Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alight is really good, it's just not the kind of music that should be playing in a sewer level

e: I say this but it's the best map in Birthright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Alright guys, thanks for the responses. Now I need to figure out if I will replace my secondhand 3DS with one of those shiny new XL ones first...

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i'm starting Conquest on Hardmode as a strong girl, who is prime husbando material? Was gonna be Xander but Siegbert is a boring dumb kid. Maybe Niles so my kid can be super fast? Even if Outlaw skills aren't the best to pass on.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Your kid is gonna be rear end no matter what so it's more a matter of who you'd be a good wife or mom for, he's one of the game's most mediocre units.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You mean that as in Kana is a mediocre unit or Siegbert? Or in that Corrin is not a good mom in general?

Either way that kinda blows, i made Kana death incarnate in my Birthright run :(

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
As in Kana is a mediocre unit, Siegbert is poo poo anyway. You should marry someone with a good child, like Keaton, or Kaze, or maybe even Laslow.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Lazlow is a good choice! I meant to pair him and Perri up my first run through but he didn't turn out so well so i kinda dropped that idea. Maybe this time shall be different though.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Don't marry your brother. Or Niles.

Marry someone cool, like Arthur or Odin. Or someone whose kid you want to make a dragon, like Laslow or Odin. Also that's the only way to give Laslow's daughter the correct hair color.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Look back on the game, I think Ryoma and Xander's powerful 1~2 range weapon with zero drawbacks was a bad idea.

If only Rajinto did magic damage equal to half of Ryoma's total attack damage, something similar to the Light Brand from the GBA games.

Xander's Siegfried is balanced by Conquest difficulty and terrible speed, but maybe since it's a DARK EVIL sword remove the defensive boost but give it the ability to drain health from range similar to the old Rune sword.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Kana is just a huge disappointment after Morgan.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

Don't marry... Niles.

Marry someone cool,

???

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

Kana is just a huge disappointment after Morgan.

In more or less every way, yeah.

The bandanna is nice. And that's about all the compliments I have for Kana, beyond "At least you're not Corrin."

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Kana is someone to give my Dragonstones when I want to use my talent. This is entirely theoretical as I have never deployed Kana.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also I got a bond unit and the skill I passed down is made redundant by their class. :saddowns:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

FrickenMoron posted:

The music in Ch22 and 23 of Conquest was really baller. The birthright side of the game had a poo poo soundtrack, Conquest just rules overall.

Conquest's endgame stretch has basically the best map theme ever. And it plays on some appropriate as hell maps too.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

BlitzBlast posted:

Conquest's endgame stretch has basically the best map theme ever. And it plays on some appropriate as hell maps too.

If you're talking overall FE4 has some really ownage one like Doors of Destiny and Light and Darkness.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If we're comparing soundtracks, there's clearly only one true metric. Awakening's came with an HD version of the intro. Fates' comes with an HD version of the Camilla cutscene amongst others. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm gonna do it

I'm gonna play Lunatic Conquest

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Instead of marrying Niles who is gross and rapey and uncool. I thought that would be obvious.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kajeesus posted:

Instead of marrying Niles who is gross and rapey and uncool. I thought that would be obvious.

please do'nt say bad things about my husband.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Niles may be a creep but he ain't that bad.

Still far below cool dudes like Laslow and Odin. Even as a straight man, Liam O'Brien is a pro pick.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Laslow is 9/10.

He would be 10/10 if they hadn't decided to remove his 'I'm a man of passion' line.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I married Keaton and between us two and Velouria we could take down entire maps by ourselves. Velouria is amazing.

I think I hooked up Peri and Lazlow and the resulting Soleil wasn't half bad, either. Otherwise everyone kind of sucked.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I did Selena/Keaton and got an amazing Velouria, Camilla/Laslow for a great Soleil, the rest is pretty meh.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I didn't use the kids in Awakening or Fates, apart from Lucina. They don't have any real plot relevance, and they feel more disconnected than the knight bro who has been with me since day one.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

WAR FOOT posted:

I didn't use the kids in Awakening or Fates, apart from Lucina. They don't have any real plot relevance, and they feel more disconnected than the knight bro who has been with me since day one.

I'm sorry you didn't use the best characters in Awakening, and a few of the good characters from Fates.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Owain was cool, but Lonk's been with me from the start and doesn't need an hour of grinding to get on par with the rest of my team

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Terper posted:

I'm gonna do it

I'm gonna play Lunatic Conquest

Hey, I'm doing that! And I also really want to die and I think I hate this game, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't like that beforehand.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Birthright has more underwhelming maps but saying its dogshit while Conquest is God's gift to man when they both play identically is a bit disingenuous.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
do anyone here play online wifi battles

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You mean that as in Kana is a mediocre unit or Siegbert? Or in that Corrin is not a good mom in general?

Either way that kinda blows, i made Kana death incarnate in my Birthright run :(

kana is good actually and it's not even hard to make them better than average. same with seigbert

people don't like those characters but that doesn't make them bad units

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

kana is good actually and it's not even hard to make them better than average. same with seigbert

It actually does. A character's performance in battle is directly proportional to how much you love them. This is why Rinkah and Selena are the most OP units on their respective sides.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nobody likes rinkah, sorry

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Lilith's death in both routes feels so incredibly forced, what's the point of it?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Broken Cog posted:

Lilith's death in both routes feels so incredibly forced, what's the point of it?

They were supposed to be a much, much more important character.

Lilith was Corrin's sister and there's a bunch of data on the card that suggests she was going to have much more of a role in the story in her human form

Then I guess they made the cutscenes before the story was finalized. That happens a lot.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the worse crime is that she didn't do the same thing in revelations, and scarlet had to do it instead.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Kana might not be terrible as a unit, but she's certainly not good. Kana is Corrin with less availability, no Yato bonus, less reclass options, and worse growths. If you pick the right parent, and plan everything out just right, Kana can be decent at something, but even in the best case scenario, she's pretty much Corrin-but-worse. Fine. Her caps are better. But either you're on Rev or Birthright and things are piss easy anyway, or you're on Conquest and you really don't have the freedom to just grind everyone up forever in the hopes they'll hit their caps.

Morgan was Robin but better. Kana is, if planned well, a mediocre imitation of the non-Corrin parent. It doesn't help that she's built around dragonstones, which... not particularly good weapons in this one.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

been slowly chipping away at conquest hard chapter 23 on commutes to work 'n poo poo, in my recent escapade i've somehow cleared out all the main forces at the start of the map (paired up master of arms, archers with counter, some rally dickbags). i've never made it this far. i'm afraid to aggo hinata i don't want to undo all the hard work i just did by losing :ohdear:

Argent Cinereus
Feb 25, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

been slowly chipping away at conquest hard chapter 23 on commutes to work 'n poo poo, in my recent escapade i've somehow cleared out all the main forces at the start of the map (paired up master of arms, archers with counter, some rally dickbags). i've never made it this far. i'm afraid to aggo hinata i don't want to undo all the hard work i just did by losing :ohdear:

Those guys don't approach until you get on the bridge, I don't think. I know I've been on the edge of it and they stayed still.

Still haven't gotten past those guys up on the wall yet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't get why people are so insistent on kana being bad because it's wrong. you don't need to be the best unit in the game like morgan was to be good. your point about dragonstones being bad is also wrong because they make you an incredibly good tank without the more common hammer/beast weaknesses, plus you get the res bonus so you get a great mixed tank instead of someone like xander who disintegrates to mages (this is not me saying kana is better than xander). the mt is high enough that kana/corrin not having great magic doesn't actually matter and not attacking twice isn't a problem for someone holding a chokepoint. kana's not built around dragonstones any more than corrin is either (ie, they aren't)

do some parents make kana worse than others? well yea, sure, but who cares? that's true of all of the kids, even the best of them. it's actually pretty easy to make kana have a higher strength and speed growth than over half of the first gen cast in conquest while keeping average defense, unlike some of the units that will keep a strength advantage (peri, charlotte). "a slightly worse avatar" isn't even remotely damning considering the avatar is like top 5 in the game at worst. not having the avatar's pool of reclass isn't a problem because literally nobody else does. kana does, however, get the advantage of always having your boon class as their primary reclass option. this is actually really good since it not only allows kana access to a great class that other units won't have (oni savage in conquest, for example), it also allows other second gen units to be that class through friendship/partner seals. kana's paralogue is one of the easier ones and, since they're the avatar's kid, it's very easy to get to it early. you don't have to go out of your way to make kana a good unit. you just won't because kana's not an interesting character

• Locked thread