Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BruceBartlett/status/748269468065869824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

yes

mannerup fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 29, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

It's not, I just mean that even if it comes out 100% for sure confirmed not terrorism, Trump isn't going to be like "mea culpa"

He hasn't done that for any of his fuckups but Trump leaping to the wrong drat conclusion and being shown to have done so is just another "look at how hosed the country would be with this jackass, what if we went to war over this and it later turned out to be an accident?" campaign ad for Clinton to roll out. At least it would be if she hadn't made slight nods toward the possibility of it being terrorism at the outset, because that's going to be the go-to rebuttal and not "Istanbul and Orlando were, so nyaahh"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

oh my god

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

all hail king morrow, first of his name, lover of big titties, judge of animes. long may he reign

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

why are we wasting time with trump as the gop candidate while this man exists

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Mr. Pumroy posted:

why are we wasting time with trump as the gop candidate while this man exists

Robert Morrow, ladies and gentlemen; for all of you who can't fathom how 2020 could possibly top 2016.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Hmmm I thought Trump was good for global businesses

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/748236552346697728

So, mostly in countries where the current Democratic President wants fewer trade restrictions, which Donald Trump opposes.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
RNC Chairman Morrow Announces 50 State Push to "Get Them Tiddies Out, Honey"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

So, mostly in countries where the current Democratic President wants fewer trade restrictions, which Donald Trump opposes.

I guess?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Woah, Trump got a big Libertarian endorsement.

https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/748262925253623808

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

:laffo: It's now his official Wikipedia photo

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

I guess?

I'm sure it will work because people aren't going to think this through, but it's sort of a silly attack from Hillary. Trump will say (and has said) that he had to make that stuff in SE Asia because of the "trade deals that are killing our country, let me tell you". And then he'll point out that Obama wants more trade deals, which most Americans don't support. Hillary can then stick to her (relatively new) position of opposing TPP, and Obama, or flip-flop on it again.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

im really surprised they haven't managed to get rid of him yet

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I could totally buy that as his cabinet.

Joementum posted:

I'm sure it will work because people aren't going to think this through, but it's sort of a silly attack from Hillary. Trump will say (and has said) that he had to make that stuff in SE Asia because of the "trade deals that are killing our country, let me tell you". And then he'll point out that Obama wants more trade deals, which most Americans don't support. Hillary can then stick to her (relatively new) position of opposing TPP, and Obama, or flip-flop on it again.

I think the thrust is "Trump talks about how bad outsourcing is but he does it himself"

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/news/local-govt-politics/robert-morrow-holds-first-meeting-as-travis-county/nrpb9/ posted:

In his first meeting as chairman of the Travis County Republican Party, conspiracy theorist Robert Morrow walked in wearing white jeans, a blue shirt, a tie and a three-pointed jester’s hat — one point each, he explained later, for three covered-up murders by prominent U.S. politicians.

“Let’s get this party started,” he said upon entering.

Morrow worked the room Tuesday night before moving to the podium carrying a stack of books he would cite in his opening remarks. He began his speech by assuring the crowd of precinct chairs that he didn’t want to disrupt the party’s functions before moving on to a 45-minute rundown of his “political research,” including graphic descriptions of rapes, murders and child molestation committed by major U.S. politicians over the last half-century.

“I am for the continued functioning of the Travis County Republican Party pretty much as the way it has been. I do see my personal role as a little bit different. I am a political truth-teller,” Morrow said to about 100 party activists, many looking away or staring into their phones during his remarks. “So in my brief little speech tonight, I’m going to share with you a little bit of my research. Some truth is laying on the table that’s unmentionable at times in the media, unmentionable in academia, unmentionable in the Republican Party and the Democratic Party because both institutions have an incentive to cover for people who murder people, rape people, molest children, run drugs.”

At one point, a woman stood up to note that it was 7 p.m., the scheduled time for official business to begin. Morrow responded, “I’m aware it’s 7. Thank you,” and finished his point on the KGB.

Twelve minutes later, a man booed Morrow, but the chairman proceeded without acknowledging the protest. Ten minutes later, Morrow was interrupted again and said, “You’re not recognized.”

Eventually, the crowd gave up and let Morrow finish his speech.

Morrow then moved on to the agenda of the meeting, conducting party business with only the occasional hint at his true passion. While swearing in precinct chairs, for instance, he said, “Are you aware how many political criminals after taking that oath have gone on to commit murders?”

“Out of order!” many in the crowd shouted before, and Morrow moved on to the next agenda item.

He eventually turned the meeting over to Executive Vice Chairman David Duncan, whose position was created to handle many party tasks during the Morrow era.

After doing no campaigning, Morrow narrowly unseated James Dickey as chairman in a little-watched down-ballot election on March 1. Observers credited his victory to his top position on the ballot and his common name.

Hours after the shocking victory, Morrow’s Twitter feed, which features scantily clad women and racist comments, was being circulated around the internet and party leaders were scrambling to find ways to undo what had been done.

After months of plotting, the precinct chairs voted to change the party’s bylaws to limit the role of the chairman and to move the party’s money and social media accounts to a new political committee — the Friends of the Travis County Republican Party — in the last meeting before Morrow took the helm.

Morrow has the power to reject the bylaw changes but has said he will go along with the plan. He is more interested in spreading his “political research” about plots involving the Bushes, the Clintons, Lyndon B. Johnson and others than he is in running or disrupting the party’s activities.

Despite the changes, the chairman is still tasked by state law with carrying out such vital party functions as certifying candidates and results during primary elections.

Even if Morrow doesn’t prevent the county party from running, he is sure to cause headaches for local Republicans. Last week, Morrow said he won’t support Donald Trump for president and has previously said he opposes Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush, a rising star in the Texas GOP

pro-read

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Quoting to photoshop later 4 night crew

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

I could totally buy that as his cabinet.

Secretary of Magic Gillette is gonna make ISIS disappear and it's gonna be great, let me tell you.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Mike Ditka has refused an offer to speak at the RNC, sad!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

Secretary of Magic Gillette is gonna make ISIS disappear and it's gonna be great, let me tell you.

*points at picture of Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi* and then there's THIS rear end in a top hat

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Who's going to be the secretary of sheeple, the guy from staind or the guy from korn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

Quoting to photoshop later 4 night crew

DAY KREW JOKERS GET OUT

IT'S NITE TYME

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

the whole situation is loving magical

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The strongest candidate in history

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/748275064634744832
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/748277277474066433

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jun 29, 2016

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

The moments of this election when you stare into the abyss and it stares back are happening much more frequently than they should.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Pure Texas contemporary politics there

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the firm handshake of an anime titty lover

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the firm handshake of an anime titty lover

firm handshake, eh?

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

And then he'll point out that Obama wants more trade deals, which most Americans don't support
public opinion has swung pretty wildly on trade based on what politicians are saying, since almost nobody has enough of a background in economics to really understand it

you can see the perot effect, and next year we'll probably see a bernie/trump effect

and back in march, 44% said nafta has been bad versus just 29% good: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-24/free-trade-opposition-unites-political-parties-in-bloomberg-poll
and nativism is hot right now:

basically nobody has any idea and it's really affected by both question wording, specificity, etc AND political climate

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think we can safely say that its all been downhill since the concept of trade was invented

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

pathetic little tramp posted:

Mike Ditka has refused an offer to speak at the RNC, sad!
I wonder what was more ridiculous to the RNC: the dollar amount or his rider?

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

i already took this screenshot before i saw your post so im posting it anyway

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

oh my loving god I am moving to Travis county texas next week

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

A+ thread posting today, folks. Thank you for avoding insanity derails. Very amusing day

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ostentatious posted:

:laffo:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

Hell yeah

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
-Robert Morrow

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
keep austin in weird hats

e;
come to travis county - get free jesters hat

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Wait a sec...I just noticed this. Are those sweat stains all around his collar and shirt? LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Wait a sec...I just noticed this. Are those sweat stains all around his collar and shirt? LOL.

:aaa:

• Locked thread