Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

German board games are generally pretty neat, they are known for really good game design. So, good pick, Fujiwara.

yeah, I was just thinking of some of the games with bleaker themes and trying to figure out what that means about her.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New tamen de gushi
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi/Ch-103?id=290949

I love this goofy gay couple :allears:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Extremely good gross good

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Glorious.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
there's a new Yatamomo chapter!
Momo's mom is such a piece of poo poo, jesus

They aren't the most well-adjusted couple but that kinda sums them up really well; Momo gets treated roughly but doesn't mind it, and he's so broken he needs the kind of intense looking-after Yata provides. They're a couple of pretty extreme guys that cross lines that shouldn't get crossed but that also makes their relationship dramatic and exciting to read (Harada's art helps there too :v:). Having an ostensibly normal person observing their relationship and interacting with them in this volume has been interesting so far. I have to wonder if he's going to have more going on that just being the innocent, put-upon neighbor by the end though. But jeez could you imagine living next to them haha

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A new chapter of Kuzumi-kun, ty person who found this gem: http://bato.to/reader#44b06bcbdfdd3aa4

in which our main character finds out she has a love rival

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Compendium posted:

A new chapter of Kuzumi-kun, ty person who found this gem: http://bato.to/reader#44b06bcbdfdd3aa4

in which our main character finds out she has a love rival

I support the trend of nice delinquent-looking boys. But yeah, I'm enjoying Kuzumi-kun a lot and am glad that other people are checking it out!

And apparently there's actual romantic progress later on, so that's exciting as well :)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is the best Horimiya in a good while

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yeah definitely. It should focus on that kind of comedy more often

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter of I Always Think of Kuzumi, in which Kuzumi finally notices Erika's feminine charms - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kusumi-kun-Kuuki-Yometemasu-ka/Vol-001-Ch-001--I-always-think-of-Kuzumi-?id=296795

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: jfc this post was bad

Motto fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 3, 2017

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kare to Kanojo no Chiguhagu - new tall girl x smol boy manga

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

That was cute. :3:

Motto posted:

c13 of Bloom into You, which has convinced me that yeah, this probably isn't a good manga. Gives me the vibe of something that's going to resolve uncomfortably when the best thing for the protagonist would've been to drop their unhealthy relationship like a sack of bricks.

I kind of feel like your reactions to these chapters are the opposite of mine, in that I thought the last chapter was horrible for the reason you just gave, but this one was fairly sweet. :3:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's not just on account of this chapter, but this

plus a reread of the last few has soured me on it.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I like it :kimchi:

I hope it gets frequent updates. I want a tall GF too...

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It appears to be just one volume so hopefully it won't take long to get all of it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Harada's story in Joshi BL is kind of amazing. It's a body swap plot between an ojousama-type girl and an unpopular guy and is really funny. NSFW at the end fyi.

I've enjoyed all the stories from that anthology so far though some have been better than others. I hope the whole thing gets translated because it's a neat theme.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jul 4, 2016

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
So I was trying to find the video of Naoki Urasawa interviewing Akiko Higashimura (:love::love::love:) and I saw a little news snippet that she was writing a manga about young men trying to become better house husbandos, but she had to cancel it because dudes were crying about it being derogatory?! I'm currently a house husbando myself so I would've loved to read it.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Chas McGill posted:

So I was trying to find the video of Naoki Urasawa interviewing Akiko Higashimura (:love::love::love:) and I saw a little news snippet that she was writing a manga about young men trying to become better house husbandos, but she had to cancel it because dudes were crying about it being derogatory?! I'm currently a house husbando myself so I would've loved to read it.

drat, that sounds like it would have been a fun manga. I wish the article I saw on it had said what they found so offensive about it, because I'm really curious what got them all stirred up over it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I wish the article I saw on it had said what they found so offensive about it, because I'm really curious what got them all stirred up over it.

presumably the notion of househusbands being a thing set them off, because Nerds are awful

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Chas McGill posted:

This is the kind of content I want to read (disclaimer: not a house husbando), but it's a shame a fuss was raised about it of all things

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

people are so quick to jump to conclusions...

the actual complaints were because anyone (so both male and female) that stayed at home was made out to be a worthless leech, a loser. and because it constantly made fun of her assistants and depicted her using her power to harass them into doing non job related work for her

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

Harada's story in Joshi BL is kind of amazing. It's a body swap plot between an ojousama-type girl and an unpopular guy and is really funny. NSFW at the end fyi.

I've enjoyed all the stories from that anthology so far though some have been better than others. I hope the whole thing gets translated because it's a neat theme.

I'd love to read a josei done by Harada :kimchi:

Also for creating female characters in BL who aren't there to be obstacles to the MC. It's a shame since BL manga-ka only tend to stick to their genre but pretty boys.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

I am a sucker for these, which seems kind of odd considering I'm 6'1".

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Davincie posted:

people are so quick to jump to conclusions...

the actual complaints were because anyone (so both male and female) that stayed at home was made out to be a worthless leech, a loser. and because it constantly made fun of her assistants and depicted her using her power to harass them into doing non job related work for her

Yeah the more I'm reading about that whole situation it sounds like the complaints are pretty valid.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Alder posted:

I'd love to read a josei done by Harada :kimchi:

Also for creating female characters in BL who aren't there to be obstacles to the MC. It's a shame since BL manga-ka only tend to stick to their genre but pretty boys.

Not so much pretty boys, but Yoneda Kou just started up a seinen manga called Op.

Now that I think about it, there are quite a few that have dabbled in other genres. Hidaka Shoko did a two-shot josei called Mizutama Puzzle that's been translated, and some of Yamashita Tomoko & Nakamura Asumiko's stuff have been translated. Mizushiro Setona is a generally shojo mangaka that has done some BL. And there's Junko with Kiss Him Not Me, of course. Yukimura did a yuri oneshot. I can think of some other mangaka that genre swap but those haven't been translated.

Plus, some non-BL by Amagakure Gido and Yamanaka Hiko has been licenced by Kodansha: http://kodanshacomics.com/2016/03/21/kodansha-license-announcement.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Kusaru posted:

Not so much pretty boys, but Yoneda Kou just started up a seinen manga called Op.

Now that I think about it, there are quite a few that have dabbled in other genres. Hidaka Shoko did a two-shot josei called Mizutama Puzzle that's been translated, and some of Yamashita Tomoko & Nakamura Asumiko's stuff have been translated. Mizushiro Setona is a generally shojo mangaka that has done some BL. And there's Junko with Kiss Him Not Me, of course. Yukimura did a yuri oneshot. I can think of some other mangaka that genre swap but those haven't been translated.

Plus, some non-BL by Amagakure Gido and Yamanaka Hiko has been licenced by Kodansha: http://kodanshacomics.com/2016/03/21/kodansha-license-announcement.

Thanks will check it out. I read the final chapter to Mizutama Puzzle and disappointed it ended so soon :sigh:

I watched the first episode of Orange and wow, I don't remember reading much of the manga but it looks great animated. Also it's been ages since I watched a shoujo-like anime. Although a part of me wonders would I really rmb anything from 10 yrs after HS? Probably not.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

i need the cute yuri, please help me adtrw-sama

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Astro Ambulance posted:

Dunno what you have or haven't read. BUT

Girl Friends
Whispered Words
Hana and Hina After School

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Astro Ambulance posted:

Basically anything by Morishima.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Astro Ambulance posted:

The Flower and the Star
Romance Girls File/Renai Jyoshi File
Pretty much anything by Akiko Morishima

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jul 4, 2016

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Astro Ambulance posted:

http://bato.to/reader#5aa00b3a66c4e7bd

My go-to cute yuri.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kaze-san is good

Last chapter 13 May 2015 :negative:

At least it's getting a western release

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Ojojojo chapters 33 & 34 are out

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ojojojo/Vol-003-Ch-033?id=298920

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

I don't recall seeing this mentioned, I was doing my regular josei search and started reading Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/simply-good-taste-for-a-dukes-daughter-r17720
It's been pretty good and regularly updated. I like the premise and whatnot so far. Hopefully it gets a bit deeper as it goes along, but it's just started so I'm more lenient.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Shirec posted:

I don't recall seeing this mentioned, I was doing my regular josei search and started reading Simply Good Taste for a Duke's Daughter http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/simply-good-taste-for-a-dukes-daughter-r17720
It's been pretty good and regularly updated. I like the premise and whatnot so far. Hopefully it gets a bit deeper as it goes along, but it's just started so I'm more lenient.

The translation for the web novel is actually pretty far along so if you're interested in jumping ahead, you can read it: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/common-sense-of-a-dukes-daughter/

The translator's RL has gotten crazy though so there hasn't been an update since April. I read both the manga and novel since the manga's progressing differently in terms of adding and showing events that weren't completely elaborated on in writing.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm glad Otouto no Otto is still going strong: http://bato.to/reader#1b2b7f0e14e1cb90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
There was less drama in that chapter than I expected.

New chapter of Saiyaku Wa Boku O Suki Sugiru and looks like a new group picked it up so maybe it'll finally get regular updates again.