Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao they really do want every match to be value creatures smashing into value creatures forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ciprian Maricon posted:

lmao they really do want every match to be value creatures smashing into value creatures forever

Don't forget planeswalkers! Value creatures and value planeswalkers that pump creatures. Mix that in with spells that get more creatures and you have standard.txt.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Imagine a boot entering the battlefield and triggering a kick to your face forever.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

whydirt posted:

Imagine a boot entering the battlefield and triggering a kick to your face forever.

Face kicking spells are too powerful for standard though, unless they're costed at 3 more than is playable and sorcery speed.

3UU
Sorcery
As an additional cost, take off any shoes you are wearing
Kick target opponent in the face

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Also face kicking ETB creatures will be aggressively costed and also get a random evergreen picked out of a hat.

1G
Creature - Human Elf Eldrazi Ally
Devoid, Haste, Trample
When ~ enters the battlefield, kick each opponent in the face
2/3

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 30, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Skyl3lazer posted:

Face kicking spells are too powerful for standard though, unless they're costed at 3 more than is playable and sorcery speed.

3UU
Sorcery
As an additional cost, take off any shoes you are wearing
Kick target opponent in the face

Standard playable? No, but this is definitely going into my Commander deck.

Needs a kicker cost, imo.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Rinkles posted:

Scary

Decimator of Pronvinces
Eldrazi Boar
Emerge 6GGG

When you cast Edlrazi of Pronvinces, creatures you control get +2/+2 and gain trample until end of turn.

Haste, Trample

Woah.

That goes in the Animar Deck.

WOAH. WHAT THE gently caress?

Rinkles posted:

Eternal Scourge
Creature - Eldrazi Horror
You may cast Eternal Scourge from exile.

When Eternal Scourge becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, exile it.

Misthollow Griffin has seen some poo poo.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 30, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Eternal Scourge
Creature - Eldrazi Horror
You may cast Eternal Scourge from exile.

When Eternal Scourge becomes the target of a spell or ability an opponent controls, exile it.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Matter Reshaper emerged into Elder Deep Kraken, Eldritch Evolution into Ulamog

sure okay standard, whatever you say,

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

Matter Reshaper emerged into Elder Deep Kraken, Eldritch Evolution into Ulamog

sure okay standard, whatever you say,

Putting Ulamog onto the battlefield in and of itself isn't that great. You really do want the Exile cast trigger.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

Putting Ulamog onto the battlefield in and of itself isn't that great. You really do want the Exile cast trigger.

I mean ripping a 10/10 indestructible mill 20 out of your deck and slamming it onto the board seems pretty okay to me.

Edit: Eldritch Evolution going for 10 on preorder.

[Won't Get Fooled Again playing in the distance]

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Allstone posted:

NWO refers exclusively to rules about common card complexity

Oh I thought it also included new players like creatures > top priority is to attract new players > print more rhinos and fewer doom blades

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I am Tasigur and I approve of Eldritch Evolution.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Terrible Horse posted:

Oh I thought it also included new players like creatures > top priority is to attract new players > print more rhinos and fewer doom blades

It has more to do with the fact that when Lorwyn came out, the board states were ridiculously complicated because there were a ton of on-board tricks you had to worry about.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
thraben inspector into new thalia, probably not the most broken thing, but the fact that there's a great one drop and a million amazing three drops in standard, really make this card, just extra copies of most of your deck.

thraben inspector > reflector mage > Avacyn/ojutai/sigarda a turn before you can normally hard cast them.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Elblanco posted:

thraben inspector into new thalia, probably not the most broken thing, but the fact that there's a great one drop and a million amazing three drops in standard, really make this card, just extra copies of most of your deck.

thraben inspector > reflector mage > Avacyn/ojutai/sigarda a turn before you can normally hard cast them.

And I don't think anybody will say no to turning your 1/2 do nothing after it hits the board into the most relevant 3 drop at the time.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Star City Games has new Thalia at 7.99 and Eldritch Evolution at 9.99.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Angry Grimace posted:

It has more to do with the fact that when Lorwyn came out, the board states were ridiculously complicated because there were a ton of on-board tricks you had to worry about.

I remember a lot of people bitching about Alara and stuff like Cylian Elf when NWO fully went into effect, good times

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Angry Grimace posted:

Yea, NWO specifically was inspired by the complexity creep of Lorwyn and Time Spiral.
In Time Spiral is was just how many mechanics occurred across the set. Even barring the timeshifted sheet Time Spiral, let alone Future Sight, has way too many mechanics newer players to take in.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

It's a Wolf in Fallout Armor.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Angry Grimace posted:

This art is hilariously bad.

I can't stop laughing.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Skyl3lazer posted:

Yeah without the exile clause you turn a 3 drop into a 7 drop via dark dwellers. Still a fantastic card though!

Just discard it to Tormenting Voice first.

E:

Angry Grimace posted:

Finally a way to make my One With Nothing deck a reality.

E: VV

Elblanco posted:

Excuse me, that is clearly space marine armor.

Actually pretty sure it's just a Wolf in a Big Daddy suit without his helmet on.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Excuse me, that is clearly space marine armor.

E: also, I need a wallpaper sized version of that art, that is amazing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Angry Grimace posted:

Finally, the Transformers: Beast Wars card I've always wanted.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Anyone who doesn't like that card isn't human.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh my god that card rules.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love robowolf

I despise one-shot pod and expect yet another standard ruled by green

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Robodoge is awesome, I like the accompanying art that was with it in the imgur link.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Angry Grimace posted:

I need all of the copies of this card. I need to make METAL WOLF CHAOS work. I want to live in the world where this is a dominant force in standard.

E: The name makes me think that the next time we go back to Innistrad, we're going to see more armor wolves, and I love it.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just want the Ludevic creature card already.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I was actually kind of shocked to discover that fortified village and canopy vista weren't more expensive.

The second set usually doesn't have dual lands at rare right?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

I was actually kind of shocked to discover that treetop village and canopy vista weren't more expensive.

Usually rarelands of a new set after a little while come down if they're not fantasticly good like Temple of Enlightenment was.

Treetop Village has been printed five times, three of those were duel decks.

Edit: Last time we had rare duals in a second set was Born of the Gods, and before that, Gatecrash. So it's possible, but those were also 3 set blocks.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sickening posted:

I was actually kind of shocked to discover that fortified village and canopy vista weren't more expensive.

I mean, it can. It depends whether there's a cycle to finish. Just randomly having a cycle hasn't really been a thing since, what, Worldwake?

Count Bleck posted:

Usually rarelands of a new set after a little while come down if they're not fantasticly good like Temple of Enlightenment was.

Edit: Last time we had rare duals in a second set was Born of the Gods, and before that, Gatecrash. So it's possible, but those were also 3 set blocks.

I mean, Oath of the Gatewatch had rare duals (Needle Spires, Wandering Fumarole, Hissing Quagmire), but again, that's just finishing a cycle.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I mean fortified village. :ssh:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sickening posted:

I mean fortified village. :ssh:

Oh. Yeah, see Canopy Vista.

I don't expect rare duals to ever be expensive again given the life span of sets now.

But I've been wrong before, so.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's back

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Murder is getting reprinted at Uncommon. Elegant in it's simplicity. Pardon me if I don't rehost a reprint.

Edit: drat.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

I didn't say murder you said murder

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

That art/flavor text
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64