Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Studies have shown that people who start the day with a protein-rich breakfast consume 200 fewer calories per day. Part of this reason is because the amino acids help dull hunger, leaving you feeling fuller for longer! Shakeology has a whopping 15 grams of protein so drinkShakeology in the AM if you're looking to lose weight!

:eyepop: 15 grams!

I don't want to weigh less you dope, why do you think I'm lifting irons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
shakeology is amazing, they have videos on their website that back me up!

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got damb that squat tho

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

also can someone tell me why the gently caress my abs are sore? the only 2 things I did that I'm not used to yesterday were reverse grip lat pulldown(using the Omar tip where you scoot forward with a little arc in your back to pull it straight down) and also cable crossovers after I did bench. I feel soreness in the spots I'd expect, but right in my abs too.

is this a salami issue?

You either did pulldowns wrong and were crunching them a bit, or your weak pathetic abs were strained holding yourself upright when using the cables.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Deadlift every day. In full gear.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 28, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDTsqd-5g_c

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Deadlift every day. In full gear.

Your [unedited] secret is safe with me Tiny Lowtax

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

jm20 posted:

Your [unedited] secret is safe with me Tiny Lowtax

I'm just bad at the Internet. I'm old.

Is the secret the fact I edited out where you can see the name on my gear? I just edited out that part because you don't need to see me walking up to the bar after starting the camera.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I saw both that and the previous account name which matched :wink:

Link is still live for the one you probably want hidden

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jun 28, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

jm20 posted:

I saw both that and the previous account name which matched :wink:

Yeaaaahhh. I wasn't really trying to hide that per se. But I did want the video on my new channel that will be for my new business.

But please, keep it secret. Keep it safe.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Staying at a swamp hut in nicaragua, drinking my gains away.

Until i found an oasis. A rusty old bench set near my hammock. Just did like 60 bench presses and ohps

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yeaaaahhh. I wasn't really trying to hide that per se. But I did want the video on my new channel that will be for my new business.

But please, keep it secret. Keep it safe.

It's too late, he knows your true name and will use it to steal your gains

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Gains? I have no gains.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Grains for gains.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I love my dead gay gains.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Gains gone. So what.

Boko Haram
Dec 22, 2008

Come on GBS why aren't you big yet? gently caress I need another pump.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

You either did pulldowns wrong and were crunching them a bit, or your weak pathetic abs were strained holding yourself upright when using the cables.

probably the last one. NOt only have I not been back in the gym all that long, I haven't done poo poo for abs, and have laid off the squats/deadlifts as well. I did all the cable work and bicep curls basically super setted with no rest(I did lat pull down, then bicep curls and face pulls which all required a stiff core), so my abs were basically tensed up almost the entire time for the 10 or 15 minute it took to do that.

my back feels much better already but I know better, I'm giving it another 3 or 4 weeks before I even start squatting or deadlifting light again.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
2 weeks into my bulk and finally my strength has returned

I can go super saiyan again :getin:

CmdrSmirnoff
Oct 27, 2005
happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy
I went outside and swimming and now my shoulders are so sunburned that I can't move my arms to do any lifts

Cardio Kills

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Skin cancer kills. Use sunscreen ya doofus

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If God wanted us to be immune to cancer he wouldn't have taken grandma.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
swimming is the best form of cardio

discuss

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
http://wkrn.com/2016/06/26/ohio-teen-dies-after-contracting-brain-eating-amoeba-while-swimming/

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
If the choice was between brain-eating amoeba and living in Ohio, I can understand.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

swimming is the best form of cardio

discuss

in the ocean, yeah

chlorine/piss based swimming is bad, ungood.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I feel fat, brb going to eat more food

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
woo new bench PR. A 1 rep max calculator said I should be able to max 170 lbs which I doubted, then I gave it a shot tonight and actually managed 175. I know that's not poo poo to most people but it's the strongest I've ever been in my life. 2 or 3 months ago I could barely rep 115lbs like 3 or 4 times.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

jm20 posted:

I feel fat, brb going to eat more food

Just gotta eat your way through to the other side.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What therapy is best therapy for arm and shoulder?

Already doing high intensity dick jerks.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

woo new bench PR. A 1 rep max calculator said I should be able to max 170 lbs which I doubted, then I gave it a shot tonight and actually managed 175. I know that's not poo poo to most people but it's the strongest I've ever been in my life. 2 or 3 months ago I could barely rep 115lbs like 3 or 4 times.

:toot:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I did some crossfitty warrior thing class at my gym and now I have the worst ab DOMS.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bakalakadaka posted:

I did some crossfitty warrior thing class at my gym and now I have the worst ab DOMS.

It hurts now, but remember: You only have to do crossfit once to talk about crossfit for the rest of your life.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Bakalakadaka posted:

Friends don't let friends crossfit. What I'm sayin is, we're not friends.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Hey that's pretty cool & motivational. thanks for sharing.

Also, congrats

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Chinatown posted:

in the ocean, yeah

chlorine/piss based swimming is bad, ungood.

we aint all got a fuckin ocean near us you gently caress

do not be so inflammatory

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

jm20 posted:

Friends don't let friends crossfit. What I'm sayin is, we're not friends.

Tbh I don't think there was enough risk of injury for it to be real CrossFit I think I'm safe.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I used to go to a gym that had a pool and I started using it and within a few days my whole body was covered in zits. Gym pools are loving disgusting.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Getting near a 315 dadlift, still can't do 5 reps of a 225 squat :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
i fucken popped my rib out front squatting lmao i think its time for me to take a bit of a break

• Locked thread