Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

dipple posted:

You should probably just let them have the clicks because as far as I've seen only piece of poo poo weirdos are concerned giving clicks to 'enemy' websites and use archive.is
No dice, Alanna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

they expect us to pay $14 each for these dolls? I don't think even star wars toys were that expensive...unless you look at eBay.

and apparently you have to buy all four figures to assemble the rowan ghost? hmm very suspicious.

e: okay prices on amazon show some* star wars toys go for around $20 or so, (the GB 2016 figures RRP is $20) but most of them are a bit cheaper than that.

*the Rey Resistance and Kylo Ren figures in particular

Junior Jr. fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 29, 2016

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I hope this person did the needful and purchased this consumer merchandise. It's important that lower middle class americans shovel money into the pockets of the new ghostbusters so they might bring about the new creative renaissance where all the genders are bent and the scripts don't matter

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

He was trollin' and you took the bait. The dude also makes posts about uncucking yourself in the MSG thread

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
The MSRP of the figures is $20. The amazon reviews on the figures are unsurprisingly almost all 1s and 5s.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
regular women in dumpy jumpsuits doesn't make for great toys, imo.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I would prefer it to be R rated and Sarah Silverman in it where she was encouraged to be as offensive as possible. Also they coulda had the gay guy from Kids in the Hall in it too doing the same. ( The really gay one.)

That would be legit funny in some form. Also awesome probably. So no.

And if people want some feministy movie why not see 10 Cloverfield Lane which was loving awesome and 95% of the movie is basically Ramona Flowers dealing with ultra scary John Goodman? It's got awesome lady outwitting a very large and scary man who needs some sort of awards nod for this movie?

As opposed to a lovely remake in an endless sea of them. ( Maybe the first half of Rob Zombie Halloween was good before it reached the actual remake part? )

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Captain Rufus posted:

I would prefer it to be R rated and Sarah Silverman in it where she was encouraged to be as offensive as possible. Also they coulda had the gay guy from Kids in the Hall in it too doing the same. ( The really gay one.)

Scott Thompson.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Captain Rufus posted:

man sarah silverman would have been great for this instead of another "paul feig regulars" retread with bad SNL people. I would have liked maria bamford or some left-field option like parker posey. Makes me wish Christopher Guest did this with his roster instead so jennifer coolidge gets drunk and fucks a phantom or some poo poo.

also man the CD thread for this is like nuclear AIDS levels of bad now

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

MinibarMatchman posted:

man sarah silverman would have been great for this instead of another "paul feig regulars" retread with bad SNL people. I would have liked maria bamford or some left-field option like parker posey. Makes me wish Christopher Guest did this with his roster instead so jennifer coolidge gets drunk and fucks a phantom or some poo poo.

also man the CD thread for this is like nuclear AIDS levels of bad now

A Ghostbusters with Silverman, Bamford, maybe Kristen Schall, and for the wildcard the grandma from Fresh Off the Boat

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I decided to take some time to check the prices on each action figure from Amazon, then compare them to another shopping site like Toys R Us.

I started off with the prices on Amazon at the time of posting this,

GB 2016 Figures (Amazon):

Erin Gilbert - $13.98
Abby Yates - $13.98
Jillian Holtzmann - $16.98
Patty Tolan - $16.98

(of course Jillian would cost more, because people love quirky characters)

Total Price = $61.92

Plus seperate Rowan figure - $11.99

Total + Rowan = $73.91

-

Now onto the MSRP prices:

GB 2016 Figures (Toys R Us):

Erin Gilbert - $19.99
Abby Yates - $19.99
Jillian Holtzmann - $19.99
Patty Tolan - $19.99

Total Price = $79.96

Plus seperate Rowan figure - $11.99

Total + Rowan = $91.95

-

So from what I've gathered, if you spent all 4 figures you'll get a special DIY figure for free for only $80...or you could look elsewhere and save $18.

I can't believe that fat SJW legit paid 80 bucks to post pictures of his new toys just to get a retweet from Feig.

Oh and remember how marketable that Jillian character is? http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=85654816&cp=&parentPage=search

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ElGroucho posted:

Any horror comedy that isn't the Evil Dead 2 can go gently caress itself in its own rear end

evil dead 3 is better lol robot hand

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Ghostbusters with Silverman, Bamford, maybe Kristen Schall, and for the wildcard the grandma from Fresh Off the Boat

Tara Strong would be pretty good too though she primarily does amazing voice work. Karen Gillan has some drat good comedic chops too. ( Even if not enough people saw her show Selfie with John Cho in it. It was awesome as hell and pretty much the entire cast was fantastic. )

If we need some diversity Freema Aguymen would be a great Ray or Egon type. The lady from the UK Being Human might work too. poo poo, have them as the Ray and Egon types but because they are expats from the UK they have to put up with Silverman and Strong as financier bored middle aged women who take on Venkman like roles with Thompson being himself as the receptionist due to said connections with the older women whose mouths don't have a switch off.

Hell, use said Selfie duo as reversed key master and gatekeeper roles and maybe have Jaime Lee Curtis as the Mayor or in the Peck type role.

gently caress. I'm writing a better remake than the actual one would be aren't I?

Vvvvvv actually he has had one. Was an in continuity miniseries with transform able Marvel robots. 06 or so. Vvvvvv

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Worth noting is that Japanese Spider-Man was a bit different from the American one in that he had a giant robot.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ51514spHg

there have been a lot of spiderman comics. i do not think it is fair to say he has never had a gundam in the american version

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

it's literally the loving johnny long-torso invention exchange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk0i0yTPJBY

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Captain Rufus posted:

Tara Strong would be pretty good too though she primarily does amazing voice work. Karen Gillan has some drat good comedic chops too. ( Even if not enough people saw her show Selfie with John Cho in it. It was awesome as hell and pretty much the entire cast was fantastic. )

Doctor Who pretty much convinced me that chick was terrible, but then I saw her in NTSF:SD:SUV::. She should definitely focus on comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SrIs8rarQ

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

boom boom boom posted:

Doctor Who pretty much convinced me that chick was terrible, but then I saw her in NTSF:SD:SUV::. She should definitely focus on comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4SrIs8rarQ

Seriously she is drat good. And Selfie was loving fantastic. Outside of the first episode which was like first episode of American Dad levels of not good. The UK tv scene is the most incestuous thing ever but they have so many drat good and versatile people in it who are legit solid in comedy and drama.

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 29, 2016

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Bring back NTSF:SD:SUV! Also I would totally see the Japanese Ghostbusters movie.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
A Ghostbusters universe where every country around the world has their own Ghostbusting unit would be dope. You could have all these crazy ghosts from different cultures. It would be better than this movie, probably.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Junior Jr. posted:

I decided to take some time to check the prices on each action figure from Amazon, then compare them to another shopping site like Toys R Us.

I started off with the prices on Amazon at the time of posting this,

GB 2016 Figures (Amazon):

Erin Gilbert - $13.98
Abby Yates - $13.98
Jillian Holtzmann - $16.98
Patty Tolan - $16.98

(of course Jillian would cost more, because people love quirky characters)

uhhhh its actually because the jillian and patty figures take more material to make

because they fat

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MeatwadIsGod posted:

A Ghostbusters universe where every country around the world has their own Ghostbusting unit would be dope. You could have all these crazy ghosts from different cultures. It would be better than this movie, probably.

Been saying this for a long time now. The actually good Ghostbusters comic books are finally stepping into this concept.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

MeatwadIsGod posted:

China could get Jiangshi and that would actually be pretty dope. Japan can get yokai. Ireland/UK could get banshees or something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This is a legit good idea so lol don't hold your breath

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Japanese viewers would throw fistfuls of rice and salt at the screen when an oni shows up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Japanese Slimer could be a kappa, just replace the wieners with cucumbers.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I sort of want to see a German Ghostbusters. It could be crazy if they go full out with some crazy Metropolis-inspired designs and style and set it in the 1920s or something.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

What I'd really like to see is Bridesmaids II with a thin veneer of Ghostbusters draped over it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

What I'd really like to see is Bridesmaids II with a thin veneer of Ghostbusters draped over it.

That's what I wanted, but instead we got "Little Giants: All Growed Up", complete with dick punching, fart jokes, excessive slime references, and Nickelodeon worthy dialogue

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

That's what I wanted, but instead we got "Little Giants: All Growed Up", complete with dick punching, fart jokes, excessive slime references, and Nickelodeon worthy dialogue

Bridesmaids had a woman pooping in the street and then another woman with a line of dialog stating that the first woman is in fact pooping in the street.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

boom boom boom posted:

Japanese Slimer could be a kappa, just replace the wieners with cucumbers.
Nah man, kappas suck people's insides from their assholes. If that doesn't scream 'hotdog' to you, I have no idea what would.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

ElGroucho posted:

please don't insult little giants by comparing it to this piece of poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Wikkheiser posted:

People are going to go and force themselves to like a bad movie because it's what they feel they're supposed to do.

it's like cinema discusso but irl

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Al Cowens posted:

Ireland/UK could get banshees or something

Ireland would obviously have Leprechaun busting, jeez!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Aren't Leprechauns offensive?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

counterfeitsaint posted:

Aren't Leprechauns offensive?

of course, they are irish

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Because I hate myself I peeked into the abyss. Now you get to see the abyss too.

There's really no need to go visit other sites to find people saying absurd poo poo about this movie to laugh at.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

There are no 'underlying themes' in Ghostbusters.

The film is about libertarian superheroes running a concentration camp for the personification of badthoughts. That's the text.

The 'deep subtext' is that the libertarian superheroes have complex inner lives and personal motivations that determine their behavior (e.g. Ray was maybe abused as a child, and this led him to associate marshmallows with safety so he consequently pledged to save children from traumatic memories (by becoming a libertarian superhero running a concentration camp for the personification of badthoughts)). And that's not interesting.

That's if you're thinking of it as fighting the bad Hollywood, and not as actually changing the way your brain works. The idea of paying for the wrong movie is absolutely terrifying, which is why there are all kinds of measures in place to prevent it from happening - even though nobody actually wants to do it.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

You can easily detect a fraud if they say like "oh, oh boo-hoo; Pixels made 250 million at the box office. Our culture is in decline and the masses celebrate degenerate arts...." Sad emoji.

It's actually extremely good that Pixels made 250 million dollars. What's actually bad is that the state did not take control of the 250 million dollars - paying the people who worked on the film in direct accordance with their labor, and then taking all the remaining profits for tax.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

a retard posted:

please don't insult little giants by comparing it to this piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Nobody really takes SMG seriously, I refuse to believe that

Anybody who does should be shot on sight

• Locked thread