Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
In my experience people in general tend to think that societies from before the industrial revolution were stickpickers who could barely grunt their way into bartering a pig for a barrel of rye (except for Classical Greece which sprung into existence as if by magic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Darkest Auer posted:

In my experience people in general tend to think that societies from before the industrial revolution were stickpickers who could barely grunt their way into bartering a pig for a barrel of rye (except for Classical Greece which sprung into existence as if by magic).

it was all the homosex

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
It's not that far fetched. Aleister Crowley said "Oh, how superior is the Eye of Horus to the Mouth of Isis!" and that guy knew what he was on about.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

it was all the homosex

So why did Sweden stop being a superpower?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Hogge Wild posted:

it was all the homosex

Well look out world, because I'm going to make Finland the cultural mecca of the world!!!! Heil Kirka & iskelmäkumppanit!

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Hogge Wild posted:

it was all the homosex

Tom of Finland will lead the nation into a golden age.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zudgemud posted:

Tom of Finland will lead the nation into a golden age.

He dead :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Now we only have Timo of True Finland and while he's extremely supportive of gay paedophiles, I don't think he's into homosex himself.

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
I'm genuinely worried for my friend's spouse in the light of Brexit: he's English and has thus far been living in Finland with the EU residency permit which is valid indefinitely, but that's probably subject to change once the UK finally leaves the EU (which might be a while).

I did some reading and apparently it's possible for third-country (i.e. non-EU) residents to get the EU residency permit provided they've lived in a EU member state with a valid residency permit for more than five years, so he should be fine? Does anyone know the exact details of this thing?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Ratpick posted:

I'm genuinely worried for my friend's spouse in the light of Brexit: he's English and has thus far been living in Finland with the EU residency permit which is valid indefinitely, but that's probably subject to change once the UK finally leaves the EU (which might be a while).

I did some reading and apparently it's possible for third-country (i.e. non-EU) residents to get the EU residency permit provided they've lived in a EU member state with a valid residency permit for more than five years, so he should be fine? Does anyone know the exact details of this thing?

he will be sent home in an orjalaiva with our terva

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

e: I don't read too good.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 26, 2016

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
She needs to go completely off the radar. Maybe hide in a basement or attic until the anti-British sentiment calms, then smuggle her out in the night to a car's trunk and take her to a wilderness cottage in Kuusamo. There she should live a few years fishing and hunting, but she needs to be wary of army search patrols and ski to Russia if she hears barking of dogs coming closer.

Best case scenario is that after a while she can just come out of the forest and claim to have been raised by bears after her parents died in a tragic moonshine accident and claim citizenship.

She could also ask from the officials. My hunch is that once the permit has been granted and as long as she's together with the Finnish citizen her status is not going to change, and after a few years she's get the permanent residency, but tbh there's no precedent so it's best to ask. They're not going to deport her the moment she asks about it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: I don't read too good.

too late!

i saved your dick pic

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Ratpick posted:

Nah, too late. From the moment the voting was over his rights to live in the civilized world were over. I think the EU-wide mobilization has already rounded up all of the now-illegal brits and sent them to the gas chambers.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hogge Wild posted:

too late!

i saved your dick pic

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

you are the most easily triggered poster

like said, at least I'm honest about it :shrug:

Puistokemisti posted:

Are you seriously arguing that it's ok to to use prejudiced term because people don't commonly call developmentally disabled people retards anymore? For real? Does this apply to other prejudiced insults too or is there list of which prejudices are old enough that they can be used freely? Or do you just believe that mentally disabled people shouldn't be protected against discrimination?

And of course when you use discriminating insults, it's ok and normal and if someone calls you out on it, it's they who are the problem. Good job.

And yes, idiot is ableist, because it's an insult based on characteristics someone was born with. Do you want me to spell it out why that shouldn't be tolerated? The word you might find useful here is 'ignorant'.

The lengths you go to try to catch me on hypocritism is frankly astounding

I mean what I'm supposed to reply to this? How do you make a seriouspost about idiot not being ableist I am not sure. Do you also feel the same way about stupid? Is commenting on people's intelligence automatically discriminating? Is anyone who makes a dumb decision (like me right now) a bit developmentally disabled?

Sorry this is a failure on my part. But I'd love you to open up your bizarre thinking (is that discriminatory?)

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 26, 2016

Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.

Nenonen posted:

She needs to go completely off the radar. Maybe hide in a basement or attic until the anti-British sentiment calms, then smuggle her out in the night to a car's trunk and take her to a wilderness cottage in Kuusamo. There she should live a few years fishing and hunting, but she needs to be wary of army search patrols and ski to Russia if she hears barking of dogs coming closer.

Best case scenario is that after a while she can just come out of the forest and claim to have been raised by bears after her parents died in a tragic moonshine accident and claim citizenship.

She could also ask from the officials. My hunch is that once the permit has been granted and as long as she's together with the Finnish citizen her status is not going to change, and after a few years she's get the permanent residency, but tbh there's no precedent so it's best to ask. They're not going to deport her the moment she asks about it.

He's a graphic designer: the chances of him surviving a few years in the Finnish wilderness are very slim. Thanks anyway!

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

DarkCrawler posted:

I mean what I'm supposed to reply to this?

"i'm indeed a dumbass hypocrite"

e: who shouldn't drunkpost

Fushigi Yuugi fansub fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 26, 2016

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

DarkCrawler posted:

Is commenting on people's intelligence automatically discriminating?

Se voi joissain, mutta huomaa vain joissain tilanteissa olla rikos.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Ratpick posted:

He's a graphic designer: the chances of him surviving a few years in the Finnish wilderness are very slim. Thanks anyway!

Limey go home

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Nauta posted:

"i'm indeed a dumbass hypocrite"

e: who shouldn't drunkpost

Speaking of butthurt (no homo let us all imagine a pretty woman pegging Nauta, the feel reminding him of his post history)

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
ruthless

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The worst thing to come out of this is Eurocrats and that leftist sect who think EU is awesome (or at least opposing the EU is hitler) will notice nothing really changed for the worse in a year.

"poo poo, it was all bs, leaving EU does not lead to war and apocalypse. The gig might be up? Aaaahhh!!"

And that is a good thing, so the worst that might happen is still goodq.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Someday the war against snus will be over. Close the western borders!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
That citizen initiative for a fixit vote is closing in on that half-way milestone on it's tenth day, but already Sipilä has announced that his government has no intention of forwarding that to a parliamentary hearing. Even some potential proponents for the fixit are saying it is too early for that, like Paavo Väyrynen and Sampo Terho. Indeed, looks like the only political organization celebrating the Brexit publicly is the TF youth organization, as the president himself commented when asked if Russia is rejoicing over the political chaos in the Great Isles.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Helsingin Sanomat posted:

Toisen maailmansodan häviäjävaltioissa suhde sotaveteraaneihin on erilainen kuin esimerkiksi Suomessa

I'd send that to Jyviä ja akanoita but I'm too lazy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rexroom posted:

That citizen initiative for a fixit vote is closing in on that half-way milestone on it's tenth day, but already Sipilä has announced that his government has no intention of forwarding that to a parliamentary hearing. Even some potential proponents for the fixit are saying it is too early for that, like Paavo Väyrynen and Sampo Terho. Indeed, looks like the only political organization celebrating the Brexit publicly is the TF youth organization, as the president himself commented when asked if Russia is rejoicing over the political chaos in the Great Isles.

Is there something so dumb that Persjugend won't celebrate it as long as it could somehow be construed as bad for the EU?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'd send that to Jyviä ja akanoita but I'm too lazy.

Finland was winning WW2 so hard that the point counter rolled around and we ended up losing :(

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

Ratpick posted:

An indefinite residence permit is valid until you move out of the country, even if the qualifications that you got it with change. Being a citizen of an EU country doesn't automatically get you a residence permit in Finland either, so he must have had other things going for him. Being married to a national is one of the strongest ones and as long as it isn't an obvious sham marriage (less than 2 years old, the sponsor is poor, no common language) he's fine regardless of his own nationality. If he's lived here for 5 years he can even get Finnish nationality if he wants, assuming he can say more than "Kiitos!".

you feelin fucky fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 29, 2016

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001210062.html

Because of Brexit, Finland will pay.

The orginal HS article is behind some super paywall that apparently gives no freebies, if anyone has access to it and could quote it, would be cool, tia.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-2000001210062.html

Because of Brexit, Finland will pay.

The orginal HS article is behind some super paywall that apparently gives no freebies, if anyone has access to it and could quote it, would be cool, tia.

edit: näköislehti

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jun 29, 2016

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
vittuun eurosta

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

vittuun eurosta

Jahas, siinä on xenophoobinen ja islamophoobinen hitler, eli olet väärässä. Hah.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

Jahas, siinä on xenophoobinen ja islamophoobinen hitler, eli olet väärässä. Hah.

No that's still you.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Hogge Wild posted:

vittuun eurosta

same

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
olin pitkään euron kannattaja, koska se esti kotimaisia poliitikkoja ja ay-liikettä ryssimästä taloutta jatkuvalla inflaatio-devalvaatio kierteellä

mutta ei rahaliitto voi toimia erilaisilla itsenäisillä valtioilla

näen että vaihtoehdot on joko eroon eurosta, tai saksan osavaltioksi ryhtyminen

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Hogge Wild posted:

saksan osavaltioksi ryhtyminen

But yeah, I kinda agree with what you said.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Actually it doesn't matter because governments have literally no control over the economy. Stuff just happens.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Lol joku vitun idiootti loi uuden scandipoli, unleash the ligur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

HerraS posted:

Lol joku vitun idiootti loi uuden scandipoli, unleash the ligur

Ei tule kestämään pitkään se lanka... voi sentään. Päitä tulee räjähtämään olleivät modet anna vielä ankarammin probaatiota ligureille ihan vaan siksi koska ollaan olemassa. Alkaa olemaan mainstremia jopa D&D:ssä, että mm. irakilaisiksi tai syyrialaisiksi itseään nimittävän henkilöt (jotka ovat hävittäneet paperinsa) ovat taloudelle jotain muuta kuin edukas asia näillä nurkilla, ja ettei 12 eri turvallisen maan läpi vaeltaneet nuoret miehet välttämättä ole enää aivan pakolaisia "jotka pakenevat kuolema kintereillään" Tornion kautta Suomeen kyselemään perheenyhdistämistä ja protestoimaan kun ilmainen safka on erilaista kuin kotimaassa.

En usko sen ketjun päättyvän hyvin, jos sellainen uusi tosiaan on. En ole ehtinyt vielä kurkkaamaan!

Onko mitään suosituksia avauspostaukseksi jos löydän em. ketjun?

edit: kas ei hätää, ne on jo siellä hermostuneet siitä, että olen mahdollisesti olemassa ja ovat varustautuneet asianmukaisesti, hyvä homma. Ideoita postauksiin otetaan edelleen vastaan.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 30, 2016