Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

SU-85B is amazing, and I only wish I had played mine more before the nerf. You shoot 160 damage with less than 5 seconds reload. There have been a ton of times I have caught someone moving between cover and nuked them before they crossed the 50-75 meters. You pretty much auto-pen anything at T4, and most things at T5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hazdoc posted:

Man, I was getting really turned off on the russian TDs, but the SU-85B owns once you get the last gun. I hope to see bigger numbers popping up when I hit people.

The SU-152 and ISU-152 are both hilarious later down the line.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm a big fan of the SU-100

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Which Soviet TD line is better, anyway? The ISU sounds like a lot of fun, and the 704 gets some BS spots on its armor. I did love the SU100-Y when I got a rental of it.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Which Soviet TD line is better, anyway? The ISU sounds like a lot of fun, and the 704 gets some BS spots on its armor. I did love the SU100-Y when I got a rental of it.

ISU line is better through tier 9, the tier 10 isn't as good (but I haven't played the 268 to say). Big alpha and massive penetration at tier 8 onward lets you really turn games around. Two-shotting tier 8 heavies is amazing.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

The SU-100 is good and you should unlock both lines, but the SU-152, ISU-152 and Obj 704 are all good/great tanks, and the SU-100M1 sucks, the SU-101 is unpleasant (though gets a sweet gun now) and the SU-122-54 is pretty good. The 268 is garbage and the 263 is great, but tier 10 matches suck.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So my sandbox account was activated. Trip report: it's basically like the regular test server, but worse.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Valle posted:

So my sandbox account was activated. Trip report: it's basically like the regular test server, but worse.

The regular test server has an acceptable number of people on it so the matches start faster.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Captain Blaargh posted:

Greetings goon tankers, join me soon for our chance at fun and a pittance of gold for us poors!

Tier IV 3v3 Tournament tomorrow, Thursday the 30th at 8PM Easter US:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000257/team/1000061508/

Password: Blaargh

See you there! Or not! Maybe I'll go outside instead. I don't care! :getin:

I'm in with luchs or SU-85B

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Like other people said, ISU line is better. If you prefer the fast firing and stealth camo style of the early SU TDs then just buy a Su-144-22 and save yourself the headache of that line.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

SU-85B is amazing, and I only wish I had played mine more before the nerf. You shoot 160 damage with less than 5 seconds reload. There have been a ton of times I have caught someone moving between cover and nuked them before they crossed the 50-75 meters. You pretty much auto-pen anything at T4, and most things at T5.

The pre-nerf SU-85B was just unfair, the most unbalanced thing I've ever played. Same amazing gun as it has now, except along with the viewrange of a tier 10 medium and no-bullshit stealth mode.

Also:
I thought I was supposed to get my third mark of excellence above 95% average damage dealt, what gives?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hazdoc posted:

Man, I was getting really turned off on the russian TDs, but the SU-85B owns once you get the last gun. I hope to see bigger numbers popping up when I hit people.

And yeah, the Hetzer is good, and honestly the derp gun seems a lot better. You can obliterate a lot of tanks in 1-2 shots, and the heavies will still take some damage and lose mods to random bullshit, and its not like you're too slow to run away from them.

Congratulations on discovering the SU-85B like 5 years after everyone else discovered it was OP!

I think I sold the Hetzer; the Stug B[abby] is very similar at that tier and I prefer it (same guns, better mobility I think?)

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Congratulations on discovering the SU-85B like 5 years after everyone else discovered it was OP!

I think I sold the Hetzer; the Stug B[abby] is very similar at that tier and I prefer it (same guns, better mobility I think?)

Did they end up nerfing the 85B's elevation, too? I remember being able to aim almost 45 degrees up.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The pre-nerf SU-85B was just unfair, the most unbalanced thing I've ever played. Same amazing gun as it has now, except along with the viewrange of a tier 10 medium and no-bullshit stealth mode.

Also:
I thought I was supposed to get my third mark of excellence above 95% average damage dealt, what gives?

It only counts the past 100 battles for the marks of excellence.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also:

Those are XVM numbers, which isn't necessarily going to match the same set of players as WG uses.

Also I think (I'm unsure) marks use damage ratio, not average damage, so they promote CHAI sniping.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Atomizer posted:

Well, I've only been playing again for a month now, so yeah.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

I'll be honest, the preview of July's events kind of had me thinking about reinstalling Tanks. The marathons usually have pretty good rewards, and this one just requires that I platoon with the usual people and shoot tanks with whatever tank I want to play? Sweet! I wonder what kind of fabulous prizes we can win?

quote:

Level 1: Choice of Premium consumables
Level 2: Choice of Boosters
Level 3: Choice of Equipment
Level 4: Choice of 5 Garage Slots, T14, Matilda IV, or Excelsior

:flaccid:

well then

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
A million free xp would be nice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Background Check

:nsa:

It's easier to get a gun than get into WoT beta

wait till the National Tanks Association hears about this

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Another hard carry, though it only came down to 3vs1 because our StuG thought he could slug it out against a full-health AT2.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Yo, the tourney's starting.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
Since people don't seem to use the in-game channel much, what is the best way to get platoons these days? Discord? I made the questionable decision of playing again and need platoons for sanity. Mostly looking to play tier 10.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Special shout out to Cafone and DeviantCelt who didn't show for our tournament and meant we had close to no chance of winning.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

named and shamed

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Don't bully

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

This is a safe zone tia

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

BadLlama posted:

This is a safe zone tia

There are no safe spaces...

...that encourages camping. The thread has been redesigned.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Any ideas what this weekends special and july the 4th thing will be?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Any ideas what this weekends special and july the 4th thing will be?

Wargaming of North America doesn't want to build anticipation or actually attract people to come install/reinstall their game by doing poo poo like "advertising" or "announcing" specials. It could be anything from "two free USA flag emblems per player!" to "Double credit income!" and there's no way of knowing.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Logged on today, went 7/13 with pretty mediocre performance overall. This game's a lot less fun solo, that's for drat sure

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Steelion posted:

Logged on today, went 7/13 with pretty mediocre performance overall. This game's a lot less fun solo, that's for drat sure

Join the sandbox and play with me or AlleviatedRisk. It'll be no more fun and the game is significantly more bullshit, but at least you'd have less fun with friends.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
So if I want tanks with good gun depression, I'm looking at the americans and british, right? Or are there any tanks in other trees with good (or at least DECENT) gun depression? I'm hooked on the Covenantor's gun depression and being able to poke rear end in a top hat TDs who stare at chokepoints.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

So if I want tanks with good gun depression, I'm looking at the americans and british, right? Or are there any tanks in other trees with good (or at least DECENT) gun depression? I'm hooked on the Covenantor's gun depression and being able to poke rear end in a top hat TDs who stare at chokepoints.

The British low tiers get laughably good gun depression. You won't be finding high tier tanks with 15 or 25 degrees of gun depression like you will on some US and UK tier 3s. In general, the US and UK get good gun depression, the German tanks sometimes get decent gun depression on the sides and otherwise join the USSR and the French in the mediocre range (and some of the French tanks have decent depression and painfully shallow elevation which is not fun) and the Chinese are better off flipping their tanks upside down in order to shoot a tank below themselves.

The Japanese tanks are abominations and may or may not get good gun depression, and may have cancerous tumors sprouting out of a random part of their tank that may block depression over them. The Czech line is all over the place, and may require using a stock turret in order to get good gun depression.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

CompeAnansi posted:

Since people don't seem to use the in-game channel much, what is the best way to get platoons these days? Discord? I made the questionable decision of playing again and need platoons for sanity. Mostly looking to play tier 10.

I think there just haven't been as many people around going into the Summer. Personally I've only had the chance to play about one day in the past month, between work and non-tanks poo poo. I hate 10s though.

I'm not tired of tanks though, so when I do have time I'll be around, and I'm always in the in-game channel and on Discord.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also:

marks of distinction are damage + assisted damage

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

NotWearingPants posted:

marks of distinction are damage + assisted damage

thats xvm not moe stats

e: misread the post youre replying to.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blindeye posted:

Special shout out to Cafone and DeviantCelt who didn't show for our tournament and meant we had close to no chance of winning.

Yeah, sorry. Had to take care of my nephew. However, I did make a disclaimer saying that I might not make it. I entered because there were zero people who signed up after a day or two so I figured I'd be a reserve.

Thx for the call out though. I'm sure the Cap feels really bad about it. :thumbsup:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yeah, sorry. Had to take care of my nephew. However, I did make a disclaimer saying that I might not make it. I entered because there were zero people who signed up after a day or two so I figured I'd be a reserve.

Thx for the call out though. I'm sure the Cap feels really bad about it. :thumbsup:

It's fine. With a man down me and the cap did manage to eek out a draw trolling a platoon of hetzers, which seemed to be the platoon makeup of choice.

Next time we will hopefully have more people.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Bad about it!? Why the gently caress didn't you sign your nephew up too, ya jerk? :commissar:

I can read. I wasn't worried about it. Pants on the other hand? I'm beating him up and stealing his lunch money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is the PZ.KPFW. III AUSF. K?