Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Shine posted:

Are there any sims or sim-lites with a sort of co-op mode, with human players on the same team ā la Formula 1 Constructors Championship? I just grabbed a Logitech Momo from a moving clearance and my girlfriend asked if that sort of game exists.

You may be able to do it with Grid Autosport. I know that Grid Autosport likes to add a constructor team driver that you can manage in the singleplayer, and that it supports multiplayer, but I'm not sure that the two features overlap...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Theyre rubbish but the Codemaster F1 games do that. You and a friend can start a 'coop' championship and be teammates and compete. Two PCs, two copies of the game, two wheels.. basically two sim-racers can play a multi-championship. Split-screen or something that doesn't involve two complete setups and direct head-to-head racing sounds all a bit arcade console bullshit to me.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Shine posted:

Are there any sims or sim-lites with a sort of co-op mode, with human players on the same team ā la Formula 1 Constructors Championship? I just grabbed a Logitech Momo from a moving clearance and my girlfriend asked if that sort of game exists.

Not quite what I think you're asking, but iRacing has endurance events with mid-race driver swaps included and their pro-level events like the Not-F1 World Championship have the drivers organised into teams (I'm assuming somebody is tracking the team points as well as the drivers and that there are team prizes as well).

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

RaceRoom's started its summer sale, so all the single items in the store at half price. Solid time to grab a bunch of tracks and cars from single-car packs.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Project Cars dlc isn't even on sale :(

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
http://store.steampowered.com/app/273840/?snr=1_7_7_204_150_403

Stock Car Extreme is -50% ($9.99) on steam right now.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There really is little point in buying SCE though. Formula Truck though is tempting.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

njsykora posted:

There really is little point in buying SCE though. Formula Truck though is tempting.

Is everything from SCE already in Automobilista? That would make this sale an excellent time to d(r)ive in.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BeRandom posted:

Is everything from SCE already in Automobilista? That would make this sale an excellent time to d(r)ive in.

Everything except Historic Imola, which has been licenced properly and is coming as AMS DLC along with modern Imola.

E: A quick roundup of the noteworthy sim racing deals in the sale. All the AC DLC packs are more or less half price, I think the first time DP1 has been this cheap.
None of the Project Cars DLC is on sale, but the GOTY edition upgrade (basically all the DLC) is.
All the R3E Steam packs are 50% off, which puts a lot of those at very tempting levels if you don't have them already. DTM 2013 and the Nurburgring Legends packs would form a really solid set of starter content.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 24, 2016

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I bought AC and a couple of the DLC packs. 1 and the jap pack I think.

Now if only I'd ever get my wheel out and play internet race cars again...

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Hey has anybody got motogp 15 and also looked at that new game they put out? I picked up motogp15 for 13 bucks and it's pretty fun, was wondering if goons wanted to multiplayer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The MotoGP games are usually solid in that "fun but not great" category that really only gets attention because it's just about the only bike game out there that dips it's goes into sim territory. Didn't scoop up 15 because I tend to skip years with annual franchises, might get 16 at some point.

Even though it's not a hardcore sim I don't mind as riding a bike properly would be hilariously difficult in a video game.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
In the ones I've played, quick changes of direction are usually the killer. They simulate leaning the bike over and it takes a long time of holding the steering at full lock to get it over and then if you miss the exact timing when you have to come back the other way you won't be over far enough in time for the apex. The leaning is sort of linear, while in real riding you can throw the fucker over hard rather than understeering into a wall (and superman-ing over the bars).

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
:siren: The next Assetto Corsa race is postponed to next weekend (07/03), I'm not here this one. Sorry about that.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Happiness is driving the Nordschleife in any car in any sim. Just a hella fun track and the scenery is gorgeous.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

My standard for that right now (still no working computer, just an Xbox 360, tablet and smartphone) is stock Beetle in Forza 4. Good way to learn the track.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eventually you get to a point where to post better lap times on the ring you have to be super aggressive, and will eventually cook a corner and screw up the whole lap meaning you gotta wait 8+ minutes to try another flying lap. That poo poo ain't fun.

Any more I'd rather chill on something shorter like Laguna. My current favorite is CoTA, it's a really great place to drive. Road America is good fun too, nothing super challenging and you can absolutely fly.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

That's why I like tracks like Le Mans and Black Cat County from AC. You get a long lap with plenty of places to improve but if you stuff a corner you're not 8 minutes from another shot at it.

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

I like driving on the Nordschleife tourist servers online in assetto corsa, there's usually at least one fun car open and the traffic mixes things up a bit. Keeps it interesting. Also gets rid of the 8 min for another flying lap issue. :)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Driving go karts in Project Cars is probably the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time.

At least since Forza 4 nordschlieffe haha. I really hope the full version of Forza 6 comes to pc with G27 support soon.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

skooma512 posted:

Driving go karts in Project Cars is probably the most fun I've had in a racing game in a long time.

At least since Forza 4 nordschlieffe haha. I really hope the full version of Forza 6 comes to pc with G27 support soon.

Ohsh would suggest you try Automobilista if you like karts. I don't know enough about them to say what's really different, but apparently Automobilista better simulates some of the nuances of IRL karting.

PCARS Superkart on Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile (and the full track) is hella fun. The Superkart has the cornering ability to fly through the track, so you zip up and down the hill like a roller coaster. My dad actually had to stop watching because he'd get dizzy when I'd turn back downhill.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Second the Automobileista karts recommendation.

Also the open wheelers in it are loving fantastic. And! CART extreme was just released if that's your bag.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I have a blast running the M18s, Minis, and Not Porsches around tracks in AMS. The game is just fun and solid.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The time trial mode and the online leaderboard has really increased my driving time with AMS, I've taken to picking a car I want to drive, finding a track I like in the list and beating someone's time. Turns out Kyalami in the F-Vee is incredible fun.

E: The next Assetto Corsa DLC still isn't going to be DP4 or Bonus Pack 3, seems like it's going to be a Maserati pack on July 14th. That's pretty disappointing given they were talking about trying to get Red Bull Ring out in time for the F1 race. Assuming the Maserati 4CLT they're teasing a lot isn't just going to be part of DP4, though they're calling it The Red Pack.

It is DP4, but they're calling it The Red Pack which seems weird when you've established a convention for this stuff. So the Maserati 250F and Red Bull Ring are confirmed alongside a Lamborghini of some kind.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 29, 2016

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

njsykora posted:

Maserati 250F

:flashfap:

Pretty Cool Name
Jan 8, 2010

wat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abxfqqtHI2o

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Getting an officially licensed 2015 F1 car is a pretty huge get.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Oh my god, yes. :homebrew:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Uh can we please do an F1 championship series thank you GhostDog

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
That became the plan as soon as I saw that video. However, I'm thinking about waiting until autumn in the hopes of getting more people to participate. The Toyota is fun to drive with half a dozen people on small tracks, but F1 needs a dozen people at least.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

gently caress YES.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
And iRacing gets stuck with a lovely Mclaren.

FancyMike
May 7, 2007

That Ferrari looks good but the Red Bull Ring is poo poo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FancyMike posted:

That Ferrari looks good but the Red Bull Ring is poo poo

It reminds me of Road America with all the fun parts removed.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

They should've done the old Österreichring instead, that poo poo's fun to drive around in SCE.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Megadyptes posted:

They should've done the old Österreichring instead, that poo poo's fun to drive around in SCE.

I'd like to see a few US tracks honestly.

And the monza oval section!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jul 3, 2016

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Qualifying starts 30 mins after kick off of the match right? Might have to keep the second half going during the race, make my ping even worse.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
How many people do we even have that watch football? If there's no iRacing gooncar to conflict with I'm kinda open to pushing it back an hour for this and next weekend so the race is after the matches, if it affects enough people.

Edit: You know, gently caress it.

:siren:Change in schedule, the time for the next two races is 21:00 GMT:siren:

Assetto Corsa:

GhostDog fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jul 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I like how adamant you were about not rescheduling, but you cancelled last weekend and delayed this one. :v: