Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
They fixed the chapter 3 bug so it retroactively awards it now at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People are saying they also nerfed the amount of jawa junk you get from packs.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

I'm glad that I've decided to go with the agent for the post-50 Imp content, because Makeb's storyline feels like it was written specifically for them. Is there just a shitton of unique dialogue for each class or something? I find it pretty hard to imagine anyone else fitting in so easily as a commander.

Now all I've got left is the SoR content and I'll finally be able to try out that shiny new eternal empire poo poo.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Adding to the list of undocumented changes the credit rewards from Heroics was nerfed by about 60% from 18,345 at 65 to 7,345.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

prefect posted:

If you're telling me that we lose Scorpio, I'm going to hit the roof. Do you know how many gifts I had to buy to get to level 50?

Well.... She's Scorpio, what do you think happens. Also remember that the title of the chapter is "The Gemini Deception"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

People are saying they also nerfed the amount of jawa junk you get from packs.

Yeah I bought a super crate and the green junk drops were 8 instead of 15.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Adding to the list of undocumented changes the credit rewards from Heroics was nerfed by about 60% from 18,345 at 65 to 7,345.

Love that this is technically going to be a good thing in the long run to curb the post 4.0 mega inflation but coupled with the jacking of hypercrate prices it's going to cause some major complaining.

:Popcorn:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

dmboogie posted:

I'm glad that I've decided to go with the agent for the post-50 Imp content, because Makeb's storyline feels like it was written specifically for them. Is there just a shitton of unique dialogue for each class or something? I find it pretty hard to imagine anyone else fitting in so easily as a commander.

Light Side Inquisitor does pretty well too, since they have their own power base they order around on a fairly regular basis. Dark side too, probably, but with more lightning.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Medullah posted:

Love that this is technically going to be a good thing in the long run to curb the post 4.0 mega inflation but coupled with the jacking of hypercrate prices it's going to cause some major complaining.

Plus it might encourage people to group more for the bonus. I stopped counting the amount of times I've asked people to group with heroics while in zone only to be ignored and see them basically running side by side with me. Don't they like money?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Trast posted:

Plus it might encourage people to group more for the bonus. I stopped counting the amount of times I've asked people to group with heroics while in zone only to be ignored and see them basically running side by side with me. Don't they like money?

No it won't. People that didn't want to group for 15k credits per person aren't gonna group for 7k. They'll just skip the bonus objectives. :)

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I could care less about the change personally, however, undocumented changes are a scumbag move that set a very bad precedent.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Medullah posted:

No it won't. People that didn't want to group for 15k credits per person aren't gonna group for 7k. They'll just skip the bonus objectives. :)

Stop raining on my parade. :smith:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

I could care less about the change personally, however, undocumented changes are a scumbag move that set a very bad precedent.

Especially since apparently Musco mentioned that any change not explicitly mentioned in patch notes is a bug fix, so this implies the credits were a bug.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Especially since apparently Musco mentioned that any change not explicitly mentioned in patch notes is a bug fix, so this implies the credits were a bug.

It's on "purpose"

quote:

Hey folks,

I just wanted to pop into the thread and confirm that the Heroic Mission Rewards were reduced. This wasn't intended to be a "stealth change," but it was missed from the patch notes and we apologize for that. We are working on getting it added to the notes soon.

Sorry for any confusion.

-eric

Also lots of angry people on the forums about the CC cost increase for cartel packs.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha poor Eric, I really want to fly out to Austin and give him a hug. He has the most painful job. I pretty much do the same thing with business software and it's hard enough getting yelled at by multi million dollar businesses, I can't imagine the pain of non stop 16 year old kids yelling at you and wishing death upon you.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Hahaha poor Eric, I really want to fly out to Austin and give him a hug. He has the most painful job. I pretty much do the same thing with business software and it's hard enough getting yelled at by multi million dollar businesses, I can't imagine the pain of non stop 16 year old kids yelling at you and wishing death upon you.

Yeah but then you'd have to go to Austin.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah but then you'd have to go to Austin.

Austin is objectively a pretty drat cool town, anyone that says otherwise is a dickhead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

Then they are incompetent.....which isn't any better than being liars.

It's their JOB to be thorough in the patch notes. And I think decreasing credits earned in heroics is one that might not want to be omitted.

I believe I've hit my breaking point. I've been a loyal subscriber since the game started. Stuck through all the BS they have pulled the last few years. But, I am DONE.

This game just isn't worth all the crap they put us through anymore.

Unsubbed. I wish you all well.

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

That guy can eat poo poo. Compiling thorough patch notes is boring and awful and no one should have to do them.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

That's the breaking point? "I *refuse* to play anything with less than thoroughly researched and curated patch notes!"

Fuzz posted:

Austin is objectively a pretty drat cool town, anyone that says otherwise is a dickhead.

"Objectively" You can call me a dickhead then :/

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

I do the bonus objectives for XP. Although the last time I did one of those multi-stage bonuses, the final stage was something like 1XP. That was a let-down.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Oh delightful the new chapter has platforming!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sigh, sadly another on-rails chapter.

(spoilers)

HAhaha you really raised your influence level to 50 with SCORPIO? I'm surprised it took this long for her to betray you. Even in the IA storyline she talks about how she would murder you if her programming allowed it.

Just the simple fact that this was titled the Gemini Deception should have clued you in. :D

Bit bummed that it was pretty straight forward. A few nice mini-puzzles that essentially boiled down to "Don't stand in fire". I didn't see any secret achievements or anything, the bonus mission just rewarded credits. Oh well.

I wonder if they're setting this up for Season 2 to be SCORPIO and Vailyn BFFs against the world.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Also, from what I'm hearing the nerf to heroics was for the base credits only? The bonus credits are still there? Then why are people whining?

Orv
May 4, 2011
This is probably a really dumb question but I have a bunch of cartel armor sets sitting around from discontinued packs, and the pieces for all of them are now a trillion credits, there's absolutely no way to get the individual pieces to another character if I want to use them as outfit stuff right?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Orv posted:

This is probably a really dumb question but I have a bunch of cartel armor sets sitting around from discontinued packs, and the pieces for all of them are now a trillion credits, there's absolutely no way to get the individual pieces to another character if I want to use them as outfit stuff right?

Well, if the pieces aren't bound to a character, you can mail them. If they are, you would need to complete the full set on that character, and then you could unlock it account-wide in collections and make copies for all your other characters. But you can't just take the boots off one guy and mail them to another. You can do that with legacy gear, but not cartel market gear.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I should have specified sorry, they are bound because I am a spectacular idiot. Well poo poo.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Sigh, sadly another on-rails chapter.

(spoilers)

HAhaha you really raised your influence level to 50 with SCORPIO? I'm surprised it took this long for her to betray you. Even in the IA storyline she talks about how she would murder you if her programming allowed it.

Just the simple fact that this was titled the Gemini Deception should have clued you in. :D

Bit bummed that it was pretty straight forward. A few nice mini-puzzles that essentially boiled down to "Don't stand in fire". I didn't see any secret achievements or anything, the bonus mission just rewarded credits. Oh well.

I wonder if they're setting this up for Season 2 to be SCORPIO and Vailyn BFFs against the world.

Yeah, most people should have seen this coming a long while ago. My only problem with it is that it now means any of the original 'safe' companions from pre-kotfe could now screw you over regardless of your choices, which is a bit off.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Yeah, most people should have seen this coming a long while ago. My only problem with it is that it now means any of the original 'safe' companions from pre-kotfe could now screw you over regardless of your choices, which is a bit off.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is either a double heel turn and she comes back to help you in the climax of chapter 16 or they give you a Gemini droid with her basic personality.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I'm an agent so of course I maxed her. Best companion

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is either a double heel turn and she comes back to help you in the climax of chapter 16 or they give you a Gemini droid with her basic personality.

I was thinking that or in the next season, bit harsh otherwise.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I guess this is why they had Ghost Dad gently caress off 3 chapters ago, so he wouldn't spend the entirety of the last two chapters going "Jesus christ my son is so incompetent."

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
After all the bitching on the official forums the LvD event seems to be a success so far in-game...on Harby this morning there have been a steady 4+ Instances on all 4 starting planets.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think the most useful part of this chapter is this -

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

I was never a fan of SCORPIO myself. So here finally stabbing you in the back will make eventually blowing her and the fleet up all the sweeter.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So the Dark vs. Light event can get you some pretty good rewards.

Yes, that's 2 white crystals in my 5 packs. Too bad they're bound.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Casyl posted:

Nice. Too bad weapons can't be included in outfit designer or you could pass that along.

Actually, can you at least unlock it in collections?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Casyl posted:

You can still unlock them for collections right?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I saw someone whining in zone earlier because they pulled a volatile conqueror saber out of one of their packs. On their agent.

Medullah posted:

Yup. Time will tell, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

I got 1365. Although that wasn't on my IA, who's the one with rank-50 Scorpio.

I think I out-clevered myself -- I was convinced that Scorpio was going to turn out to have been compromised by her brief inspection of the Gemini system, and it was going to take control of her. Did not enjoy that three-way choice right before the end, though. :mad:

And if we end up having to team up with that shithead Arcann to beat Scorpio, I will pitch such a fit. :rant:

• Locked thread