Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
That game you really like and are emotionally attached to, that's the real stinker. Boy are you an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

notZaar posted:

That game you really like and are emotionally attached to, that's the real stinker. Boy are you an idiot.

You gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Junk posted:

Cyanide's Blood Bowl releases. I paid for that drat game twice, and from what i hear there are even more full retail versions out and they still havent finished implementing all the rules beacuse it's not a priority... BUT SOMEHOW realtime mode IS a priority? gently caress that poo poo, just play fumbbl.

Its even worse than you think. They stopped updating it with new versions, and started all over with Blood Bowl 2, so now there are less races in the game than there were 5 years ago

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CubanMissile posted:

I remember as a kid desperately trying to make my Friday the 13th purchase worthwhile, but I never could figure out what the hell to do in it. I guess now it's considered somewhat innovative but gently caress that game.

this is your problem, not the game. get good scrub! Friday the 13th on NES was one of the better games of the entire system

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Junk posted:

Yeah gently caress The Ship, how far up their own rear end they were that they thought their dinky HL1 mod was worth paying for... looks like it wasnt!!

not sure if this is a joke or not, but they are remaking the ship

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

this is your problem, not the game. get good scrub! Friday the 13th on NES was one of the better games of the entire system

jesus christ no it wasn't, but it wasn't nearly the worst

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

The best game on the NES in other words the smartest retard on the short bus lol

Console games weren't even worth playing before the Dreamcast came out.

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

ninety posted:

if you like boring weapons, boring enemies, boring environments, and uskippable cutscenes i would recommend Official PC Game of the Millenium HALF LIFE TWO

and in addition to all that it caused motion sickness for me. It did give us Steam, for better or worse.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

The best game on the NES in other words the smartest retard on the short bus lol

I didn't know that at the time, give me a break I was a kid :(

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoyed my Nintendo Entertainment System, but many games were impossible to control well.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
The commodore 64 owned the poo poo out of the NES and Sega MegaSystem.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

Thats one of the dumber things I have seen posted, and if you aren't being ironic or a troll the same thing can be said by some kid 10 years younger than you about Xbox One or PS4 or some poo poo.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Junk posted:

Cyanide's Blood Bowl releases. I paid for that drat game twice, and from what i hear there are even more full retail versions out and they still havent finished implementing all the rules beacuse it's not a priority... BUT SOMEHOW realtime mode IS a priority? gently caress that poo poo, just play fumbbl.
FumBBL is ugly and has a ton of pointless crap like mercenaries of all flavours.

The whole point of Blood Bowl is about team development and then getting bored at between 1400-1600TV and doing a different set of guys in a different way.

BB:CE is still pretty good although the playerbase is really, really split nowadays. OK there's a couple of bad bugs but hey FumBBL has a couple of bugs itself and more importantly has the all of blood bowl forever problem where at a certain level of TV it's just Murder Chaos vs Murder Chorfs vs Murder Nurgle, whoever gets the first ClawPOMB cas wins. Agility teams tend not to do so well past 1600-1700 where the whole enemy line probably has Tackle, Guard, probably tentacles on a Big Guy, whatever else.

That's maybe an insoluble problem though.

Bad game I do not recommend: the Wargame series by Eugen, unless you are really interested in fighting a daunting army builder full of cold war units with very similar names to one another just to get trashed repeatedly by people who know what the objectively best builds are and/or are all on Mumble or TS or Discord etc. and so will just organise better than your own team.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Thats one of the dumber things I have seen posted, and if you aren't being ironic or a troll the same thing can be said by some kid 10 years younger than you about Xbox One or PS4 or some poo poo.
PC gaming was where it was at until like 1999. I will concede two exceptions: Metroid 3 and chrono trigger.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

PC gaming was where it was at until like 1999. I will concede two exceptions: Metroid 3 and chrono trigger.

Is Metroid 3 Super Metroid?

PC gaming was not where it was at until very recently, and I say this as someone who was always a PC gamer. Everyone had a NES, or a Genesis, or a SNES in the early 90s. The internet was something that just about nobody had at this point, and PC gaming was basically for autistic nerds that had no friends, since there was no reliable way to play multiplayer PC games. The N64 and PS1 era is the same for the most part. The internet was becoming more widespread at this point, where most people had some kind of internet access (56k, mostly AOL users). Compare the sales for PS1 Resident Evil vs the sales for the PC version and you will see it wasn't even close. Consoles still dominated. When Xbox came out it was still a console dominated market, though things were changing. People that have never played a FPS on PC were playing Halo on their Xbox.

PC gaming didn't really start becoming mainstream until somewhere in the Xbox 360 PS3 lifespan.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i didn't like dr mario when i first played it as a kid, probably cos i was expecting a sweet platformer.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

symbolic posted:

Talos Principle

Man gently caress that game.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

lorn Wayne posted:

i didn't like dr mario when i first played it as a kid, probably cos i was expecting a sweet platformer.

same, i asked for it for christmas, and then after i got it realized it was just a weird tetris game

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yes Metroid 3 is... ugh :airquote: Super :airquote: Metroid

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

notZaar posted:

Yes Metroid 3 is... ugh :airquote: Super :airquote: Metroid

The good'un.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

You have made a powerful enemy

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

notZaar posted:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Has anybody said Sword and Sworcery yet?
Because that.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Has anybody said Sword and Sworcery yet?
Because that.

Unironcally that game was crystalized pretension

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Unironcally that game was crystalized pretension

I liked the music.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

thanks MUM

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
loving Brink. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is one of my favorite multiplayer shooters ever, so I picked that piece of poo poo up bright & early on launch day. gently caress Brink and gently caress Splash Damage.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

Lets beat him with a lead pipe!

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Uncle Wemus posted:

What? Muscular Freddie Mercury?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

bitmap posted:

thanks MUM

Cover art significantly more rad than game

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That's how they get you, it's the same for fantasy novels and erotic doujin

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Uncle Wemus posted:

Cover art significantly more rad than game

yeah it looks like a wild ride but turns out it's horseshit

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Any Atari 2600 sports games. They're retro and classic! (and not very good)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Are there any games that actually look like a frank frazetta drawing

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

Are there any games that actually look like a frank frazetta drawing

I would say Dark Souls except it's missing the crucial component of the hot naked babes.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

That and cobra triangle

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
For whatever reason I never really liked any final fantasy game I played but on a whim the other day I downloaded final fantasy tactics because I heard it was different and pretty fun. So far it is alright but also kind of confusing and mixing different jobs is weird. I think I am retarded, which to give myself credit is a pretty big concept for a retard to grasp.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JediTalentAgent posted:

Any Atari 2600 sports games. They're retro and classic! (and not very good)

There was a pretty fun baseball, tennis and football game, and a decathalon game. Sure by todays standards they aren't playable, but I passed some time with them as a kid.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

notZaar posted:

yes, i know :smith:

Applewhite posted:

Man gently caress that game.
man, gently caress you, it's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

notZaar posted:

I would say Dark Souls except it's missing the crucial component of the hot naked babes.

Armor covers too much skin.

There was something realistic but not quite about frazetta and vallejo drawings but not uncanny valley. I feel like a game that tried to mimic their style would look too cheap or, god forbid, like poser art

• Locked thread