Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

mirror123 posted:

Is a 4 star Firion and 3 star CoD good to start? Other 3 stars worth mentioning seem to be Edgar and Luna only.

IllegallySober posted:

Good to know.

I'm in the same situation as mirror123: I drew CoD, and Firion, and nothing else notable. Assuming that's probably a re-roll? I don't mind spending the time to get this right.

I've beaten all of colosseum and have all my espers 2* with a maxed 5* CoD, Firion, and Fina and max 4* Krile and Edgar. Hardest fights so far have been colo BGN and INT S-5 bosses. BGN S-5 is pretty easy for me now but INT S-5 takes a little bit of luck.

CoD and Firion both get 6* forms later but who knows when we will get those. CoD is great against a lot of bosses due to her high damage from barrage and all of her elemental resists. Firion is decent right now due to his ability to equip almost anything and when he gets his 6* form he gains boosted damage against 6 different enemy types. Firion's downside is that he doesn't get much in the way of attack abilities so for him to be top tier requires some TM farming but I have seen pictures of JP players with Firion having 900+ attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
i ain't doing the rerolling thing but I ended up w/ 4* Sabin and Maria and 3* Cyan, Galuf, Fran and Penelo

are those peeps ok or should i avoid using em

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

MotU posted:

i ain't doing the rerolling thing but I ended up w/ 4* Sabin and Maria and 3* Cyan, Galuf, Fran and Penelo

are those peeps ok or should i avoid using em

Maria is actually quite a decent healer until you get Fina and Galuf is usable, but not great.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

cecil 5
maria 4
edgar 3
panelo 3
anzelm 3
miyuki 3
shantotto 3
cyan 3
rydia 3
shadow 3
bedile 3

do you guys think this is worth keeping?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

jerkstore77 posted:

Is there any reason not to roll with 2 exdeaths in the same party?

Using a team with two Exdeaths is even more overkill than a party with one Exdeath. I'd do it because why not.

mirror123 posted:

Is a 4 star Firion and 3 star CoD good to start? Other 3 stars worth mentioning seem to be Edgar and Luna only.

Firion's not bad and can use a shitload of gear, CoD is pretty good, has all those nice resists, and gets Barrage. It's a solid pair of melee units to start with.

You could pair them up with Rain and Lasswell to have a melee-heavy team and the free healer you get in the 2nd island gets Cheer, an AOE buff that increases your party's physical attack power.

Fiss posted:

I've beaten all of colosseum and have all my espers 2* with a maxed 5* CoD, Firion, and Fina and max 4* Krile and Edgar. Hardest fights so far have been colo BGN and INT S-5 bosses. BGN S-5 is pretty easy for me now but INT S-5 takes a little bit of luck.

CoD and Firion both get 6* forms later but who knows when we will get those. CoD is great against a lot of bosses due to her high damage from barrage and all of her elemental resists. Firion is decent right now due to his ability to equip almost anything and when he gets his 6* form he gains boosted damage against 6 different enemy types. Firion's downside is that he doesn't get much in the way of attack abilities so for him to be top tier requires some TM farming but I have seen pictures of JP players with Firion having 900+ attack.

Those players with things like 600+ attack lightning or a 900 attack Firion are TM tacking a bunch. The Firion is probably using Excalibur with Two-Handed in every materia slot since that does (or did) stack. Alternately, you'd see the occasional 5-600ish attack Butz with a similar setup who then proceeds to obliterate a boss with Barrage. I imagine some whales have done similar with Orlandu who is OP as hell even without TM gear/skills.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

There we go, decided to do some of my 32 Ticket pulls I had saved up just to see if I'd get something more highly ranked before I ran out. Five tickets in I pick up Cloud of Darkness and I am satisfied.

Just hold on to the other twenty seven for whenever Lightning rolls around.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Fiss posted:

I understood about 40% of this :v:

I think in my case I'll throw it back and see if I can't pull an Exdeath. Famous last words, probably, but that's okay :)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

IllegallySober posted:

I think in my case I'll throw it back and see if I can't pull an Exdeath. Famous last words, probably, but that's okay :)

Worth noting if you make a third dummy account you can hang onto the game with potential and then just juggle between the new ones to keep rerolling.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I think I hosed my reroll chances? Started the game up, played through the tutorial, never linked a Facebook account but my Google Play Games account linked automatically. Now when I reinstall the game it jumps right back into my old save.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I decided to check my progress on the last quest I have left to complete in the current content.

0/10 Hungers defeated after several dozen runs of the area where they're supposed to be (a bullshit-tier rare spawn) and you just know there's going to be more and worse farm quests like this in the next area too. :shepicide:

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Googleplay doesn't cloudsave.

This game binds your account to your phone. Uninstalling doesn't clear it.

You need to use the facebook binding to clear the account data on your phone to reroll.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Smithereens posted:

cecil 5
maria 4
edgar 3
panelo 3
anzelm 3
miyuki 3
shantotto 3
cyan 3
rydia 3
shadow 3
bedile 3

I didn't know the answer to this. 5* Cecil with not much other support, someone chime in.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

EzEight posted:

You need to use the facebook binding to clear the account data on your phone to reroll.

Thank you, will do!

Fuckin' Facebook...

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Smithereens posted:

cecil 5
maria 4
edgar 3
panelo 3
anzelm 3
miyuki 3
shantotto 3
cyan 3
rydia 3
shadow 3
bedile 3

Theoretically do-able, but if you don't mind re-rolling, I'd go for something better.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

IllegallySober posted:

Basically they are enough to carry you through all of the content we have so far, but now is the best time to re-roll so might as well go big.

Smithereens posted:

cecil 5
maria 4
edgar 3
panelo 3
anzelm 3
miyuki 3
shantotto 3
cyan 3
rydia 3
shadow 3
bedile 3

Cecil is one of if not the best tanks later on, but it would be better to try to get a more offense focused unit for an easier time.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I rolled:

Sabin 3
Roselia 3
Penelo 3
Vivi 4
Vivi 3
Luna 4
Luna 3
Firion 3
Clyne 4
Clyne 3
Kain 4

Not great, and no 5s, but it's my understanding that Roselia and Firion are both top tier, and Vivi and Kain ain't too shabby, so I think this is probably fine? Not thrilled with all the duplicates I got, but c'est la vie.

I can eventually rank up Roselia and Firion to 5, right?

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I rolled:

Sabin 3
Roselia 3
Penelo 3
Vivi 4
Vivi 3
Luna 4
Luna 3
Firion 3
Clyne 4
Clyne 3
Kain 4

Not great, and no 5s, but it's my understanding that Roselia and Firion are both top tier, and Vivi and Kain ain't too shabby, so I think this is probably fine? Not thrilled with all the duplicates I got, but c'est la vie.

I can eventually rank up Roselia and Firion to 5, right?

I would reroll personally, Roselia is great, but you can use Fina and she's almost as good and you get her for free later on. Vivi is really great, but since he can only get to 4* his stats suffer when you get to the tougher fights. Firion is good, but still not a top 10 character. If I were starting today I'd roll until I got an Exdeath or maybe a CoD with a couple other good rolls.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.
Should I continue with my rank 22 account (I have a 4* Cecil, Rydia and Krile) or reroll till I get 2 top tiers? I also have a reroll account with Firion and Exdeath. The account w Cecil still has 15 rolls or so. Is there an estimate on what the rates are during a banner event? Just trying to see how good of a reroll I would have to get to convince me to start over.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Trying to use Bluestacks to play the game, but it automatically crashes every-time I press any of the options for Downloading Required Data. Any idea why that is?

Also Im pretty sure I signed up before the game came out but I got nothing. no email that the game was even out, nothing.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!
All right, I've already screwed my chances of rerolling things but I've come out of it with a fair few 4* and 3* units.

4*: Kain, Edgar, Bedile, Russell, Galuf, Penelo
3*: Rydia, Biggs, Vivi, Maria, Cyan, Clyne, Magitek Terra, Medius, Montana

This is doable, right? Probably something like Kain, Vivi, Maria, Penelo (?? I've already leveled her) and mysterious-last? Rydia seems useful with her limit being to immediately fill the summon gauge.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Anybody else not getting any sound from the game even though the sound settings are maxed out?

EDIT: Before anybody asks, I can get sound from other games.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

deathbagel posted:

I would reroll personally, Roselia is great, but you can use Fina and she's almost as good and you get her for free later on. Vivi is really great, but since he can only get to 4* his stats suffer when you get to the tougher fights. Firion is good, but still not a top 10 character. If I were starting today I'd roll until I got an Exdeath or maybe a CoD with a couple other good rolls.
I rerolled and got:

4*: Vivi, Shantotto, Kain, Vaan
3*: Clyne x2, Fran x2, Rydia, Edgar, Bartz, Garland

Due to the bolded units, especially Bartz who is afaik ridiculously good, I think I'm keeping this one. :D

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

0/10 Hungers defeated after several dozen runs of the area where they're supposed to be (a bullshit-tier rare spawn) and you just know there's going to be more and worse farm quests like this in the next area too. :shepicide:

I thought this quest was bullshit too until I realized that the monster only shows up on the boss stage and not the other two stages at all. Your chances of encountering him are still low though because he's a rare-ish enemy and there's only two normal waves before the boss fight. Once I started doing the boss stage I finished the quest within a few days (used all my energy for dailies first and then used leftovers for the quest).

Shoenin posted:

Trying to use Bluestacks to play the game, but it automatically crashes every-time I press any of the options for Downloading Required Data. Any idea why that is?

Most of us have had better success using the Nox emulator, and some people here use it for automating Trust Mastery grinding.

DontMindMe posted:

Guess I'll start the re-roll process

The easiest way to reroll is to use an Android emulator on your computer. Grab Nox emulator, open a new device, add any Google account to the emulator (the game kept hanging and asking me to sign in if I didn't do this beforehand), install the game without adding any Facebook info, and play it up till the tutorial / you get your gifts. Roll all you want. If you like your rolls, add your real Facebook account and then go ahead and login on your normal gaming device. If you want to reroll, just close that emulation instance and make a new one (and just use the same Google account you used the first time). Super simple.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

EzEight posted:

Nope, maybe this is new, but I logged in with Facebook to the same save. Might have to gently caress around with an emulator and a separate Facebook account?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Three hours later, finally re-rolled Bartz. Nothing good to go with him, but I'm keeping him and moving on.

Now, I get to figure out how to actually play the game!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So I just downloaded this, and I'm coming in from two games who were incredibly friendly about not needing rerolls (BF and FFRK, both of which are totally doable F2P if you have the patience), but I keep seeing people trying their damnedest to fight the Device ID linking in order to do rerolls. Should this be a thing I need to actually worry about? Will I be screwed over since I instinctively linked my facebook the first time I started?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
K I got it working on Nox

if I dont want to do any rerolling nonsense, just want to save it first, and dont use Facebook, will it save automatically?\

E:Definately dont want to reroll since I got the character I wanted. so Will Nox automatically save or am I screwed for next time?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jun 30, 2016

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!

KataraniSword posted:

So I just downloaded this, and I'm coming in from two games who were incredibly friendly about not needing rerolls (BF and FFRK, both of which are totally doable F2P if you have the patience), but I keep seeing people trying their damnedest to fight the Device ID linking in order to do rerolls. Should this be a thing I need to actually worry about? Will I be screwed over since I instinctively linked my facebook the first time I started?

The general consensus is rerolling now is probably a good idea. The reason being that the ~12 rolls you get now is most likely the most generous the game will be for a while (although in fairness Japan has been pretty good about handing out small stacks of summon tickets every couple of months connected to various events), and if you want to make your life easier in the game later having characters with good growth potential really helps out. With the content out now, you can clean house for the most part with any gacha character. The common ones, however, all cap out at 4* rarity- meaning they won't pack a lot of punch when more difficult content comes. A lot of the best skills and Trust Mastery abilities are tied to 5* potential characters as well.

As a result, drawing one or more of the rarer characters (even if your actual draw is a 3*) means your account has a lot of growth potential: and since the draw rates in this game are extremely harsh, getting one or two good characters now to carry your team later can save you a great deal of heartbreak/cash later.

That said, I don't think you have to be too picky about what you get. Sure, two Exdeaths, a Vaan and a Roselia might sound great but as long as you have at least one solid team member and the story characters you can probably handle the game's hard content for awhile- long enough to get lucky with the gacha again, hopefully.

...at least, that's what I'm telling myself. My 10 tickets landed me a Bartz and 9 trash tiers, and while Bartz is solid I would have liked at least one more character with potential. I fiddled with rerolling but since I started playing in the beta and my account is up to level 25 now, I'd have to get a really amazing roll to throw away my current save.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Accepted my first reroll that contained an Exdeath. Ended up with:

4* Luna
3* Shantottox2
3* Cecil
3* Krile
3* Galufx2
3* Exdeath
3* Medius
3* Celes
3* Fran

Hopefully I didn't gently caress myself. How do I end up making these guys 5*+? or is that not really a big deal yet.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
by 11 draw, everyone means the 10 summon tickets they give you basically correct?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Robotic Accolade posted:

That said, I don't think you have to be too picky about what you get. Sure, two Exdeaths, a Vaan and a Roselia might sound great but as long as you have at least one solid team member and the story characters you can probably handle the game's hard content for awhile- long enough to get lucky with the gacha again, hopefully.

...at least, that's what I'm telling myself. My 10 tickets landed me a Bartz and 9 trash tiers, and while Bartz is solid I would have liked at least one more character with potential. I fiddled with rerolling but since I started playing in the beta and my account is up to level 25 now, I'd have to get a really amazing roll to throw away my current save.

I pulled Edgar, Krile, two Cyans, Shantotto and Luna - something that the OP suggests is "good" if not "astoundingly jizz your pants great". Is that worth keeping around or am I absolutely required by The Law of Gacha Rerolls to start loving with my phone to make sure I get a Vaan or a Bartz?

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Jun 30, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

acumen posted:

Accepted my first reroll that contained an Exdeath. Ended up with:

4* Luna
3* Shantottox2
3* Cecil
3* Krile
3* Galufx2
3* Exdeath
3* Medius
3* Celes
3* Fran

Hopefully I didn't gently caress myself. How do I end up making these guys 5*+? or is that not really a big deal yet.

That's a perfectly good party. Cecil is one of the best tanks in the game once we get the update which lets him upgrade to 6*, and you have enough other usable units to last you a long time.

Awakening units is pretty straightforward, it's just a bit of a grind. In the Units tab of the Home screen, bottom right, there's a button to Awaken your units. They have to be at max level for their current rank and you need a handful of materials (the higher the star rating of the unit, the rarer the materials) plus a little gil. Once you have everything you need, hit the button and they'll be transformed into a level 1 version of the next tier up, with all the skills they already learned.

Farming awakening materials isn't too terribly bad once you can do the 10-stamina Awakening Materials Vortex on auto-attack mode. It'll take some time, but it's low-effort.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I got Vaan and Krile in my first attempt, along with 2x Sabin, 2x Kain, Shadow, Fran, Penelo, Mizell, Ronaldo, Clyne, and Bedile. All of them are 3*. Is that a workable starting team?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
4* Vivi
4* Shadow
4* Russell or whoever the hell that is
3* Rydia
3* Edgar
3* shantotto
3* Maria
3* Cyan
3* Clyne or whoever that is

Is it possible to make the 3*'s into 4 and later into 5*'s?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

Is it possible to make the 3*'s into 4 and later into 5*'s?

If this runs like Brave Frontier - and it really looks like it does - then it depends on the unit but any unit can be "ranked up" so to speak if it has another rank above where you're at, yes. So a 3* Vaan is the same as a 4* Vaan or a 5* Vaan, just one/two awakenings lower. But, for instance, someone like Krile only goes up to 4* (currently at least, apparently she has a 5* in JP) so you could only push her that far.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
awakening only makes them go up a * level right?

doesnt do any restart at lvl 1 bullshit like Disgaea does right?

E: nevermind just read the post above. Well poo poo

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jun 30, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I wasn't planning on playing this game, but I decided to give the free pulls a shot.. and I think I might be playing this game.

Penelo 4* from the starter draw, then:

Exdeath 4*
Cyan 4*
Vivi 3*
Krile 3* (x2)
Shantotto 3*
Celes 3*
Fran 3*
Bedile 3*
Clyne 3*

From the friends I was talking to, it sounds like I have the core of a good mage team?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
So uhh, what are friend points and why'd it help me summon a bunch of jobbers

also im dumb and didnt read the esper tutorial, so I have no idea how im supposed to access their menu's to upgrade them
E: Nevermind found the menu. Are their Summon points limited on how many you can earn?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jun 30, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I went to Siren's Tower and now my game crashes when I try to load it, that's pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Shoenin posted:

So uhh, what are friend points and why'd it help me summon a bunch of jobbers

also im dumb and didnt read the esper tutorial, so I have no idea how im supposed to access their menu's to upgrade them
E: Nevermind found the menu. Are their Summon points limited on how many you can earn?

Summons rank up just like characters. You have to beat them again each time you want to rank them up. Their skill trees expand too.

• Locked thread