Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Avatars fixed I can now count myself among the Grand Abuela Army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
Perma-toxx me like the miserable vote-pig I am, and give me that sweet, sweet tag, so everyone knows my rear end belong to Killary "The Benghazi Kid" Clinton.

Here's to 8 more years of suspiciously kerned labels in political cartoons!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Venom Snake posted:

Please do not poo poo on the new recruits, even those of weak will can be forged into strong Hillary Men one day
"Ooh, look at me, I think that the campaign with money, staff, and a +10% lead in the polls will beat what was almost certainly a vanity run by an entertainer"

We're not exactly toxxing for Dewey here.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Jonked posted:

"Ooh, look at me, I think that the campaign with money, staff, and a +10% lead in the polls will beat what was almost certainly a vanity run by an entertainer"

You know, I was gonna talk about the 2000 election just as a paranoid liberal saying he can pull it together even without the popular vote still technically win. Then I thought a little more about it. I mean, election day on November 2000 was fishy, right? But it was fishy because government in Florida wanted Bush to win. The Republican Party wanted Bush to win. Who the hell is going to try and steal the election for Trump? Sure, some Tea Party Representatives might be true believers, but the establishment absolutely despises Trump, Trump having insulted most to all of them. I mean hell, you still have this conflict between Republicans who have been scared shitless of what a Hillary presidency would mean for literal decades, versus the others who are actually flat out saying that Trump would be worse than Hillary, not only in hurting the party's reputation but also just not fundamentally having the capability to be president. I mean, Bush wasn't very capable, but he just did what everyone else around him told him to do, and the establishment absolutely loves that, hell, that's why Reagan is still considered the best president ever to a lot of these guys. But Trump doesn't listen to them and prefers to hire goons and yes-men on his team instead of, you know, actual political staffers.

On the other hand, Rick Scott did endorse him. On the other, OTHER hand, the endorsement wasn't exactly glowing.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx
I was told to come here for the Hillary gang tag.

And since I toxed for the first time recently I really should perma-tox for symmetry.

Perma-Tox me up for Hillary.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Jonked posted:

Don't be an rear end.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
Well hell yeah perma-toxx me up for Hillary. I'm sorry, "Lying Crooked Hillary"

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Jonked posted:

Thats kinda why we are dialing the consequences for failure all the way up to 10 to make this even slightly interesting. A normal toxx for Trump is fine, but feels weak for Hillary unless you put your account on the line.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Kuato posted:

Upgrading my :toxx: to permatoxx.

I'll even throw in "normal :toxx: if she doesn't beat Trump by 100 EVs".

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

That's some drat fine one upping

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
Theres a whole lotta toxxin goin around.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Wanamingo posted:

That's some drat fine one upping

Oh, I meant that I was going perma-Toxx and including that as well.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

We cannot allow a toxxing gap.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Oh don't worry. I've not forgotten about you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRyQJS9cn5g

Marcus Roberto
Dec 30, 2004

by exmarx
I"m dedicating my 132 post in 12 years to perma :toxx: for :abuela:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Hey I put in for your exciting new title over a day ago, don't ask me why no one's approved it yet.

Seriously, don't ask me. A mod has to sign off on that sorta thing and apparently none has.

EDIT: Ahhhhh, there we go.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 18:17 on Jun 29, 2016

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
I guess I'll SIGH upgrade to a perma-:toxx: too

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Got a campaign ad email from James Carville yesterday:

quote:

I’ll be damned if Trump isn’t pulling a real campaign together.

They know we're so far ahead they're having to send out the occasional reminder that we shouldn't go all tortoise-and-the-hare here. Except of course instead of a tortoise, we're racing against an piece of orange moss.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
"TRUMP TOXX TRAITOR"

I like that.

Also, it appears e_angst's AV/text got messed up due to the gang tag.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

e_angst posted:

Got a campaign ad email from James Carville yesterday:

They know we're so far ahead they're having to send out the occasional reminder that we shouldn't go all tortoise-and-the-hare here. Except of course instead of a tortoise, we're racing against an piece of orange moss.

At this point, my biggest plausible concern is complacency, so I'm glad the Clinton campaign seems to be anticipating a possible scenario in which the electorate says "gently caress it, Hillary's got this" and no one shows up to vote.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

fade5 posted:

"TRUMP TOXX TRAITOR"

I like that.

drat, just noticed that. That AV is pretty ancient. In fact, I got it for being in favor of gun control in D&D back when that forum had a lot more libertarian/right wing posters.

Swedgin posted:

At this point, my biggest plausible concern is complacency, so I'm glad the Clinton campaign seems to be anticipating a possible scenario in which the electorate says "gently caress it, Hillary's got this" and no one shows up to vote.

I think the Brexit vote has been a good reminder that this poo poo really matters. But then again, it is only June. We are gonna need to keep on our toes to make sure Trump is trounced.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

e_angst posted:

drat, just noticed that. That AV is pretty ancient. In fact, I got it for being in favor of gun control in D&D back when that forum had a lot more libertarian/right wing posters.

I think the Brexit vote has been a good reminder that this poo poo really matters. But then again, it is only June. We are gonna need to keep on our toes to make sure Trump is trounced.

I personally am going to spend a few hours every day after I get back form working summer camps until the election phone banking, volunteering, and providing food the local office of :abuela:

Gotta work to stump the Trump.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fade5 posted:

"TRUMP TOXX TRAITOR"

I like that.

Thanks. He double-toxxed but Boosted apparently declined to ban him for it, and I didn't feel like thinking up an IK challenge.

e_angst posted:

Some of the older avatars appear to go FUBAR on us when we submit a title change. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think you have to reinput each title request in proper BBCode instead of the HTML defaults it gives you. I fixed somebody else's title like that.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Thanks. He double-toxxed but Boosted apparently declined to ban him for it, and I didn't feel like thinking up an IK challenge.

Some of the older avatars appear to go FUBAR on us when we submit a title change. I'll see what I can do to fix it.

I love how the end result looks, thank you :)

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx
For some reason, the gang tag makes Peter's smug, crazy face look even smugger and crazier in my avatar. It's beautiful.

Also, looked around in the loser toxx thread, and they're salty af that we're using their image ironically. :laffo:

EDIT: I just realized that the glance syncs with the flash on the gang tag. I have never felt more complete or happy than I do in this moment.

Hermetic has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Jun 29, 2016

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'd be salty too if I was betting on Trump.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hermetic posted:

For some reason, the gang tag makes Peter's smug, crazy face look even smugger and crazier in my avatar. It's beautiful.

Also, looked around in the loser toxx thread, and they're salty af that we're using their image ironically. :laffo:

EDIT: I just realized that the glance syncs with the flash on the gang tag. I have never felt more complete or happy than I do in this moment.

when aren't they salty? They realized all their ironic memes and pepes can't actually boost poll numbers and they were dumb enough to bet money on their joke.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

when aren't they salty? They realized all their ironic memes and pepes can't actually boost poll numbers and they were dumb enough to bet money on their joke.

I never thought I'd see the day when we had pepes on Something Awful.

Goddamn, those pathetic garbage people can't be thrown out fast enough.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
wanna see someone lamenting the corruption of pepe?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/05/26/how-pepe-the-frog-became-a-nazi-trump-supporter-and-alt-right-symbol.html

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was ok with you wanting to destroy the country and oppress minorities but...not the memes...please...not the memes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

e_angst posted:

there's a fix in the modqueue now but the issue now is that the HTML code called your title a font size 5, while the BBcode literally only takes names like "xxsmall" and "large" and everything in between.

i submitted one for "small" and if you don't like the size let us know and we can fix it again.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You should give him a slightly smaller than large-size font.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh what the hell, I'm a filthy sheep, upgrade mine to a perma-toxx, if Trump wins, I'll be too busy getting devoured by the Trumpenstaffel to care.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I was ok with you wanting to destroy the country and oppress minorities but...not the memes...please...not the memes.

I was talking about the fact that 4chan bullshit used to be a bannable offense on SA, and now the mods apparently don't give a poo poo.

Jesus christ, dude, chill out. You're so mad you're double-posting.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Swedgin posted:

The most likely scenario in a situation where everyone believe Hillary is going to win is that her supporters turn out while Trump supporters stay home. People like a winner, and Hillary is winning. By November Trump is going to be tired of how much she's winning.

The Clinton campaign should still shift the narrative though. This isn't about Hillary winning, it's about totally repudiating Trump. Putting the first woman into the White House by a margin that ensures 2016 is taught in History class, and that everyone now and forever can see that America doesn't stand for Trump's scam. Do it not only so Uncle Sam, Lady Liberty, and the Founding Fathers can be proud, do it so you can look you mother, your sister, your abuela in the eye come November 9th.

Also because, holy poo poo are the Republicans gonna freak the gently caress out when Bill calls them up from the Oval Office to ask them if they like apples. Like, remember when Karl Rove melted down over Ohio? That's gonna be every single GOP operative. Rush may stroke out on air the next day.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hermetic posted:

And I love how much space my posts take up now because of my tag and avatar

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Thankfully Hillary doesn't just want to win this. She wants to bury them. She makes to make gop regret ever challenging her in the first place.

Shes not taking her foot off the gas.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Trump's gonna get fuckin wrecked, part V:

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/748259838317236224
https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/748207334170697728
https://twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/748317302660030464

Slate Action has issued a correction as of 01:49 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DemeaninDemon posted:

Thankfully Hillary doesn't just want to win this. She wants to bury them. She makes to make gop regret ever challenging her in the first place.

Shes not taking her foot off the gas.

The GOP is just lucky her grandchildren aren't Catholic, and thus there will be no christening.

• Locked thread