of changes that would make me happy

Needs small buff:
D.Va: Doesn't do enough damage, maybe needs some kind of buff on her shift that adds damage or more utility to it

Needs even slighter buff:
Zenyatta: Give him 25 more armor
Winston: Don't know how to buff him or if he actually needs it, but he seems too gimmicky.

Needs slight nerf:
Bastion: Should damage himself with ult splash or reduce alt fire clip size from 200 to 150 or 125.
Nearly every hero in the game should charge ults slower or have a 30 sec period after using where they can't gain bar.

Needs rework/nerf/buff:
Hanzo's hit boxes, hitting people standing behind a wall (not the same as tick issues w/ regards to taking cover)
Roadhog's hook sometimes, mostly a tick rate issue?

Needs fixing:
Piss poor tick rate
Tracer's blink and rewind, Pharah's jump, Mei's ice block, Mercy's zip (IE all escapes/outs) need some kind of code to retroactively grant frame advantage in the case of a death tick w/ regards to shooter advantage
Mic should be required for competitive mode (lol Kappa 4head insert meme)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

For real what is with all the hardcore Genjis and Hanzos in competitive

With Genji I at least get it because if you're a career Genji you're either doing it because "gently caress YEAH NINJA GUY IS RAD" or "gently caress YEAH I'M GOOD AS gently caress AT THIS HARD CHARACTER." Whether the latter is true or not doesn't matter. We've all seen there's a poo poo-ton of Genji mains out there who are not very honest appraisers of their own skill. And that is EXACTLY one kind of person I would expect to go into Competitive.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Changes I would like to see to D.Va:

A cool slide forward when you start firing while boosting

Mech call down in Pilot form happening way faster so it is easier to crush people with it

Defense Matrix absorbing all projectiles and firing them back in a big clump like in Titanfall (includes ults)

Boost melee hitting with both arms for double damage

A skin that is the loader from Aliens

Separate taunts for pilot mode

Pilot mode pistol getting a charged blast on rightclick

A skin that looks like a giant bonbon

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Dumb theory crafting time.

Brawl. Mercy's pistol hits harder than people expect. It's also a fast projectile. Maybe faster than rockets. Almost hit scan. I think a team of almost all Mercy damage boosting each other might do better than people think. They'd just need a Pharah or two as aerial Guardian Angel anchors.

Pharah's ability to splash damage will probably tilt the odds in her favor, but she's not a tank, and the sheer number of projectiles means she's going to need some Touhou maneuvering to get out unharmed.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Nehru the Damaja posted:

With Genji I at least get it because if you're a career Genji you're either doing it because "gently caress YEAH NINJA GUY IS RAD" or "gently caress YEAH I'M GOOD AS gently caress AT THIS HARD CHARACTER." Whether the latter is true or not doesn't matter. We've all seen there's a poo poo-ton of Genji mains out there who are not very honest appraisers of their own skill. And that is EXACTLY one kind of person I would expect to go into Competitive.

He is probably the most difficult hero in the game to play effectively, so 90% of those people who main Genji should probably be learning fundamentals rather than getting in over their heads.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

BabyRyoga posted:

He is probably the most difficult hero in the game to play effectively, so 90% of those people who main Genji should probably be learning fundamentals rather than getting in over their heads.

Strongly agree. The game starts the tutorial with Soldier for a reason. I wish there were a thing in game somewhere where you could compare your stats to the global average for that character and the global average among all characters in that category. Something where you could go "Hey, I got 2 kills as Genji that match. The average Genji kills 4 people, and the average Offense character kills 16!"

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

That's what I'm saying though. It's people who are poor judges of their own ability deciding "yeah I got that sweet Dragon Blade where I killed four people, so I must be incredibly badass at this difficult character on a consistent basis." If you're that blind to your own performance, of course you're gonna go try to make a name for yourself in competitive.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I cringe everytime a Genji gets POTG for this reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Had an offensive Torb in one of my placements that I actually ended up winning in, I would have gladly taken another loss just to avoid empowering his stupidity.

I ended 6-4 with 18 golds and started at 50 rank.