Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
"'The Jews are wicked' is a statement I wholly disagree with"

"CORBY SAYS JEWS WICKED"

That's the same tactic daft people use to say that Darwin disproved his own theory isn't it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

So, uh, is this the speech that Corbyn gave at the conference? Because it says:

quote:

Our Jewish friends are no more responsible for the actions of Israel or the Netanyahu Government than our Muslim friends are for those of various self-styled Islamic states or organisations.

...which doesn't even seem to necessarily refer to Daesh?

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Miftan posted:

Source? This would be the sweetest thing

https://twitter.com/dats/status/748466883146485761

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Stefu posted:

You might be reaching here, what else would it be referring to?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
At the end of all this Davey Hamfucker is going to pull one of Farage's tricks and go "Well actually the party didn't accept my resignation so i'm here to stay after all"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Is this bad for Corbyn.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

The UK media is playing fast and loose with Corbyn quotes in order to leave a certain impression?

I'm shocked, shocked I tells ya.

Kurtofan posted:

Is this bad for Corbyn.

There's nothing that is good for Corbyn. Unless it is stepping down from his leadership. Which is also bad for Corbyn.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

This is lovely, thanks.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

GaussianCopula posted:

People keep telling me that this show is based on a true story, but the plot twists are kinda unbelievable at this point.

off you gently caress, Nazi

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

Miftan posted:

You might be reaching here, what else would it be referring to?

I dunno, actual states that define themselves as Islamic?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

peanut- posted:

Though on reflection Bozza was probably the best chance we had of Brexit not actually happening.

Which is why it's good he's not running, he would have tried to bumble and fluff his way out of things with seventeen million Brits and one or two Europeans baying for blood.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Stefu posted:

"self-styled Islamic state" seems a pretty clear reference to ISIL/Daesh

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
What's an Owen Smith?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Stefu posted:

And the organisations bit?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Kurtofan posted:

Is this bad for Corbyn.

DEfinitely not

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Stefu posted:

Amazing.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Brois pulls out after loving Britain.. sounds poetic.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

hookerbot 5000 posted:

All this just shows how completely pointless reading live feeds of newspapers actually is.

I went on a thread vacation for a bit because I needed a break from having to double-check things that are reported. It was pretty theraputic.

And :lol: at Johnson. :byewhore:

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

The media continues blatantly twist and distort the truth and then are shocked, just shocked when their warnings are disregarded by the public during actual times of crisis.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

GaussianCopula posted:

People keep telling me that this show is based on a true story, but the plot twists are kinda unbelievable at this point.
I think the people of Britain miss the Thick of It so much they just decided to self produce a new special episode. Still not enough Scotsmen swearing for my taste.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Everyone just needs to get more nuanced then when Corbin fucks up we can guess what he really meant to say.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Toplowtech posted:

I think the people of Britain miss the Thick of It so much they just decided to self produce a new special episode. Still not enough Scotsmen swearing for my taste.

Just you wait until the Scottish Exit Special.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Chilcot is out in a week too. Let's not forget how fun that is gonna be.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Pissflaps posted:

Everyone just needs to get more nuanced then when Corbin fucks up we can guess what he really meant to say.
The people in charge of informing your country do, yes

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
as with mcdonnell waving the little red book around, there are many ways to make a point that don't have terrible optics

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pissflaps posted:

Somehow I'm getting the impression that you don't like Mr. Corbin very much.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Oh gently caress off.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chomskyan posted:

The media continues blatantly twist and distort the truth and then are shocked, just shocked when their warnings are disregarded by the public during actual times of crisis.

Politicians too!

Corbyn: the statistics say child poverty increased

Cameron: actually my statistics *points at crayon scribbles* say child poverty has plummeted

meanwhile those children in poverty have parents going "THAT FUCKER"

OvineYeast
Jul 16, 2007

Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden

Pissflaps posted:

Corbyn didn't gently caress up, he reiterated a point made in an independent inquiry into antisemitism in the Labour party.

e: lol didn't know about the hth filter

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Wow, boris johnson is slinking off with his tail between his legs!

Rats and sinking ships...

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

jiggerypokery posted:

Chilcot is out in a week too. Let's not forget how fun that is gonna be.

I'm almost willing to bet this will be postponed again.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

peanut- posted:

Though on reflection Bozza was probably the best chance we had of Brexit not actually happening.

I would be shocked if it happened under May, she is very smart and can be a complete bastard - so odds are she will just do the same as Thatcher did to get the rebate, completly gently caress over every bit of business in Europe until she gets her own way. Thanks to the UK's position in the EU it has the power to completely screw the running of the EU, its the major bargaining chip and its the reason why the EU, etc keep saying no negotiations till article 50 as they know the UK can really hurt the EU if it wanted to.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Ultimately Jeremy Corbyn is literally one of the few senior politicians in the UK who represents my views, especially regarding immigration. His stance on that is literally one of the few who haven't yet capitulated to racism, who consistently stands up for migrant rights. I will prop him up regardless, so long as there is no better alternative. Yes, it's stubborn of me, but I'm young and I have literally never seen this in politics before.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Steptoe Must Go

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
I have every sympathy for the media, it's very difficult to actually quote what people say when there's a transcript available. Especially if it doesn't fit into a tweet.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MRLOLAST posted:

Brois pulls out after loving Britain.. sounds poetic.

he didn't pull out in time...... Miss Britannia is going to have to raise little Brexit on her own.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

ukle posted:

I would be shocked if it happened under May, she is very smart and can be a complete bastard - so odds are she will just do the same as Thatcher did to get the rebate, completly gently caress over every bit of business in Europe until she gets her own way. Thanks to the UK's position in the EU it has the power to completely screw the running of the EU, its the major bargaining chip and its the reason why the EU, etc keep saying no negotiations till article 50 as they know the UK can really hurt the EU if it wanted to.

Maybe, but she's already been out there saying that Brexit means Brexit, and immigration controls are essential.

I do suspect that she's the only candidate that will get away with not calling a general election though, which makes things a bit less disastrous for Labour right now.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Laradus posted:

I have every sympathy for the media, it's very difficult to actually quote what people say when there's a transcript available. Especially if it doesn't fit into a tweet.

What has been misquoted?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Laradus posted:

*agenda available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
for instance, during the presentation of a report on anti-semitism, it is best to resist the temptation to remind people what you really think of Israel

like, many possible opinions are legitimate

but there are other opportunities. there are no shortages of podiums for the Leader of the Opposition in one of the world's most powerful countries

• Locked thread