Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Elsa posted:

ullerm is already owning in a dual rep Vexor so I don't see why you'd want to go to a Proteus that has so much buffer you'd be better off with a Fax than a local rep. People tend to not fight you if you're in something with an obvious active rep tank like an Eos.

proteus with single rep can like cap-stable tank 500dps or so, and that's a gimmicky fit

you could probably do one (with implants+links) that scrams out to 18k, permatanks 1200+DPS cap stable, and does 700 dps

it's a good ship, probably my favourite t3 (although i don't really fly one outside of AHACS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I like it, I just haven't bothered using it for cov ops pvp yet.

I also love flying my Tengu, but with out current doctrines and the fact that there's no great dps fitting for a cov ops tengu, I basically only get to use it for doing sleeper caches and other forms of pve. :(

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Baculus posted:

I like it, I just haven't bothered using it for cov ops pvp yet.

I also love flying my Tengu, but with out current doctrines and the fact that there's no great dps fitting for a cov ops tengu, I basically only get to use it for doing sleeper caches and other forms of pve. :(

i really liked the petes back when they were a thing, but then CCP went and nerfed what wasn't a terribly OP ship

yet balance legion hasn't been nerfed yet

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Am I mistaken in seeing that you can throw pretty much whatever the hell you want on the Pontifex and Magus because all their damage potential is in drones, yet somehow their fitting stats imply that CCP wanted you to put guns on them?

Because that's what I'm seeing when I fit these things.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

yet balance legion hasn't been nerfed yet

Are you implying that my Garmur spewing missiles while zipping around at 11km/s isn't balanced?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Baculus posted:

Are you implying that my Garmur spewing missiles while zipping around at 11km/s isn't balanced?

or the orthrus which can zip around at a measily 7.5k/sec and spew out 500 easily-applied DPS to 60km

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Am I mistaken in seeing that you can throw pretty much whatever the hell you want on the Pontifex and Magus because all their damage potential is in drones, yet somehow their fitting stats imply that CCP wanted you to put guns on them?

Because that's what I'm seeing when I fit these things.

How do 3 un-bonused turret slots make you want to strap guns on those boats?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Baculus posted:

How do 3 un-bonused turret slots make you want to strap guns on those boats?

he's saying they have pg/cpu like ccp thought you were going to strap guns on, but because you're not because they're unbonused, you can fit like anything else

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

proteus with single rep can like cap-stable tank 500dps or so, and that's a gimmicky fit

you could probably do one (with implants+links) that scrams out to 18k, permatanks 1200+DPS cap stable, and does 700 dps

it's a good ship, probably my favourite t3 (although i don't really fly one outside of AHACS)

A
U
T
I
S
M
C
H
A
R
I
O
T

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

he's saying they have pg/cpu like ccp thought you were going to strap guns on, but because you're not because they're unbonused, you can fit like anything else

i thought you could do small neuts or something?

with the bonused drones the pontifex and magus have probably the best damage of any of the t2ds if you fit small blasters

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently there's some tears going on about the carrier heavy rocket salvo changes, because carriers deploying 3 2011-era Dramiels with RSB-Svipul lock times and Maelstrom alpha was balanced.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Apparently there's some tears going on about the carrier heavy rocket salvo changes, because carriers deploying 3 2011-era Dramiels with RSB-Svipul lock times and Maelstrom alpha was balanced.

Well, you see, because fighters are frigate sized, each fighter should have the dps, alpha, and ehp of a frigate. Being able to solo 27box frigates is perfectly balanced because I paid 2b isk for them, which is more than 27 actual frigates cost.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Just bought a Nidhoggur. A single set of fighters was 800 million isk. Never mind the replacements :v:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Call it fluff if you want, but this secondary lighting has made ships look absolutely stunning... VideoGames is going to have a field day.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Eminai posted:

Well, you see, because fighters are frigate sized, each fighter should have the dps, alpha, and ehp of a frigate. Being able to solo 27box frigates is perfectly balanced because I paid 2b isk for them, which is more than 27 actual frigates cost.

This is the best argument I've seen for carriers applying excellent DPS to frigates and cruisers. By a lot. I would actually accept it as a valid reason coming from devs.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
drat, did I just kill the thread for four hours?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Everyone's off farming Serpentis ships for nerd points.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I kind of believe you.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

The Shortest Path posted:

Everyone's off farming Serpentis ships for nerd points.

Almost the entire server is if you go to any of the sites.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
There are a bunch of serpentis and angels beacons all over syndicate. Is this related to the event, or is it due do some other change from a recent patch?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i'm the one sitting afk ratting vexors in the auto mob spawning anomalies in highsec ask me anything

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

i'm the one sitting afk ratting vexors in the auto mob spawning anomalies in highsec ask me anything

would you rather have a girlfriend, or a good post?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:siren: botter detected, paging Hesiod to this thread

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
quick globby switch to a navy raven they'll never suspect a goddamn thing

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

turevidar posted:

There are a bunch of serpentis and angels beacons all over syndicate. Is this related to the event, or is it due do some other change from a recent patch?

It's the event that's spawned the sites. There's a new Scope button in the UI to bring up your new content to grind. Apparently the gold box at the end of the grind contains a 1 run capital bpc.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Xolve posted:

would you rather have a girlfriend, or a good post?

i have many of both :smuggo:

Elsa posted:

quick globby switch to a navy raven they'll never suspect a goddamn thing

there are a ton of blinged botting rnis everywhere its crazy

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

12 million isk ticks, 8 accounts, for the next 7 hours until downtime is around, 2 bil ish?

i bet you guys are hella jealous

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Just killed a Foritzar out in branch. Those explosions are awesome!

edit: and a gift Minokawa left over from the fight.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

12 million isk ticks, 8 accounts, for the next 7 hours until downtime is around, 2 bil ish?

i bet you guys are hella jealous

have you ever been pounded in the butt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

also lol at ratting in highsec

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Orange Red Bull posted:

also lol at ratting in highsec

I thought he was just buying plex with a really low paying job.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

Zephyrine posted:

Compared to the GSF average in levels of activity, skillpoints, organization.

They were obviously not happy in GSF but as a whole they are "fine"

I take people saying the word fine as eat dirt and die in this case ratpercusses didn't integrate with groups. Then when they left they got dunked in fountain on a move op. Basically they ate dirt and died. Yup totally FINE.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

ullerrm posted:

Today's comedy of errors:

* Got a limited-availability Shadow of Serpent challenge: Mine 100,000 scordite in one hour
* Throw together a buffer-tanked 2xDDA procurer and hop into 93PI to start chewing rocks, am largely AFK for 20+ minutes
* Less than five minutes after coming back from AFK, I get jumped by a pilgrim and rapier from CE
* Put drones on the rapier, he warps out after exhausting his XLASB charges
* Pull drones, deaggress, drop mobile depot. Swap DDAs for WCSes.
* Warp off from pilgrim's scram to station
* GF in local
* Repair, return in a bit, and finish mining with no further attempts at molestation
* Hit the 100,000 unit mark with 4 minutes to spare :D

I am proud of you a miner after my own heart. So want to come chill with me and raise 93pi indexs in the future?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I can fly Hecates now. SO HAPPY.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ScreamingLlama posted:

I'm training those right now. I have that problem where I don't want to fly something until I have absolutely perfect V everything for it. So I'm still waiting.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

ScreamingLlama posted:

the hecate is REALLY GOOD (like the confessor and svipul) if you're able to pick your fights (lol@700 dps from frig guns) but will get 0wnz0ned if you're caught by a VNI or something

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
also other stuff to post about:

IMO the new serpentis event is kinda dumb, and if I'm gonna spend a whole bunch of time dicking around with PVE it'd be better to do WHs, lvl 5s, or even hisec incursions, just because the payout will be so much better. TYVM :ccp: for a total grindfest with lackluster rewards.

PL has also been having a lot of dunks on carriers since we've moved; I'm really glad that more people are using them now

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?
I just want the proteus skin, gently caress this event.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

They're doing a T3 SKIN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Xolve posted:

wait i can get a proteus skin? how?

• Locked thread