Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
Shooter McGhazi

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i dont think trump has learned to campaign

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

these donald trump memes, on the grand scale of all memes, feel weak like trumps tiny fingers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ostentatious posted:

these donald trump memes, on the grand scale of all memes, feel weak like trumps tiny fingers

That's because they're "conservative" memes, a true meme has no political allegiance.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And they would be better off saving the cash, honestly. If Trump is losing by the numbers we have seen (if those numbers are true), then the donors aren't going to help him at all. Nobody is going to toss cash to a scam artist without a chance in the world. This is the kind of poo poo that people point to in hindsight and mutter 'this is where it ended.'

This isn't about turning out the base to support Trump. You're right, spending money on Trump's campaign is for dumb idiots. Spending the same money you were going to spend on the GOP presidential nominee to motivate your base so that you don't end up losing Senate/House seats is a better plan.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Jonked posted:

You don't remember the 90s, do you

They still talk about Chappaquiddick like it means anything to anybody born after 1996

I was born in 88 and I still don't know what the gently caress it is

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TheTatteredKing posted:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
chappaquiddick was like benghazi times a hundred 9/11s

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Imagine four cars at the edge of a dock

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Ostentatious posted:

remember yesterday when some guy here said "Donald Trump is the Stronest Presidential Candidate in US History"

i must have missed that amidst all the GLOBAL FINANCIERS :supaburn: and "actually mental illness doesnt exist"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah there was some primo trumpbrains on display yesterday

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

chappaquiddick was like benghazi times a hundred 9/11s

we all died as a result of chappaquiddick
all of us

we are now dead

trump

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 29, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

How does Trump president strike a blow against disorganized rich people?
I don't think we ever got that answer

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
What was the last national poll (besides today) that he cited on twitter?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Scott Forstall posted:

another quinnipac poll showing him down two points, iirc

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Scott Forstall posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743852552257626112

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Slate Action posted:

Trump now in third place in Reuters tracking, behind Hillary and 'Other'

OTHER! :argh:

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_13/dates/20160401-20160628/type/smallest

Good news...for Governor Jeb! Bush!!

TheTatteredKing posted:

Same here, I've never heard anyone discuss it outside of this forum and conservative talk radio.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Trump's gonna buy votes by giving their non voting age siblings $100. SCOTUS goes "eh, he didn't give it to them directly"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/747874261583470592

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
filled ears with rubber cement; tired of hearing bias against trump. only read trump transcripts now

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
there is one demographic trump is improving with :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/748157929359085568

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

TheTatteredKing posted:

Ted Kennedy was married and probably banging his much younger assistant. He was driving her home from a party and crashed a car into the water. He escaped the car and left her there and she died because of it, she would have made it had he contacted the cops. The body also had no panties on when they found it.

So the insinuation is that Kennedy either killed her, or let her die rather than risk getting caught having an affair. It doesn't stack up because banging your young assistant is a time honored tradition in DC. "I will gently caress my boss however nasty and dirty he wants it" is pretty much in the job description of a political assistant. So being caught with a young assistant you are banging is a non issue. Alternatively he could have been trying to hide the fact that he was driving drunk, but again a Senator driving drunk is not a thing they get in trouble for.

Regardless, she died because Kennedy did not call the cops and was alive without her panties in the car underwater for two hours. It's a tragic accident to liberals, to conservatives it's seems like a conspiracy and proves that liberal crusaders for women's rights don't give a drat about the women in their lives who aren't from elite backgrounds. The tragic accident and liberals not caring part is true, but the amount of loony conspiracy theories that came up around it turned it into a conspiracy fest. So while "Ted Kennedy is kinda of a jerk and hypocrite who let a woman die rather than get caught on the news" may have stuck, the insanity that came out later means people just roll their eyes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the moral of the story is that the kennedies are all kind of terrible people

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

mannerup posted:

there is one demographic trump is improving with :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/748157929359085568

trumpmentum

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

I wanna reiterate how much Trump stands up for his weird 90s friends

Trump QUOTE OF THE DAY

quote:

Boy, am I happy about the Michael Jackson verdict...from the start it was obvious that the accuser's mother was just plain bad news...I just wish they could now prosecute her...Michael, for a little while at least, keep a low profile. Stay out of the tabloids and, for goodness sake, don't say hello to those little boys.

And why not

quote:

I know a lot of incredibly successful women. They have great educations, stellar careers, impressive jobs and super families. But secretly they may be suffering from something that therapists call 'bag lady syndrome.'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/christophermassie/theres-hours-of-audio-of-donald-trumps-nationally-syndicated?utm_term=.lg1zOjlv#.ipXaqgpB

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

filled ears with rubber cement; tired of hearing bias against trump. only read trump transcripts now

sealed self in moldering tomb, with only the flicker of a candle to guide me as I meditate upon a 3x5 glossy of your glorious face.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

There are some good ballotpedia swing state polls but I can't find a convenient tweet with all the results so y'all will have to look them up yourselves

It says Hillary is beating Trump 46/37 in ohio

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Here we go

https://twitter.com/ppollingnumbers/status/748155706382123008

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Badger of Basra posted:

There are some good ballotpedia swing state polls but I can't find a convenient tweet with all the results so y'all will have to look them up yourselves

She's beating Trump in Florida by 14 points

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
When your EV strategy absolutely hinges on Florida to win and you're down by 14 and haven't spent any money and don't have any ground operation to speak of you are probably completely hosed

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

When are we going to get some polls of swing state New York?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/748183050643771392

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
That Ballotpedia poll looks like an outlier. CBS/YouGov has Hillary at +3 in FL for example, and a new SurveyUSA poll has Hillary at +4.

If I am Trump, I'd be reassured at these numbers. He basically has a sham campaign at the moment, while Hillary and her SuperPAC are going all out, and they are only down 3-5% in key battleground states.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
Update to the "Trump soliciting donations from foreign elected officials" story--

TPM posted:

I've now confirmed that Trump and sons have also been sending emails to all the MPs in Australia and Denmark. I have unconfirmed reports that MPs in Canada also received them. Indeed, Labor MP Tim Watts of Australia tells me he's gotten a flood of emails from the Trump's asking for money to defeat Crooked Hillary.

Now, you're likely asking: what on Earth is going on here? Obviously, it is strictly against US election law to receive campaign contributions from foreign nationals. I suspect knowingly soliciting them is likely also illegal. And when you're soliciting money from foreign parliamentarians it's probably a pretty good bet they're not US citizens. But obviously, as big as a buffoon as Trump is, and as crooked as he is, there's no possible way his campaign is intentionally soliciting small donor contributions from members of foreign parliaments. Somehow this must be incompetence in how they bought their email solicitation lists. But how?

The only plausible answer seems to be that the Trump campaign either dealt with a sloppy or disreputable list broker or was so desperate after its horrible May FEC report was released that it went to a broker and just said they wanted every list and they'd sort it all out later. I confess that both scenarios seem a little farfetched. But some version of one of them basically had to happen, unless there's a prankster actually inside the campaign.

So again, how can they be this incompetent, raining shame down on America by bombarding the descendants of Vikings with perplexing emails about his battle with Crooked Hillary?

As one of my colleagues noted, they need to be raising a ton of money right now, like before midnight tomorrow. Why? Because the June fundraising report will drop in late July, right during the GOP convention. If it looks as ridiculous as the last one, that will be a big problem. So basically, Iceland, Denmark, Australia, blast out the rafters. They appear to be desperate and incompetent and, because they're desperate and incompetent, traumatizing members of parliament in countries around the world because of it.

Again: yes, let's put this organizational genius in charge of the entire governmental machinery of these United States.

I mean, American polls are looking bad, but wait until the Icelandic votes roll in.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:allears:

If Florida stays safe blue Trump really is completely hosed

He could win Ohio and he'd still lose

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drat imagine if Trump's plan is give away all the campaign money by dropping it from the sky like confetti at the convention.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

the moral of the story is that the kennedies are all kind of terrible people

I haven't heard that about Robert.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Polls in June are totally meaningful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 34 minutes!

Where is this from? Seems hella interesting.

• Locked thread