Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
The nasty boys. Which must mean Hogan is in the vicinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

This is such a strange mix of wrestlers that I almost missed the fact that both Nasty Boys' names are spelled wrong. "Nasty Sag" sounds like a nickname for an STD.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

The nasty boys. Which must mean Hogan is in the vicinity.

No, I meant the significance of the numbers, if any.

24, that's the number of his brothers Chico rolled up with in his El Camino outside the arena.

752 smileys and not a single one that really signifies Bobby Heenan. :(

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

whatsabattle posted:

752 smileys and not a single one that really signifies Bobby Heenan. :(

:gibs:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Oh my God what have you done.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Will you stop!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ZixTheYeti posted:

This is such a strange mix of wrestlers that I almost missed the fact that both Nasty Boys' names are spelled wrong. "Nasty Sag" sounds like a nickname for an STD.

Lmfao Nasty Sag and Knobs sounds like something a British mom would find on her teenage sons laptop

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Kurt Angles's neck looks looks it doesn't move

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Angle, Booker's, and Steiner's jersey numbers all make sense, wonder if there's any meaning behind the numbers the Nasty Boys and Tito chose?

I guess 13 could be a generic cool number to take and maybe the other Nasty Boy is a Douglas Adams fan? No clue about Tito though.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jun 23, 2016

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Thauros posted:

No clue about Tito though.

According to this, Tito was #24 on his high school basketball team. http://pharrfromheaven.blogspot.ca/2012/04/more-on-tito-santana.html

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

Angle, Booker's, and Steiner's jersey numbers all make sense, wonder if there's any meaning behind the numbers the Nasty Boys and Tito chose?

I guess 13 could be a generic cool number to take and maybe the other Nasty Boy is a Douglas Adams fan? No clue about Tito though.

He wanted to be the last Pirate to wear #42.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Now that I think about it he probably wanted 420 but they wouldn't let him.

Also, goddamn I wish I'd have gone to the ballpark last night

GB888
Jan 28, 2004

The GB stands for "Great Boobs".

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

He wanted to be the last Pirate to wear #42.

Kind of surprised they let someone use #42, really.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Tito is 24 because he wasn't allowed have 247

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Deathlove posted:

Kind of surprised they let someone use #42, really.

I dunno, what could be a better way to recognize Jackie Robinson's tremendous contributions to the game of baseball and the civil rights movement than by letting a washed up pro wrestler follow in his footsteps with a jersey emblazoned with "NASTY SAG"? It's what he would've wanted I think.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Follow up:

http://deadspin.com/pierogi-race-ends-with-scott-steiner-slamming-contestan-1782500150

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Old timey cure alls are the best. I always wanted to try some cocaine wine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

purkey posted:

Old timey cure alls are the best. I always wanted to try some cocaine wine

"Sir, you appear to have an addiction to cocaine, might I suggest we wean you off it with some heroin?"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Such exquisite sophistication.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

"Sir, you appear to have an addiction to cocaine, might I suggest we wean you off it with some heroin?"

A TCC mod literally suggested this to a poster a few years ago, except his suggestion was to try LSD to get off a heroin addiction lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bradzilla posted:

A TCC mod literally suggested this to a poster a few years ago, except his suggestion was to try LSD to get off a heroin addiction lmao

Leading to the last part of one of the best posts ever by duncan

quote:

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a “food stipend” to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for “responsible drug users” and “harm reduction”

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling “my nigga have u tried lsd”

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

bradzilla posted:

There's some evidence that LSD can be used to treat alcohol addictions, so this isn't totally off base.

That's what came up when I searched "wrestlers on acid" to get the thread back on track.

WeX Majors
Apr 16, 2006
Joined for the archives
Is it bad I now want to see all of these fine examples of goon stupidity?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

WeX Majors posted:

There are two types of Goons, those who gently caress up, and those who want to read about it (you can also be both)

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Los ingobernabl-cakes!

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

WeX Majors posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahahahaha I'm dying

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

If you had to choose, large hot or large cold?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Perry Normal posted:

According to this, Tito was #24 on his high school basketball team. http://pharrfromheaven.blogspot.ca/2012/04/more-on-tito-santana.html

Could be a combo of that and his age when he made his wrestling debut in '77

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Random Honolulu beach encounter for some fans:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Who's she looking at?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

I had this magazine. I loved Disney Adventures as a kid.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

What was this little braid in his hair for? I don't recall a movie when he had it.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I'm pretty sure I still have that issue in a box in the attic. If the weather is no good this weekend and I'm stuck inside, maybe I'll go digging for it and see if there's anything worth posting in it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dinosaurs and Hulk: The AWA Story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gonz posted:

Random Honolulu beach encounter for some fans: