Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

no they will not posted:

19 hours playtime on my save but I didn't sleep at all last night

Do you skip through the voice acting? Just wondering because I usually don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Do you skip through the voice acting? Just wondering because I usually don't.

no!!!! unless I was replaying a decision or replaying a fragment to find a password

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's fine that it's shorter since VLR was insanely long

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Judging by the flow charts it seems like a shorter game than VLR but also denser which is good. VLR has a lot of slow or repetitive starts at each timeline, ZTD doesn't mess around with that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm stuck in the Q bio lab and I don't think it's even a puzzle I just don't know what else to click on. Just use the loving centrifuge who cares if you don't know what it does!!! doesn't stop everyone from hitting random buttons on every other fuckinng machine in the game

Edit: I would love a hint actually - i got the 2 vials full of liquid but if I look at them under the microscope Q just says it's too fuzzy. I microwaved the centrifuge cover (??) but the info on it doesn't seem relevant to anything I can access yet. When I try to use the Simon looking machine the text implies I'm not supposed to know the solution yet

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 29, 2016

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah nevermind I just missed something I could click on lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Adventure games ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also lmao at the D team decision of Do you push the big button or not and it takes over a minute

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

everything should have the dangun ronper button that highlights what you can interact with by clicking

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
it was good that pw5 stole that feature so i could make e verything bright pink

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my vita battery is all hosed up so i cant play ZTD right now and im crying.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So is the 3DS version the bad one? I wish that were not the case. I want to keep all my Zero Escapes to a single family of consoles. Same with the Souls series and Playstation.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

So is the 3DS version the bad one? I wish that were not the case. I want to keep all my Zero Escapes to a single family of consoles. Same with the Souls series and Playstation.

I'm playing it on 3DS and it seems ok to me, I'm sure there are moments of the game with bad fps, but I don't notice it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As long as there no game breaking puzzle rooms like VLR it should be fine

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

As long as there no game breaking puzzle rooms like VLR it should be fine

I saw a screenshot of the transporter room with all the cards and the texture quality/resolution is so bad on 3DS that some of them are indistinguishable without clicking on them for a description lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Good eye Carlos

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

th healing room puzzle-s like that too, you cnt figure out which keys go where on sight so youve got to guess a million times

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I'm stuck in the Q bio lab and I don't think it's even a puzzle I just don't know what else to click on. Just use the loving centrifuge who cares if you don't know what it does!!! doesn't stop everyone from hitting random buttons on every other fuckinng machine in the game

Edit: I would love a hint actually - i got the 2 vials full of liquid but if I look at them under the microscope Q just says it's too fuzzy. I microwaved the centrifuge cover (??) but the info on it doesn't seem relevant to anything I can access yet. When I try to use the Simon looking machine the text implies I'm not supposed to know the solution yet

I got stuck on this one too because i didn't microwave the centrifuge cover. Why would that be possible? I spent a while thinking the pills were the color order hint and I couldn't figure out which color was which number

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I got stuck on this one too because i didn't microwave the centrifuge cover. Why would that be possible? I spent a while thinking the pills were the color order hint and I couldn't figure out which color was which number

I did that by accident because it was the first item i got and i was just examining the room with it selected

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The pod room puzzle is awesome

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I absolutely didn't find that interaction on purpose either. the rest of the room was cool and the gimmick with the pills was pretty funny because I initially read into it way too hard and was trying to interpret it into binary and stuff lol. Just hated that tiny note on the shelf that you had to click on, it blended in way too much. In general though the rooms have been much better about that crap than VLR was

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The pod room puzzle is awesome

Im waiting for my gf to do the slider puzzles for me because I have a brain problem and have never been able to solve that crap. Beat The Witness but if you throw one of those 9x9 Cracker Barrell rear end grid sliders in front of me I break down like an infant

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

this game is epic

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Klewer posted:

this game is epic
Sigma Ethics Pie

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

In Training posted:

my vita battery is all hosed up so i cant play ZTD right now and im crying.

Left my 3DS at home when I left for summer school 😭😭😭

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Every time you get a text prompt to type a character's name please enter the Dog's name because you get some really funny responses

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Im waiting for my gf to do the slider puzzles for me because I have a brain problem and have never been able to solve that crap. Beat The Witness but if you throw one of those 9x9 Cracker Barrell rear end grid sliders in front of me I break down like an infant

the pod room puzzles were easy for me, the layton gamer

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the puzzles that i found the hardest were the ones where you have to fit stuff into a grid with Xs on it

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

the heart puzzle gave me a tough time but felt good when i finally solved it. the toolbox puzzle was similar but way easier in comparison. maybe just cuz i did it afterwards my brain was already used to thinking in a certain way. so far, i haven't run into any puzzles as frustrating as some of the harder ones in vlr. sometimes the tough part is finding all the stuff to click on, but that's par for the course for this series and games in the same genre so i can't complain. lovin this game so far :D

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
this heart puzzle is kicking my rear end

edit: beat it. jesus christ that ending. brutal

edit 2: got the three 1s on my third try. wonder if it's really random

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 30, 2016

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

this heart puzzle is kicking my rear end

edit: beat it. jesus christ that ending. brutal

edit 2: got the three 1s on my third try. wonder if it's really random

It's not random, and that's good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

no they will not posted:

the puzzles that i found the hardest were the ones where you have to fit stuff into a grid with Xs on it

Didn't mind those. there's always an object (usually the biggest one) that can only legally fit in one spot on a completely empty grid, figure out that one first and then build everything around it and it's pretty straightforward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Didn't mind those. there's always an object (usually the biggest one) that can only legally fit in one spot on a completely empty grid, figure out that one first and then build everything around it and it's pretty straightforward

This is how I did the fish one. They'd be so much harder without the X's to start you off

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only game I took a frustratingly long time with was the flower bud one. This same puzzle has always tripped me up, like the color hexagon/triangle patterns in VLR. I never feel like I've figured them out I just kinda luck into the solution

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

after 13 hours of playtime i finally got my first ending other than the one you can get at the very start. the crossbow ending. kind of reminds me of dangan ronpa how a serial killer gets brought up randomly and then actually ends up being part of the group lol. also, the credits song is amazing :wth:

In Training posted:

The only game I took a frustratingly long time with was the flower bud one. This same puzzle has always tripped me up, like the color hexagon/triangle patterns in VLR. I never feel like I've figured them out I just kinda luck into the solution

yea i lucked out and got this one in like 5 minutes of randomly clicking like a dumbass :D

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I played 7 hours last night and did almost all of D team's fragments. I'm going to do a ton of C team tonight.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Evil Eagle posted:

I played 7 hours last night and did almost all of D team's fragments. I'm going to do a ton of C team tonight.

Same, except it was C team and some of Q team. Saving the best for last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the translation in 999 seems good. playing it now. just got past the first puzzle

• Locked thread