Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Well I haven't tried either so if it doesn't work, well, I guess we're just back to square one. Not like battery replacements are that expensive ($20).

As side note since you quoted before my edit it's probably a bad idea to actually completely kill the battery, instead what I meant was playing until the system actually decides 'gently caress it I'm out' and shuts itself off.

I'll try anything to not be tethered to the wall because I spent 6 hours yesterday lying next to an outlet with the Vita plugged in so I could marathon ZTD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.
I'm guessing the Canadian PSN store is having a different sale because I'm not seeing Steins;Gate being on sale :(

How's J-Stars Victory VS+? It seems like a pretty fun concept but if there's not much single player content then I'm not sure if I'll pick it up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vinchenz posted:

I'm guessing the Canadian PSN store is having a different sale because I'm not seeing Steins;Gate being on sale :(

How's J-Stars Victory VS+? It seems like a pretty fun concept but if there's not much single player content then I'm not sure if I'll pick it up.

J-Stars is a really weak and unengaging game. It has some fun fan-pandering but that's about it.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
What's the difference between Virtue Last Reward and Virtue Last Reward Complete Collection?

Both are on sale right now. Thinking about buying it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Looks like complete collection has a bunch of PSN avatars. There's no game DLC or anything that was ever released for VLR.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

As long as they don't get exclusive distribution, I'm good with it. I would prefer they never get money.

They're probably trying to get in on what Limited Run Games is doing. I'm not sure how successful they'll be since Asia usually gets all the noteworthy games in English.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Szurumbur posted:

I remembered something like that being possible, but I lent my PS3 and it would be a pain to have to activate it again. I suppose if there'll be no other recourse I'll use the nuclear option, but I'll try to bumble my way around the dark Vita screen - I somehow managed to sync Trophies, maybe I'll manage deactivation, too.

If it's that hosed nobody is going to fish it out of the pile just to mess with your account. Smash it with a hammer and recycle it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Midjack posted:

If it's that hosed nobody is going to fish it out of the pile just to mess with your account. Smash it with a hammer and recycle it.

No doubt, the possibility is very remote. Honestly, I'd rather wipe the device in vain hopes that some techno whiz might find it and repair it for his/her own than out of fear of some hostile intrusion. Oh well, we'll see.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If it's just the screen, replacement parts are reasonably cheap and changing it is easy if you know what you're doing, so it would be dumb to just break it into pieces, but you're unlikely to get someone fishing it out of a bin to fix it. :v:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
On my current Vita that I bought used, I was wondering why it was acting so oddly until I realized that the previous guy was still logged into the PSN. If I had wanted to, I could've downloaded and bought a lot of poo poo with it, but, well, I'm not an rear end in a top hat. He had a half-decent game selection, too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I know, I'm asking if any are game changers worth putting up with them? They're really not fun.

Well I got the Seven Samurai one, the reward for that seems really good. Guess I'll come back to the Tengus later.

Not really.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

God Eater owns, it runs great and the second stick helps a ton along with quality of life things like the damage on hit prompt. Still has strange button combos for blocking and whatnot. I had this nagging, weird feeling for awhile until I realized it was because I was playing a Vita game with english audio

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.
Managed to finally get a PS+ 3-month card up there and noticed the sale going on right now. Was planning to probably pick up Adventures of Mana (sp?) and noticed the Neptunia games for sale. Is there a recommended starting point with those that are on sale? (The ones on sale seem to be ReBirth1, ReBirth2, Noire (what I assume is also in the family here) and vs Zombies.) Of those, I think ReBirth 1/2 sound the most interesting and look like a natural starting point, but I figured I'd ask and make sure. (That and I probably only have enough funds to probably get Adventures and (hopefully) one or both of the ReBirth games.)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Get Re;Birth 1. If you like it within the first bit of the game, Re;Birth 2 is more of the same and great for the price.

Noire is a mediocre SRPG spin-off, and Blanc v Zombies is an okay Senran Kagura-style brawler. Get those if you really really like RB1 and RB2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You generally want to stay away from the Nep spinoffs.

Seiyal
Jul 9, 2015

In my mind I just pretend. My brain is my only true friend.

Takoluka posted:

Get Re;Birth 1. If you like it within the first bit of the game, Re;Birth 2 is more of the same and great for the price.

Noire is a mediocre SRPG spin-off, and Blanc v Zombies is an okay Senran Kagura-style brawler. Get those if you really really like RB1 and RB2.

kirbysuperstar posted:

You generally want to stay away from the Nep spinoffs.

Good to hear. That sounds like a solid plan and I appreciate the recommendations, thank you both!

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep spin-offs are for serious Nep fans only. They don't have a lot of substance and thrive mostly on character interactions, which is the major attraction of the series.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
My girlfriend stole my vita today to play her first neptunia game...

the idol one

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Light Gun Man posted:

My girlfriend stole my vita today to play her first neptunia game...

the idol one

If she picks blanc sever.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

If she picks blanc sever.

she picked neptune

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Good choice.

e:
Come join the Nep thread, and if you ever have questions, check the OP or ask away!

Takoluka fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 30, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How big is ZTD on Vita?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

How big is ZTD on Vita?

Barely a gig

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woah, cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I tried to drain my battery until it shut off and then didn't touch it until it fully recharged but it died again in like an hour so I think my battery just sucks.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Welp, good to know. Mine definitely thinks it at least it has no charge left because it went from "full" to shutting off in like 3 hours but I wasn't able to test it before it got back up to 100%.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could try the removing option but at that point if I'm gonna crack open the case and everything I may as well just get the new battery.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
How is Adventures of Mana?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mrEkli posted:

How is Adventures of Mana?

I'm having fun with it so far, but you can absolutely tell it's a phone remake of a GameBoy game. The hitboxes are a bit weird sometimes, and the animations feel a bit slow sometimes, but it seems like it'll be a solid and pretty fun Zelda-ish title.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

SpacePig posted:

I'm having fun with it so far, but you can absolutely tell it's a phone remake of a GameBoy game. The hitboxes are a bit weird sometimes, and the animations feel a bit slow sometimes, but it seems like it'll be a solid and pretty fun Zelda-ish title.

Does it still have "Palm Trees and 8"? Also is there a way to turn off the touch icons?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nate RFB posted:

I'm reading now that apparently it's a software bug, that the system itself is just not calibrated or something to properly read the charge. The two solutions I've seen so far are either: a). play until the system actually turns itself off and then re-charge it fully and b). completely remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, and then hook it back up.

I'm having this problem too, thanks.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

mrEkli posted:

Does it still have "Palm Trees and 8"? Also is there a way to turn off the touch icons?

I'm not particularly far into the game, and never played the original, but there's probably a new translation.
There's no obvious way to turn the touch icons off, but you also don't really have to use any of them. Your main weapon is X, you sub-weapon is O, and you can have 3 quick access items that you can hold down the shoulder buttons to access with face buttons. The icons themselves aren't really that obtrusive, and are basically confined to parts taken up by the walls

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Final Fantasy Adventure is a very important game to me, so it's important that remake is good. Sword is a disgrace.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/refrain/

So I've been playing a game called Refrain no Chika Meikyuu which is a pretty recent game from N1. It has art by Harada and music by Tenpei Satou and plays like a first person dungeon crawler similar to EO, and is probably the best RPG I've played on the Vita period excluding Falcom stuff. Music doesn't live up to what Koshiro did in the earlier versions of the EO series but it's still pretty good, you can have a listen to the homepage music in the above link if you'd like. It will probably go under the radar when or if it's localized, kind of like Hyakkihei did, but just throwing this out there in case anyone wants to play something like EO but doesn't own a 3DS. I fear that a lot of people are going to ignore this since EO5 is coming out soon, but even the director of the original EO is praising this.

Anyway, I'm not gonna overhype it, if you dislike hardish first person RPGs and you've never been interested in EO, probably skip it. Also you're not gonna like it unless you also like the Harada + Satou combo in Disgaea.

uiruki
Aug 6, 2003
blah blah blah
I've just been thinking about picking it up - reviews online seem really good. I'm all for silly gimmicky stuff like 40 person parties too. My main problem with EO is that the automapping still requires me to get the stylus out so if Niinou is saying it's great then I'll definitely grab it once I've finished SMT4F.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I...think draining the battery worked? Last time it went from "full" to completely dead in about 4 hours and yesterday it was only about halfway at 3 hours. Can't remember how good or bad the Vita's battery was out of the box but it's still probably better than this is at the moment.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/748909098754838528

Good, now where's Digimon Next 0rder Bamco?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I like to think I'm fairly well read on Vita's library but even I have no idea what that game is, like I've somehow never heard of it until now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I like to think I'm fairly well read on Vita's library but even I have no idea what that game is, like I've somehow never heard of it until now.

It's a mix of Dating Sim and Intense Action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same, though I could go for some dating sim intense combat