Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
It has a very wacky profile picture and it really makes you wonder about these wacky characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I am real glad Bitch Sesh is pretty popular, it's my new favorite show. Hearing scatalogical stories, polarizing opinions on Hamilton, and funny stories mixed in with genuine heart-felt opinions about one of the best (worst) reality tv shows in history is a real heady cocktail. Never miss an ep!!!!!

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
I'm pretty sure that HDTGM is as popular as it is because it's been around a long time and it's fairly accessible so Apple features it on iTunes a lot.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
That and "We talk about bad movies" is a much more digestible concept than "Interviews with comedians and/or minor showbiz folks where wacky characters break in and talk about continuity a lot" to a general audience.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Also they talk about the movies in a way that's more "what?? WHAT??" instead of needlessly complicated movie theory and pop culture references

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

That's completely insane... I think it would be generous to say that 10% of people might recognize them. Which is still a hell of a lot, but I definitely wouldn't consider them 'famous'.

There's not a single frat boy in America or under 35-year old fantasy football player who doesn't recognize Raffi or Andre from The League. These guys are UCB legends who took their first classes in 1998 to us nerds, they're Raffi and Andre from the super popular show about the country's most popular sport (that loves to showcase them during FOX NFL Pre-Game all the time) to everyone else.

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 28, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Whoa there, cowboy. The last couple seasons of The League at least were getting like 500,000 viewers.

Manos99
Mar 17, 2009
Tom bringing up the difference between New York and L.A. humor seemed like a pretty fun dig at Mike Lawrence. Hope it continues to be a running bit.

Great episode.. even if Sharon Horgan didn't necessarily get an opportunity to add much.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Manos99 posted:

Tom bringing up the difference between New York and L.A. humor seemed like a pretty fun dig at Mike Lawrence. Hope it continues to be a running bit.

I had to quit that episode after the 5th time they threw something to him and he responded with a monosyllabic grunt

quote:

Great episode.. even if Sharon Horgan didn't necessarily get an opportunity to add much.

I thought she was great, albeit a little thrown by the format and injokes at the beginning

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"Carrie-Ann, tell 'em how much hair you have."
"All of it."
"She has a ton."

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SpacePig posted:

This is seriously one of my favorite ad reads ever. The only one better is for an even stupid product, then Man Grate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

VPN was an Earwolf jam, right? This belongs here.

"Your dad's still alive, right?"

"No."

"gently caress!"

This may be better than the berries if only because cackling at how stupid it is is pretty much the only reaction "The Man Grate" is worth.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Most people still don't know they have the FXX channel.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

feedmyleg posted:

That and "We talk about bad movies" is a much more digestible concept than "Interviews with comedians and/or minor showbiz folks where wacky characters break in and talk about continuity a lot" to a general audience.

Speak on that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Even though the last episode focused on jokes that didn't work, I'd just like to give all the HH writers props for doing a fantastic job!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Manos99 posted:

Yeah it was a good moment.

I honestly don't even know what Lawrence was referencing when he said "this is the difference between NY and LA". What was?!

The worst moment from that episode was when that turd said "Oh, a genuine laugh :smug: ". The moment of silence right after that was funny because you could feel Sean Hayes just astounded at what a contemptible weirdo that guy is.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
New York : rude, direct, no bullshit, tells it like it is

LA: fake, sarcastic, loves to play games, is not straight up

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I went to a Mike lawrence show at a festival and my friend ran into him at the bar while i was getting drinks, and she was just like "good set" and having a nice conversation with him for a minute, then i came back with drinks and before i could say hi he mumbled like "well your Jock boyfriend is here so i guess this is when you stop talking to me" and got really upset lol

When i saw he was on HH i was like oh man he is the worst guy for that show, despite being like a 35 year old successful guy he is still convinced that the cool kids are gonna come put his head in a toilet for liking Comic books, and was gonna definitely think the HH guys were two Jock Bullies making fun of him (they kind of were i guess)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
no they read comic book

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
His comment about how Batman v Superman proved that the jocks and bullies had taken over their beloved medium was extremely revealing

people have been hating on zack snyder since 300, that's nothing new, but why is he a dude bro jock bully fake nerd now?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

New York : rude, direct, no bullshit, tells it like it is

LA: fake, sarcastic, loves to play games, is not straight up

Guys like Sean & Hayes are straight up. They say what they mean, they mean what they say, but they don't say it mean. And that's the rules.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Jocks are bull poo poo. Just how I feel.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I almost skipped the musical episode of Hard Nation last week because music on podcasts but I've had Isis Love stuck in my head for the past week

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
why can't a single podcast host pronounce antimicrobial

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Riptor posted:

"mischievous" also seems to come up a surprising amount and I wince every time someone fucks it up (100% so far)

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually I love jocks and am one. That was sarcasm before (the holly wood hand book humor style, u should know of it) and now I'm mad at you for caring how microbes are said.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Work Friend Keven posted:

Actually I love jocks and am one. That was sarcasm before (the holly wood hand book humor style, u should know of it) and now I'm mad at you for caring how microbes are said.

Lookout nerd herd, it's the jock flock

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Riptor posted:

Haha, I was just catching up on Pistol Shrimps Radio and I specifically noticed that Matt Gourley gets it right every time.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

manyak posted:

I went to a Mike lawrence show at a festival and my friend ran into him at the bar while i was getting drinks, and she was just like "good set" and having a nice conversation with him for a minute, then i came back with drinks and before i could say hi he mumbled like "well your Jock boyfriend is here so i guess this is when you stop talking to me" and got really upset lol

lmao this is Good. Everyone please post more stories where someone I think is a wiener acts like a big wiener. Thanks in advance

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Work Friend Keven posted:

how does it feel to be pumping our gas now?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Brett Gelman has been on Yo Is This Racist this week. It's almost making me want to listen.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Nah, thanks. I'll just stick to the new Gelman / Jason Woliner special that airs tomorrow, the first two Dinner /w Brett Gelman & ________ were fantastic.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

anotherone posted:

Haha, I was just catching up on Pistol Shrimps Radio and I specifically noticed that Matt Gourley gets it right every time.

True, that man is polished

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

That graph a page back tells me that, on average, this show gets more listeners than I4H, Hollywood Handbook, With Special Guest and NNF.

Somehow.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

That graph a page back tells me that, on average, this show gets more listeners than I4H, Hollywood Handbook, With Special Guest and NNF.

Somehow.

lol

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Both of those guys look like assholes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Silicon Valley Handbook

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Business ideas for millennials:

-ironic soup kitchen
-match.com but for pets
-high tech toilets??

Hire me please, midroll.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

JethroMcB posted:

Somehow.

Dubner is from Freakonomics so that's probably the main reason.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Illinois Smith posted:

Nah, thanks. I'll just stick to the new Gelman / Jason Woliner special that airs tomorrow, the first two Dinner /w Brett Gelman & ________ were fantastic.

Thanks for the heads up on that, those things are insane. Jason Woliner is awesome, and getting his parents to watch that show was hilarious. They did not get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Illinois Smith posted:

I went to the premiere of it in LA the other night and it was really good. I think it's their best one.