Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Buca di Bepis posted:

what if you're wearing a skirt

I mean look obv the victim shouldn't be blamed in rape or murder or things like that but surely there's a difference between being assaulted in your day to day and choosing to go to a supercrime city where the police are holding signs at the airport saying 'WELCOME TO HELL' and then deciding to wear a gold chain around town to be steezy and then getting mugged by street urchins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i just think we should be focusing more on the decisions of the real subhuman criminal, the 12 year old urban youth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Buca di Bepis posted:

i just think we should be focusing more on the decisions of the real subhuman criminal, the 12 year old urban youth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCsMKypvmB0

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

EVERYTHING IS FINE THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT CONTINUE GOING ABOUT YOUR NORMAL OLYMPIC LIVES THANK YOU!

Over a billion viruses in one liter of water

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I bet Russian athletes are pretty happy they may be getting banned for doping right about now.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nazzadan posted:

I bet Russian athletes are pretty happy they may be getting banned for doping right about now.

Celebrate with more doping!

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Nazzadan posted:

Didn't the entire Russian track and field team already get banned?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Brannock posted:

Over a billion viruses in one liter of water

Lolling how they think hiring people to fish out random cola bottles will somehow improve water quality.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Roylicious posted:

Didn't the entire Russian track and field team already get banned?

Yeah track and field is already banned, but apparently the entire country might be banned in the coming days. New Zealand is standing by to take their place

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the last time the Russians got angry at an Olympics they annexed part of Ukraine

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol can they not scrounge up more than ~5 people when they take these water raking photos?? there was one the other day with a swimmer standing 3 feet away and it looks like they are accomplishing exactly gently caress all and this is supposed to be their propaganda shot

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Rio de Janerio needs Joseph Dredd, imho.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

bring back old gbs posted:

lol can they not scrounge up more than ~5 people when they take these water raking photos?? there was one the other day with a swimmer standing 3 feet away and it looks like they are accomplishing exactly gently caress all and this is supposed to be their propaganda shot

I wonder how much muck rakers get paid? Besides in infections

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

Dreddout posted:

It'd be some poo poo if the world's first Dredd turned out to be Brazilian. Dreddinho.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Gib law pls

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

The water measured 1.7 million times the level of what would be considered hazardous on a Southern California beach.

Can't we help these guys out and invent a logarithmic scale?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Can't we help these guys out and invent a logarithmic scale?

you would need logarithmic scale for miss bumbum dimensions too

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Darth123123 posted:

I wonder how much muck rakers get paid? Besides in infections

Normally I'd say probably less than professional police and firefighters, but that would actually mean they'd have to pay the government to do their job.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

counterfeitsaint posted:

Normally I'd say probably less than professional police and firefighters, but that would actually mean they'd have to pay the government to do their job.

"We DEMAND you let us pay you more to stand waist deep in poo poo, corpses and mutated super bacteria that gives us mega-meningitis"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

rakes are really effective at getting rid of things that are 8 micrometers long.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.
Do we get double payout on bingo if the ISIS attack turns into a three way battle between ISIS, favela gangs, and the military?

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Butt Savage posted:

It'd be some poo poo if the world's first Dredd turned out to be Brazilian. Dreddinho.

Brazilian Dredd would be the even grittier, even more grimdark version that just said "I am the Executioner" then just fired advanced weaponry into Favelas all day from a rocket motorcycle.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Adventure Pigeon posted:

Do we get double payout on bingo if the ISIS attack turns into a three way battle between ISIS, favela gangs, and the military?

This sounds like the plot to a future Call of Duty game.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nazzadan posted:

This sounds like the plot to a future Call of Duty game.

Or maybe the long-awaited sequel to C&C: Generals

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Dreddout posted:

Lol you have no idea how close you are to the truth. Every cop in Rio is already a Judge. In the last decade there were at least thirteen thousand summary executions by police IN RIO ONLY.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
the point is, it doesn't help much if at all

EDIT:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Adventure Pigeon posted:

That would be better tv than oj bronco chase

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Where is the link to bingo? Can I still get in on Olympic tragedy schadenfreude?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Reading about Rio is the greatest

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

It's made me so hyped for these Olympics for all the wrong reasons

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ISIS arrives in Rio, looks around, asks who beat them there

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

The ISIS guy cuts off the gang member's head on video. The Favela gang stuffs the ISIS captive into some tires and sets him on fire. Then they stare deep into each other's eyes and realize love can bloom on the battlefield.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Buca di Bepis posted:

the kid who steals poo poo has been a thing forever, even shows up in a bunch of movies. it can't even actually be newsworthy at this point but nice of them to point it out for all the new tourists about to get robbed

though at least it's a cuter fate than being cut down by gangs, cops or diseases

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Brannock posted:

I'm half convinced we're going to see a terror attack. Brazil can barely afford to clean up, what makes you think they'll be able to set up international-quality security? ISIS must be salivating at the idea of bombing Rio 2016

I'm guessing the Israeli team are already filtering in their own security, posing as tourists.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

CrashCat posted:

the kid who steals poo poo has been a thing forever, even shows up in a bunch of movies. it can't even actually be newsworthy at this point but nice of them to point it out for all the new tourists about to get robbed

though at least it's a cuter fate than being cut down by gangs, cops or diseases

have you even seen the latest game of thrones though

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKXJxLFj0cI

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SocketWrench posted:

Why? Bombing it would improve the conditions

Maybe this was Brazil's plan all along :tinfoil:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I'd say this would make an excellent metaphor for pointlessness ("go and rake water" "like trying to rake water smooth") but actually it's just plain old reality

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

tater_salad posted:

Where is the link to bingo? Can I still get in on Olympic tragedy schadenfreude?

http://bringo.org

Double bingo only counts if we find out that the US was supplying arms to all 3 factions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I feel like every word in that sentence should be in quotation marks.

• Locked thread