Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Cowslips Warren posted:

Trying to find a new series to binge watch. Game of Thrones got bad in season 5

Have you tried watching season six at all? I loving hated 5 (and probably half of 4), and I have to say the show manages to redeem itself. They made the Bran story actually interesting! For the first time ever!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Have you tried watching season six at all? I loving hated 5 (and probably half of 4), and I have to say the show manages to redeem itself. They made the Bran story actually interesting! For the first time ever!

5 was bad. 6 had maybe 5 times of actual decent plot and fighting. The few minutes between Brienne and Tormund, Dany torching the khals, Battle of the Bastards, Dany telling off the Masters and torching the fleet, and the end scene with her ships heading off to Westeros.

Everything with Dorne was insanely stupid and a waste. Riverrun was a waste. The entire plot with Arya was pointless and Tyrion was honestly bad, and he's the part of the show you can usually count on to be funny, but in Slaver's Bay he just came off as a jerk with bad memory. And while the CGI was good for the last episode, "rocks fall everyone dies" is a poo poo way to end a bunch of plots at once. And Bran, sorry mate, found him to be the worst part of the show, even worse than Dorne.

The Americans does look good though. Is Sons of Anarchy decent? I heard that the last season blows, but the person who told me that also said the ending of Breaking Bad was horrible.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I missed hotel breakfast yesterday, so I had to eat at a real restaurant. :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't sleep well last night and I woke up in a bad mood today. Sort of a combo of :( :argh: :negative: and :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

5 was bad. 6 had maybe 5 times of actual decent plot and fighting. The few minutes between Brienne and Tormund, Dany torching the khals, Battle of the Bastards, Dany telling off the Masters and torching the fleet, and the end scene with her ships heading off to Westeros.

Everything with Dorne was insanely stupid and a waste. Riverrun was a waste. The entire plot with Arya was pointless and Tyrion was honestly bad, and he's the part of the show you can usually count on to be funny, but in Slaver's Bay he just came off as a jerk with bad memory. And while the CGI was good for the last episode, "rocks fall everyone dies" is a poo poo way to end a bunch of plots at once. And Bran, sorry mate, found him to be the worst part of the show, even worse than Dorne.

The Americans does look good though. Is Sons of Anarchy decent? I heard that the last season blows, but the person who told me that also said the ending of Breaking Bad was horrible.

Sons of Anarchy is one of the worst shows ever made.

But lots of people love it. Like Walking Dead I guess.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Americans is one of the best shows. FX renewed it for two additional seasons.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Inzombiac posted:

Kinda opposite for me:
I'm always writing new tabletop stuff but none of my friends have the right schedules to play.

I'm freehanding a campaign now and with plans to go back to school and the rest of life I'm quickly losing interest, but luckily my group is big into hack and slash so the latest ruin they're exploring is just a huge excuse to generate combat encounters. They still seem to have fun though, so my problem is ~apathy~. Their last encounter was with a hostile giant that nearly tore them apart, which was a blast because so far they've just steamrolled over some of the nastier things I put together because apparently I can't plan for every contingency, hah

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: I'm eating better (not that I was eating junk before) and I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.

Welcome to the rabbit hole, friend. I eat every two hours or somebody dies :smith:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Jun 29, 2016

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Edit: I'm eating better (not that I was eating junk before) and I am HUNGRY ALL THE TIME.
You eventually get used to it :v:

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Yesterday I had overtime ending at 2 am.

Today I am working from home but I would rather just be sleeping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

For the second day in a row, I over slept and feel awful.
Luckily I work nights but now I don't have time for activities!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

5 was bad. 6 had maybe 5 times of actual decent plot and fighting.

Fair enough. I personally thought the show had vastly improved itself over the previous couple years.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There is like nothing memorable in the first 8 episodes in season 6. Maybe "hold the door" and the tower fight and Al Swearengen. Everything with Arya and the snakes was a waste of time. They wasted Tyrion Lannister the whole year.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I think Season 3 was the damned best. Red Wedding. the Second Sons, the Unsullied, mutiny at Craster's, etc.

Season 6, Tyrion would have been redeemed if GreyWorm had slapped his poo poo at least once.

FWP: our afternoon guy will be out another two months. I get the feeling my boss is going to try and hold off my transfer till then.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Yesterday my boss yelled at me for taking a meal break that I was rightfully entitled to, and had approved by another manager, while I was still on break. What's even worse is that he seemed totally fine with it until after I finished eating, when he cornered me and started his spiel with "so here's the thing about labor laws.." then proceeded not only to berate me, but to give me false information about when I was allowed to take breaks. If I wanted to make a big deal of it, I could argue that he owes me an extra hour of pay for interrupting my break and failing to relieve me of all work-related duties.

While I was on break he also berated the bartender and the other manager about some other petty bullshit. The poor new girl who was only on her second day of work was supposed to be training with one of the managers, but was scared to ask either of them for help with anything because they were arguing with each other all night. rear end in a top hat manager also gave her incorrect information on pricing that I had to correct, and told the other manager the kitchen was supposed to close an hour before it actually does.

Basically, my boss was just loud and angry and wrong about everything last night. And he just got promoted to general manager, because he sucks up to the owner and makes everything look good on paper even though we're all miserable.

Today, the assistant manager told me I should probably look for another job. She's probably right.

:smith:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I kind of feel like a snack but I'm already in bed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One time I went to poop and I pulled down my pants and then my boxers instead of both simultaneously.
Nothing has felt right since then.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
I have a sore tooth but also would rather spend my money on not-dentist stuff

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

One time I went to poop and I pulled down my pants and then my boxers instead of both simultaneously.

Im so sorry for you.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
A really good lead engineer from a company we work with left the project (and company) and his replacement is hoplessly overburdened with all the stuff he now needs to do. I really worry that because of his inability to act on stuff will be really bad for the completion of our project.
So my FWP is that I hate how a lot of companies don't know how to hold on to valuable workers.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The company my mom works for just got bought out. But all the managers have to tell them it's a partnership, not a buyout.

And no one is gonna lose their jobs. They promise.

Buuuuuuuuuut since technology is the wave of the future they want to cut costs. So instead of you calling in to get a replacement fridge, you would use an app and select the fridge you want and pick the delivery day and wait for confirmation (which would be about 24-48 hours) and see, perfect! it's why we can have fully robotic staffed food places too, cause there are never any issues you would need to speak to someone about when replacing a loving appliance.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Robotic waiters never interrupt you to ask how you are enjoying your meal while you are in the middle of chewing.

Invisble Manuel
Nov 4, 2009
On a conference call and there's someone breathing loudly and wetly.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Inzombiac posted:

:psyduck:
I didn't even do this myself and it's making me feel weird.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Mu Zeta posted:

Robotic waiters never interrupt you to ask how you are enjoying your meal while you are in the middle of chewing.

That or stop by like three seconds after your food has been served to ask how everything is tasting.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I should probably look for another job.

I was supposed to work this Sunday, but last night one of the managers cancelled my shift and put someone else on the schedule. I just checked the schedule again to see if any other changes have been made, and it turns out the entire schedule for next week has already been published. I have no shifts on it.

:smith:

On the upside, I have a direct line to one of the C-level executives/investors, who despises the GM, so I can probably get a few people fired on my way out if I'm feeling vindictive.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Noctone posted:

That or stop by like three seconds after your food has been served to ask how everything is tasting.

I think that's more to make sure everything is correct and something was forgotten or you weren't provided with the wrong side.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My mom's pizza had extra sauce weeping out from under the cheese. She asked for light sauce. My pizza was perfect.

I really want to go for a walk and it was supposed to be overcast but it's bright as gently caress and over 100*.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Condolences :(

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Noctone posted:

I've just learned to vomit on command that shows them real good

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I had to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor of my new actually pretty nice apartment for two weeks. It made my back and hips kind of hurt a bit. That made moving my bed kind of hurt.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I bought a scale and while I didn't weigh as much as I was afraid I would it's still more than I was hoping.

Also my dad bought me a new computer monitor for my birthday on the 25th of last month and it already has a dead pixel :shepface: Admittedly only in the very lower right corner, I only see it when I look at the system clock, but still.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

My boyfriend and I broke up and even though most of the furniture and appliances were mine there are still some things I need to buy including a new tv and ugh

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HOLY gently caress posted:

My boyfriend and I broke up and even though most of the furniture and appliances were mine there are still some things I need to buy including a new tv and ugh

Never date anyone. Just break into a cute boys apartment and refuse to leave.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Clinton1011 posted:

I think that's more to make sure everything is correct and something was forgotten or you weren't provided with the wrong side.

I'm just talking about when they specifically ask how it tastes, not if everything looks ok.

FWP: I showed up to the airport about three hours before my flight expecting a lot of holiday travelers to be causing delays. Turns out not many people travel out of Maui on a 4th of July weekend, so I breezed through check-in and security and have been twiddling my thumbs for two hours. Could've spent more time at the beach. :mad:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

There was a big fight on the online rpg I am on (with about 10 other people) because one dude decided his character, being so smart, is able to rush into a room, grab the two people inside, throw an explosive over his shoulder to level the exit as they are leaving, then rush out and inspect one of the passed out people AND determine what drug she was dosed with. In the space of one line/turn. The other three people in the scene are pretty pissed but he won't back down so now it's all on hold.

Trying to find a new series to binge watch. Game of Thrones got bad in season 5. Have done Mad Men and Breaking Bad. What next?

My mom's job has been bought by a rival company. Hers insists it is a partnership but the owners told her it was a sale.

My Nexus tablet seems to be dying. It is three years old but come on!

House of Cards, if you haven't already. I'm only on Season 1, when things apparently haven't even gotten Cah-ray-zee, and I'm still enthralled.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Inzombiac posted:

Never date anyone. Just break into a cute boys apartment and refuse to leave.

That probably would've been easier than going to Ikea on a Saturday, which is what I ended up doing :shepspends:

My friend has recently become a beauty blogger and her eyebrows are getting more and more terrible. Like straight up thick, square Instagram brows that don't suit her at all but i don't know how to tell her. Also maybe they do look good and I'm just bad at things like this? Oh god :negative:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

HOLY gently caress posted:

That probably would've been easier than going to Ikea on a Saturday, which is what I ended up doing :shepspends:

My friend has recently become a beauty blogger and her eyebrows are getting more and more terrible. Like straight up thick, square Instagram brows that don't suit her at all but i don't know how to tell her. Also maybe they do look good and I'm just bad at things like this? Oh god :negative:

Fashion is subjective and they probably look good unless they're tattooed on. She can shape them for the next brow fashion acceptance, and in the meantime you should accept her side-shave cut for how it is, because it does actually look good, but only for a flash in the pan.

Tell her that her eyebrow game is great, support her through it, and let her hit the next cycle of fashion as far as makeup goes. If she's squaring her brows, she needs that more than a half-assed wakeup call from somebody who isn't on her fashion radar. Work through it, not against it. Eyebrow game is as fluctuating as season colors.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I hate fireworks. Especially the giant bomb explosion ones

"Celebrate the independence of your nation by blowing up a small part of it." NO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEwddMPX1NU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I bought some pants from a brand I like in my size but it's just a little small.

Obviously it is a manufacturing error.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
^^ My pants fit tighter than before. Clearly they have shrunk in the dryer...

I've been cooking a lot of tasty food for the past few months. Today I made some pilaf but apparently it smelled too much like cat food because my cats kept trying to eat it.

I usually go to bed 2-3 hours before this but these stupid fireworks are keeping me awake.